Cover Image: The Life You Want

The Life You Want

This is a really fun and uplifting read.  The concepts presented are not new--the author focuses a lot on the Law of Attraction, but she uses an innovative presentation technique...the entire book is essentially a conversation between a teacher and a skeptical student.  The student is a stand-in for the reader, and by presenting the subject matter in this way, the author makes it very relatable and understandable.  The student asks the questions that often pass through our minds when we read about these concepts...here, the teacher answers the questions and provides examples, or walks the student (and the reader) through an exercise or a metaphor.  It's a very quick read, and one of the more enjoyable books about this subject matter I've read.  I struggled a bit in the beginning to identify whether the teacher or student was speaking, but within a few pages, I got familiar with each "voice" and could easily identify the "speaker".
This was a quick, fast paced read for me that offered a great perspective on life. It was very easy to read and understand, which I appreciated. The topics were simple but the author provided a fresh and exciting take on them. I will be certain to take what I learned from it and apply it to my life going forward! Great read.
This was the first book I read thanks to NetGalley. I appreciate the site and the publisher for allowing me access to the ARC in exchange for my honest review.

It was a quick read offering a fresh and positive perspective on life. I appreciated that it read quickly, easily, and with what appeared to be adequate editing. It was a pleasant read and uplifted me during what has been a rough patch in my daily life lately.
This is a quick uplifting book. It will inspire you to live the life you want.

I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a free copy in exchange for my honest and unbiased opinion of it.