Cover Image: Come and Get Me

Come and Get Me

Come and Get Me by August Norman is suspenseful mystery thriller.  Caitin Bergman is a strong and dynamic female lead character.  Many twists and turns.  Unique and quirky secondary characters....definitely need Lubbers to help solve a mystery. Fast paced exciting read.
Loved this!

A gem of a read, which kept me coming back for more.

Thrilling, darkly comic and exciting.

A must read for a fan of the thriller genre
Loved this book and it was gripping at times. Id maybe have liked to have seen more text written from the kidnappers perspective but that’s a tiny slight on what is a great book that’s well written and very descriptive. It’s a book that has two small stories intertwining which had me turning page after page after page. I’d recommend this book to anyone who likes a good thriller.
If you read one book in 2019, make sure it’s Come and Get Me by August Norman.

A fast-paced, thriller with enough twists to give you whiplash and a narrative so masterfully created, it’s hard to believe that this is a debut novel.
I’m completely obsessed with the Caitlin Bergman, who is a strong-willed journalist and lead character in what is the first of a series of books featuring her. Damaged, badass, strong and witty, she is a real hero and just one example of the brilliantly crafted characters in this book, you feel like you’ve known every person in this book for years by the time you turn the last page. I was amazed... and at times absolutely terrified by the (completely unexpected) antagonist- there where points where he made my blood run cold- another sign of excellent writing.

Finally the presentation of Caitlin’s struggle with mental illness and panic attacks caused by a severe past trauma was done with such honesty and realism is truly impressive and a feature (as someone who can relate to some of Caitlin’s feelings) I really appreciated.
This novel hasn’t even been released yet, but I eagerly await the next instalment in the Caitlin Bergman series.
Come and Get Me will be released in April 2019.
Thank you to NetGalley for the chance to read this masterpiece of a debut novel.
This book is incredible! I couldn’t put it down (and when I had to, I was thinking about it and where it might be going). A fast-paced thriller that follows a damaged reporter from her troubled past to her present demons. When she thinks she’s helping a young apprentice work on a story that hits close to home, she quickly falls center of it and becomes part of the narrative. You will not be disappointed.
I'm truly impressed with this book. It was a riveting, twisted and unputdownable book. I was completely hooked right from the start; this book gave me all the thrills and chills I look for in a suspense/thriller while also leaving me on the edge with its accurate and such realistic portrayal of emotions.
This book is about Catlin Bergman, an award-winning journalist who returns to her university to receive an honorary award but ends up getting tangled with an old case concerning a missing student. While Caitlin, being the genius that she is, follows the clues to solving the disappearance of the student, little does she know she puts herself on the hunter's radar. I really love how the characters in this book are built and depicted, the emotions they undergo and their responses to life-changing events. The last of chapter 33 really got to me (You'll know once you read this book)!
I also found the cover of this book to be really intriguing yet creepy!
I highly recommend this book and author and will eagerly look forward to the next book by August Norman!
I got a copy of this book from NetGalley and this is my honest review.
I really enjoyed this book I couldn't put it down. It had me on the edge of my seat.  It had me in suspense. A really good read would recommend everyone to read this book
Loved every second of this novel. The characters, the plot, the action- I could imagine it as if it were on screen. Would love more Caitlin novels (especially if Mike shows up, too). Highly recommend this awesome thriller!
I absolutely loved this novel. It’s a fabulously written story. This is a fast paced thriller. The author kept me guessing throughout the entire book. It has a masterfully plotted storyline and a tough, relatable woman as its central character. Caitlin, is a woman who intensely seeks justice and battles back against the men who try to make her a victim. Great read. I loved it. My thanks to Netgalley for the advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
Caitlin Bergman has never forgotten what happened to her in college, but she’s managed to build a very successful career as a journalist. Now she’s been invited back to her alma mater to receive an honorary degree. She’s hoping her time there will help her lay old ghosts to rest, but instead she gets embroiled in the case of a missing student.  Reminded all to well of her own ordeal, she makes a connection with a local detective on the case, never forgetting his department is the same one that destroyed her own case years earlier. But Caitlin is older and wiser this time, and she’s not going to back down or go away quietly, even if it means risking her own life.  Norman constructs an intricate mystery and places a strong, independent woman in the center to let her save not only another woman, but herself as well
I received an ARC via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.

Caitlin Bergman, international best seller and journalist.  Twenty years ago she left Indiana University because she was rape and now she back to receive her graduate diploma. As she deal with her demons she decide to write her own story about her rape. It just to sad that women out here are to afraid to come forward when sexually assaulted in fear of not being believe and having it turn back on you.

As she get sidetrack from her own story she agree to help a fellow journalist find her missing friend who went missing two years earlier  as they dig deeper they expose a drug ring.

The story doesn't end there because you have another twist Caitlin seems to have a stalker which will lead her into finding what really happen to a missing Angela Chapman.

This is such a good read I didn't put it down until I was finish, it had great twist and turns with strong female character who had her demons but continue to try overcome them can't wait for the next book.

PS
I hope in the next book she give it to the Cops and FBI because they were pissing me off.
You know when you've been in a funk and just can't get attached to anything you read?

Yeah, that won't happen when you read Come and Get Me by August Norman.

I started reading one night when I couldn't sleep. That was a mistake. I finally stopped ready by 5am ... lol. Yes, I was a tad tired the next day, but it was totally worth it.

Come and Get Me is tight, enticing, seductive with its taunts and twists - every time I thought I knew what was happening, that I'd peeled back the layers and understood where the author was taking me on this journey, I found out I was wrong. This is a psychological suspense novel that doesn't disappoint. I was immediately sucked into the backstory of journalist Caitlin Bergman - perhaps because I understood the demons she fought - and felt enticed to get to know her more. She wasn't person, screwed up a lot, but was more real than a lot of characters I've bee reading lately.

I really enjoyed August Norma's writing style. It pulled me in without weighing me down. His writing was tight, descriptive and I found myself going back over sentences and phrases because of the depth in them. When I say this story is seductive with it's taunts and twists...I mean it. The author pulls you in, wraps you tight in the embrace of his words and then teases and taunts you while taking you on a twisted journey.

Do I recommend this book? Absolutely. Pre-order it now. Honestly. Don't wait.
This was a great novel, first in a series, about a damaged journalist, a missing girl, and Indiana University. What’s not to love? Author August Norman skillfully weaves Bloomington, IN landmarks and watering holes throughout. From Lennie’s to Kilroy’s to Nick’s, the best of IU culture is represented as Caitlin Bergman returns to receive her degree after 20 years, and stays to solve a missing person case. There is a great deal of action and suspense, and I appreciate the publisher and NetGalley allowing me to be an early reader in exchange for my honest review. Can’t wait for book #2!
I was surprised at the end of this book to find out that the author is male. It is written in the first person from a womans point of view. Very decsriptive and right on target from a womans point of very.

I absolutely loved this novel. It was a fast paced thriller of a ride that had me guessing and back pedalling every couple of chapters. I love the fact that the main character was a journalist. A strong woman that had to deal with a lot for many years.

Caitlin Bergman, international best seller and journalist. Helped uncover an international drug cartel in Los Angeles, is back at her former University to receive her graduate diploma that she was 4 weeks from finishing when she left. Without meaning to she announces that she is in town to help put her own story of rape into her next best seller, the reason that she left the school 20 years previous and never finished her degree. Before she realizes it she is staying much longer than the two days she had planned on and is helping local law enforcement and student journalist with the story of Angela Chapman, a young woman who went missing two years ago. All while fighting her own demons that have been haunting her for 20 years.

This novel was a fantastically written story. With many twists and turns, at some points I couldn't put it down. I loved the way the story unfolded and the way the author helps the main character slowly find closure of her own rape, with a little helps from old and new friends. And a little romance on the side never hurt anything!