Chakra Animals

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Dec 2018

Chakra Animals by Angelica Stuart provides an opportunity to weave the fundamentals of Chakra work and the wisdom of the animals into a new journey of exploration. Each of these subjects stands on its own with volumes of text and information, so the ability to use as resource an easily readable book that leaves room for an open interpretation based on your prior knowledge is a wonderful addition.

The book begins with a brief overview of each of the seven traditional Chakras. The standard associations are given for each including, color-element and sense. The descriptions are condensed, but given a subject of this weight and expanse, enough is given to stimulate the organic brainstorming of your own connections and interpretations.

Practical Uses for coordinating Chakra application and working with the animals follows. As the author states…. “there are endless parallels that I could make, but my hope is that you find many on your own.” This is a gentle reminder that the work that is done should always be guided by your own intuitive nature, in particular when seeking the assistance of other beings and energies.

And, the remainder of the book focuses on the energies and attributes of fifty (50) Animals that are commonly considered as animal guides and totems. Each animal is described for its overall traditional use, key attributes and how that animals energies may be used to enhance each of the seven chakras. This break-down provides the integrative piece of aligning your chakra work of development with the animal totems/guides that present to you.

The final offering is an index-styled listing of intentions, or Connections that identify the specific animals associated and are supportive of that specific work. Intentions include: Abundance, Community, Communication, Intelligence and more.

A lovely addition at the back of the book making use of the author’s credentials as a graduate of the prestigious MICA school of , are several pages of graphic illustrations of the animals discussed that are scored into a grid such that they can be cut out and pasted onto an index card for reference and individual work. A deck of specially illustrated cards – Chakra Animals Oracle Cards – may also be ordered via the author’s Etsy site.

Reviewed by Robin Fennelly
on PaganPagesOrg at http://paganpages.org/content/2019/01/book-review-chakra-animals-discover-your-connection-to-wisdom-of-the-natural-world-by-angelica-stuart/
This is a fascinating read that will help you better connect with your pets. I found it very well researched and full of important information about spirit animals. totems and spiritually.  I highly recommend this book and found it extremely interesting and informative to read.  This book leaves you with a higher understanding of animals and the spirit world.
Thank you for the ARC that does not influence my personal opinion.
Very interesting, but light read. I enjoyed learning more about each animal, and it has deepened my spiritual practice a bit. Would love to see an even more expansive book on this.
I'm intrigued by Stuart's combination of chakra's and what are essentially totem animals, particularly as it lends to more flexibility and variety of meanings which, in turn, can lead to more robust meditation and thought. However this flexibility at times seemed chaotic, with a single animal being associated with a huge variety of traits depending on the associated chakra, many of which seemed to be in conflict with one another. This could lead to users simply selecting animals they like and then associating the animal with the chakra description they find most flattering (which would, one assumes, really reduce the amount of self reflection taking place). The book might also have benefited from a more robust organizational model -- perhaps a cross reference by trait?
Spirit animals, or totem animals, has been something that has interested me for awhile so this book caught my eye. Chakra Animals offered a good introduction for me and there is a good range of animals described here. The author comes across as very well-informed in her area of study. A great resource for those in her field.

Thank you to Llewellyn Worldwide, Ltd. and NetGalley for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for my honest review.
Nach einer kleinen Einführung in die Kundalini Chakren, folgen die Interpretationen der einzelnen sieben Chakren für die diversen Tiere - ein unerschöpflicher Quell an spirituellen Informationen. inkl. Einteilung in verschiedene Gruppen durch diverse Eigenschaften - macht großen Spaß, sich selbst und auch andere Menschen in dieser Form auf den Grund zu kommen.

#ChakraAnimals #NetGalleyDE
Again an amazing book with unique information. I just love such books.
The chakra animal concept was awesomely. Surely worth a read at,east once.

Note: I received a free e-copy of the book via Net Galley in exchange for an honest review. Special thanks to the author and publisher for giving me a chance to read it.
This was an absolutely fascinating read on the connection of animal guides and the chakras. I've never read anything quite like it before and really am excited to integrate what I've learned. It's a handy reference to have around. I think my library patrons are going to really enjoy it.
I love this book, and all the information in it.
As a reiki healer I often have the need to look up the spiritual animal connections and this connection  to the chakras is brilliant.

The chakra information is very good and really informative and the animal profiles are brilliant, covering a good selection of animals.

This really is a book that needs to be kept to hand.

I've been studying on animals as spiritual guides and what they represent when they appear.  This was a nice addition to that knowledge. I really liked seeing how they tied to each chakra and how they could be interpreted and incorporated in my life in another way.
I was lucky enough to receive a free copy by of this book via netgalley! A very interesting read! Thank you!
3.5-4 Stars - I picked up an animal totem deck in Anchorage, AK once and have been fascinated by the idea ever since. I love the idea behind this book, and it's gorgeous cover. I like how thorough the book is, from the introduction, the chakra explanations, the "how to use", and the animal pages. There is even a section in which it is explained which animals excel in particular areas (strength, family, etc. etc.). The whole thing is very useful, not to mention packed full of interesting facts about the animals. The life-long-learner in me was very pleased! I like that there are small animal cards that you can cut out to shuffle and draw from in the back. My only disappointment would be that based on the cover I was expecting a vibrant book. I was hoping for dreamy water color pages and the information tucked next to gorgeous illustrations. However, the inside of the book has (decent) clip art style black and white images -- which aren't nearly as inspiring as I'd hoped. You can order chakra animal decks from the author, however, it's unclear if those match the cover either! As a visual person, I'd hoped for a bit more of a pretty art theme within the pages as well. I think it would be a breathtaking book, should it be illustrated later. Either way, the information inside is very thorough, inspiring, and knowledge-filled. You can tell that the author came at this with a wealth of knowledge and didn't hold back within these pages. It is packed with information. I definitely will enjoy going back over this one to ponder from time to time.
Chakra Animals provides a unique take on the spirit animal or totem animal theme by combining the animal medicine and lore with the chakra energy centers.  I also appreciated that Ms. Stuart goes into the spirit animal information in far greater detail than most spirit animal books.  Most books give you a quick and very vague "dusting" of specific animals and the meanings of their messages.  Chakra Animals helps you learn about the animal itself and how that animal may be involved in your life, in guiding you, why you're dreaming of it and how different cultures view and experience these animals and how this all entertwines with our body, lives and spirits and she does this without it being over our head and without being overly mystical or self-important.   I really enjoyed this book and I know that I'll refer to it often, most likely more often than any other book I have on this subject.
This helpful book is a brilliant compilation of two loves of my life: animals and my body’s chakras!   I particularly loved how the author related each animal’s characteristics to the Seven different areas of my body.   There is a wealth of information hear that I will be observing for a long time to come.
Chakra Animals by Angelica Stuart shares the chakra wisdom of fifty familiar North American animals to support you in making changes in your life and guide you in areas where you're struggling. For each animal, you will discover chakra interpretations for each of the seven chakras. Also included are tips and techniques for working with chakra wisdom and stories of personal transformation to help you integrate the profound guidance the animal realm holds for you.

I very much enjoyed this book and learned a lot not only about myself but the many different animals and their chakras. I have three cats so getting to read about how they feel and think was really interesting. My favorite part was reading that cats have lucid dreams! The cover art work is beautiful and draws you in, along with the description.

Thank you #NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC of #ChakraAnimals
Pub Date: 08 Jan 2019
This short book is a beautiful way to become familiar with the Chakras. It's a lovely reminder of the importance of animals in our lives. The writing is clear and concise, the descriptions of animals and how they relate to each chakra is eye opening and can really offer some peace during difficult times. I look forward to using this material in the future to do readings and to be curious when certain animals show up in my life.