A Different Kind of Love

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 18 Oct 2018

An enjoyable read which ticked most boxes for me and kept my attention.

Many thanks,for the advance copy.
I loved this book.  First time reading this author.  The main character is treated poorly but pulls herself up and meets someone who turns her life around.  Inspiring!  I bought this book for my library and will look for other books by this author!
Loved this surprising story of a young girl making her way in the world!  Forging her way, setting into the unknown, leaving the past and her family behind.  Highly recommend!
Perfect summer read! Loved this one!
Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author. All opinions are my own.
Soap opera not at its best. Very disappointing.. I was not able to read the entire book, I skipped many pages an then read the last two chapters and didn’t feel I missed anything. Thanks NetGalley, the publisher and the author for the advanced copy.
I received an ARC of this book from Netgalley. Thank you, Netgalley. This book has been revamped and given a beautiful new look to go along with a beautiful love story. I enjoyed this quick read very much. Unfortunately, the original author passed away in 2011, but she wrote many other books which I plan to read.
All opinions are my own.
Delighted to have an early copy from netgalley in return for an honest review.
What a fabulous  book definitely  5*++
A story of love and trust that went wrong but through  sheer determination  Kate pulled herself up met the very charismatic  Luke the photographer  and life took a very different  turn a nice easy read  that I can highly recommend  to friends.
I did not realize that historical fiction was a very sexually graphic book. I don't read these types of books. I stopped within the first few pages with the main character flashing back to her recent sexual encounters and describing it all.,
Maybe this book will appeal to the 50 shades of Grey readers.
Entertaining and well written,could not put the book down read it over two days.Good use. Of descrption for setting the scene of the book.
The only downside though was the ending got the impression that it ended suddenly,otherwise a good read.
4 Stars

I enjoyed this book..having been treated badly by Walter, Kate meets Luke and transforms her life.  Faces up to her family and get her HEA.  I enjoyed this author I might look for some of her other books.

I was given a copy of this book by Netgallery for my honest review.
Thank you to Netgalley for an advance copy of this book
Written in the 1920's and is about a lady who is jilted by her fiancee.  She lives in the countryside and ends up going on her honeymoon alone to Bournemouth.There she meets a man from London who gives her his address at the end of the week.
She does eventually go to London as she no longer wants to stay at home.She does well, has a job with Luke and lodgings to stay in.
She does fall in love with Luke, but this takes a long time as she feels she is damaged goods. Her fiancee was already married and jilted her so that he didn't commit bigamy.
Interesting read and I would like to read more of this author's books.
Kate Sullivan is jilted on her wedding day by her cad of a fiancé.  Learning that he was already married sent Kate to the fine honeymoon hotel at his expense.  While attempting to accept her circumstance, she meets a handsome stranger.  Set in the 1920s, Kate struggles with the consequences of her intimate relationship with her former fiancé.  She goes off to London to the stranger from her honeymoon.  Her affection for the people she rooms with quickly dissolves any reservations she has about the city in a few short days.  She discovers her beauty, confidence, and love.  Kate learns to allow herself to love again and finds more happiness than she ever thought possible.

The premises of jilted lover meets new man and falls in love again is found in this novel.  The protagonist runs to London to escape the humiliation of being left at the alter and the sins committed before discovering her almost husband’s deceit.  The idea that Kate could never find a man to love her because she was no longer pure was a theme throughout.  It was prevalent in almost all of the scenes.  While it was a good theme, it was almost overwhelming in that it was the focus too often.  The reader should be given credit for remembering that it is an issue.  I would have liked to experience more of the action with Kate instead of so much being focused on dialogue.

The building of the relationship between Kate and Luke was written well.  I would have liked a bit more description though.  Maybe a bit more in the nature of showing rather than telling.  For instance, instead of Kate and Luke always thinking that they are falling in love with each other, I would have rather read about their actions which show this.  For example, after Kate tells Luke that she should have been on her honeymoon, her fear over him finding out that she was jilted seem stilted.  Showing why she was so concerned would have been helpful.  It was apparent and understandable that she did not want him to discover that she was no longer a virgin, though.

Overall, this is a good historical fiction romance novel.  It can be easily read in a short time.  The conflict that needs to be solved is written in a unique fashion and was enjoyable.

I received an eBook from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
This is not my first Jean Saunders novel and definitely will not be my last. I loved the story line and loved the characters of Kate and Luke. Kate was very relatable and I enjoyed how she evolved within the story.
Thank you NetGally for the opportunity to read for my honest opinion.