Suddenly Mine

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Feb 2019

Captivating sweet romance story, there is drama, banter, emotions, and family. Amazingly strong characters. It is well-written, I enjoyed reading. It was a pleasure to review. I received a free copy of this book, am voluntarily leaving a review.
I believe I have said it before, but I will say it again, just in case. Samantha Chase goes from strength to strength with each new book release. And “Suddenly Mine” is a great example.

For those who follow the Montgomery Brothers series, “Suddenly Mine” is Book 8. And if you think that Samantha Chase has given her readers a gamut of heroes and heroines, you are probably right. But Christian Montgomery and Sophia Bennington stand out because we saw the weakness in their characters first before we saw how strong they are.

That Samantha Chase was able to bring both from zero to heroes is a feat on its own. Then inserting a dark side of the Montgomery clan into the storyline was a total surprise, making “Suddenly Mine” not just a love story but part of a family saga.

A great book to read during these winter months and the polar vortex hanging over us because
Suddenly Mine is an addition to the Montgomery Series with the current man at the helm of the business as the main character. Through Christian’s life, Samantha Chase shows the reader one reason why some become workaholics. Christian is not the only character with father issues. This is a story of personal growth, acceptance and being true to oneself as much as it is a love story.

Sophie is a transplant from the Midwest. I admired her take risks attitude as she moves and works on trying new activities in her life. She is the inspiration that Christian needs to break out of the rut that his life has become. Their progress as a couple was enjoyable to watch as well as their growth into becoming content and happy adults. Along with the likable characters, the story has a solid plot, interesting supporting characters and the California setting going for it.
Suddenly Mine:
This was one of the best love story's  that I have read. I will admit that I did not see this story taking the turn that is did.  Samantha Chase swept me into a love story so sweet and adorable that it just melted my heart. Sophia is a nurse who moves from small town USA to the big city to pursue  her dreams and Sebastian is the wealthy handsome man who is struggling with his inabilities to live up to his fathers standards. and their paths are destined to cross.  Great story that you wish wouldn't end.
Another entertaining and wonderful read from Samantha Chase! I loved these characters of Christian and Sophie from the start. I enjoyed reading how far they came from the beginning. I am very much loving the Montgomery Brothers series and how characters from other books are brought in some, too, but also able to be read alone. I can’t wait for more!
I received a copy from NetGalley
My favorite thing about Samantha Chase stories are the characters that she creates and the growth and development they go through as the story progresses. Man does Christian come a long way, from stressed out workaholic under the pressure of his father to someone who tries to find a life. Sophie is a huge part of his change she helps him to see that there's more to life and if he keeps doing what he has been doing he won't live a long life.

I love these two together. They are drawn together from the beginning, but it's not always easy. They go through some pretty emotional stuff together but they are also romantic, adventurous, and sexy.

I really enjoyed this story and can't wait for more from Samantha Chase!
Suddenly Mine is part of the Montgomery Brothers series. Sophie and Christian each have issues from their past. But as they grow closer, will those issues ruin what they've started? Or can they find a way to resolve them and build something amazing? Their story sucked me in from the get-go, and there was no way I could put it down. This is definitely a must-read story!
It has come to my attention, so many times over the last few years, that Samantha Chase KNOWS how to write a story that will keep the reader reading and turning the pages of any of her books until the very last period of the book!!!  Ms. Chase’s latest release Suddenly mine is the 8th book in her Montgomery Brothers Series.  I think this series is a huge favorite of mine because I discovered this phenomenal author thru this series.  Okay, enough fangirling.  I need to get to the reason you are reading this…my review.  😊
I freaking loved this book!!!  It is a phenomenally emotional book for me in oh so many ways. I will start with anger, and I have to get this off my chest first!  Christian Montgomery’s father is a jacka….. PG, PG, I must keep this PG!  Insufferable SOB (sorry, so much for PG).  I freaking HATED what he is doing to his own son!!!  Yeah, anger issues here.  But you know what, this is good.  BECAUSE, it shows how far down the emotional rabbit hole I was dragged.  I absolutely loved this couple!  Christian and Sophie are definitely made for each other.  They are definitely each other’s saving grace. I freaking cried like a baby when Sophie came out of the hotel in Kansas and Christian was standing there…sigh!!!  I know this, I wish I had a “William” in my life for so many reasons.  I want to know this though, how did Christians mom and aunt know?  I am beginning to believe they have William beat.
Sorry Ladies, well not really, but if you want the answers to any of the above, you will need to read this phenomenal book and series.
Thank you, Samantha Chase of another wonderful staycation from normal grind of life for a few hours.
Thank you for reading my review.  I know you will enjoy this book as much as I have. SO, what are you waiting for!?!? Go hit that purchase button at your favorite book retailer.  I loved this book so much I purchased the Audible version too!!
Christian and Sophie’s story touched on a few sensitive subjects that are currently happening in my life that I really wasn’t prepared for. This was the hardest book of Ms. Chase’s that I’ve read for that reason. And although I never had any doubt as to how wonderful a writer she is, this one totally hit home for me the mastery of her storytelling.
There were some twists that I honestly didn’t see coming, and won’t discuss because I know I myself hate spoilers in reviews! While we were treated with just a handful of Montgomery family members, they were more than enough. Because this story is about two people who need(ed) to live their lives for themselves. Not to please anyone else or to live up to expectations, real or imagined.
Entertaining, emotional, witty, sexy and fun small town, opposites attract romantic journey filled with lots of heart and thrilling passion.... this is a great reading experience that grabs you from the beginning and leaves you in a very feel good place.
As always, Samantha Chase has written a sweet and sexy romance that just makes you feel good and truly want the characters to reach their Happily Ever After.  Christian is a workaholic who never seems to please his father.  Sophie is a nurse running from her past and looking for a new start and a job.  She moves to town and ends up on the beach outside of Christian's house while learning to surf.  Watching her is the only thing that makes him happy.  By coincidence (or Montgomery matchmaking because Christian's mother and Aunt have hired her to be the nurse at his company), Christian rescues Sophie and then Sophie rescues Christian right back.  Sparks begin to fly and together they learn that they will always be there for each other.  I hope to see this couple again in future books.
Oh what a sweet love story between Sophie and Christian. It follows the other Montgomery brothers series.

Sophie and Christian meet after he has admired her from afar. Circumstances bring them together and they end up being there for each other through much more than they expect. They have both had tough times in life and have learned to lean on each other for help when they need it. One devastating thing happens and Christian turns against her. He realizes what they had and gets his head out of his rear end. Hello HEA ❤️

This book made my heart melt. You see a story of a couple who are living a tough life, but find what is easy together. It is not real steamy, and has romance at its best. I loved their characters and the support and love they show throughout the whole relationship ship.
Suddenly Mine is a great spin on big city boy meets small town girl.  Ms. Chase was able to create characters that you can't help but cheer them on.  Christian and Sophie both show so much growth in this book and not just in their relationship.  While this is part of the Montgomery Brother series I love that you can pick this book up and not be lost.  I can't see what Ms. Chase comes up with next.
I LOVE the Montgomery’s, but Christian just might be my favorite! My heart broke for him throughout the story, and what he went through. To see this strong, smart, outgoing hero be knocked down a notch here and there was almost more than I could stand. Thankfully, he had Sophie there when he needed her most. She’s sweet, funny, feisty, and definitely a heroine I could see being besties with.

The story itself was one of healing, and finding love. Of forgiveness, and moving on. Samantha Chase did a fantastic job of drawing me in from the start and kept me there until the very last word.

A must read I would highly recommend!
Ms. Chase has rapidly climbed to become one of my favorite contemporary romance authors. Characters who are so believable they could be real, emotions that leap off the pages sucking readers in completely. At the end, I feel like I lived each page.  Suddenly Mine is another winner in a series that keeps getting better and better.

Christian Montgomery is burnt out. It's been clear that he's over worked, underappreciated and worn out in previous books so we're primed for this book even before it starts. Is the red headed wanna be surfer who comes to the beach every morning trying her darn best to learn how to surf that intervention? Dunno but she's definitely caught his attention if only because of her sheer persistence. A possible date between two strangers who are both damaged in their own way as to be complementary?
Then Christian lands up in the ER and back in the office is put under the competent care of the part time industrial nurse his mother and aunt convinced him to hire. Yes!. it's Sophie! and yes it is an intervention and a matchmaking attempt all rolled into one beautiful red head. But suddenly it seems as if all bets are off, Christian is vulnerable in a way he doesn't want to be.
Be prepared to be moved to tears as the two share their back stories and family challenges. Christian finally opens up about what happened in London and turned him from the fun loving leader into the crusty emotionless machine he is today. All of Ms. Chase's stories have a lot of emotion but this one seems to be deeper and more gut wrenching than most.
I just can't get enough of this author no matter which series I pick up. She's my feel good happy place that restores my belief that romance still exist.
I have been waiting for Christians story since we first met him. His attitude and backstory that he shared with his sister grabbed me and I couldn’t stop thinking about where his journey would take us.

Well not only did I love this story, but man o man Christian and Sophie’s story blew me away. They both faced some heavy family matters that could sink a new relationship. They also both had some trust issues and baggage and were making signs and life changes. This story touched on all of that and built a beautiful heartwarming and heartbreaking story.

SC writes captivating stories that stay with me and keep me invested in the families and characters. It was great hearing from several of the siblings, cousins, aunts and uncles. I did not like Christians father prior to this story and well I still don’t, but I love how Christians mother and uncles all gave background to his behavior and antics. Along with the main characters, there were secondary characters who shone in this story. Sophie’s grandmother sounds like a hoot and her dad brought out all the waterworks.

Thank you Samantha Chase, NetGalley and SourceBooks for the chance to read this story and share my opinions!
Mark another one up for the the matchmaking making Montgomery's.  They are so sly and clever.  I think Christian and Sophie is the best match up yet.

Christian is a workaholic, the product of trying to prove him self successful to his dad.

Sophie has moved to escape her past and the lies that she was told all her life.

These two together worked through so much that they had my emotions all over the place. I'm tearing up just writing this remembering everything.

When an author can have your emotions that deeply invested into a book you know how well written the book is.  I don't think anyone does a better job than Samantha does.

This a wonderful read that I couldn't put down.
Have you ever read a book that had you sighing one minute and cursing the characters the next? Well, this one had me doing it! Christian is literally working himself to death and hating his job while he is doing it. The best part of his day is his morning coffee when sitting on his deck when he gets a glimpse of his surfer girl. He would like nothing more than to go down to the beach and introduce himself but something, mainly himself, is holding him back until one day he witnesses a bully knock her off her board and he came up out of the surf but she didn't. Christian rushed to the beach to save her but she didn't need saving. That was their first meeting. A few days later in his office he thought he was having a heart attack and Sophie just happened to be in the office interviewing for a job, THE job, and thankfully she was and was able to go into nurse mode and be by his side.  These two were perfect from the beginning to how slow they took it and how totally awkward they were.  Sure, they had their twists and turns and bumps in the road but this story had the perfect ending!  Make sure you read to the very end, it is so stinking sweet!  I definitely recommend this one!

**Received this ARC from the publisher via NetGalley for review**
This is book 9 of the Montgomery Brothers Series. I don’t know how Samantha Chase does it, but I felt this was her best Montgomery Book thus far!

I felt very connected to Sophie Bennington. She is a brave, fun-loving, strong woman who moved from Kansas to Carolina. She has no friends or family in San Diego, and so far she’s had no job.  Just as she’s deciding to get a job, she meets two lovely older women on the beach who direct her to a position available as a contract nurse for Montgomery’s.

Christian Montgomery is the manager of the San Diego office.  He does not particularly like his job, but it’s all he’s ever done and he hopes someday he will be enough for his father to be proud of him.  As he’s preparing for an unexpected meeting with big clients, Christian faints after feeling pain in his chest.  Lucky for him, this is Sophie’s first day on the job as the new corporate nurse. He’s surprised to find out their new corporate nurse is a woman he watched for days trying to learn to surf, and the previous day, met on the beach.  And although he hates going to the hospital and having to go through a myriad of tests, he’s happy Sophie is with him.

Christian needs to change his life, learn to say no and learn to not continue looking for other people’s (especially his father’s) approval.  He relies heavily on Sophie to make the necessary changes.  Sophie on the other hand, feels the need for total honesty, and she needs to learn to forgive and stop running from difficult situations.

This book has all the feels! From anxiety, warmth, love, laughter, curiosity, sadness.  I enjoyed every one of these! I loved watching how both Sophie and Christian worked through the issues together and supported each other throughout the book.  The way the Montgomery family welcomed Sophie, even during a high stress situation was wonderful! They all recognized how Sophie made Christian better. The journey of this couple is a wonderful read! Highly recommended!

I received an ARC of this book courtesy of Net Galley and the publisher. All opinions expressed in this review are my own and given freely.
OMG this book was soo good! Samantha Chase is such a phenomenal writer and she proves it once again with Suddenly Mine. This story was amazing and prepare yourself for all the feels you will feel while reading Christian and Sophie's story. I love the Montgomery series and this one is a spectacular addition!