Stitched with Love Romance Collection

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 01 Apr 2019

I received a copy from Net Galley for an Honest review. Seven mini novels Elsa, Betsy, Samantha, Diana, Brigit, Deborah and Lou have faced the situation of being lost in their faith or searching for a husband. Despite challenges of pioneer days these women rely on their faith in God to help them meet the challenges of the days ahead.  A common thread of friendship and quilting patterns ties the women together. Years later Leah trusts in the quilt to help her I. Times of need. each woman overcomes adversity and emerges with a stronger faith
I received this ARC from the publisher via Netgalley for my honest opinion.

What a lovely collection, each story is truly beautiful and God center. The first four stories are in a small town call: Hickory Corners about four women that are part of a  sewing circle. I won't get into particulars since I dislike spoilers alert. But I did make myself one question about the first story about Elsa: I'm happy or just comfortable?. Because I think that was one of the things that happen with Elsa, you get used to a situation and you kinda don't see yourself in other places. Now, my favorite quote of this story was on.

" Our focus is to desire to do God's will to love things our Heavenly father, He wants the very best for us. By trusting in His will, we will live in the faith that through we through trails and tested, God will bless us in His own time and way".

And what about of Annie, I'm allowing fear to steal my dreams?. Samantha.  Forgiveness is necessary. Diana learns that pride can take you away from the chance of a lifetime. Now, Bridgit story is very interesting. Because I'm pretty sure that we all feel or maybe we still do. That we need to change in order to be more, I don't know you name it. But this story remaind me, we are perfect in our own imperfections. God loves us as we are.

Now we move onto No Man's Land and we meet Stafford's family. Deborah a mail order bride without a groom and some surprises. Lou story is lovely, the tomboy-girl that finds out more about herself and on the road finds love and a family. Rachel while running for life and meet Josh and everything change. I like this advice: Have faith and patience. And finally, we meet Leah, who is a widow with a ten-year-old son, she is struggling and recently let go from a job. She was bitter and resent to God, but then she meets Max. Second chance and redemption.

So, if you like. Good Christian books, family, friends,  clean romance, a lot of funny situations and tons of good bible verse that can help you and encourage you. This book is definitely for you!
I really enjoyed this collection of stories. I loved that the first couple all went together and that you can see where the previous characters go in life.
This historical novella collection centers around love stories that have elements of quilting or sewing in each of them.  As someone who enjoys similar pursuits, I particularly enjoyed this aspect of them.   Novella collections are a fun way to find new favorite authors to read and this collection contains stories from some of the best  Christian fiction writers out there.

Several of the novellas take place in the same little town of Hickory Corners and the same small group of friends, which was a bonus in having been previously introduced to each of them.  These four stories were amongst my favorite, and I recommend these charming tales.

I received an ARC from NetGalley for this my honest review.
Christian historical romances. With these authors you simply cannot go wrong! Pick up this book and settle in with some people whom you're really going to like. It's made up of several stories and I'm glad that a few are woven together, then a couple more woven in their own town and time, then wrapping back somewhat. Lessons of faith and bible throughout. Really good stories to get lost in.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher and Netgalley book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
Love these collections every time. This was no exception. Each story was sweet and interesting, even if they're not overly original/creative. Would read them again.
A great collection of historical novellas.  I enjoyed each selection.  All of the stories are well written with good plots.  I highly recommend this book.  I received an arc from the publisher via Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
An entertaining collection of stories from an all-star lineup of authors who know how to write a great story!  I always look forward to reading these kinds of collections from Barbour, and this collection does not disappoint.  Although it’s hard to pick a favorite, Cathy Marie Hake’s story was my favorite.  I loved Betsy and her family and was glad she found her happily-ever-after.  Take time to read this collection and find your favorite story, too.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own.
Absolutely loved this book.   The way the stories intertwined was magic.   As with most Amish fiction,  thatsvwhat I kost admire of the writers.
There are nine novellas composing this book.  They all have some kind of sewing or quilting in the storyline.  Each book is stitched together by wonderful authors who are masters at creating a wonderful story that is both sweet and clean.  These are stories make you feel good at their conclusion and ready to move on to the next story in the collection.  Each story takes place earlier in history, most in the 1800s when most communities had people who typically lived at a slower pace and were kind and helpful to one another.

If you are looking for a wonderful compilation of stories by amazing authors, you will enjoy this Stitched with Love collection.

I was given an arc of this book to read and I offer my honest review willingly.
I have read quite a few of these collections and this one was also very good and connected with sewing and quilting.  There are nine sweet stories and historical romance.   I love the values in this Christian themed book and will continue to look for these collections.

I received an ebook copy from NetGalley.  All thoughts are my own.
With "Stitched with Love" Barbour Publishing is presenting nine historical courships that are taking place in the sewing parlor. "Tumbling Blocks" by Andrea Boeshaar is taking place in March 1837 in Hickory Corners, Ohio. Shane Gerhard needs to marry Elsa Fritch to get his inheritance. He doesn't plan on a real marriage since he only cares for his money. Elsa does not like him, she is already engaged, and Shane is not a Christian. How ill things work out for them?
Cathy Hake's first novella is "Old Maid's Choice" which also takes place in Hickory Corners.  Betsy Larkin is responsible for her younger siblings and does not belief that she will ever get married. Tyson Walker is the new black smith. What will it take for Betsy to see that he loves her and her family? Hake's second novella is "Basket Stitch". Deborah Preston arrives in summer 1986 in No Man's Land, situated between Kansas and Texas, to marry her fiancé Justin Travis, but he was killed in a stampede. She ends up in the home of Lou and her family. She tries to stay against all odds. Lou's brother Micah wants her to leave, but that is not possible. What will happen to Deborah?
In "Jacob's Ladder" by Pamela Kaye Tracy Samantha Thomason has problems in 1888 in Hickory corner to accept that her father is getting married again. Jacob Stahl secretly loves Samantha. Will Jacob be accepted as a suitor for Samantha?
"Four Hearts" is written by Sally Laity. Diana Montclair is coming back to Hickory Corners although she never truly considered it home. Her first tentative visit to the Tuesday sewing circle helps her to get settled a little. Brady Forbes always seems to stick his foot in his mouth in her presence. He feels socially lower than her. Dandy Martin Crabtree is convinced that she ought to marry him and live in a big city. Who will win her heart?
"Marry for Love" by Janet Spaeth takes place in the Dakota Territory in 1879. Birgit Streeter farms with her father because he mother died at her birth. She is a better farmer than a house wife. Reverend Peter Collins is new in town. He is interested in Birgit, but she does not plan to marry. What will happen?
The first novella by Tracey V. Bateman is "Double Cross" which takes place in 1886 in No Man's Land. Lou Stafford deals with her brothers while encountering the circuit preacher Trent Chamberlain. He cares for two orphans, Timmy and Davy. There are also the four sons of the Testament family who will resort to kidnaping to get their brides. To whom will Lou belong? In the second novella "The Coat" Leah Halliday, a young widow, and her friends Susan and Janie lost their jobs. Leah asks herself how she can care for her son Collin who is being bullied in school. Max Reilly is the headmaster of Collin's school. He is a great help to Collin, but will events in his past influence his relationship with Leah?
"Spiderweb Rose" by Vickie McDonough takes also place in No Man's Land in spring 1882. Rachel Donovan camps with her injured grandfather after having lost their horses disguised as a boy. Josh Stafford finds them and takes them to the Stafford's ranch. Will Rachel and her grandfather continue their trip?
I enjoyed these novellas that are very well written and present a good variety. I highly recommend this collection to anybody who wants to have a fast enjoyable read.

The complimentary copy of this book was provided by the publisher through NetGalley free of charge. I was under no obligation to offer a positive review. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
#StitchedWithLoveCollection	#NetGalley
These 9 historical romances tell stories of struggle, trials and doubts. Tracie V. Bateman, Cathy Marie Hake, Andrea Boeshaar, Sally Laity, Vickie McDonough, Janet Spaeth and Pamela Kaye Tracy weave stories that catch your interest and claim your heart! I was sorry when I finished the last one and wished there were more! Inspirational and warm, they cheered my days as I read them.
This is a sweet set of short stories that are Christian fiction, romance. The gender roles tend to be very traditional, but the writing is clean and flows well. There are some stories that are weaker than others but overall the collection fulfills its genre. It is just not a genre I usually read, as I found it a little repetitive and heavy handed with the morality and traditional gender roles.
A great collection of 9 books piecing together a great courtship and life. As 9 strong women find men they think they are not good enough – but find away to make love work. I enjoyed this collection since its a great way to get a taste of new authors and renew friendships with other authors writing . -Sewing,quilting and reading the perfect afternoon past time
9 historical courtships of lives pieced together with seamless love. In these 9 novella length stories 9 women have found their own niche in life and they aren't going to change, not even for a man. They may be a bit quirky but that's just who they are and they are just ahead of their time thinking wise. Now these delightful women may think they are undeserving of a man because of their circumstances but it's simply not true. Finding the right fit in love and life is never easy. These young women have found the courage to be themselves. Enjoy the stories of strong,courageous women who weave together their faith and love into their lives seamlessly. Loved it!
Pub Date 01 Jan 2019
I received a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Publishing through NetGalley. Thank you. All opinions expressed are my own.
Stitched with Love Collection by various authors is a wonderful set of stories set in the 1800’s and each focusing on a unique bride. S0ome are continuations of the previous story as friends find love. There are nine stories in this collection and each is unique in that each bride and groom are very different and have sometimes one has been sure they are not suited to each other.
Ii loved this book. It is nice to have short stories as I can read a whole story and then take a break. It was hard though as I wanted to keep reading until I finished the book. The bride in each story, along with the other characters, are so realistic they jump off the pages. I wholeheartedly give this book 5 of 5 stars. It is so well written it draws you in to the stories and you feel like you are there and know the people in the story. I could feel the brides’ angst and wanted to hug some of them as they fretted over their grooms. I think this collection will appeal to a wide audience.
I received an advance copy of this book through Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
This is one of my favorite things to read. I love a good collection of novels or short stories by an assortment of writers. For me this is one of the best ways to learn about a new author. I was familiar with over half of these ladies and enjoy them very much. Next to reading, quilting and sewing is my next favorite past time. For that reason this collection was extra exciting to me. I had previously read a couple of these stories, but I enjoyed them just as much the second time around. I thought this was the perfect Historical Christian romance collection. It has something for everyone.

I received a copy of this book from Barbour Publishing through NetGalley. My opinions expressed in this review are my own.
Stitched With Love is a very charming collection of novellas.  One of the reasons I was initially attracted to this particular book is my love of sewing and quilting, which was a unifying theme to the stories.  The Barbour Collections are always enjoyable, and they provide an opportunity to read known to us authors and to try new authors. Some of the stories have settings in common, including four set in Hickory Corners, as we follow the tales of four young women in this small frontier town.  The novellas were entertaining and pleasing with an unfolding romance in a historical setting and, in some, personal growth or redemption. Among my favorites were Spiderweb Rose by Vickie McDonough and Old Maid's Choice by Cathy Marie Hake.  I received a complimentary copy of this book from the publisher, through NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
Stitched with Love is a collection of nine historical stories. These stories include:
Tumbling Blocks by Andrea Boeshaar
Basket Stitch by Cathy Marie Hake
Double Cross by Tracey V Bateman
Spiderweb Rose by Vickie McDonough
The Coat by Tracey V Bateman
I enjoyed this collection. The stories are sweet, clean and delightful. My favorite story would be a tie between Vickie McDonough's Spiderweb Rose and Tracey V Bateman's Double Cross.
I give this collection four and a half stars.