Watching You Excerpt

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Jan 2019

I didn't realize this was an excerpt when I downloaded it and I was able to find the complete book elsewhere. I am clearing my "feedback" shelf so my ratio stays good! Thx.
Gripping excerpt that had me hooked. Watching you unravels a web so intricate you can't put it down until you know what has happened!
I did not know this was an excerpt when I requested it. I am sorry! I was wanting to read the whole book.
Loved the excerpt of Watching You by Lisa Jewell. I ordered the book and it is sitting on the table next to my bed.
Read the excerpt and what a tease it was!!! I wanted to keep reading, and now I just ordered the full book.
Great read and kept you engaged! Lots of mystery and keeps you guessing of who is responsible for what. Dou you really know your neighbors? Can you trust anyone?
Read the excerpt and want more. I currently have this one as my next audible book! Can't wait!
Will have to read this asap!
This made me want more! I finished this excerpt and then grabbed the book the next day! Excellent read!
For me, Lisa Jewell can do no wrong. She is one of my favorite thriller authors. The way Watching You is written gives the reader many point of views to continue to learn and grow with the characters. Not only are we able to paint a picture of the characters, but the gorgeous neighborhood as well. This neighborhood is one that we would all enjoy living in until we start to find out what is going on behind closed doors.
Intriguing - the excerpt was interesting/thrilling enough for me to want to keep reading, and get a hold of the full book. My first experience with Lisa Jewell; so far - so good!
This book really kept me guessing until the end. I loved the character development and their different perspectives. Very entertaining read!
This preview has me hooked. Can’t wait to read the rest of the novel! I love the setting, I can vividly picture the street in my mind. The characters are interesting and I’m excited to learn what happens next
The excerpt was intriguing and Lisa Jewell knows how to write a good story so I promptly bought the book so I could finish!
I loved this book, as I have done with all of Lisa Jewell’s novels. I love how she has grown as an author and how her writing has changed so much since the days of Ralph’s Party. These more recent novels are more intriguing, crime related passionate stories with so much going on. This was one I couldn’t put down. The story focuses on the going’s on in one street and the main character, joey, who is a bit of a mess since her mum died. She is newly married and moved home to live with her brother and his wife with her new husband. She develops a crush on her neighbor, a local school headmaster, who it turns out has a lot more to his story than we can imagine. We also follow two teenage girls and their relationship between each other, their parents and friends. The headmasters son is a complex character who is charming and lends a lot to the overall story. Don’t forget though, there’s a chilling aspect to this book and when it all comes out, a rather sad undercurrent. I did start to guess what would happen as it unravelled, however it was seriously gripping and I could envisage it all playing out in my head. This would make an excellent movie or drama. Another great Lisa Jewell novel, you won’t be disappointed.
This is just an excerpt, but it intrigued me enough that once I finished reading this sample, I immediately put it on hold at my library.  Joey moves back home, with her new husband, after the death of her mother.  They stay in her brother’s spare room and she becomes obsessed with his neighbor.
My final book of 2018 🥂 🍾 was another Advanced Readers Copy. Thank you @atriabooks!! 👏🏻👏🏻
Lisa Jewell is an amazing author. I’ve read several of her other novels 📕📗📘. Here’s a little about her latest, Watching You, 👀 👀 that was released on December 26.
Imagine a neighborhood 🏡 🏠 where everyone is just a little creepy ⚰️ 👻 and secretive 🤫 in their own way. We learn early on that there’s been a murder ☠️💀in this quaint, nice neighborhood🏘🏚. Jewell leaves us to question ⁉️not only who was murdered 🤷‍♀️, but who did it 🙅🏼‍♀️🙋🏼‍♀️🤦🏼‍♀️?!?!
Event after event 🕐🕗🕜throughout the novel 📚 leads the reader to question ❓every character. Each one of them is a suspect👉🏻👆🏻👈🏻...or were they the one murdered 💀☠️??
Overall I feel it was a great suspense/thriller. I always enjoy a Lisa Jewell novel. My only drawback on this one was that it was a little predictable 💭. I’ve enjoyed her others more so than this one.
Here’s to more books in 2019!!!
From what I got to read I really enjoyed it. It wasn't the whole story. However now I want to read it. I've already been recommending it to all my friends♡♥
Love Lisa Jewell books  and enjoyed this easy read - plenty of characters and a light read.
Read in one day!
Omgosh. I cannot wait to get my hands on this full book. Reading an excerpt was not enough. I’ve read Lisa Jewell before and loved her writing. Watching You is looking like it will not disappoint me, or other fans. Thank you Netgalley for the preview.
In the neighborhood of Melville Heights, it seems neighbors are watching each other.  For some, it is a harmless hobby, but for others it is a dangerous obsession. The plot revolves   around the neighbors watching each other. The characters were fascinating and unique. What I loved most was how Lisa Jewell slowly revealed nuggets of information so the reader can begin to figure out who is guilty. It is as if she gives you all the pieces to a puzzle and the reader has to put them together.

The plot moves quickly between present day and the past.  This is a great “edge of your seat” read that will not disappoint Jewell fans.