Cover Image: Saving Meghan

Saving Meghan

Great read! Looking forward to reading more from this author! I highly recommend this book and author to all!
I do not have the words to begin to give justice to this book. OMG!!! This book was soooo good. Talk about grabbing you and not letting go? This is it. The writing and storyline had you guessing and held your attention. This will be a book I will highly recommend to be read. Thanks to NetGalley, the author and the publisher for the arc of this book in return for my honest review. Receiving the book in this manner had no bearing on this review.
This book is great! Would definitely recommend. Thanks so much to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC.
Meghan is a star soccer player from a privileged family.  She has everything, but her health.  She experiences strange symptoms but there is no diagnosis despite seeing the best doctors.  Becky, Meghan’s Mother, loves Megan and will do anything for her, or maybe to her?  Is she the cause of Meghan’s strange symptoms?  Becky is not a likable character. She is pushy and manipulative.

This book kept me guessing til the end.  Couldn’t decide if Becky was the cause of Megans symptoms or not.  Thank you to net galley for an advanced readers copy.
I really enjoyed the first 2/3 of this and thought it was well-paced and had a nice flow. Though the plot has been done a lot recently, I was intrigued and kept flipping pages to see what would happen. Unfortunately I felt like the ending was a bit of a letdown. It seemed contrived and didn’t really make sense to me. An overall ok read.

Many thanks to Netgalley, St. Martin’s Press and D. J. Palmer for my complimentary e-copy ARC in exchange for an honest review. All opinions are my own.
Thank you for the opportunity to read and review this title.

This was an okay book - nothing memorable about the characters or the plot.
RATING: 3.5 STARS
2019; St. Martin's Press

Saving Meghan will have you battling with yourself if Becky has Munchausen syndrome by proxy. This medical drama is well written and has some gripping moments. D.J. Palmer is also known as Daniel Palmer, who writes medical mysteries. I have not read any of them, but he is quite popular. I normally do not gravitate towards medical mysteries, but this novel is kind of changing my mind. If you liked Jodi Picoult's My Sister's Keeper, this medical drama might be right up your alley.

***I received a complimentary copy of this ebook from the publisher through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.***
Can you love your child to death?  Becky and Carl are under suspicion due to the variety of symptoms their daughter Meghan continues to exhibit regardless of medical intervention. Is this a cry for help by Becky or Carol or is there something uniquely wrong with Meghan? Read Saving Meghan and find out! A great read!
The premise of the book was interesting and sadly not uncommon in real life, but what made the book better was the constant twists and turns up until the end. You were never quite sure which direction the author was going to take and how the story was going to end. Some of the dialogue and interactions were a little iffy, but overall it was an interesting read.
It took me much longer to read this book than I had originally anticipated based on the synopsis. Although it began to pick up and gain my interest toward the middle, this book was just excruciatingly slow to read at the beginning. Maybe it was just me, I’ve put it down and come back to it multiple times, and this time was determined to finish it.

Saving Meghan is a good read, although as I mentioned before I feel it was slow to start. As I reached the middle the plot began to twist and became more intriguing and I found myself picking up the book each spare moment I had. I feel that the beginning could’ve used a bit more of that same magic, but all in all if you are a fan of thrillers, and enjoy trying to figure out the “whodunnit” of the mystery, then you will definitely enjoy this book.
In today's world everyone knows what Munchausen syndrome by proxy and this novel questions whether it's caused by that or something much simpler.  I feel like this author is genuinely great at medical thrillers.  this will keep you up at night questioning everything.
Meghan Gerard is sick. Really sick. We've all heard "mother knows best" and there isn't a mother out there that isn't as invested in their child's welfare than Meghan's mother, Becky. In fact, Becky is so focused on finding a diagnosis for Meghan that Meghan has been in and out of hospitals so frequently that people are starting to notice and ask questions. At first, it was all about Meghan's mysterious illness, but now the tables have turned and Becky's parenting has come under fire. Munchausen Syndrome by Proxy is a real disorder where a caretaker makes up symptoms to make it appear a child is sick. This is child abuse and speculation is that Becky is making up Meghan's illnesses. As Meghan is admitted to one hospital after another, more characters and theories are introduced about Meghan's health.

Racing to the end of this novel is full of twists and surprise turns. Thank you, D.J. Palmer for the joyride. Do yourself a favor and pick up a copy!

I received an arc compliments to NetGalley and St. Martin's Press
2.5 stars.  Too many times during this book did I find myself doing an eye roll over some of the stupid dialogue and character's actions.  I did like that you were kept guessing up to the end.
Saving Meghan was great!  I had my thoughts, and they were strong, about many of the characters.  Such a great book!  My book club loved this one!   It made for such a great discussion!  We cannot wait until April for The New Husband!
I received an advanced copy of this book through NetGalley. This book had me from the very beginning. I love that it kept me engaged the entire time. I couldn't wait to see how it ended. I would highly recommend to all my fellow readers. Thank you for the chance to review this book!
Meghan Gerard used to be a normal 15 year old.  She played soccer, had friends, did well in school.  And then she got sick.  Her mother Becky wants answers -- what's wrong with Meghan?  No one seems to be able to diagnose her.  She's now too weak to play soccer, rarely attends school because she doesn't feel well enough to go, has lost most of her friends and mostly stays in bed.

On the surface, Meghan's mom Becky seems like a great mom.  She will fight for her daughter and will not stop until she gets answers from the vast array of doctors they've visited.  But Becky seems to almost be obsessed with Meghan's condition.  She knows how to manipulate each doctor into giving her their personal cell phone numbers.  She spends a lot of her time updating her Facebook group on Meghan's condition.  And events in Becky's past may be affecting her judgment.

Meghan's dad Carl is tired of all the doctor visits and seems to have grown more and more suspicious of Becky's motives.  Is Becky "making" Meghan sick -- either by the power of suggestion, or some other way?

I really enjoyed the twists and turns of this book.
Meghan seems to be sick all the time. Her mom is looking for answers and her dad thinks it is all bs.
The book keeps you on the edge of your seat from the beginning to the end,.

**I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review**
This is a very entertaining book about a very interesting topic.  There was plenty of mystery with lots of twists and turns.  I really enjoyed it.  I received a complimentary copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving this review
I really enjoyed this book! I would recommend if you are interested in medical dramas and/or munchausen by proxy - this is not giving a spoiler as the synopsis does hint at it...however, is that really what's going on in the book? ; )
This was an interesting book about Munchausen syndrome by proxy with many twists and turns.  The story centers around a mother trying to find out what illness her 15-year old daughter has. She suspects it is mitochondrial disease, but as the story progresses, people and doctors start to suspect that the daughter is fine and that the mother has Munchausen syndrome by proxy.  I definitely recommend this book, a good page-turner.