Cover Image: Rogue Dragon Rising

Rogue Dragon Rising

Why did it take me so long to read this book, I don't know why..Rogue Dragon King was excellent. Nice pacing to the story, with well-developed characters.

A new author that I must add to my list.
A young woman with no memory finds herself forced in auction of shifters. The only thing she remembers is her first name. For some reason, her fiery red hair has everyone giving her a wide berth. When Dragon lord Jaxon Blackthorn sees the petite redhead, he’s drawn to her in a way he’s never been drawn to any female before. He can’t help coming to her rescue every time problems arise even as he’s sworn to never mate.
This was a really great story.  This is the first to Amari's journey to discover who she is. I loved her story. I highly recommend.
It Grabbed My attention and focus so strong I could not put it down. A word of advice when you get your copy. Grab a snack, a comfy seat, kick back and relax. You won't be moving until you finish this bad boy here. Remarkable job. Thanks for sharing. "I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book."
What an awesome book! It will grab you from the beginning and will hold onto you until the exciting finish! A must read!
Amari Hawke is the daughter of a dragon shifter and a human Eldian. Because of her mixed race, her parents have never told her of the possibility of her shifter within. It never mattered until she ventured outside the Veil, got captured by slave traders and lost her memory due to a bump on the head. She’s sold in servitude but not before meeting the handsome dragon Lord Jaxson. She’s drawn to him yet doesn’t know why.

Jaxson never goes to auctions yet here he is at the very same auction where Amari is being sold. Once he lays eyes on her, she intrigues him. She claims to be a sheep but her feisty attitude riles up his dragon. He wars with himself over his inability to keep her safe but when there’s a rogue attack and her life is in jeopardy, Jaxson acts. Can he heal her as only his dragon can or will he be too late?

From the first page, I knew this was going to be a breathtaking fantasy romance. I fell in love with both Amari and Jaxson, their attraction immediate and made my heart flutter. As the story unfolds, the world Shaw creates comes to life. Nuances of dragon near-extinction, societal hierarchy and the will to survive no matter the risks add immense depth to this story. It’s more than just a shifter romance; it’s about life and what you make of it. Bravo to Shaw for her world-building tactics. The alternating POV with Amari’s parents and their painful search for their missing daughter was pure emotional anguish to read. But in a good way, I promise.

If you’re looking for a fantasy romance with plenty of action and intrigue, pick this up today. Be aware: there is a huge cliffhanger but parts two and three are available to keep reading. I myself can’t wait to read the rest of the serial.

My Rating: 5 stars
Such a unique and exciting story to read. Rogue Dragon Rising is an excellent Dragon romance. Good solid plot. THank you
Warning, though I try my best to avoid this, all reviews can contain spoilers of some kind. If you would like to know just my overall opinion of the book, and otherwise go into reading it blind, please scroll down to my overall and would I recommend it section.

I Voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.

That bright light is dazzling, and dang the man coming out of it is hot, but stay on your toes, his other sides heat might just burn you. This was my first experience with this author, and I have to say I was really surprised by the way this story turned out.

Our story starts with our heroine Amari running for her life from a group of men looking for any shifter they can get their hands on to sell for auction. Amari is the daughter of a strong dragon and his magical mate, and she would be fiercely protected by not only her family, but any male dragon who she sought out for help, but during the chase she is badly hurt and doesn’t remember who she is. To top it off her first transition is coming. In a fear driven act to stay alive while she tries to figure out who she is, Amari follows the lead of others at the auction and clams she is a sheep shifter.

I love this heroine. Amari has not only a strong will to survive but also an amazing strong nature. Lets just say that this girl doesn’t need dragon fire to burn anyone who attempts to hurt her. The way she smart mouths the three dragons who come up to her at the auction is simply brilliant. This is, of course, what also earns her the attention of not only all the male dragon shifters there, but their lord Jaxon.

Jaxon, our hero, is one heck of a strong man with an even strong dragon. From what I can tell, the shifters in this story are more two beings in one body then they are animal mixed with human. Jaxon’s dragon is a very dominant alpha male that is constantly close to the surface. This causes the other shifters around him to often want to run as far from him as they can. When he accompanies his two brothers to the auction to make sure they don’t buy help that will drive him insane, he doesn’t expect to find a little sheep that sticks in his mind, and one he suspects isn’t what she seems.

Wow, honestly just wow. I love this hero. He’s alpha side is both a strong take no hell from anyone kind while not being overbearing. His care for the people around him is genuine and his desire to find a true mate is just swoon worthy. I really got drawn into the way he reacts to the situations he finds himself in.

Now I want to make it clear that this has not been a dark romance at all for me so far. The auction is not what it sounds like, most of the people being auctioned off are their because they actually want to be there. The deal is they work for the people who auction them for a set number of years and that person gives them protection and the chance to see and experience new things. It is also another option for people who have committed certain crimes. From what I can tell, groups like the one Amari is brought in with are not supposed to happen and isn’t common.

The magical aspect of this is also very interesting. While I haven’t figured out exactly what’s going on with the magic in this book, it was written well enough that it didn’t matter and drew me in. Amari doesn’t seem to know how to use magic, but Jaxon is amazing at it. I really loved how his softer side showed through as he uses it to help her.

This story really did pull me in, however there were a few little bumps. The hot scenes were not present and I think this ties into the other problem I had with this story which was its length. This was a very short story and is the first in a three part series. I normally don’t mind romance books that has more than one book to finish a couple’s story, but because of the length, major cliffhanger ending, absence of any real romance besides romantic tension, and the fact that all three books are coming out one after the other in three months time, this just felt like it was more done for the purpose of sales.

This was a little annoying, but for me it didn’t distort the story, and I am going to be reading the next two when they come out, but I felt it was necessary to mention this since one book got broken up into three.

Overall:
	This was a very engaging story with a lot of suspense and clear romantic tension. However I feel that the size of the books and their launch dates shows this three part series is actually just one book broken up into three very small ones which causes that romantic aspect to be put off.

Would I Recommend It:
So long as you don’t mind the one novel being broken up into three yes I would.
My Thoughts - 5 out of 5 Unicorns - I loved it!!!
***I choose what I read and review based on what intrigues me!!  Yes, I got a review copy of this book, but no one tells me what to think, feel, or write about any book!  I bought this book, and I can’t wait to read more of this author’s work!

The cover is great, and it is what drew my attention to this book because I have never read this author before.

This is the first book in a serial trilogy, and this means that there are 3 parts that go together to tell one story, and they end in cliffhangers until the 3rd book.  Some people may not like serials, and if you are one of them wait and read all 3 books together once they publish.  This is for adults only and does have sensitive topics including abduction and selling people.

This is a unique shifter world where not all shifters can handle the transformation and those who don’t go rogue and hurt people.  In this world, shifters are divided into carnivores and herbivores where carnivores tend to protect those under their care.  Amari lives in the Veil, but she ventured outside.  Now she is hurt, and she has amnesia.  All sorts of chaos and adventure happens to her along the way, and she has secrets even she doesn’t know about.  This was a quick read that I loved, but I hated when it ended.  I can’t wait to read the next part!

I highly recommend to any shifter fan who want a new and unique world where you won’t know what will happen next!
4.5 Stars Rogue Dragon Rising is the first part of a three book serial to form Book 1 in the Outside the Veil series. Not normally a reader of serials this sounded promising, so I thought I would give it a go and I am so glad I did. This is a fabulous story with amazing characters that quickly have you immersed. Be aware it does have a cliff-hanger but in saying that it is part 1 and you are truly missing out if you don’t give it a go.
This is a voluntary review of an advanced copy.

This is part one,and while there is no big cliffhanger, the story is not complete. Now that I am hooked, I am eagerly waiting the next part!

Amari was captured and auctioned and runs into lots of trouble. Her family is searching for her but have to found her when this part ends.

Jaxson is intrigued by her and uses his powers to save her life.

Hopefully, not too long and I can get part 2!!
Thoroughly enjoyed this book.  Well written with very strong, likable characters.  Though the heroine had lost her memory, her fiery personality shone through.  And I loved the hero, who’s strong, stubborn personality is brought to heel by a woman.  I did not like the ending though.  I am not new to cliff hangers and multi-book series, but the ending could have been handled better.  I hope to see this in future books.
This was a fantastic beginning to the story. Rogue Dragon Rising is a three part book. The first part deals with creating the stage. We meet the characters and a bit of world building. At the beginning it was a bit confusing, but towards the end I felt pretty immersed in the world.

Amari is a young woman who has been captured, lost her memory, and sold into servitude. This is a world of predators and herbivores, both are shifters or two souls. Predators come in many varieties, we meet dragons, panthers and other types. Of course, there is an alpha male, and he was okay, but he kind of grew on me. I liked his cadre better, but I had a hard time differentiating them.

I am looking forward to the next part, hopefully we get to see the Trinity moon event. :D
uhhh.... i get that this is an advance read, but i have no idea what happened at the end. it just stopped - pretty much in the middle of a sentence. it was very fast paced and i was finally getting into, but then it just cut off. wtf?! where is the rest of it? when is the next one out? either way it was somewhat enjoyable and i liked the different take on the dragon shifters.
Rogue Dragon Rising is the first part of a three book serial……which I detest! That said, this is an amazing story and even though there is a cliff-hanger at the end, it’s totally worth the read.

The author has penned an exhilarating story with exceptional world building, great character development and plenty of action and intrigue too. This original plot leads to a refreshing start in a wonderful and captivating saga.

T.J. Shaw definitely has a new fan and I can’t wait to read the next instalment.
Heads up this is part 1 and as much ad i dislike being left dangling on that cliff....this is worth it. Amari has been captured and has lost her memory. Now shes lost outside the veil and her time is short.

Jaxon is a dragon shifter and hates going to the auction but hes there anyway. Meeting Amari he knows there is something to the little sheep shifter that is not adding up. However he cant get her off his or his beasts mind. Why would a dragon want a sheep to claim as his own?

This is such a good beginning. Your dragged in by action right off the bat. There is shifting POVs so you are getting backstory, current story, and multiple angles. Im in serious like and cant wait for the next part.
Wow! This was nothing like I was expecting! I was expecting it to be good, great even, but what I got was beyond my ability to put into words.

After an injury leaves Amari without memory of anything but her name, she finds herself in one situation after another, each one worse than the one before. Taking cues from those around her, she manages to struggle through but she is in physical pain and emotionally lost. When her very life is threatened, she is rescued by the dark alpha dragon shifter Jaxon.

Jaxon as well as his dragon are attracted to the little red haired shifter from the moment he first meets her and she speaks. She claims to be a sheep but she certainly doesn’t act like one. His dragon is adamant that they claim her but he keeps the beast in check, barely, because in their world predator and prey cannot work. However, when he finds her in a very bad way, he takes drastic measures to save her. Going so far as to open himself up completely to her.

Jaxon is all alpha, possessive and protective even if he’s unsure why he’s feeling that way. He can’t stop thinking of Amari and is furious when his initial intention to claim her is thwarted. While we do get Amari’s background through the points of view of her family, she is completely unaware and yet her instinctive independence and strength shine through even as she questions where it comes from. This story was all the more interesting due to watching little tidbits of her personality slowly reveal themselves to her as the plot unfolds.

This is set in a time and place where modern conveniences are non-existent. That in itself gave this a fresh feel that I absolutely loved. The writing is crisp and precise painting a clear picture of the characters, the beasts and the world they live in. I was completely engrossed with this story and once I started reading I couldn’t stop.

This is a pretty short book and is the first of a trilogy, ending in a cliffhanger. I’m sure I was tricked into reading this one by a friend who knows I don’t do trilogies or cliffhangers and yet I am so happy she did so. But now to hurry up and wait for book 2. Sigh.

I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book provided by NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
It's too short a story in my opinion. However based on whatever i read, TJ has an interesting way of writing and it does captivate me to continue reading. It will be good if its a full length novel.