Let's Talk About Sext

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 25 Mar 2019

Phoebe is an executive and after being harassed she decides to leave her office building during the middle of the workday. She walks into a bar which she really hadn’t notice before and really notices the bartender, who looks like a lumberjack. After Brody serves her and they begin to talk he makes her lunch which is not on the menu at all and so begins a heated romance between them. Everything goes well between them until her company party when they both make mistakes and for her, she goes off on him for one donating property to the city for a park instead of selling it, and then following that up with he is just settling with his bar and she cannot be with him. Weeks later when she finds out her best friend's husband helped with the park and is now volunteering she decides to also volunteer. She finds out that Brody is not only volunteering but also changed things at his bar and added a kitchen. Wanting to apologize to him, but is that really what she wants? No, she now works on getting him back. A very good book.
This story was definitely not for me. While I'm all for a strong heroine, Phoebe took that too a whole new level. A strong woman does not have to treat others like crap. I understand that she had things said to her, but that doesn't mean that everyone is a creep. I read romance for just that, the romance. Phoebe completely turned me off from her from the start, so I can honestly say I never rooted for her and Brody to be together. She never seemed to grow as a character, and was still her horrible self at the end. Although I didn't like this story, I would be willing to read this author again.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book.
Let's Talk About Sext caught my attention because of the very sexy man on the cover. I thought this was going to be a sexy slow burn/sexual tension type novel, but nope.

Phebe is sexually harassed for the last time and it's the last straw. She is going to take matters into her own hands and her company is going to be sorry they choose to keep that pervert instead of her. She chooses to drown her sorrows in a lot of alcohol. This is where she meets bar owner, Brody. Brody is rugged and the exact opposite of Phebe. But does that mean she won't give this sexy man her number? Nope, she'll just make him have to work for it.

Once he gets her number correct, there is practically instant sexting. Like who does this in real life? AND there are so many emojis I can't handle it. I do not know anyone who actually texts like this, let alone two adults who text like this!

The main characters were only okay in my opinion, nothing really grabbed my attention about either of them. Their connection felt forced with the texting and way too easy in "real life". Just did not seem very realistic to me. The story was slow and uneventful. If you ask me, Brody was a much better main character than Phebe - She just completely rubbed me the wrong way.

Rating: 2/5 stars
I tried to get into this book, but I simply couldn't. When I am reading a book, I am not looking for perfection among the characters, but there has to be some connection between me and a character. Maybe that is what happened here.
They say opposites attract and this couldn't be more truer for the characters in this story. This book had me laughing out loud and I thoroughly enjoyed it. Great read.
Let's talk about Sext is an opposites attract love story. It was a light, sexy read. Evie Claire turned the tables and had the heroine be the alpha, which was a little strange at first. I warmed up to the character as the story progressed and she showed growth and change.  I liked the hero immediately. Their journey to happily ever after was entertaining. I would read more from Ms Claire.
I received my copy through NetGalley under no obligation.
It as cute. A little more angst than was necessary, but still sweet.  The one thing I did really respond to was their issue with his inheritance.  I totally agreed with her.  He acted too quickly and didn't think things through.  Yes, he still could have given it away, but without talking to her or figuring out what he could do to use it for the purposes of collateral for his business before giving it away, made not sense to me.
The title of this one caught my attention.  The book kept it.  This was a very well written book that kept my attention till the end.  Can't wait to read more from this author.
I could not finish this book. After about 10 chapters I just couldn’t continue. I felt no connection to the characters nor could I believe the connection between the characters. The sex scene even felt contrived for me.
This was my first Evie Claire novel and I thoroughly enjoyed the story. The writing flowed easily, the story was cute and fresh. The characters were believable. I was a little put off by Phoebe in places, but overall she was a likeable character. The secondary characters helped to bring more reality to the story.
Phoebe and Brody were definitely opposites that were attracted to one another. A fun and quick story about the evolution of their relationship and finding love.
I'm struggling a bit with rating this one. I quite liked it but there were a few things that I found distracting. But, overall I really liked this one. The characters were great, I loved the storyline and the exploration of the opposites attract trope. I liked how the characters complemented one another. There were just some small things in the storyline that just didn't work for me - mostly related to work and money stuff. I found that it took me awhile to warm up to the heroine but she eventually won me over. The hero may be the best thing about this book - he's everything. Just everything! Really enjoyed this one even if it wasn't perfect!
3.5 Stars
This is my first time reading a book by this author and I enjoyed it. The cover is one reason I was drawn to this book. The blurb had me intrigued but it fell a little flat for me in some areas.

Phebe is a high-powered exec and Brody owns a sports bar. They have chemistry inside the bedroom. The chemistry doesn’t translate outside of the bedroom for a while.

Once I got into this book I enjoyed it and  will be reading more books by this author.
Let’s Talk About Sext is a clever witty romance. I really enjoyed this storyline and would recommend it. I am voluntarily leaving my honest review after reading this arc.
This book was a great romantic comedy!  A fantastic beach read!the characters were relatable!  I would highly recommend it!
She is a high powered exec, he owns a sports bar. He’s attracted right away, she takes a few minutes. Their romance is fiery even though they have almost nothing in common outside of the bedroom, shower, pool table, etc. Good romance. Thank you #netgalley 😊
An adorable well written Romance. It’s got great, flawed, yet-lovable main characters, sexual tension and hot sex scenes that don’t attack you first thing. What more could you ask from a Romance? You’d be surprised how many horrible ones are out there and you never know what you’re going to end up with. Which made this a breath of fresh air. I will definitely add Evie Claire to my Romance authors ‘Yes’ list.
Interesting story line, intriguing characters, and well crafted words makes Let's Talk About Sext an enjoyable literary escape. This first time read maintained my interest the whole way through, at times though I struggled with the plausibility of it all, but none the less I did enjoy what I found between it's pages. You'll find loads of heat and emotion with this one, highly recommend!!
A fun, quick, flirty read! Great banter between Phoebe and Brody--their chemistry was palpable! I loved the whole "opposites attract" story line and how Brody's laid back nature balanced Phoebe's high strung ways. While I didn't always like Phoebe, I did enjoy their romance!
The great character and storyline development made this story one engaging read! I look forward to reading more from this author!