Suddenly Mine

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Feb 2019

Suddenly Mine Book 9 Montgomery Brother Series by Samantha Chase (can be read as a standalone)

5 ++++ Stars

AMAZING! What an absolutely adorable couple! Love the couples chemistry! I really enjoyed reading about these two!

Christian and Sophie~
Since the age of fifteen, Christian has been working for the family business. He has a beach side house who he watches the red haired girl try to surf. Christian has a life scare at work and ends up with the ER. He then learns that Sophie       (the red head he has been watching) is his companies new corporate nurse. Even though they both are attracted to one another they just want to be in the just friends category.

"Admiring his physique was one thing, getting up close and personal with it like this was another."

"Purring, she rubbed against him and smiled against his lips when he groaned deep in his throat. It was the sexiest sound she'd ever heard."

"I love you, and whatever it is you want to do, we'll do it."

I highly recommend!! Loved it!
I really enjoyed their story.  Not only did I love these two, but I loved the references to Kansas and Wichita.  :)  This book pulled at my heart strings and made my cry.  Samantha did a great job with this one.  I highly recommend this book.
4 Stars
Reviewed by Lorrie
Late Night Reviewer
Up All Night w/ Books Blog

From the moment I started reading Drawn Into Love by Aurora Rose Reynolds, I was HOOKED. I could not put it down! It is the fourth book in the Fluke My Life series. It’s a story about two people who have been unlucky in love and how they find it again. If you are looking for a quick read that keeps you entertained, this book is for you!!

After six years of marriage, Courtney Williams finds herself divorced and alone. With the money she gets from her divorce she heads to New York City to start her life over. She’s strong-willed and determined to make it on her own. When she buys a new home, she hires handsome, Lucas Fremont as her contractor. There is chemistry from the very beginning with these two but both are holding back for fear of moving too fast. They both have baggage from their past that makes it seem like a relationship would just be too hard. Will they turn their growing friendship into something more? Only time will tell....

I really enjoyed this book. Reynolds portrayal of the characters was so perfect. I felt like I was there looking in on the whole scene. The story flowed well and I had no trouble reading it. Like I said before, I was unable to put it down!! Since I’ve read book four first, I want to go back and read the first three now!

Although I liked both characters overall, I felt like Courtney was a bit of a baby at times. I didn’t feel like she had the fight in her that I was expecting from the beginning of the book. I wanted her to be more assertive than she was. Lucas, on the other hand, was strong and powerful but at the same time, he came across as pushy and demanding. I wanted to tell him to pump the brakes a few times.

Overall, I really enjoyed this book and am looking forward to reading the other books in this series.

*ARC provided in exchange for an honest review*
With a generation of matchmakers on the lose throughout the series, this book is still fun and refreshing.

Christian works too much and plays not at all. He has been burned in the past at both work and in relationships. He is not just gun-shy but avoiding anything that looks like involvement. Christian will need to put his health first and learn to delegate.

Sophia has a lot of baggage. She is taking action to live her life to the fullest. Sophia has moved to a new state, picked a new career, and even started a new hobby. She will not let Christian be a dark cloud over her new life, but if he wants to embrace change she will be with him every step of the way.
Amazing. I could not put this book down.  The Montgomery's are busy again at matchmaking, this time their victims are Christian and Sophie. Christian is a workaholic, trying to prove to his dad that he can be a success in the family business. Sophie is a nurse and is new to San Diego looking for a job. Sophie ends up working for the Montgomery's and  comes to Christian's aid.  Soon a friendship develops and more, but will their pasts with their fathers interfere with their relationship.

Loved, loved these characters!!  Both are broken but with the help of each other they can overcome. So many emotions, please have a kleenex box handy. Samantha Chase is at her best with her story telling.  She hit it perfect with the medical information and her Kansas logistics.

This book is part of a series but can be read as a stand alone. I highly recommend this book!!
It's always so lovely to return to an old favorite series, and the Mongomery family certainly fit that description.
Christian Montgomery is in a rut. He doesn't enjoy his work but feels pressure to succeed in the family business. The stress spirals out of control forcing him to take some time off.
Whilst looking for something more, he finds Sophie Bennington. A woman escaping painful family secrets, yearning to find peace.
Once they get together, it's beautiful and organic, until it isn't. Tragedy strikes, tearing apart this fragile union apart.
This is where Samantha Chase really comes through as an author. I was upset for both parties and the wider Mongomery clan. I believed in their love story and willed them back together.
A great addition to this long running series.
Can't wait for more.
I really enjoyed this billionaire-nurse romance that looks at broken families and the often troubled relationships between parents and children. A sweet romance that's sure to bring a few tears but well worth the read.
Suddenly Mine by Samantha Chase and is book 8 in the Montgomery Brothers  series, however like the other books is a complete standalone. I was sooooo excited to get more Montgomery's. I LOVE this family!

I LOVED workaholic Christian Montgomery and the lovely ywt free spirited soul of Sophie. These two had an intense deep connection from the start! And of course as it would happen fate keeps these two running into one another. Each having been hurt, each broken in their own way, both really scared of being hurt, yet not being able to let go of their strong attraction to one another.

Once again Samantha Chase has given us a PERFECT story, with the perfect balance of heartbreak, angst, family drama, and love that will leave you fulfilled! I ADORED this book!
This series continues to tick on as fabulously today as it did day one! Normally, for me, I find that family series tend to get stale after 4 or 5 books …. The Montgomery family hasn’t even slightly bored me yet LOL I LOVE IT

Christian and Sophie …. Let me tell ya something about these two kinds .. ridiculously well suited for each other. I don’t really know even if the author knew how good these two were for each other. If you dig deep and pay attention, it’s like they were each other’s glue. You see, they both have baggage. Not with each other, but their own. Baggage that has nothing to do with each other at all, except they are each other’s calm to their personal storms … does that make sense? I hope so. I read this book in mere hours because of it. It is always such a pleasure when two characters are developed so in tune with each other the way Christian and Sophie were!

Okay so the story … cute as can be and heartwarming as heck! Everything from the initial meet cute to the next day was just adorable and honestly, it fit the two of them really well! This story was sexy and full of heart all at the same time. Well done!

Copy provided for blog tour
Uumm...Didn't see that coming.  I was prepared for another sweet romance with some family drama mixed in, but Samantha really brings the drama and turmoil in this one.  She keeps you on your toes from the first to last page.  I don't want to spoil anything if you haven't read it yet, so I'll do my best.

Christian was profiled pretty well in the last book, Until there was Us, as an extreme workaholic with father/trust issues and everyone in the family was very worried about him.  Well, in this one we see why they worry so much.  He ends up having a panic attack that felt more like a heart attack which makes him change his mind about his driven lifestyle.  He spends the rest of the book making a lasting connection with Sophie and figuring out what kind of a life he really wants to have and battling with the unreal expectations his father has set on him.  (Ok, there is a twist in all of that, but that is a spoiler I don't want to ruin.)  Meanwhile you have Sophie who is dealing with her own family drama and trying to make a new start for herself.  She ends up coming to Christian's rescue and helps him discover the life he's been missing.

Before the panic attack his mom and aunt do their best to play matchmaker, but think they've been thwarted by bad luck.  I think we find out how his mom and aunt feel about their matchmaking skills in the next book, I hope.  So for the most part everyone gets their happily ever after, but some family members will be reeling from changes to the family in this episode for a long time to come.  So don't let it be said I didn't warn you that you might hate Samantha after you finish this one.  I'm optimistic that she will find a way to make us happier with the next in the series.

Honestly though, I'm giving this 4.5 of 5 because it pulled at my heart strings and I just couldn't put it down.  I knew they would be together in the end, but I wasn't sure how they were going to get there and that made me keep reading right up to the last word.  I can't wait for the next one to come out.
Another stellar story by Ms. Chase!!!!!

I have loved all of this author's books to date, but I think this one is by far my favorite.  I just adored Sophie and Christian.  Their playful banter, their opposite views on things, the way that they make each other see a totally new perspective.  It's all so inspiring.  And while they definitely had their ups and downs, and sometimes you weren't sure how things were going to turn out, they always ended up talking through things and I think that was such an important aspect for Christian to figure out after his relationship with his father....and Sophie too for that matter.

I laughed.  I smiled.  I cried.  This book definitely had all the feels!  And I just loved every time Christian's time spent in London would come out and he would call Sophie "love" or have some bizarre swear word that would cause her to look quizzically at him.

I can't wait for more Montgomery's!
I love Samantha's Montgomery's series and have been waiting not so patiently for Christian's book. It definitely didn't disappoint. Christian was a work acholic as I figured he would be from the other Montgomery books but was surprised to see he had a fun side. I loved watchin Sofie bring that out in him. I immediately fell in love with Sofie. Who wouldn't. Sofie was kind, sweet, and braver then I imagined she would be. I especially enjoyed the way Samantha brought things from their pasts out and made them face them alone and together. I think this is now one of my very favorite Samantha Chase books. This story line was by far my favorite.
I loved, loved this story!! It had everything I want in a story...wonderful characters, emotionally charged, sweet moments, swoon worthy moments, even a few anxiety stressed moments. It captured me from the beginning so much that I didn't want it to end. I loved how the main characters' relationship was developed from that first sighting to finally speaking to spending time together. I loved how they revealed their past to each other as their trust for each other grows. This was a wonderfully written story that had me feeling as if I was living it. I love how Samantha Chase gives you a glimpse into these characters lives with such detail you feel like your a part of it. You want to be a part of it. Thank you Samantha for such a wonderful story...I LOVED it!!!
Sophie is a nurse looking to start a new life where no one knows who she is. Christian is married to his work to prove something to his hard-nosed father. Both are running from the past and end up running into each other. Sophie shows Christian how to live life not just for work. Through some trial and error - and major heartache - Sophie learns from Christian on how running from the past isn't always the answer. I adored Christian in this story - I felt for his character and all he'd been through dealing with is dad over the years. I loved how he grew closer to his brother through the story even though they still butt heads. Sophie was a great heroine and an interesting counterpart to Christian. They fit together so well even though they were very similar personalities. They learned to fight for each other during their conflict and how to be the comfort for the other in times of need. There were several tears for me during this book and I loved every minute of it. Christian and Sophie were a great couple and I loved how hard they had to work for their HEA.
Christian’s career is his life and managing the San Diego office of Montgomery Investments leaves little time for else especially as trying to gain the respect of his workaholic father is a lost cause.    The only down time he allows himself if to watching the surfers and wishing he could change places all the while drowning under the responsibilities of his job.

After Sophie learnt that everything she believed was a lie she needed a new start and chose San Diego.   She is determined to learn how to surf and even though it is not her best skill she is having a great time doing it all the while she is looking for a job as a nurse.

A chance encounter on the beach and the sparks fly but it is when he hires her as a nurse for the company that that they ignite.  The connection between them becomes stronger but will they let their pasts destroy their future?

I loved these two together and their journey is filled with emotion, romance, humor and more of the wonderful Montgomery family.     They supported each other when they needed it the most and Sophie showed Christian that there is much more to life than work.
When you begin reading Suddenly Mine make sure you have plenty of time because you will not be able to put it down!  The story of Christian and Sophie is so incredibly emotional.  There is tragedy, drama, sweetness, healing, and most importantly love.

I am drawn to strong female characters and Sophie is one of the strongest I’ve read in a long time.  Her young life saw tragic death.  When she learned the truth, she picked up and moved to start a new life where she knew no one.  That takes guts!  Meeting Christian made moving and being away from her Nana easier.  Honestly, the two have baggage but the relationship that forms between the two feels so natural.  Set in the perfect place, with lots of sun, sand, and ocean, you can’t help but be drawn into the story.

I’ve read all of the Montgomery Brothers books and this was by far my favorite!
Suddenly Your
By: Samantha Chase

📚💕⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️💕📚

Saying No Is Often The savior

Well let me start by saying I have become a huge fan of this author. She writes with so much intensity and emotion pulled from each book it’s felt page after page. Some are quick witted story lines that are so perfect and lets you believe you have a front row seat. So being able to read this love story didn’t disappoint. The authors ability to have two separate individuals struggling in their everyday life and try to navigate someone else’s thoughts, needs and desires was intense and gives all the fills.

Christian Montgomery is burnt out—the family business might be his entire world, but his father's judgment means Christian never stops working. His only respite is gazing at the beach and the carefree surfers riding the waves...especially the curvy redhead who's caught his attention.
Sophia Bennington has just fled from her small Kansas town to California, where she's trying her best to embrace her new beginning. Soon Christian and Sophia find one another, and it feels like sanctuary. But when their difficult pasts catch up to them, will they run away from each other?

I really enjoyed this book and it kept me engrossed throughout. I really loved the characters and the way they interacted with each other. This is a fun, hot, romantic must read book and I would definitely recommend this book to anyone.

This book has everything I love in a book. Then you add that it's beautifully written and believable. It is easily a five star read. Written in dual POV my personal favorite this story flows so incredibly well that the next thing you know your 80% into the book and loving every second of it. The believable way the characters interact is perfect. Run, Hop, Jump or use your (1 click) finger to do whatever you have to do and get this amazing book.  It'll break your heart, you'll want to scream with frustration and it'll let you discover that love just might conquer all. The chemistry is steamy and sweet and oh so romantic.

Thanks Netgally for letting me read and review.📚💕
Both Christian and Sophia need a change!

Overworked Christian Montgomery needs to slow down but his father harped at him when he wanted to slow down so he never did. During his little time at home he watched a red-haired girl practice surfing even though she was horrible at surfing, but she kept trying.  During a family wedding, his mom and his aunt decided to do a little matchmaking to get Christian to slow down. They decide to have the company start a corporate health program and picked Christian’s office to host the pilot project.

Sophia Bennington moved across country to get away from her grandmother and the people in town that lied to her. She applied for the health position at Christian’s company after being told about it when she met two women while she was on the beach. Thankfully Sophia was there to take charge when they thought Christian was having a heart attack.

I’ve read the Montgomery Brothers series and I feel that Suddenly Mine can be read by itself without reading the other books in the series, but it helps to understand the family dynamics of the characters. But if you want a longer series to start reading this is for you!

Christian Montgomery is a dedicated and hard worker, like most of all the other Montgomery’s. Although he feels added pressure from his dad to work hard and do the job well.
Sophie Bennington is an adventurous nurse who moves out to California needing a change. When the two meet it is instant attraction. I absolutely Love this story. I Love the characters and the storyline. Both Christian and Sophie have their own problems they have to deal with but seeing how they deal with them together is a good reminder of that’s how it should be. There were a couple of things that happened I definitely did not see coming. Along with their problems there were many romantic and sexy moments. Moments of sadness and of love and many moments that just made my heart happy. I am very glad this book deals with the issue of Anxiety. Anxiety is a big issue and parts of this book really hit home for me, with dealing with close loved ones with anxiety. I am grateful that Samantha was willing to write on this subject and help show its more common than we think and them more people talk about it and are made aware I think will help others. Overall I thought this was an excellent book I would highly recommend!!
Words cannot describe how much I loved this book. The romance between Christian and Sophie was romantic and beautiful. I loved they way Samantha built their relationship from the ground up. I fell in love with them and was rooting for them from the very beginning. My heart broke for Christian and his workaholic ways, bending over backwards-nearly killing himself-to prove his worth and trying to gain approval, recognition, and praise from his father. I didn’t care for his father at all, and then found myself crying and wishing things were different. Even if just for closure. Wow, so many emotions!

Samantha is a truly gifted writer and I am in awe. Beautifully written, complex characters, and so full of emotion. This is a book and a series you do not want to miss!