Cover Image: The Lost Girls of Paris

The Lost Girls of Paris

Such an amazing tale and one that I never had heard about in history books I've read. I love reading fiction that is inspired by true events. It usually has me googling after I finish to read up on everything surrounding it. I feel in love with Pam Jenoff books after reading The Orphan Train and loved this was just as much! Another great author for historical fiction buffs and one I will read anything published by her in a heartbreat!
The Lost Girls of Paris, is loosely based on a true story of a group of women who went undercover in Paris during WWII. Grace Healy finds a suitcase filled with photographs in a train station and decides to investigate the women in the photographs. The story that follows is as emotional as it is suspenseful and will keep the reader engaged the whole way.
Special thanks to Harlequin for providing our copy in exchange for an honest & fair review.

Oh, wow. This is such an emotional and heart-wrenching historical fiction novel. I love HF novels about women & this one is really enjoyable. It has a bit of suspense and a lot of emotions. A must-read for HF fans!
This was so much fun!! Very high stakes and interesting, though the beginning was a little slow. The training portion was interesting, the spies, the mysteries! I loved it, so good. Will definitely be checking out this author's other work.
In 1946, an abandoned suitcase in Grand Central Terminal was found by Grace Healey.  Photos found inside the suitcase, lead Grace into the world of female secret agents in London during WWII.  The women were sent to occupied Europe as radio operators to supply info to the Resistance. Based on real life events, this  book is engaging, informative and completely page-turning!
This is the first Pam Jenoff book that I have read, but it won't be the last!
I really enjoyed the plot and the history of The Lost Girls of Paris. The story follows three girls, Marie and Eleanor, in 1944 aiding the resistance in Europe, and Grace living in 1946 in New York City. I enjoyed learning about Marie and Eleanor alongside Grace. The story of these women and the risks they took to help was fascinating. I had to push through the beginning a bit as a couple of the girls felt very whiny to me. I listened to this on audiobook which may have been the cause. There is a bit of a mystery as we are left to wonder for much of the book what happened to the girls. Did they survive? If so where are they? I was intrigued and curious and found the ending surprising and fulfilling.
I put off reading this book due to it being yet another one that took place during WWII. An AMAZING book on every level!
A brilliant book. I look forward to the author's next works and will keep an eye out for what's next.
An incredible historical fiction novel about the War and what happens in Paris. Pam Jenoff is a fantastic writer and I encourage everyone to read this book.
Even better as it's based on a true story. I had to clear my schedule to read the last half of the book. Suspenseful to the end!
The Orphan’s Tale was one of my favourite books so I was excited to see that Ms. Jenoff had written another.

Inspired by true events the story centres around three strong female characters.   It is about friendship, love, loyalty and strength.
I love books about little know parts of history. And The Lost Girls of Paris is no exception. It did lag in parts and there was some romance I felt didn’t really further the story line but overall I really enjoyed this book. The characters were relatable and I'm always in awe when the “regular” girls choose to do the heroic. Not because I think we’re incapable but because I’m not sure I would have been able to in their shoes!

Thanks to the publisher and NetGalley for allowing me to read and review this book.
I wanted to love this one, but sadly I didn't feel like it grabbed me like The Orphan Train did. I decided to DNF at 33%, I may pick it up later. I think others could love this one if they haven't already read a lot of WWII fiction like I have.
I thoroughly enjoyed this book and apologize for the delay in providing this feedback.  I enjoyed the story line, the character development, the historical elements - all of it!  Thank you for giving me this opportunity.
From the cover to the setting to the story.   Absolutely enthralling and captivating.  Jenoff is one of my favorite historical fiction authors!
I was drawn into this book from the first page and wanted to know more about Marie and the other "girls" who were sent to Paris and other areas to spy before D-day. I don't usually read a lot of historical fiction, but was intrigued by this book. Each chapter is told from a different point of view, going between Grace in 1946 New York, Eleanor in London both before and after the war, and Marie one of the "girls." Although this was a fictional account it felt very realistic and kept me wanting to know what would happen next. Because of this book I plan to read more books about this time period to find out more.

I received a complimentary copy of this ebook from Harlequin/Park Row through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
I really wanted to love this book. It’s story was intriguing and it kept me hooked, but I had a hard time liking or understanding any of the characters. The main character, Marie, was supposedly the most favored spy of all the girls who were enlisted, but I couldn’t imagine why. She seemed to make one bad decision after another and broke almost every rule she was told. The romance in this book also seemed very unnecessary in both of the story lines. So while this book did have an interesting plot, it’s actual execution fell a little flat for me.
Jenoff's historical fiction novel takes place during and immediately after World War II. In 1946, Grace finds an abandoned suitcase with intriguing photos inside in Grand Central Station. She's compelled to figure out the mystery behind the photos. There are also two other perspectives: Eleanor, who ran a women's unit of quasi-spies during the war, and Marie, an Englishwoman who is drafted into Eleanor's service. I thought this story was immensely interesting with strong, resourceful women. There were several twists that I didn't see coming that did make this feel like a page-turner. However, there were a few elements that kept me from giving this a rave review. First, I felt like there was a romantic storyline inserted with no real reason at all. It felt totally unnecessary to make one of the women fall in love (especially after like 2 minutes of time with that person). Second, the character of Grace didn't really need to be in the story; her scenes didn't have any real weight and it was kind of unclear why she would have felt so drawn to the contents of the suitcase (enough to upend her life). Other readers on Goodreads have pointed out several historical inaccuracies as well, which leads me to think this book would have benefited from a stronger editor. Overall, though, I'm interested in learning more about the real-life group of women who secretly fought during the war - and that's probably the best compliment I can give a historical fiction read.
Very powerful. Haven’t been able to keep it in the library since we purchased it! We are also looking into acquiring the large print edition.
I love a good historical fiction about awesome women in history. And Lost Girls of Paris did not disappoint! To call this a spy novel isn't accurate because the women were't spies but rather disrupters (probably not a word.) Those who made the German's job during WWII difficult.

This book gives you more than facts though. It's also about the hearts and personalities of the women and the aftermath of what happens when some people didn't come home.