Cover Image: Erik

Erik

Erik Dahlbeck is one of the newest members of the Arizona Vengeance hockey team. He enjoys his share of time in the spotlight as well as the beautiful women that follow with fame. His skills both on and off the ice have his fans fawning all over him, except for one particular flight attendant that won't even give him the time of day.

Blue Gardner, one of the lead flight attendants on the Vengeance charter plane is used to men flirting with her and trying to get her into bed... and Erik Dahlbeck is just like all the others. Blue only puts up with his attention for the sake of her job to provide for her younger brother and pay for his care at an assisted living facility. She doesn't have time for men that only want to play games and continuously gives Erik the cold shoulder.

After learning that he and Blue share a past, Erik is determined to show her that he is more than just a handsome hockey player. He has never felt a pull towards a woman like the way that he is drawn to Blue. Will he be able to prove that he can be serious about a relationship and that he truly cares for her? Or will history repeat itself leaving Blue with a broken heart?

(I received an ARC of Erik from Sawyer Bennett and Penguin Random House in exchange for my honest review.)

Erik's story is the classic tale of a party boy that is determined to prove himself as more than just a a good roll in the sheets. He is willing to do what ever it takes to win over Blue, including care for her brother who needs extra time and attention. Together Erik and Blue can have a fairy-tale ending, if only their past doesn't get in the way. This is the perfect romantic novel for hockey fans!
4 Stars

Erik is the second title in the Arizona Vengeance series, and a second chance enemies to lovers romance.

Erik and Blue's story is erotic, fun, steamy and heartfelt.

Blue is an endearing character she's strong, resilient, independent, loving and caring.  She is no push over and makes Eric work for not only her attention but her affection.

Erik is a NHL player and he has a reputation that precedes him both on and off the ice.

The banter this pair share is flirty and argumentative as they hold quite a bit of animosity towards each other.

Whilst I felt this title was a tad drawn out, I did enjoy getting to know other members of the Arizona Vengeance, and look forward to reading their stories in the future.
Erik is a renowned player on and off the ice, but his reputation is standing in the way of the insane attraction he has to one of the teams air-hostesses, Blue.

Blue has a lot of guilt and regrets she carries on her shoulders like a proverbial boulder weighing her down, one of those secret self-condemnations Blue carries is her one night with Erik five years ago. A night it seems Erik doesn't remember in the slightest. Adding feelings of insignificance to the abundance of negativity Blue already has to create an explosive atmosphere between herself and Erik. Especially when Erik sets his sights on the beautiful Blue.

Erik is a quick read taking the reformed player trope and making the main character so adorable and endearing you wonder why he would ever have been a player in the first place. Winning Blue over isn't an easy task but Erik is up to the challenge, even accepting Blue's mischievous dare in order to secure a date with her !!!!!

Things fall quickly and easily into place as Erik and Blue grow closer; Erik's outlook on life and relationships is completely unexpected but real. Unfortunately, Blue's own baggage is the biggest barrier and ultimate test to their burgeoning relationship.

I loved how the resolution to the relationship problems played out while getting to know a few more of the peripheral players in greater detail. Bishop and Brooke make a cameo appearance, while the foundation is paved for Legend to take the limelight in the next book. Quirky girls for the win x
I absolutely loved this book! This is Blue and Erik’s story. Erik is a pro athlete and Blue is the flight attendant on the team plane. Erik is a big flirt and enjoys the playboy life. However is charm doesn’t work on Blue, she seems to despise him. Blue has a lot on her plate and doesn’t have time for a player that doesn’t ever remember her! Will she give in and give him a chance?
4.5 Stars

Erik by Sawyer Bennett is the second book in the Arizona Vengeance series and was sooooo good! It can be read as stand-alone, but I do recommend reading the first book as well. I couldn't wait to get my hands on Erik's story and Ms. Bennett did not disappoint. Erik and Blue's story is full of romance and heart and it was unputdownable!

With a successful ice hockey career Erik Dahlbeck has made a name for himself both on and off the ice. Off the ice, he is known to be a ladies man. Women don't say no to him. So when the teams flight attendant Blue wants nothing to do with him it really just makes him want her more. He is determined to find out the reason behind why she keeps ignoring him...

Blue does not have an easy life. She works hard to take care of not only herself but her handicapped brother too. Now on top of all of that she's dealing with Erik and his player ways. She's able to ignore the never ending flirting but as soon as she starts to get to know the real him, all bets are off. Will she be able to love the man beneath the player?

I absolutely loved this book! Ms. Bennett seriously gives me all the feels! And while this book wasn't over emotional or angsty or dramatic, it is so well written and full of love. I cannot wait to read the next book in the series!
I had a great time with this book!  This is the second book in the Arizona Vengeance series but it could easily be read as a stand-alone.  Anyone that has had the chance to read the first book in the series, Bishop, will recognize quite a few of the characters but there should be no issue if a reader decided to jump in here.  This book really grabbed me right from the start and I ended up reading the whole thing in a single sitting.  It really was a joy to watch Blue and Erik figure things out.

Blue and Erik were both great characters.  Blue works as a flight attendant on the hockey teams plane and she is anything by impressed by Erik.  When she isn't working, she spends her time trying to be there for her disabled brother since she is all he has left after the death of their parents.  Erik can't figure out why he keeps striking out with Blue.  When he sees her out with her brother, he starts to think that there is a lot more to Blue than he originally thought.

Erik and Blue both show a lot of growth over the course of this book.  Blue has had to deal with a lot of things during recent years and she has a lot of guilt from some of her past actions.  The fact that she was able to give Erik a chance and forgive him was a big step and I liked the fact she wasn't afraid to apologize.  Erik didn't grow up with the best role model when it came to dealing with women.  He has changed from his younger days and is willing to go the extra mile when needed to win over Blue.  I loved seeing how he was with Blue's brother.

I would recommend this book to fans of contemporary romance.  I had a great time watching Blue and Erik fall in love.  This short book was able to blend some swoon-worthy moments, a touch of humor, steamy scenes, and more serious moments with ease.  I can't wait to read more of this wonderful series from Sawyer Bennett!

I received a digital review copy of this book from Random House Publishing Group - Loveswept via NetGalley. on.
Bewildered by the fact that his attempts to get the one woman’s attention that he desires continue to fail epically; Erik sets out to find out what makes the object of his affection so uniquely different.  To his surprise, she knocks him off his game with her answer.

Blue isn’t looking for love and she certainly isn’t looking to be romanced by any hockey player that she meets at work, so when Erik turns on the charm to try and win her over she is underwhelmed to say the least.

But, she has to hand t to Erik when he steps up his game and surprises her with his show of unexpected tenderness and affection towards the one person in her life that is her kryptonite.

Soon, this self-proclaimed ladies man cannot get enough of the lovely Blue and vice versa.  If you are looking for a heart-warming story, with enough spice to melt the ice of a few hockey rinks, look no further!
Erik was a pleasant surprise. I found myself enjoying the book even if there were a lot of evidence for Erik's man-whoring ways and Legend's which did not make me very happy since he is the hero of the next novel and he has already met his lady to be. I hope I will have forgotten all about that by the time his book comes because his lady is a very interesting one and I would love to get to know her more, especially after the flamingo scene. One thing that also made me unhappy was the reason Blue was so cold towards him. Not on Blue's part, but on his. It was a little disappointed to know that about the hero of the novel. These two reasons were enough for me to remove a whole star from the story I liked.

The pace was steady and the writing good. I loved the secondary characters and I hope that the author will get a chance to write stories for all the guys on Erik's team. Tucker is a favorite of mine with a very tragic story and I want to see more of him and how he will heal. I completely agree with his actions in this book and I hope that he will open up to us more in the next book. From the secondary female characters, Pepper was my favorite and I wish that Legend will treat her right otherwise I will find a way to kick him in the balls.

Once Blue and Erik become a couple, things take off (no pun intended). I liked their story from the moment he saw her in the bar with her brother until the very end. Erik was more caring than I could have imagined and he always tried to be there for her and Billy in a way that made me feel like he was doing that for most of his life. Blue is a nice person who is not always perfect but is trying to make the best of a situation. I loved how she stood up to Erik on the final plane scene and I loved her spark there. She and Erik have more in common than one might think at first glance and they made me believe that their relationship would work out until one of them died.

The book was good, light and very easy to read, so it gets a recommendation from me.
A flight attendant & the Arizona Vengeance hockey team enforcer find everything to be sweeter a second time around.

Erik is a ladies man, but no matter how hard he flirts, Blue turns him down. Every. Single. Time. Soon, he realises that despite her reluctance to give him a chance, there's something about her that lets him know that she's different than the other women he's pursued in the past. When he gets a glimpse of her family, he realises that his regular tactics won't work. He has to go big or go home.

I liked that Blue made Erik work for a date with her, but that she didn't overdo her demands. Her commitment to her brother's care was amazing. You could tell she truly loved him. The way Erik related to him was really good.

This is the first in the Arizona Vengeance series I've read, but I look forward to reading the rest of the series. The bonds the team has is pretty strong, and there are some characters with stories I absolutely would love to read.

I voluntarily read & reviewed an ARC of this book, which I received via NetGalley.
4 Stars

I cant' get enough of these Vengeance players. These guys are sweet, tough, players and will do anything for the women they fall for. And can we just stare at this cover? All day

I'm looking forward to read more in this series. Especially Legend's book. There's a story between him and his pixie neighbor! Also, waiting for Tacker's book, the Team Captain. I'm ready to read his heartbreaking story and hoping he gets a HEA.
Oh Erik and Blue... what is a woman to do about a man like that? Erik's first interaction with Blue is one to be remembered as she blows him off completely. Absolutely shuts him down!! Which is what he is not used to. Erik has a reputation that he can get any woman he wants and now the one that has caught his eye will not give him the time of day.

Blue is struggling to provide for her family, even with the cushy job of working on the Arizona Vengeance's' plane as a flight attendant. Running into Erik was not what she was expecting, nor was she planning to ever have another conversation with him. So the best course of action is to ignore and shut him down.

There is so much that happens with these two that you cannot start to care for them and how it will turn out. Each have their own demons to deal with, but they prove that they are stronger together than apart.

Sawyer gives everything you most assuredly have come to love in her books - steam, sweetness, some tears, and always that loving feeling in the end!
•⭐´¨) ¸.•⭐'¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.•`
❤~🌟~❤ 4.5 EXCEPTIONAL STARS! ❤~🌟~❤

Squeeee! I just CANNOT GET ENOUGH of Sawyer Bennett’s sizzling hot hockey romances and ERIK, a captivating story with a bit of a Cinderella twist, totally swept me off my feet!

This is the second installment in the author's new series revolving around NHL’s Arizona Vengeance hockey players, and for readers who followed her previous series, COLD FURY, she once again delivers on the swoon, excitement, passion and feels but these books are steamier, more hockey-centric, and a whole lot filthier! Oh, and the men so uber alpha you WILL need a spare pair of undies.

THE STORY:
I was so looking forward to this story because in book one the author gave us a yummy taste of Erik’s upcoming romance with Blue Gardner, one of the flight attendants who works on their team plane. A brief recap from Bishop: Eric Dalhbeck, a premiere defenseman and elite enforcer with the Arizona Vengeance, was instantly smitten with Blue from the moment he “first” set eyes on her on the team jet but when he laid on the trademark charm—shocker!—the gorgeous stewardess did not fall for his shameless flirting!! But even though this fun-loving playboy’s over-inflated male ego may have taken a slight hit by her harsh rebuff, he was not about to give up easily.

As this book opens, the CHASE IS ON when they cross paths at a Harvest festival in Scottsdale and he discovers there’s much more to the beautiful, curvy, hard to get blonde than meets the eye! But in order to win her heart, he is gonna have to step up his game. Big time. Because as it turns out the team’s “hot-as-f*ck” flight attendant, who he admittedly would still like to join the mile-high club with, has her hands full taking care of her handicapped younger brother Billy. Which means that regardless of how much she is secretly attracted to him, she has zero time for romance—or his shallow come-ons!

Especially since, unbeknownst to him, Blue has firsthand knowledge of Erik's love ‘em and leave ‘em ways. And is not ABOUT to let history repeat itself!

But when Erik bonds with Billy and pitches in to help her in her time of need, we know it’s just a matter of time before her walls come crashing down and she succumbs to his irresistible charms! But can this reformed player and the beleaguered Cinderella of his dreams go the distance?

MY MUSINGS:
ERIK melted my freaking heart! From start to finish, there is plenty of captivating romance palpable emotion, thrilling hockey action and scintillating bedroom romps to keep us in a constant state of euphoria!

There is NOTHING hotter than a notorious ladies man who is transformed by true love …and SWOON I fell head over heels for Erik!! This filthy rich, fiercely driven, roguishly handsome player just OOZES sweetness, charisma and potent sex appeal!! I loved the way that Ms. Bennett slowly but surely peeled away Erik’s outer layers and showed the noble heart beneath that gorgeously hard-bodied exterior. Erik is, in short, a to die for BBF.

This heroine was also AMAZEBALLS, and I can see why Erik is so enamored with her! Blue is beautiful, brave, selfless and caring. And a sex kitten in the bedroom! However, she has not had an easy life, and her backstory is heartbreaking. But she refuses to let her hardships get her down, and her unfaltering devotion to her disabled brother Billy is beyond awe-inspiring! She puts him first above everything else, especially love.

Then eeep…Erik, her former one-night stand, steamrolls into her life and all bets are off! Though considering their dicey history, this proud, emotionally guarded airline attendant does not hand this sinfully sexy hockey hottie her heart on a silver platter and makes him WORK FOR IT! I love how despite how hostile she is to him in the beginning, he never backs down and does everything in his power to atone for his bad behavior all those years ago! (Even if it takes a while for him to remember it!) And it’s through his acts of pure chivalry that Blue finally comes to see that there is far more to Erik than the self-centered, egotistical jerk she originally pegged him to be. In fact, he could very well be her very own Prince Charming And he slowly but surely convinces her that she does not always have soldier on alone and that she is so very worthy of his devotion, pampering and love!!!

Aside from the smoldering romance, sizzling sexual tension and scorching hot interludes, the feels were off the charts! I am drawn to stories with characters with special needs and the storyline surrounding Blue’s 20-year-old brother, who has Spastic quadriplegia cerebral palsy, was DEEPLY MOVING. Omg…Billy was the absolute sweetest character and despite his immense physical challenges he radiated pure joy and love!!!!! And gah, the kind, compassionate manner in which Erik bonded with Billy, which of course made the heroine fall even harder for him, turned me into a pile of goo!

And as with the previous installment, those ruggedly sexy Arizona Vengeance players are a pivotal part of this story. I giggled like a fangirl from their hysterical “locker room” banter, rooted for them during game time and loved how these teammates had each other’s backs no matter what! And I got legit butterflies seeing Bishop and Brooke (from book one) all lovey dovey and basking in their happiness! And this gifted romance scribe also always plants seeds for future books, and let me tell you that the next one, LEGEND, is gonna be AWESOME!

FINAL VERDICT:
Sawyer Bennett scored another goal with ERIK! The sweet, sexy, and utterly enchanting journey that Blue and Erik embarked on together grabbed ahold of my heart and touched me to the core. It made me laugh and cry, lit my girly bits on fire. And…sighhhh… that HEA? Sheer perfection!

A TANTALIZING MUST READ!
Is there anything better than a Sawyer Bennett hockey book?

The Cold Fury will always have a special place in my heart as my first ever hockey books, but the Arizona Vengeance is quickly becoming a favorite.

Since briefly meeting Erik in book one, I've been intrigued. He has this cocky, devil-may-care attitude that makes him irresistible. He’s a bit of a playboy (that might be an understatement) but he’s not a total jerk. At least not anymore. He’s charming, sexy, and playful. In my opinion, that’s a lethal combination.

Blue is more complex that I originally thought. She tends to give Erik a hard time, but for good reason. She definitely keeps him on his toes. She’s loving, loyal, and dedicated too. She also might be the only woman around that is immune to Erik’s charms and shameless flirting. Or at least she tries to be.

I loved watching these two together. The chemistry in their interactions is palpable, even if Blue doesn’t want to admit there’s chemistry in the first place. This is another sexy addition to the Arizona Vengeance series, and I can’t wait to read more!
Wow This book was truly amazing! With characters that were so caring you couldn’t help but keep on reading till you finished!
Blue is a flight attendant for the hockey team and Erik is one of the players but Blue thinks he’s still not worth her time. He’s nothing if not persistent trying to get Blue interested in him and needless to say the comradery in the team is fun to read!!!
This book was filled with steamy tension, witty banter and characters with heart! Can Blue see Erik isn’t the same man now? Can she put her feelings first or does her brother always take precedence? The circumstances surrounding where she is today is rather interesting but also a little sad..,
There is a whole lot of emotions from the characters and we see how Bishop and Brooke are doing as well!
Such a fun, entertaining read!
Arizona Vengeance player, Erik Dahlbeck, has quickly made a name for himself in the hockey world and in the media as well, but it’s the off-ice press that exposes him for the manwhore and it’s that quality that just might come back to bite him in the ass because the woman he can’t stop thinking about won’t give him the time of day, which means it’s going to take his best moves to have a chance with Blue Gardner and even that might not be enough because it’s more than apparent that Blue thinks Erik’s moral character is in crisis and she doesn’t have the time or the inclination to take him on because there’s too much to deal with already without adding a sinfully sexy hockey player to that list.

I adore a strong heroine who is more than able to put a cocky hero in his place, and that’s exactly how Blue Gardner comes across from the very beginning of the story. And while Erik and Blue’s story follows a fairly common plot line when it comes to romances, Sawyer Bennett gives readers her own take on why Blue finds Erik’s personal lifestyle so egregious and as Bennett forces Blue to see that Erik is more than just a commitment phobe player, she also explains how Blue’s ice queen act protects here and what she refuses to risk when it comes to her personal and professional life.

Like Erik, I wanted to unravel the many layers of Blue; I wanted to understand the woman beneath the walls she built and the outward appearance she shows, and as Erik wears Blue down, showing himself as more than just a ladies’ man, readers see the possibilities of these two building a solid relationship, despite their rocky beginning and the extenuating circumstances that continue to get in their way.

I loved getting to know Erik and Blue better and the fact that Bennett provides both of their perspectives keeps readers from wanting to completely throttle Erik for his behavior and see exactly why Blue acts the way she does despite her attraction to Erik. The back and forth between Erik and Blue as well as the camaraderie of the Erik’s team and Blue’s relationship with her brother are all pivotal parts of book because they showcase the various sides of the hero and the heroine and they also make the story well-rounded in the sense that it’s not just about a relationship developing between Erik and Blue…it’s about being a member of a team, stepping up for those you love, and taking a chance when it scares the ever loving crap out of you. There are life lessons to be learned throughout Erik and Blue’s story and Bennett ties the love of family…of team…of the opposite sex…of self into one steamy, sassy, and well-paced package.

4 Poison Apples
ERIK is book 2 in the Arizona Vengeance series. It's a standalone hockey romance.

Erik is an enforcer for a professional hockey team: The Vengeance. He meets Blue on the team plane, she's a beautiful flight attendant with an attitude. Erik doesn't realize that he's met Blue once before. But Blue can't forget their one night together five years ago.

So right up front, I'll say that Blue and Erik weren't my favorite couple by Ms. Bennett. Don't get me wrong, I totally enjoyed their story but I felt like it lacked a certain something that I can't quite put my finger on. More tension between them maybe? More of a build up? Not sure!

Having said that, I loved the relationship that Blue had with her brother, Billy. I equally adored watching Erik build his friendship with Billy too. And let's take a moment to appreciate Erik's character because he was such a great book boyfriend! Funny, sweet, understanding, charming. Blue had some awesome qualities too, like how she took care of her brother. But I wanted her character to be MORE...just more! Fiercer, stronger, more confidant and sure. (Yes, I'm on a girl power trip!)

Overall, I gave this one a solid 4 stars. I mean, it's written by Sawyer Bennett so it's still good...SWEXY (sexy and sweet) entertainment! I think if you're looking for a lighter read, something a tad tamer with a hot MC, you'll really enjoy this one. Told from dual POVs with a super sweet ending. I voluntarily read and reviewed this book.
~4.5 Stars ~

There's just something about the way Sawyer Bennett writes her hockey series. It's the perfect balance of the romance we crave and the sports we love. Erik just might be my favorite hockey book from Bennett to date. It's a sweet and sexy second chance romance that is filled with fun, flirty and dirty moments.

Erik has the hots for Blue, one of the flight attendants that works on the chartered flights for Arizona Vengeance. The problem is, she wants nothing to do with him and he can't figure out why. To him, that's just a challenge he's willing to take on but as things progress, he really starts to see Blue for who she is and he can't get enough of her.

I like the two of them together. Erik is the reformed player who has a heart of gold and Blue is a strong, undefended woman who's heart equally matches Erik's. They are steamy, sexy and an overall fun couple that you naturally gravitate to.

This book is the second installment in the Arizona Vengeance series but it can be read as a stand alone. However, once you finish this book, you'll want to go back and get Bishop's story and you'll be left dying for the rest of the team's stories. I'm hooked, that's for sure.

Erik is the first book I have read by this author and I'm not sorry that I gave this author a try! Sport romances, especially the ones involving hockey, have become a favorite of mine.
From the start it's clear that Erik has never been serious about relationships. "Puckbunnies" as they're called have frequently visited his bed. Except for some reason, running in to Blue has gotting him thinking about things he never thought he would. He's a devoted player and the team is like family to him.
Blue is a flight attendant who has had some fun, but has decided relationships or hookups aren't something she has time for. Her brother, who has special needs, needs to be the number one priority in her life. She has some regrets and doesn't think she's very deserving of an man's attention.
I loved the flirting and teasing in this book. It's clear from the start that Erik and Blue have a connection. Only they did five years ago as well, what went wrong? Blue puts up a fight which ends in certain body parts being waxed, haha. Let's just say there is never a dull moment in this book!
Even though there is an instant connection between Erik and Blue, I loved that there is a build up to them being together (even if this happens pretty fast). You wouldn't tell that Erik is a player with how he treats her. All the things he does for her and her brother are really heartwarming. I had a smile on my face for quite a bit of this book and he's made his way on my bookboyfriend list.
Not only do we get romance, but also a glimpse into the hockey world. I love that the other players are included in this book. I didn't read Bishop before reading Erik and it didn't bother me. It only made me want to pick up his book even more.
I think Sawyer Bennett will become another auto-read author. I love the writing style, humor, romance and just the warm feelings her story brings!
For some reason I skipped reading Bishop (book 1 in this series) and I'm kinda regretting it now :)  I know from her Cold Fury Hockey series that Bennett delivers sizzling page turners and Erik proved no different.

Blue doesn't like Erik and she's not afraid to show it.  He's not sure why, but he's going to find out.  She sure isn't going to make it easy, though, and from the very first I knew it would be entertaining.  Things have pretty much gone his way up to this point and Erik's not had to fight for much.  But the more that he gets to know Blue, the more effort he's willing to put in.  Charming, sharp, and sexy, he plans to pull out all the stops to show Blue why he's worth giving a chance.

If you are looking for a spicy read that has heart, Bennett is definitely a go-to author.  She knows how to make things hot but she also gives you delightful characters and relationships that you can really get involved in.

(While Erik is part of a series, it can easily stand on its own.)
I received a copy via Netgalley and voluntarily left a review and all my opinions are my own.

If there is one thing that I always highly anticipate is getting to know another one of Sawyer Bennett's hockey hotties. So when Sawyer teased her readers with little snippets of Erik and Blue's heated exchanges in her last book “Bishop” in her Arizona Vengeance series, I was ready and willing to see more of the emotional upheaval and undeniable attraction that takes place between these two.

Erik Dahlbeck piqued my interest before Sawyer even got around to his story. I couldn't wait to dive beneath his cocky, suave surface and get to know this hero in and out. It wasn't long into his story and Sawyer shows us how much a person can really change and grow into the hero that a reader is now madly in love with. The more I got to know him, I just knew that he was the right man for Blue in every way possible. He melted me to my very core and I couldn't get enough of him!

Blue Gardner left me curious with her snarky attitude towards Erik in “Bishop” and I couldn't wait to find out what had her acting so cold towards him when we all knew that all she should want to do is get closer to this gorgeous hero. The more I got to know about Blue the more I realized the guilt and shame she still carried from her past. I just wanted to hold her in my arms and tell her everything would be okay and take some of her problems off of her shoulders. Luckily she has Erik to do just that after he proves to her that he is not the person she thinks he is.

Sawyer Bennett delivers a love story that keeps us hot and bothered from the beginning and ready to see this hero and heroine put their animosity aside and get down to matters of the heart. I highly recommend Erik for a romance that shows us that the past doesn't have to be a part of the future, it can just help us learn from our mistakes and come out the victor. I never fail to find something in Sawyer Bennett's stories that resonates with me and pulls at my heart strings while simultaneously giving me the passion that I crave for my fictional couples.