Suddenly Mine

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Feb 2019

I have read a lot of Samantha Chase’s books and this book, in my opinion, is one of her best. Of course we had our new favorite matchmaking duo of Monica and Eliza at the helm and of course they were in their element of finding Christian his forever love. I didn’t expect this story to go the way it did and I was drawn in and couldn’t get enough. It was emotional and so many feelings to deal with but at the end of the day, after they each were going through their own personal journey, Christian and Sophie got their well-deserved HEA. This book has me extremely intrigued as well for Carter’s book with what we learned about who the matchmaking duo has picked out for him. Another great book by Samantha Chase!
Received an ARC from NetGalley for an honest review.

I'm not going to lie, Christian was breaking my heart. Chase created a character that was so hell-bent on working hard enough to gain his father's approval that it started to effect his health. Enter Sophie, a Kansas girl on the west coast trying to figure out who she is. She's in the right place at the right time during Christian's health scare and the two strike up a friendship that you just know will blossom into more.

I liked that Chase kept the hot stuff (mostly) behind closed doors - it really helped me focus on the emotional relationship between these two. And while this is my first Montgomery brothers book, it's clear that this family is full and rich. Even without knowing about the other relationships, I could tell how close this family is and how much they were there for each other.

I'm excited to see Carter fall - it seems like it's gonna be a good one.
Reading Suddenly Mine has made me realize that I miss the entire Montgomery Clan! I was so happy to be able to return to their world with Christian and Sophie! They say opposites attract and that couldn't be more true for Christian and Sophie. Christian who is a workaholic and control freak who is always trying to get praise from his father Joseph. Sophie is a free spirit when she learned the truth about her life she put and left Kansas and ran for the California coast and took up surfing. They met in an adorable way with Christian attempting to save Sophie from drowning and then again when Christian had an anxiety attack while at work and Sophie being the nurse they just hired was able to help them. From there, they had a wind whirl romance. Always honest with each other about their feelings and past they could through their toughest times together. A plot twist I never saw coming put their relationship in jeopardy. When Christian gets the kick in the ass he needs it brought him to Kansas to confess his love to Sophie and help her face the person she never thought she would see again. Chase showed us that it's important to live your life for you, not what for what someone else expects from you. She also taught us to treasure our loved ones because in the blink of an eye they could be taken away from us and we could be left with regret.
Christian had finally had enough of burning his candle at both ends. For years he had been a workaholic refusing to delegate other responsibilities to his staff. A health scare and forced time off have him finally taking a breath of much needed fresh air. Stepping back he could do things he had feared for far too long. Being able to simply live his life was something he dreamed of since he left London. Sophie is just the person to remind him them are more things in life than working. Taking a moment for himself opens his eyes to the world he has been a stranger to for far too long.
Suddenly Mine started off like most of the other books in the Montgomery Brothers series with an uptight male character who finds a woman who can ease his anxiety and show him there's more to life than work.  It doesn't always take place between the sheets either even though there are some very steamy moments!  Christian and Sophie have an instant connection even before they officially meet.  The attraction is there and when they finally meet there are definite sparks.   It only increases as we get to know them better and we watch them try to find common interests.

It was nice to be back with the Montgomery family and this time it is Christian's story but  the other family members play significant roles.  There is heartbreak and desolation along with anger on Christian's part but with a good woman beside him, who is also a nurse, things can get better or so they seem.  Christian and Sophie have nice chemistry but she's stronger than she looks and doesn't want others to forget it.  Christian has to learn that he can't always get his way and that words do hurt.   The story takes place mainly in California but also in Kansas where Sophie is originally from.   Their pasts plays a significant role and when they communicate it's heartwarming but when they don't it's heartbreaking.

The family pulls together as always and it was nice to see the bonds between them.  There is a nice flow to the story with some unexpected twists and turns.  The characters had a depth to them and we get to know them better a little at a time.  There was some closure and the epilogue, which takes place six months later, was a nice touch.  I can't wait to read more in this series since there seems to be more stories to tell.

Ms. Chase is one of my favorite authors of contemporary romance reminiscent to me of Jill Shalvis, Erin Nicholas, Sherryl Woods and Susan Mallery among others where families are always front and center!
This was my first book from Samantha Chase and I'm not sure why I have waited so long to read her after my friends have recommended her for ages. My apologies Ms Chase I will endeavour to rectify this now.

I am really coming into this late series as this is book 8 in these hot Montgomery brother series.

Christian and Sophie have an intense connection from the beginning and with fate playing a part they keep running into each other. They are both slightly broken with fear of being hurt again in a relationship but they can't deny their attraction. They are complete opposites but compliment each other perfectly. After all opposites attract.
DNF @ 50 %.
I tried with this book, I really did. But after a couple of pages, I already knew that something was missing for me, that I wasn't invested in the story as I usually was. For me, it was just too bland, boring. The story focused more on family drama than the romance between main characters. I feel like even if I would read it till the end I would still give this book 3 stars.
First, thank you for the opportunity to read and review this title.  Access to review copies is always appreciated.
Unfortunately, I have chosen not to finish and review this title.  I was not able to connect with it, and instead of finishing a title I was not connecting with, I have chosen to move on to another title.
Again, I appreciate the opportunity and look forward to the next title.
An interesting story about two people who are trying to find themselves. Christian still has not gotten over everything that happened in London and the reason he is now in San Diego. Though still working for the family business he still feels lost. Every morning though he watches the surfers and a few weeks ago a young woman showed up. Not very good she is there every morning giving it a chance. Sophie Bennington has left Kansas after she found out that what she thought about her life, childhood and what happened to her parents when she was small. Has now been turned upside down when she received a letter from the man she thought was dead, her father. In California, she has taken up surfing because of the other activities she has tried she has failed. She is hoping to succeed and to get a call back on any of her job applications. Weeks go by and she ends up meeting Christian by chance on the beach, then a few days later she is looking to be hired temporary at his company when he has a panic attack. She is face to face with the man once again. This would put them in contact for months and later they would start dating. He would blow up everything when she came to the office one night wanting him to leave for it was 9:00 at night and he said some things that he could not take back. Because once he went looking for her she was gone. Now he had to look for her if he really wanted her back and the only person left to talk to was her grandmother. See how this all turns out. this was a very powerful story with wonderful characters.
You can’t go wrong with a Samantha Chase novel, and it’s even better when it’s a new entry into one of her great series. SUDDENLY MINE, the eighth novel in the Montgomery Brothers series, hits the nail on the head in both categories.
Christian Montgomery is an unhappy executive in the San Diego office of his family business. A workaholic, he is always striving in vain to gain the approval of his even more workaholic father. His only pleasure in life is sitting on the porch of his beach house and watching a pretty, red-headed, wannabe surfer.
Sophie Bennington, the struggling surfer, is from a small town in Kansas. Raised by her grandmother, she moves to San Diego to get a new start after she finds out the truth behind some very distressing family secrets. She is hired by Christian to start a company wellness program, and the rest, as they say, is history!
Both Christian and Sophie are well-written, complex characters. They are very supportive of each other as they each deal with family issues that must be understood before they can totally move forward with their relationship. Things that happen to them are very emotional and sometimes heartbreaking. The situations, their reactions and the dialog between them are very honest. Having dealt with some of the same issues myself, I was brought to tears on more than one occasion.
I love the way this author writes this romance. It builds at a steady, realistic pace, and it is very hot at times even though there are no explicit love scenes. She knows how to get things rolling, but she also knows when to shut the door and leave the rest to the readers’ imaginations.

The secondary characters, while not often present in the physical sense, are always present in the minds of the two main characters. They definitely add depth to the story and cause our hero and heroine to act the way they do. The plot is also complex, and while some of it is predictable, there are enough twists and turns to hold the reader’s interest.
SUDDENLY MINE is a great standalone novel even though it is part of a series. If you haven’t read the other books in the Montgomery Brothers series however, I would strongly suggest that you go back and do so. As I said before, you can’t go wrong with a Samantha Chase novel.
I voluntarily read an Advanced Reader Copy of this book and the views expressed are my honest opinions.
I've been reading the Montgomery Brothers series, and this is just another great entry to the series! Couldn't put the book down. It's a must read!
This book kind of grabbed me right away. I thought it was very well executed. Looking forward to reading more.

Both Christian and Sophie are well-written, complex characters. They are very supportive of each other as they each deal with family issues that must be understood before they can totally move forward with their relationship. Things that happen to them are very emotional and sometimes heartbreaking. The situations, their reactions and the dialogue between them are very honest. Having dealt with some of the same issues myself, I was brought to tears on more than one occasion.

SUDDENLY MINE is a great standalone novel even though it is part of a series. If you haven’t read the other books in the Montgomery Brothers series, however, I would strongly suggest that you go back and do so. As I said before, you can’t go wrong with a Samantha Chase novel.

Reviewed by Evelyn
The 8th book in the Montgomery Brothers series follows Christian Montgomery. Christian lives in California and is a workaholic. He meets Sophie and must balance his work life with his new found love life. A good, fun read yet again from Samantha Chase.
I give this book 5 stars. The storyline between Christian and Sophie was well written and a great must read book. Can they find love when they discover they work together. I whole heartedly recommend this book. I voluntarily reviewed this Advanced Readers Copy of this book.
I am so excited to have gotten the chance to read this 9th installment in Chase’s Montgomery Brothers series. This is one of my favorite author’s and one of my favorite contemporary series. My favorite thing about this book (and this entire is series!) is it’s easily read as a stand alone. Chase fills this book with amazing characters, page turning plot line, and witty charm.

Christian and Sophie are awesome. I loved both of their characters for different reasons and felt like they came to life during the story. I could see Christian’s sexy good looks and Sophie’s beauty as if they standing right in from of me. I loved watching Christian through this story. His character was chiseled perfectly for his role in the story and I found myself wanting to be Sophie going in for an interview, standing on the beach when she meets Christian, and being there for him when he needs her most. Sophie’s character was also wonderfully created. I loved watching her help Christian and fall in love with him. It was such a fun time seeing their story unfold!

If you want a story that will make you smile, make your heart soar and make you want more, then grab this 5 star novel now. Chase’s writing will hook you and take you on a roller coaster ride and leave  you wanting more. Her characters become friends, her plot line becomes a part of you, and you will feel like she wrote the story just for you. Great job on another amazing story, Samantha Chase! Can’t wait for the next book.

*I received a complimentary copy of this book from NetGalley, Sourcebooks and was under no obligation to post a review, positive or negative.*
Christian is a businessman with many demanding responsibilities. Sophie is a small town girl looking for a new start. The story takes you through a whirlwind of emotions as they work on themselves and their growing relationship.  And through all the ups and downs, they find that special connection that survives the hardship.

The author has a great way of making the character have feelings and make them really real and so believable.

This was a great read and I can not wait to read more by Samantha.  :)
Christian knows he's not happy and is tired of trying to please his father, but he didn't know how else to live. Sophie had her shock and is working to improve herself and her life. A great read and a great couple, if only Christian would realize how much he is harming himself. I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book.
Talk about time opposites! Sophie is taking her time searching, but Christian has no time to search. Somehow they find each other. But will time get in the way? Time will play havoc with you, too, as you speed through pages to get them together and slow down to enjoy the really poignant scenes. But best of all, SUDDENLY MINE will help you re-evaluate your own time and where the importance lies.
Christian Montgomery made a mistake years ago and no matter what he does, he just cannot seem to make things right. He works way too many hours and it has finally begin to take a toll on him. If he does take a break, it is short-lived. The most Christian can do is to try and enjoy his beachfront deck. Oh that he could be as carefree as the California surfers!

Sophie Bennington has her own problems. She was doing just fine living in a small town in Kansas, but after learning something devastating, she headed to the West Coast. She is no good at surfing, but loves it nonetheless. Meanwhile, although a nurse, she is determined to start a new career.

Then Christian and Sophie meet. The circumstances were far less than favorable, but now they both get to stop and redirect their lives. Although they cannot see at first how, it would be just wonderful if the two could have a happy future together.

Christian's problem is that his job comes first, even at the expense of his health. As it is this that has become a major issue, it is really what brings Sophie into his life - and keeps her there. Now, if the tides could just change.

Suddenly Mine was an engaging read. I felt very connected to the characters. It was nice to read of a big strong hero that had a real weakness. He had to come down a peg or two in order to put his life back on track. Sophie was a delight. Her knowledge was key in helping Christian be restored. All the while there had to be further conflict in the story in order to make it work and I think it was handled quite well. I look forward to continuing this series to see what other Montgomery's might have in store.

Many thanks to Sourcebooks Casablanca and to NetGalley for this ARC to review in exchange for my honest opinion.