Cover Image: The Boss

The Boss

Great story from Abigail. The story is so easy to follow and i can practically feel the up and down of the story as i read.
Delaney Hamilton is on the run from a crazy stalker and the fires he sets.  She finally feels at home at her friends winery.  She just hopes that she is finally safe.  But then another suspicious fire has Delaney feeling that she may be the cause of the fires after all.  Scared and with no one to turn to, Delaney confides in the hot firefighter who saves her.

Finn is a hot dragon shifter who's cover is a firefighter.  He runs the enforcer team located on the west coast.  When a fire at a winery turns out to be started by a dragon, he immediately goes on high alert.  What dragon would be stupid enough to set a blaze so close to his headquarters?  When he questions the beautiful young woman who was in the middle of this fire, he realizes she knows more than she lets on.

Fallon and Delaney go back to headquarters so he can question her more.  What he learns has him on edge.  A dragon has been wiping her memory and setting fires around her.  The question is why.  Does this dragon think she is a potential mate?  She can't be.  She does not bear the mark.  Can Fallon find the rogue dragon and stop him before he kills her?

I read the prequel The Mate first and was supper excited about this.  I have to say I am not disappointed in this book at all.  It is an excellent start to the new Fire's Edge series.  Abigail Owen has a best-seller series on her hands with this one.  So far the plot is exciting and thrilling, not to mention hot as hell.  Not just from all that dragon fire, but those hot and sexy fire fighters.  Oh my lord.  **fans self**  Those men are sexy as hell.

The characters in this book are so intriguing.  I am loving each and every one of them.  Delaney is a tough cookie, who is smart and independent.  Finn is very loyal, protective and possessive.  Delaney sure does give Finn a run for his money.   Even the supporting characters are awesome.

My favorite type of romances are fire fighters saving damsels.  So it is no surprise I wanted to read these.  With dragons as fire fighters who could go wrong with that right!?  This book had danger, suspense, love, hot sex, humor and lots of spunk.  I am no fan of dragon shifter books, but with this one I was on the edge of my seat the whole time.  I absolutely could not put this book down.  It was so thrilling.  There were times I was about to com bust.  I haven't read a good paranormal in a long time.  This was a nice surprise.

Overall this book is amazing. With a steady pace, amazing characters and great world building, this book series is sure to hit the #1 spot.  I highly suggest you check it out!

*ARC provided by Abigail Owen
A firefighter AND a Dragon Shifter! What is not to love. I love reading Shifter books because I like to know about how the author created the lore of the mythical creature and create their own spin on it. I really enjoyed it I couldn't let go of my Kindle if you tried.

Delaney has been blacking out and waking up in fire. She doesn't know if she did it but she doesn't understand it. She meets Finn, a firefighter and a secret Dragon Shifter. She is interested in him but knows that there is something that he is not interested in talking about. Finn fell in love with a woman who he believed to be his mate, only to discover that she wasn't and lost her in the process. He has vowed to never mate again until Delaney appears in his life, he is very protective towards her, especially infront of his brothers/team members.

Delaney doesn't think she is mad and accepts what has happened, while she is getting used to the rules of Dragon Shifters there is someone who has intentions to take Delaney elsewhere. I really liked the concept of this book, I have previously read a few dragon Shifter books while some are similar, this book isn't it does focus more of the romance between Delaney and Finn which is hot and steamy but it gives you an understanding about Dragons.

I really enjoyed this book, I think it is part of a series but I am not sure if it is then I am definitely interested in continuing it xx
I received an ARC copy of this book for my honest review by NetGalley.  This was a new author for me but a great start to a new dragon shifter series. The whole concept was amazing and  I loved how these fire breathing dragons were “firefighters “ among humans. But the real heat was between Finn and Delaney.  And the supporting cast of characters have got me interested in when the next book is coming out. The only fault I found was the ending was a bit rushed but the build up for book two made me not care. A definite must read if you like shifter/ paranormal romance
Finn is a dragon shifter and Boss of a Fire Team.  Fire is detected that shows being set by a rogue dragon.  Besides saving lives and property; this team must keep their race a secret from humans.  Delaney is a women on the run from a stalker and the mysterious fires that are always igniting close by.   Owen spent a lot of time on the characters and this Dragon Team and their struggles to find a mate.  I just did not have the deep feelings for them that is always hoped for.  Much action and the story moved along nicely.  "A copy of this book was provided by Entangled Publishing, LLC  via Netgalley with no requirements for a review.  Comments here are my honest opinion."
It was the year 2017, and I read all the possible Dragon-shifter books  I was been able to get my hands on. Except, now it's 2018 and this beautiful gem falls into my lap. Just when I thought I read all and any possible plot or scenario and conflict that could ever be bestowed upon a dragon-shifter, I'm the pleasure of experiencing the fresh and revitalizing take that is, The Boss.

This was exciting and entertaining yet incredibly steamy. The push and pull between hero and heroine were addicting and compelling and I refused to stop until I got the ending I knew they'd have and deserved.

The authors take on dragons and their little society of shifters was intriguing and fresh. Here you've got clans of dragons that all have one thing in common (at the very least)-mates. And even though the term seems simple enough, it's all rather complicated and scary for the males of this shifter community.

Super eager to continue to delve deeper into dragon politics and intrigue and read about Rune (who, I'm pretty sure was behind the last tidbit we got in the end...fingers crossed that's the next story!).

If you're looking for a new dragon romance book with just enough action to keep things entertaining (or nail-biting, depending on how you look at it) then this book is for you! A little fluff here. A little push and pull there. Some action is thrown into the bunch, with a dash of some steamy sexy times, and you've got a winner.

*I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.*
Finn Conleth leads his team of enforcer dragon shifters with an iron fist and a cold heart. Every dragon seeks his destined mate, but the process to turn the woman he once thought was his killed her and devastated him. He will never risk his heart again. His team is his family now. When his body eventually gives out, he’ll leave, living his last days alone.Delaney Hamilton moved across the country to escape the freak fires that plague her. When I started reading I couldn't put it down.Abigail Owen is magnifysent writer.I cannot wait to read more of there books.Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.Can't wait for the next book.
When I read the synopsis to this book and saw it had to do with a dragon shifter I was intrigued.  I do enjoy reading shifter and PNR books but I do not think I’ve ever read one that had a dragon as the lead.  Wow what a story!

I was so heart broken when I read the beginning of this book, when a dragon shifter chooses the wrong woman to mate with, they can be killed and that is what happened to Finn.  He thought Phoebe was the one, but it all went horribly wrong.  He’s refused to try again, he has decided to lead his firefighting enforcer team members alone.  Things all change once he meets Delaney.

We meet Delaney as she wakes from unconsciousness surrounded by flames and this is not the first time this has happened to her.  I can not imagine the hell she must have been in.  She has also been on the run from a stalker.  She showed she had strength, courage and vulnerability, I had such respect for her.  She also saves a cat, I loved that!

This story kept my attention until the very end.  Finn tried so hard to stay away from Delaney, but he just couldn’t.  He got all possessive and protective over her.  When he found out she had a stalker, all hands were on deck.  He got his whole team to protect her and her friend and son.  I really enjoyed reading this book by another new to me author, I can’t wait to read what happens with Sera and who this mysterious bad guy is!

Thank you Netgalley and Entangled Publishing for giving me the opportunity to read this complimentary copy.  All opinions are my own.
This is a enjoyable start to a new series...dragons YES, fire fighting secret enforcers to their kind dragons...HECK YES! You get your damaged alpha male, spunky kind female lead, interesting secondary characters who keep you engaged and excited for the next book, suspense in who the dragon working against them might be...all in all a fun read with some extremely HOT scenes.
This was a complimentary advanced reader copy provided by the author or publisher in exchange for a honest review via Netgalley.
I received an ARC from the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

This was a fun read. It combined two of my favorite things: shifters and hot firemen. I liked the female lead because she was pretty no-nonsense. She took everything in stride, didn't freak out, and was never really a damsel in distress. The male lead had some alpha tendencies but genuinely respected Delaney and her decisions.

I gave this read a 3 instead of a 4 because the bedroom scenes weren't exactly my cup of tea. But they were still pretty hot. This could be read as a stand-alone, but the epilogue definitely sets it up for the next book in the series. I'll be keeping my eyes open for it!