Suddenly Mine

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Feb 2019

Suddenly Mine by Samantha Chase is a perfect sweet and swoony romance set in beach side of San Diego. My most favorite part of the story was Christian. This man is so real and so amazing! He is hard working, compassionate and everything a good man can be. My heart breaks for him when he struggled with his father's unrealistic expectation. He didn't deserve it and I am so glad he overcame all the negativity in his life finally. And Sophie has a lot to do with it.

Sophie is a beautiful soul. She has own issues but she is dealing with her insecurities and dark past but she is always positive. She is free and optimistic. She is a true companion and partner to Christian. They complete each other. The romance was sweet but not unreal. They had own share of bitterness and hardships. They argued and broke each other's heart. But they learnt from their mistakes and I was so happy when they found their HEA!

The writing was flawless and captivating. The big Montgomery family will fill your heart with happiness and warm feeling. I love reading these family oriented romance and Samantha Chase has written a great story!
Suddenly Mine by Samantha Chase is book # 9 in The Montgomery Brothers Series but it can be read as a standalone. This was a very quick and easy read. I loved this beautiful romance. It is a beautiful story between the two main characters. I was drawn in from the first page and didn’t stop reading until the book was done. The story was well written, the characters were well delveloped and realistic.
I didn't realize that this book was in a series, as I have never read anything from this author, so in parts I was a bit lost.

However, it is a solid story of family, regrets, betrayal - you know the usual 'family drama'.  The characters are believable and relate-able, and I absolutely loved the romance.  I need to now go back and read the other 8 books!

#netgalley #suddenlymine
3.75 stars--SUDDENLY MINE is the ninth instalment in Samantha Chase’s contemporary, adult THE MONTGOMERY BROTHERS romance series. This is businessman Christian Montgomery, and registered nurse Sophie Bennington’s story line. SUDDENLY MINE can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. Any important information from the previous instalments is revealed where necessary.

Told from dual third person perspectives (Sophie and Christian) SUDDENLY MINE follows the building romance and relationship between businessman Christian Montgomery, and registered nurse Sophie Bennington. Having watched for weeks as the beautiful woman tried to execute the perfect wave on the beach in San Diego,  Christian is shocked when his fantasy turns out to be the new healthcare hire for the family owned investment firm. But things don’t always go according to plan as a stressed out and overworked Christian is forced to take some time off, time off where he will get to know Sophie Bennington. What ensues is the building romance between Christian and Sophie, and the potential fall-out as more bad news, and the spiral of repercussions forces Sophie out of Christian’s life.

Christian Montgomery is a workaholic, whose lifestyle is threatening his personal health., fuelled by a father who expects perfection and more. Meeting Sophie Bennington forces Christian to think about a possible future, a future that is threatened by sins of the past.

The relationship between Christian and Sophie  is one of immediate attraction; a visceral attraction wherein Sophie believes there is a possibility of a happily ever after, one that may be destroyed by grief and guilt. The romance is passionate; the $ex scenes fade to black, and are mostly implied.

The colorful secondary and supporting characters including Christian’s parents Eliza and Joseph Montgomery; Christian’s brother Carter; their uncles Robert and William, Aunt Monica; several cousins, siblings and extended family, as well as Sophie’s grandmother Ida.

SUDDENLY MINE is a story of family, secrets, regrets and betrayal. The premise is engaging and heart breaking; the characters are real and charismatic; the romance is sweet and loving. SUDDENLY MINE is a cute story of romance, misgiving, grief and acceptance.

Copy supplied by Netgalley

THE READING CAFÉ: http://www.thereadingcafe.com/suddenly-mine-the-montgomery-brothers-9-by-samantha-chase-review-excerpt-giveaway-tour/

GOODREADS: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2682085730

AMAZON.COM: https://www.amazon.com/review/RGVCNASAI36PH/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8

BOOKBUB: https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/4050564153

B&N (Sandy_thereadingcafe) posted

CHAPTERS/INDIGO (Sandy_At_the_Reading_Cafe) posted

GOOGLE PLAY (Sandy S) posted

Ibooks (Sandy Sch) posted
SUDDENLY MINE is such an emotional journey for Christian and Sophie… and the reader as well.

Each is broken in many ways, strong in others. They’ll find that they are strongest together, eventually. There are differing family issues to be dealt with for them both – an overachieving father with his hand firmly on the pulse of his company for Christian and devastating lies that redefine her past for Sophie.

They come together slowly, in a believable fashion – and often their pasts get in the way of their possible future. My heart broke and ached for each of them in different ways. Watching them not only recreate their lives but fall in love with all of its complications and emotions was an engaging journey that I would not have missed.

As always, The Montgomery Brothers series delivers yet another relative that fits right in – and Ms. Chase once again delivers a relatable, believable couple who will tug on any reader’s heart as they work their way to that happy ending. I enjoyed SUDDENLY MINE on several levels so much and would not hesitate to recommend it to any Romance reader.

*I received an e-ARC of this novel from the publisher via NetGalley. That does not change what I think of this story. It is my choice to leave a review giving my personal opinion about this book.*
5 There’s More to Life Stars!!!

I absolutely adore this series by Ms. Chase. Every time a new book comes out I can’t wait to read it. What I’m loving about this particular book is that it’s not his uncle playing matchmaker but his own mom and aunt who have set their sites on Christian finding the perfect woman.

Little do they know that he’s already aware of Sophie but doesn’t really know what to do. And so begins this charming romance that I devoured in one sitting. Sophie is a young woman that’s new to San Diego and seems to have found the perfect job and it’s working with none other than our Hero Christian Montgomery.

When these two first meet it’s quite a bit nerve wracking. But it changes everything for this man. I loved how Ms. Chase wrote his transition to a man that sees more than working all the time. Allowing him to discover that love can indeed change how happy life can be with the right woman. Oh and Sophie is a woman that doesn’t give up on a lot. I thoroughly appreciated her perseverance in reaching her goals.

But, there’s a little shakeup for her but having Christian by her side truly makes the difference in how her life changes as well.

Over all, this is another fabulous Montgomery Brothers series and I can’t wait to see what’s next for this crazy and loving family!
Captivating sweet romance story, there is drama, banter, emotions, and family. Amazingly strong characters. It is well-written, I enjoyed reading. It was a pleasure to review. I received a free copy of this book, am voluntarily leaving a review.
I believe I have said it before, but I will say it again, just in case. Samantha Chase goes from strength to strength with each new book release. And “Suddenly Mine” is a great example.

For those who follow the Montgomery Brothers series, “Suddenly Mine” is Book 8. And if you think that Samantha Chase has given her readers a gamut of heroes and heroines, you are probably right. But Christian Montgomery and Sophia Bennington stand out because we saw the weakness in their characters first before we saw how strong they are.

That Samantha Chase was able to bring both from zero to heroes is a feat on its own. Then inserting a dark side of the Montgomery clan into the storyline was a total surprise, making “Suddenly Mine” not just a love story but part of a family saga.

A great book to read during these winter months and the polar vortex hanging over us because
Suddenly Mine is an addition to the Montgomery Series with the current man at the helm of the business as the main character. Through Christian’s life, Samantha Chase shows the reader one reason why some become workaholics. Christian is not the only character with father issues. This is a story of personal growth, acceptance and being true to oneself as much as it is a love story.

Sophie is a transplant from the Midwest. I admired her take risks attitude as she moves and works on trying new activities in her life. She is the inspiration that Christian needs to break out of the rut that his life has become. Their progress as a couple was enjoyable to watch as well as their growth into becoming content and happy adults. Along with the likable characters, the story has a solid plot, interesting supporting characters and the California setting going for it.
Suddenly Mine:
This was one of the best love story's  that I have read. I will admit that I did not see this story taking the turn that is did.  Samantha Chase swept me into a love story so sweet and adorable that it just melted my heart. Sophia is a nurse who moves from small town USA to the big city to pursue  her dreams and Sebastian is the wealthy handsome man who is struggling with his inabilities to live up to his fathers standards. and their paths are destined to cross.  Great story that you wish wouldn't end.
Another entertaining and wonderful read from Samantha Chase! I loved these characters of Christian and Sophie from the start. I enjoyed reading how far they came from the beginning. I am very much loving the Montgomery Brothers series and how characters from other books are brought in some, too, but also able to be read alone. I can’t wait for more!
I received a copy from NetGalley
My favorite thing about Samantha Chase stories are the characters that she creates and the growth and development they go through as the story progresses. Man does Christian come a long way, from stressed out workaholic under the pressure of his father to someone who tries to find a life. Sophie is a huge part of his change she helps him to see that there's more to life and if he keeps doing what he has been doing he won't live a long life.

I love these two together. They are drawn together from the beginning, but it's not always easy. They go through some pretty emotional stuff together but they are also romantic, adventurous, and sexy.

I really enjoyed this story and can't wait for more from Samantha Chase!
Suddenly Mine is part of the Montgomery Brothers series. Sophie and Christian each have issues from their past. But as they grow closer, will those issues ruin what they've started? Or can they find a way to resolve them and build something amazing? Their story sucked me in from the get-go, and there was no way I could put it down. This is definitely a must-read story!
It has come to my attention, so many times over the last few years, that Samantha Chase KNOWS how to write a story that will keep the reader reading and turning the pages of any of her books until the very last period of the book!!!  Ms. Chase’s latest release Suddenly mine is the 8th book in her Montgomery Brothers Series.  I think this series is a huge favorite of mine because I discovered this phenomenal author thru this series.  Okay, enough fangirling.  I need to get to the reason you are reading this…my review.  😊
I freaking loved this book!!!  It is a phenomenally emotional book for me in oh so many ways. I will start with anger, and I have to get this off my chest first!  Christian Montgomery’s father is a jacka….. PG, PG, I must keep this PG!  Insufferable SOB (sorry, so much for PG).  I freaking HATED what he is doing to his own son!!!  Yeah, anger issues here.  But you know what, this is good.  BECAUSE, it shows how far down the emotional rabbit hole I was dragged.  I absolutely loved this couple!  Christian and Sophie are definitely made for each other.  They are definitely each other’s saving grace. I freaking cried like a baby when Sophie came out of the hotel in Kansas and Christian was standing there…sigh!!!  I know this, I wish I had a “William” in my life for so many reasons.  I want to know this though, how did Christians mom and aunt know?  I am beginning to believe they have William beat.
Sorry Ladies, well not really, but if you want the answers to any of the above, you will need to read this phenomenal book and series.
Thank you, Samantha Chase of another wonderful staycation from normal grind of life for a few hours.
Thank you for reading my review.  I know you will enjoy this book as much as I have. SO, what are you waiting for!?!? Go hit that purchase button at your favorite book retailer.  I loved this book so much I purchased the Audible version too!!
Christian and Sophie’s story touched on a few sensitive subjects that are currently happening in my life that I really wasn’t prepared for. This was the hardest book of Ms. Chase’s that I’ve read for that reason. And although I never had any doubt as to how wonderful a writer she is, this one totally hit home for me the mastery of her storytelling.
There were some twists that I honestly didn’t see coming, and won’t discuss because I know I myself hate spoilers in reviews! While we were treated with just a handful of Montgomery family members, they were more than enough. Because this story is about two people who need(ed) to live their lives for themselves. Not to please anyone else or to live up to expectations, real or imagined.
Entertaining, emotional, witty, sexy and fun small town, opposites attract romantic journey filled with lots of heart and thrilling passion.... this is a great reading experience that grabs you from the beginning and leaves you in a very feel good place.
As always, Samantha Chase has written a sweet and sexy romance that just makes you feel good and truly want the characters to reach their Happily Ever After.  Christian is a workaholic who never seems to please his father.  Sophie is a nurse running from her past and looking for a new start and a job.  She moves to town and ends up on the beach outside of Christian's house while learning to surf.  Watching her is the only thing that makes him happy.  By coincidence (or Montgomery matchmaking because Christian's mother and Aunt have hired her to be the nurse at his company), Christian rescues Sophie and then Sophie rescues Christian right back.  Sparks begin to fly and together they learn that they will always be there for each other.  I hope to see this couple again in future books.
Oh what a sweet love story between Sophie and Christian. It follows the other Montgomery brothers series.

Sophie and Christian meet after he has admired her from afar. Circumstances bring them together and they end up being there for each other through much more than they expect. They have both had tough times in life and have learned to lean on each other for help when they need it. One devastating thing happens and Christian turns against her. He realizes what they had and gets his head out of his rear end. Hello HEA ❤️

This book made my heart melt. You see a story of a couple who are living a tough life, but find what is easy together. It is not real steamy, and has romance at its best. I loved their characters and the support and love they show throughout the whole relationship ship.
Suddenly Mine is a great spin on big city boy meets small town girl.  Ms. Chase was able to create characters that you can't help but cheer them on.  Christian and Sophie both show so much growth in this book and not just in their relationship.  While this is part of the Montgomery Brother series I love that you can pick this book up and not be lost.  I can't see what Ms. Chase comes up with next.
I LOVE the Montgomery’s, but Christian just might be my favorite! My heart broke for him throughout the story, and what he went through. To see this strong, smart, outgoing hero be knocked down a notch here and there was almost more than I could stand. Thankfully, he had Sophie there when he needed her most. She’s sweet, funny, feisty, and definitely a heroine I could see being besties with.

The story itself was one of healing, and finding love. Of forgiveness, and moving on. Samantha Chase did a fantastic job of drawing me in from the start and kept me there until the very last word.

A must read I would highly recommend!