Be with Me

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 09 Nov 2018

Why do I jump into series in the middle or at least not the first book? This time is was a little easier since it was the second book, but still I felt a little off not knowing what happened in the first story. I put that aside and focused on the two characters that would have their lives forever entwined.

Melanie Ramsey came to Haven to find a haven and help out her closest friends. She just didn't expect to get a speeding ticket right away. Escaping an emotionally abusive husband, Melanie is rebuilding her life, her confidence and trying to learn to trust again. Relationships aren't in the plans, but a one night stand with the one person who gave her a speeding ticket, shakes up her newly built foundation.

Tanner takes his job seriously to protect the weak and seek justice, but he is guarding his heart from a past that is affecting his future. With one hook up with Melanie, he is now forever entangled in a relationship he didn't want. But a baby is on the way and these two have to learn to get along and build a relationship to support them as well as their child.

The two have warring emotions. Melanie needs the independence her life has given her after the divorce. But the ex is haunting her still. Tanner needs to protect and keep them safe. The two missions of life collide and the two have to work together. Tanner knows he wants Melanie and the baby in his life, but also that he is going to have to give her some space his warring mind wants to take away. The past can't be redone, but he intends to make the future a different story.

This wasn't an easy story, nor was it a grand story. These are two broken people who not have a second chance at a life they both can imagine. It's not pretty, or tied up in a bow. It's real life and some times you just have to hit that head on.
Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this title.

Unfortunately, this was one I chose not to finish.  My apologies for the late notice.  As I don't want my low rating to appear on the site and potentially impact the choices of other readers, I wait until after a title has been published/no longer able to be downloaded.

Inadvertently, I waited much longer than intended to give feedback for this title.

I look forward to the next title through your company!

Thanks,
Laura
This book was absolutely fantastic. I loved it so much, it was sweet, heartwarming and swoon worthy. “Be with me” is another addictive story, I adored the characters so much. Absolutely recommend
Although I did not read the first book in this series (I just added it to my to-read list) and some of the events in this book depend on the first, you can definitely read this one out of order. Tanner and Melanie have some serious chemistry, and although they each had their fair share of baggage and issues to work through, they were definitely better together!
I very much enjoyed Be with Me by Jules Bennett.  Reading about Melanie and Tanner's accidental encounter or should I say encounter that created an accidental pregnancy turns out to be a very unique situation for them.  I enjoyed the relationship between all of the characters and then there was the not so nice ex that i wanted to hit with something.  Lets just say that it brought out the emotions and left me feeling all warm and cozy at the end.  Love me a good romance.
The following review will be posted on my blog, Goodreads, and associated social media pages on Dec 3rd.

I am late writing this review as I read the book about two months ago.  I therefore apologize if my review is high level and I do not go in to detail about the finer points of the plotline.

I have to admit that I am not a big fan of storylines where the pregnancy comes first and then the romance.  I am fine if there is already a child in the picture but for some reason I always find the pregnancy version a little awkward.  I gave this book a chance in my quest to constantly be expanding away from my comfort zone.  I am glad I did for the most part.

Both Melanie and Tanner were easy to like.  Melanie, a former victim who was pursuing a new healthy life after getting away, and Tanner who is the stereotypical alpha male with the kind of looks and heart every woman swoons over.  Their chemistry was obvious..ahem... she is pregnant with his baby after all.

As everyone knows how this one will end, I will avoid any spoilers for you all.  At the end of the day this was a nice and quick read.  It didn't blow my mind however it was entertaining for someone who went in knowing this isn't her cup of tea.
An enjoyable read about recovering from the past, and taking a chance on love. This is my first book by Jules Bennett and I really enjoyed Melanie and Tanner's story. I received an Advance Reader Copy from NetGallery for an honest review.
Melanie Ramsey had lived a hard life.  She had married her ex to escape her hard life and with him, it got even harder.  He was both verbally and physically abusive. It took two years to escape his long-reach.  Neville was a powerful man and he used that power to control Melanie.  She had finally begun to be the woman she wanted to be.  She was an attorney who now had a blog that was very successful and she felt empowered.  She was not about to give over control to any man, ever again.

Tanner Roark was a gorgeous deputy in the town of Haven. He was intrigued by Melanie from the first moment he met her writing her up for speeding into town.  Finally, after a night of drinking and weakness, they had gotten together and now she was pregnant.  He didn't know what to do because he didn't want to open himself up to heartbreak again.  He wasn't going down that road but was it possible to finally have the everything?  Was it possible for he and Melanie and their baby to form that perfect family he had always wanted?  Was it worth the risk?

I enjoyed reading this book.  Though there was sex, it wasn't very descriptive.  There was some foul language but for the most part I enjoyed reading this story.  I have read others from this same author and this series so I was familiar with the characters from earlier books.  The story is well written and I just absolutely loved Tanner.  He was the perfect alpha-gentleman.

I was given an arc and I offer my review willingly.
I love this series & this book is simply a great addition to the series. Jules Bennett is becoming one of my favourite authors with her two Haven series. The heartbreak that both Melanie & Tanner have each gone through is painful & neither is looking for anything permanent but a little surprise brings each of them out of their past & towards a future. The angst of Melanie’s ex-husband still harassing her & the loss that Tanner went through keep us on the edge of our seats while wondering when these two will wake up & see what’s right in front of them. Tanner’s the first to succumb to the reality of what is happening & he’ll work as hard as possible to make Melanie see what he does....the future....them.  It was great to see all the friends again & I truly love the character of little Piper, she’s a sweetheart. I also loved the surprise that Jax & Olivia pulled off. Definitely recommend this book.
A sweet heartwarming romance.

Many thanks to Netgalley, the publisher, and the author for my ARC. All opinions are my own.
Tanner and Melanie kind of butt heads when they meet. Tanner gives Melanie a speeding ticket on her way into town. Both Tanner and Melanie have reasons not to trust in love. Melanie has a abusive ex-husband who still won't leave her alone. Tanner has a person tragedy in his past that's affecting his future. When these two let their attraction for each other go one night it ends up with being connected for life whether they like it or not. Watching these two figure out how they can make a relationship work as sometimes fun before it had to get serious. Melanie needs to be independent and in control of her life and Tanner needs to take care of her and so that's makes it tough. Loved the happy ending for this story. Can't wait to see what happens next in this series.

Find out more about this series and Jules Bennett here www.julesbennett.com
4 stars

Be with Me by Jules Bennett is a sweet, romantic and entertaining read.
I enjoyed watching Tanner and Melanie come together, they tried to fight their attraction but when feelings start to get real there was no way these two could deny their love for each other.

Be with Me is a lovely addition to the Return to Haven Series and I'm looking forward to reading more in the near future.

*A big thank you to the publisher via Netgalley for the advance copy.*
This is the second time we get to return to Haven, Georgia with Jules Bennett. This book tells the story of Melanie and Tanner. He’s the cop who pulled her over as she arrived in town and she’s the blogger who came to support her friend. Life has given them more than they were expecting.
I really enjoyed this second Haven book. I love how the supporting cast of friends is so intertwined in the books. They are there for all the action, rather than just being an add on.
I also loved the characters of Melanie and Tanner. She is a woman who has suffered the worst and has come out of it determined to inspire women. While he is the silent cop who has been through more than most and yet works unfailingly to rescue others.  I thought they were different enough to bring that opposites attract angle while still having enough similar experiences to bond them. I also liked how Melanie understood Tanner’s actions as a result of his past and didn’t hold them against him.
The inspirational quotes at the start of each chapter were a great addition.
I also appreciated that the book didn’t rely on miscommunication, but rather simply told of people having to work through their issues to be able to come together.
Great work Jules Bennett, and I can’t wait for the story of Cash and Jade!
Thank you to the author, publisher and NetGalley for the free ARC in exchange for an honest opinion.
I devour this series! Every book in this series has been a guaranteed page-turner for me and the characters are SO lovable. It gives me hope that even I can persevere after a rough history, all while falling in love with the characters through the ups and downs.
This was an enjoyable read. Miss Bennett has managed to touch on a subject without making either main character over the top. She also didn't allow the subject to become the focus keeping the story on the current relationship. I really appreciate that. Her handling of this story really makes me want to read more and I am looking forward to it.
This is an easy-going, undemanding read with nice characters and a tricky situation all wrapped up in cosy friendship and family. There’s nothing terribly wrong with it, but at the same time, I can’t find anything I loved about it either. It’s pleasant and enjoyable, but not exactly memorable.

Which is a shame, because there’s a lot to like here. Melanie and her motivational blog is a great idea, but apart from her understandable trust issues and her problems with her ex, it doesn’t really figure much. I did like how she handles the pregnancy issue and doesn’t try to hide it from Tanner, but again, the pregnancy itself doesn’t bring much to the book.

Like Melanie, Tanner is a nice person, but his difficult and time-consuming job again doesn’t really figure much. He spends a lot of time going places with Mel or helping his cousin and not so much working. His own issues take much, much longer to come out and I felt really annoyed that no names are used. I know he’s tried to forget, but surely the woman deserves a name.

Their romance at times was a little lacklustre too, but I did like them together. What I didn’t like were some of Mel’s choices towards the end or the way everything was handled with her awful ex. I also could have done without the repetitive reminders of the spa in town that was renovated by three brothers in memory of their sister. I have actually read a couple of the Monroe books, but this is not the Monroe series, we don’t need the full rundown on everyone else right now, and we certainly don’t need it over and over again.

So overall this was okay. I liked it well enough while I was reading, but there wasn’t anything in it to make it stick in my memory or particularly make me want to read the next one.
Even this is second book in the series I didn't felt weird reading it simply because it can be read as a standalone too. It is a nice contemporary romance that is sprinkled with a surprise baby... Tanner and Melanie’s story kept me interested and I found myself taking sides and digging for the characters. I am not going into revealing more of the story to avoid spoilers for the other readers. All I can add is that I enjoyed reading it and I will go and read the first one in this instalment and for sure it wont be my last book by this author.
Love triumphs over obstacles!

Be With Me is the second book in Jules Bennett’s Return to Haven Series.  And it’s another wonderful book! This book addresses Melanie Ramsey who moves to Haven after divorcing her abusive politician husband! After a one night stand with Tanner Roark, she is surprised to learn she’s pregnant! Tanner has his own issues he’s been dealing with after his fiancé died in childbirth.  Both have to overcome their pasts to allow their relationship to progress and become a loving family.

I went through laughs, crying and smiling with satisfaction with this story!

I received a free copy of this book via NetGalley and am voluntarily leaving a review.
After her divorce from a powerful man Melanie decided to move to Haven with her best friends for a new start. She has started a blog to help other women and she is definitely not looking for another man.

Tanner is a police officer who has a painful past of his own. His cousin is engaged to Melanie’s friend however they have a habit of antagonizing each other every time they come into contact. It didn’t help that their first meeting involved him stopping her for speeding.

One night the sparks between ignited into a fire that neither could control. She now finds herself pregnant and although she wants Tanner to be a part of the baby’s life she is not ready for anything else. Tanner has never forgotten their night together and he determined that she belongs with him and he is willing to be patient so that she knows he can be trusted.

This a sweet and sexy story of two people who have been hurt in their pasts and get a second chance. I liked how protective Tanner was of her how and with him by her side she became stronger. I am looking forward to Jade’s story. I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Back to Haven Georgia with Be with Me by Jules Bennett. This is book 2 of the series. Melanie Ramsey gives support to her two best friends even though she is not originally from Haven. For her it is a new start in life. She is rebuilding her self-esteem as well as her life after a disastrous marriage and difficult divorce. An unplanned pregnancy follows a one night stand.  While I liked the characters, this is one of my least favorite tropes.

It seemed to me that Melanie and Tanner were not in the place of their lives to be ready for this event. Both had major baggage that still needed to be dealt with before a child would enter the picture. However, since it did, they managed to work through much of it. Because it is believable that it all worked out is a credit to the author’s wonderful sense of developing the story-line. If only it could work that well in real life.

An ARC of the book was given to me by the publisher through Net Galley which I voluntarily chose to read and reviewed. All thoughts and opinions are my own.