Cover Image: Manga Classics: Macbeth

Manga Classics: Macbeth

Another great manga classic. Wasn't sure how the Shakespeare would translate but I think it worked really well. A great graphic novel series.

I love the graphic and everything but it’s quite hard to understand the story and it’s not the mangaka’s fault
It’s just me and classic I suppose 😭

This is my first contact with Shakespeare and I had a bit of a hard time with it. This is my third manga classic and my least favorite, only because I couldn't get into the shakesperean writing style. The artwork is still gorgeous and it helps a lot to see what's going on.
Just not a big fan of Shakespeare literature.

It's been a long time since I've read a manga or a Shakespeare play so the combination of the two was amazing! Macbeth has always been a favorite out of Shakespeare's works so being able to essentially get a crash course through the story was a lot of fun. The artwork is beautiful and just really brings the story to life. Highly recommend!

As usual, Udon Entertainment brings classics to life in the beautifully drawn manga. This genre allows readers to really see what is going on. This helps a lot when many older classics are overrun with wordiness that makes it easier to get lost. Macbeth is teh same: the art beautiful portrays wahat's going whic is very helpful for a play since it is a visual medium. The only issue is that it is still in the old language which is always what confuses me. But thanks to the gorgeous illustrations I was able to follo3w along and truly understand what was going on with characters. I loved their version of Lady Macbeth in particular.

One more incredible manga rendition of a great classic, a Shakesperean tragedy of epic proportion that still addresses raw human emotions like greed, ambition, regret, loyalty. Macbeth's rise to power and following downfall are depicted in powerful strokes and the text is true to the original play. It is not one of the easiest or most entertaining works of Shakespeare, but it is a classic you should not miss even in its manga form.

It was a little bit strange to read a manga written in Shakespeare's English, but still, if you want to read a good story or if you want your kid to read Macbeth without complaining, this seems to me a good compromise..

Era un po' strano leggere un manga nell'inglese di Shakespeare, ma tutto sommato se volete rileggere una bella storia o se vostro figlio deve leggere Macbeth, ma non ne ha voglia, questo mi sembra un giusto compromesso.

THANKS NETGALLEY FOR THE PREVIEW!

Another brilliant re-edition of a great work of literature, Macbeth manga stays true to the original play. Accompanied by beautiful and inventive illustrations, it is difficult not to love this edition. Strongly recommended to fans of mangas, but also to fans of Shakespeare.

I've never read Macbeth but I really enjoyed this adaptation and the artwork was nice enough. However, I didn't like the way this ARC was made. I've read a lot of digital manga and this is the first time I've actually had to go to the end of the file to find the first page.

Yet another worthwhile rendition of a classic work from this publisher. Reluctant readers I have worked with love these books.

It's no secret that I really like the Manga Classics series. Chan and artist Julien Choy did a great job with Romeo & Juliet and The Jungle Book, and now they've done great work again in this rendition of Macbeth.

I was a little skeptical going into it because, as with most Shakespeare but maybe more so with Macbeth, the real drama to me is not so much in what the characters are saying but how they're saying it. But I wasn't disappointed at all. The art adds a dimension to the story that isn't so simple to pull off in a theater or even in a movie. And I especially like how Choy drew Macbeth and his insanity - very well done.