Suddenly Mine

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Feb 2019

An interesting story about two people who are trying to find themselves. Christian still has not gotten over everything that happened in London and the reason he is now in San Diego. Though still working for the family business he still feels lost. Every morning though he watches the surfers and a few weeks ago a young woman showed up. Not very good she is there every morning giving it a chance. Sophie Bennington has left Kansas after she found out that what she thought about her life, childhood and what happened to her parents when she was small. Has now been turned upside down when she received a letter from the man she thought was dead, her father. In California, she has taken up surfing because of the other activities she has tried she has failed. She is hoping to succeed and to get a call back on any of her job applications. Weeks go by and she ends up meeting Christian by chance on the beach, then a few days later she is looking to be hired temporary at his company when he has a panic attack. She is face to face with the man once again. This would put them in contact for months and later they would start dating. He would blow up everything when she came to the office one night wanting him to leave for it was 9:00 at night and he said some things that he could not take back. Because once he went looking for her she was gone. Now he had to look for her if he really wanted her back and the only person left to talk to was her grandmother. See how this all turns out. this was a very powerful story with wonderful characters.
You can’t go wrong with a Samantha Chase novel, and it’s even better when it’s a new entry into one of her great series. SUDDENLY MINE, the eighth novel in the Montgomery Brothers series, hits the nail on the head in both categories.
Christian Montgomery is an unhappy executive in the San Diego office of his family business. A workaholic, he is always striving in vain to gain the approval of his even more workaholic father. His only pleasure in life is sitting on the porch of his beach house and watching a pretty, red-headed, wannabe surfer.
Sophie Bennington, the struggling surfer, is from a small town in Kansas. Raised by her grandmother, she moves to San Diego to get a new start after she finds out the truth behind some very distressing family secrets. She is hired by Christian to start a company wellness program, and the rest, as they say, is history!
Both Christian and Sophie are well-written, complex characters. They are very supportive of each other as they each deal with family issues that must be understood before they can totally move forward with their relationship. Things that happen to them are very emotional and sometimes heartbreaking. The situations, their reactions and the dialog between them are very honest. Having dealt with some of the same issues myself, I was brought to tears on more than one occasion.
I love the way this author writes this romance. It builds at a steady, realistic pace, and it is very hot at times even though there are no explicit love scenes. She knows how to get things rolling, but she also knows when to shut the door and leave the rest to the readers’ imaginations.

The secondary characters, while not often present in the physical sense, are always present in the minds of the two main characters. They definitely add depth to the story and cause our hero and heroine to act the way they do. The plot is also complex, and while some of it is predictable, there are enough twists and turns to hold the reader’s interest.
SUDDENLY MINE is a great standalone novel even though it is part of a series. If you haven’t read the other books in the Montgomery Brothers series however, I would strongly suggest that you go back and do so. As I said before, you can’t go wrong with a Samantha Chase novel.
I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book and the views expressed are my honest opinions.
I've been reading the Montgomery Brothers series, and this is just another great entry to the series! Couldn't put the book down. It's a must read!
This book kind of grabbed me right away. I thought it was very well executed. Looking forward to reading more.

Both Christian and Sophie are well-written, complex characters. They are very supportive of each other as they each deal with family issues that must be understood before they can totally move forward with their relationship. Things that happen to them are very emotional and sometimes heartbreaking. The situations, their reactions and the dialogue between them are very honest. Having dealt with some of the same issues myself, I was brought to tears on more than one occasion.

SUDDENLY MINE is a great standalone novel even though it is part of a series. If you haven’t read the other books in the Montgomery Brothers series, however, I would strongly suggest that you go back and do so. As I said before, you can’t go wrong with a Samantha Chase novel.

Reviewed by Evelyn
The 8th book in the Montgomery Brothers series follows Christian Montgomery. Christian lives in California and is a workaholic. He meets Sophie and must balance his work life with his new found love life. A good, fun read yet again from Samantha Chase.
I give this book 5 stars. The storyline between Christian and Sophie was well written and a great must read book. Can they find love when they discover they work together. I whole heartedly recommend this book. I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Readers Copy of this book.
I am so excited to have gotten the chance to read this 9th installment in Chase’s Montgomery Brothers series. This is one of my favorite author’s and one of my favorite contemporary series. My favorite thing about this book (and this entire is series!) is it’s easily read as a stand alone. Chase fills this book with amazing characters, page turning plot line, and witty charm.

Christian and Sophie are awesome. I loved both of their characters for different reasons and felt like they came to life during the story. I could see Christian’s sexy good looks and Sophie’s beauty as if they standing right in from of me. I loved watching Christian through this story. His character was chiseled perfectly for his role in the story and I found myself wanting to be Sophie going in for an interview, standing on the beach when she meets Christian, and being there for him when he needs her most. Sophie’s character was also wonderfully created. I loved watching her help Christian and fall in love with him. It was such a fun time seeing their story unfold!

If you want a story that will make you smile, make your heart soar and make you want more, then grab this 5 star novel now. Chase’s writing will hook you and take you on a roller coaster ride and leave  you wanting more. Her characters become friends, her plot line becomes a part of you, and you will feel like she wrote the story just for you. Great job on another amazing story, Samantha Chase! Can’t wait for the next book.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley, Sourcebooks and was under no obligation to post a review, positive or negative.*
Christian is a businessman with many demanding responsibilities. Sophie is a small town girl looking for a new start. The story takes you through a whirlwind of emotions as they work on themselves and their growing relationship.  And through all the ups and downs, they find that special connection that survives the hardship.

The author has a great way of making the character have feelings and make them really real and so believable.

This was a great read and I can not wait to read more by Samantha.  :)
Christian knows he's not happy and is tired of trying to please his father, but he didn't know how else to live. Sophie had her shock and is working to improve herself and her life. A great read and a great couple, if only Christian would realize how much he is harming himself. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Talk about time opposites! Sophie is taking her time searching, but Christian has no time to search. Somehow they find each other. But will time get in the way? Time will play havoc with you, too, as you speed through pages to get them together and slow down to enjoy the really poignant scenes. But best of all, SUDDENLY MINE will help you re-evaluate your own time and where the importance lies.
Christian Montgomery made a mistake years ago and no matter what he does, he just cannot seem to make things right. He works way too many hours and it has finally begin to take a toll on him. If he does take a break, it is short-lived. The most Christian can do is to try and enjoy his beachfront deck. Oh that he could be as carefree as the California surfers!

Sophie Bennington has her own problems. She was doing just fine living in a small town in Kansas, but after learning something devastating, she headed to the West Coast. She is no good at surfing, but loves it nonetheless. Meanwhile, although a nurse, she is determined to start a new career.

Then Christian and Sophie meet. The circumstances were far less than favorable, but now they both get to stop and redirect their lives. Although they cannot see at first how, it would be just wonderful if the two could have a happy future together.

Christian's problem is that his job comes first, even at the expense of his health. As it is this that has become a major issue, it is really what brings Sophie into his life - and keeps her there. Now, if the tides could just change.

Suddenly Mine was an engaging read. I felt very connected to the characters. It was nice to read of a big strong hero that had a real weakness. He had to come down a peg or two in order to put his life back on track. Sophie was a delight. Her knowledge was key in helping Christian be restored. All the while there had to be further conflict in the story in order to make it work and I think it was handled quite well. I look forward to continuing this series to see what other Montgomery's might have in store.

Many thanks to Sourcebooks Casablanca and to NetGalley for this ARC to review in exchange for my honest opinion.
Christian has had enough of his father's criticism, but doesn't know how to get out from under it so he works. Day and night running one of his father's companies.
Sophie moves to California to start over she is a nurse and wants to get a job that works for her.
When Sophie starts working for Christians company things are going to change in his life.

This book pulls you in and you can't put it down.

** I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review**
I always love visiting the Montgomery family and this book has everything that I love! It is emotional, sweet, swoon worthy and pulls you in from the start. Sophie and Christian are both broken people but together they can begin to heal. Their story is one that I will enjoy reading again! I highly recommend this book!
This was the first title I ever read by the author and I loved it,the story was cute ,the setting was nice and the characters were enjoyable
What a beautiful story. Christian finds Sophie just when he needs her most...when he's trying to figure out how to live his life and not his fathers. When a tragedy strikes, Christian doesn't know how to handle what is happening to him. Sophie is there for him...even when he thinks he doesn't want her to be. I loved this story from start to finish!
A Samantha Chase book is always a sure bet for me, I just love the way her characters come off the page and grab my attention. This book was no different. With Christian Montgomery and Sophie Bennington you feel the emotions from each as they are really both just trying to find themselves and while both have family behind them to support them they really feel alone. This story of them finding each other and then learning to really start over and to love.

The Montgomery series is one I really enjoy reading, I love the family dynamics and how you keep seeing characters from past books, and ones that most likely will have their own stories at some point. These kind of series are my favorites and the ones I just cannot wait for the next one to come out and read.
Samantha Chase is the queen of writing such cute romances. All of her novels fly by for me and this one was no different. This was such a super cute read! It was nice to see hear about previous couples. Christian’s mother was a great way to start off this novel, she was a hoot. I would highly recommend you pick this up and enjoy the except.
In “Suddenly Mine” (The Montgomery Brothers #8) by Samantha Chase we get the story of workaholic Christian Montgomery and small-town girl Sophie Bennington.  After a chance meeting on the beach turns into a dream job and their friendship blossoms – the only obstacle left is their pasts.

I received a copy of this book through Net Galley and this is my honest review.
I am a fan of Chase's work, but this book just didn't grab me like some of her other series. It was an okay book, but nothing special.

I had a BIG problem with Christian's father and uncles. The father for putting so much unfair pressure on his children, but also on the uncles for watching this behaviour over the years and never stepping in to stop some of this borderline cruel behaviour.

But, I loved how the matchmaking has shifted from the beginning of the Montgomerys series. I loved how both Christian and Sophie were damaged by their families in different ways, but were able to help the other heal. And I had tears streaming down my face when Sophie confronted her past, truly a gut-wrenching chapter. (Though I don't fully understand why it was only going to be a one-time thing. I'm a big believer in second chances, so this would have been an added layer to the story.)

I will continue to look forward to more of Chase's writing.