I'll Always Love You

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 07 Dec 2018

This was a sweet little addition to the Worthington series, featuring Louisa's sister by marriage Lady Lucinda Hughlot and Gerald, Earl Elliot.

Lucinda is finally getting her London season thanks to Louisa and Rothwell being able to convince the dowager duchess that she must sponsor her - the dowager has not been in town since her husband's death and has avoided returning due to the scandals her late husband caused. She informs Lucinda that she has spoken to her dear friend the Marchioness of Quorndon and they have decided that her son the Marquess and Lucinda will be a perfect match. Lucinda is dismayed, she wanted to choose her own husband and dreamt of a love match. But she agrees to meet the Marquess to keep the peace.

Gerald has not had much success in his quest for a bride, he seems to only notice a woman once she has become attached to another man. Far from heartbroken, he decides that this is the season that he will find the perfect woman. While visiting his club he sees Quorndon and learns that he will probably be married soon to Lucinda, as his mother believes they will be a good match, their conversation is overheard by Rothwell, who immediately asks Gerald to watch out for his sister. Gerald agrees thinking that it will give him a chance to meet potential brides.

When Lucinda meets Gerald, she is smitten, he is perfect for her! But she has promised to meet Quorndon and hopes that he inspires the same level of interest. He does not and now Lucinda has to find a way out of this arrangement. As luck would have it she meets the perfect woman for Quorndon in the form of Miss. Arabella Marlowe - who is just as interested in him as he is in her. She suggests an outing and invites Gerald along. It is clear that Arabella and Quorndon are a perfect match, but Gerald does seem to see that Lucinda is his perfect mate as well.

As the weeks pass and they spend more time together, she knows that she is in love with him, but has no idea what his feelings are or how to find out, but when her mother informs her that she will be announcing her betrothal to Quarndon in a week, she will have to gather up all her courage and ask him or lose the one man she may not be able to live without.

Even when their true feelings are revealed, they will still have to overcome their mother's disapproval before they can have their HEA.

I thought this was a very sweet story and I loved Lucinda and Gerald - but I will admit that I thought Gerald was dumber than a box of rocks more than once and more than a little dense. He was perfectly charming and I enjoyed his interactions with Lucinda, but it was like he refused to see what was right in front of him - this was not your typical hero denial - he really came across as obtuse and a little slow on the uptake. However, he manages to pull his head out of his butt and realize that Lucinda is the woman he has always wanted before it is too late. I got a kick out of his mother and how well she played him :) This was well written, fast paced, easy to read story with a little bit of steam at the end and not a whole lot of drama. I really enjoyed the book and would be happy to recommend, it is part of the Worthington series, but it could be read as a stand alone with no problems at all.

*I am voluntarily leaving a review for an eARC that was provided to me by NetGalley and the publisher.*
Reviewed by Tracy
This worked really well in a shorter novella format. I enjoyed the characters, although the hero was... a little obtuse. It was a well written, fast paced, easy to read story with a little bit of steam at the end and not a whole lot of drama. I really enjoyed the book and would be happy to recommend
I really enjoyed I'll Always Love You by Ella Quinn. The only problem I could see was that it was too short. Any story about the Worthington's and their extended family is an auto buy from me.  I will definitely recommend this story.

Thanks to NetGalley and Publisher for allowing me to read this story. My opinions are my own.
Gerald, Earl Elliott, has finally decided to marry. Unfortunately, he seems only to fall for a lady once she is engaged to another. When his close friend, the Duke of Rothwell, asks him to look out for his sister, Lady Lucinda Hughlot, during her first London Season, Gerald is happy to oblige. After all, it will put him even more conveniently in the way of eligible ladies. Yet he’s completely oblivious to Lucinda’s growing attraction
to him . . .
This was a pretty standard story with a pretty common plot. The characters weren’t bad.
**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book
This was a fun, one of a kind novel that I wouldn't hesitate to recommend to others.  I loved getting to know the characters and their stories.
I received a copy of the book via NetGalley and Zebra and have decided to give an honest review.
I have enjoyed reading books by Ella Quinn especially The Worthingtons series and although this is number . which means that it is a filler type story I really enjoyed reading Lucinda and Gerald's love story.  Lucinda is a very clever woman and she is a determined one as well. She know she loves Gerald and she will go all out to get rid of her mother's choice of marriage partner. As for Gerald well he just seems to notice a woman he thinks is attractive and worthy of his notice when she gets engaged to some other man. The romance between the couple is a an interesting one and gives the reader some entertainment for a few hours. I recommend this book and author.
This novella is part of the Worthington series. The Earl of Elliott seems to only fall in love with engaged women. Lady Lucinda is in her first season and determined to live it up yet her mother has other ideas. Gerald is asked to keep an eye on Lucinda by her brother. Lucinda happens to be in love with Gerald. The more time Lucinda spends with Gerald, the more she falls for him. This was a sweet story that will engage the reader. I feel it is better to read the other books in the story to understand what is going on. I received this book as an ARC from Net Galley.
This book is a part of the Worthington series.  It is a novella about Lucinda and Earl Gerald.
We've met Gerald before in other books but did not know much about him. I felt the same even in this novella. I felt everything was very generic and there wasn't much substance to the characters.
I love Ella Quinn's books. And although this was a cute story, there wasn't much depth to it. That's the problem many times with novellas. There's no time to go into more detail.
I look forward to the next book.
Book #5.5 in the series The Worthingtons, I'll Always Love You can be read without knowledge of the previous books.

Gerald, Earl Elliott, is asked by his friend, the Duke of Rothwell, to take care for his sister, Lady Lucinda Hughlot, during her first Season, in London. Gerald sees in his friend's request a good opportunity to be in touch with other eligible young ladies. However, Lucinda falls in love with him, but he doesn't seem to notice.
It's a sweet, well written story, but the plot didn't attract me that much. It may be satisfactory to the ones read this series, though.
Delightful story of Earl Elliot and Lady Lucinda. Nice to see Lord Elliot (Gerald) finally meet the right woman! I love the Worthington series!
Ella has given us a way to open and let us learn to that live of the era she wrotes! I liked this story! This is showing about who is going to marry or who. Lord Rothwell is Lady Lucinda's brother to bring to the Season. Success of Rothwell is their mother. Lucinda has a lot of friends They try to find who this is or not. You would think of the men have it easy! They worry all about what the women are doing! There are lots of spots I found I had never heard about. I would tell you that this is a Real book being an Adult! I would still you to still recommend read the story! Give the book a chance! Keep on reading! Grab some tissues! You won't regret!
I love Ella Quinn, and the Worthingtons series!  In this book Earl Elliott (Gerald), has had a hard time doing his duty of finding a wife, because he cant seem to realize that he is interested in a woman until she has become married or engaged to someone else.  He is determined that this will finally be his year, he just has to pay more attention, but will he be able to do that once he is asked to help keep an eye on his friends sister, and make sure her first season is not a flop?
Lady Lucinda Hughlot is finally going to have her first season, and wants to have fun before she has to choose a husband, but the moment they arrive in London her mother has a husband already picked for her.  She soon discovers that her heart is leaning towards the man that has promised to help keep her safe and let her enjoy her self this season, only problem is she's not sure how he feels for her.
This story is great and really the whole time your are just saying to your self, Gerald what are you doing?  The woman you want to marry is right there lol!  It was a lot of fun to read and I would definitely recommend it to others.  Cant want to read the next in the Worthingtons series!
Cute

What I liked:
The writing style
The characters
Part of a series: The Worthingtons
Standalone
HEA
Epilogue

I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
This was a really sweet and fun romance from the author. I really enjoyed reading about Lucinda's character. She was strong, enterprising and willing to stand up for herself. I really liked that she didn't wait for HEA to happen to her but tried to make her own path. Gerald was a little confused and slow at recognizing his attraction towards Lucinda but the romance was quite delightful. This is a novella in the Worthingtons series and I would definitely recommend it for a quick, fun read.

* I received this ARC from NetGalley and the publisher for an honest review*
I received a copy of I'll Always Love You written by Ella Quinn from NetGalley in exchange for a fair review.  I read Ella Quinn sporadically as she has always been a hit or miss for me.
Gerald, Earl Elliott is on the hunt for a wife but seems to ONLY fall for a lady once they become engaged.  Determine to keep his eyes open, he is asked to help out a friend, the Duke of Rothwell, and look out for his sister Lucinda.  Lucinda is in her first London Season and determined to enjoy herself.  But her mother, is hoping for an early match to escape London with the Marquis of Quorndon.   But, the longer she is in Gerald's company, the more she realizes she will have to defy her mom to get her HEA.
This was a good short story that stays pretty close to the history of the Regency era.  Ella Quinn always attempts to stay true to the era while weaving independent women attempting to achieve their HEA.  At times, the story stalled but the chemistry between Lucinda and Gerald was enjoyable.  Low on the steam factor.   3 1/2 stars #IllAlwaysLoveYou #NetGalley
Lady Lucinda Hughlot is thrilled her season, but her mother has her own ideas and a match with Marquis of Quorndon is her choice. Lucinda wants to enjoy her first Season and she’s less than thrilled with her mother’s choice, after all she in love with Gerald. Lucinda comes up with a plan and set out to find Quorndon a wife worthy of him and hopefully make Gerald realize the woman whose perfect for him has been right in front of him the whole time. Gerald in the market and looking for a wife of his own so he’s happy to watch out for Lucinda at the balls and parties.  The more he’s around Lucinda he realizes she’s the one he wants to marry, but Lucinda is set to marry another. A fun story to read, I loved the characters and the story line. This my honest opinions after I voluntarily read a copy of this book that was provided to me with no requirements for a review.
I was extremely impressed with this book. I shouldn't be that surprised since I am a fan of most of the author's work. Beautiful overall story, great characters, and a "cannot put it down" quality. Absolutely beautiful!
My apologies, but I was not a fan of this story.  I was not able to keep reading past a few chapters.  I look forward to another book from this author.
Fun Regency romance!

A most enjoyable novella that focuses on Gerald, Earl Elliott. We've met him as the secondary character in previous Worthington novels.
Lady Lucinda Hughlot, sister to Lord Elliott's friend the Duke of Rothwell, is to have a season, not that her mother agrees or wants her to for various reasons. Elliott falls in with Rothwell's request to keep an eye on Lucinda and watch out for any suitors not up to snuff. Of course you don't have to be a soothsayer to guess what happens. The getting to the happening though is rather fun. Lucinda is quite a talented woman and Elliott finds himself in an unexpected position.
What no-one knows is that Lucinda's mother has already made plans for whom Lucinda should marry, the Marquis of Quorndon, a friend's son. I rather like Quorndon, even more so when Lucinda lends him a hand towards a different result.
Thankfully Lucinda is not only able to weave her way through her problems, but she has plans to assist with her newly acquired debutante friend's problems as well. No down trodden daughter our Lucinda, rather a managing young woman with a mind of her own--fortunately!
Meanwhile Elliot's mother is doing all she can to get her son married. When we later discover the lengths she's gone to its all rather hilarious.
A NetGalley ARC
Who is the matchmaker? .A short, sweet and very funny story of the perils of finding love with the one you want to marry. Matchmaking mothers aren't the only ones involved in the game. A surprise twist at the end.