Cover Image: Ice Hot

Ice Hot

This was one steamy read. very very steamy! wow. The writing flowed well. This one did not disappoint.
Steamy. Steamy. And dare I say more?? Yes! STEAMY. Holy hot damn this was soooooo passionate and lustful!
Christian is a hockey God to both men and women. When he goes into a convince store and the moment they meet is brought to us by a blue Slurpee incident. This makes him feel horrible and yet she makes him out to be the one with wobbly feet when not on the ice. You find as the story goes along it is also when he is around her.
 Her being Serena who does think he is attractive but figures why would he want to date her? She does not want or need his money but after they kiss she really wants to be with him. Everything would be good except for a player on the team who is jealous of Christian. He is making everything difficult for Serena to be together with him and when items and stories are being posted on the internet about her size he has now crossed the line. Will Christian stand up for her and himself or will he allow the bullying to continue. For the most part, I enjoyed the story and the characters. What I did not care for was all of the extra bulling I felt some of it was over the top especially towards Serena but that is just my opinion. Blue Slurpee and everything else this was a good book.
Sports romance at it’s finest.
Christian is a chiseled from stone hockey player. Serena is soft and curvy but tough as nails. Together they sizzle off the page. Chris is attentive, protective and tender with her. Their story is not a straight line from meeting to HEA, which I appreciate.
This was okay. The writing flowed well for the most part, but I was turned off from the story by Serena. Her fixation on something that happened when she was 16 was a little much for me. As a grown woman, the fact that you let a jerk from high school determine how you live your life is a too much. Also the continuing references to her being fat, or not having a normal body, got old. Even though this wasn't a book for me, I would be willing to read this author again.
I voluntarily reviewed an advanced readers copy of this book.
Christian was such a hot hockey player who hate the meet cute of dumping a slurpee on the object of his lust at their first meeting.  Serena found Chris to be sweet and not just any hockey player. Making their relationship work with all the stress from outside forces of being on a new expansion team in NJ and Serena's extended family.  Chris and Serena went on such cute dates and were so loving together. Loved the start to this series and can't wait to read more.
Christian: They call me a hockey god because I’m a beast on the ice . . . and off. Men want to be me and women just want me. But now that the New York Nighthawks expect me to lead their team to victory, it’s all work and no play. My eyes are on the prize. Until I meet Serena Ellis, a sexy, curvalicious blonde who doesn’t know me from jack. And just like that, I’m hooked.
Serena: I don’t do one-night stands—especially with celebrity jocks who date models. Lots of models. But the god of hockey is a temptation that’s hard for mere mortals to resist. And after the best kiss of my life, I’m ready to throw my one-night stand rule out the window. Except Christian Chase won’t let me. He doesn’t want a one-night stand. He wants it all.
I’m not really sure why I requested this book. I think part of it was the sports-theme, but I really don’t like it when the main hero is a lothario and suddenly finds the one woman who he suddenly is ready to give it all up. I do occasionally read them in hopes that the writer makes something compelling enough to make me enjoy the book. Unfortunately that didn’t really work for this story.
**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book
I like to read realistic stories with realistic characters and this is one.
Sure the hero is a hockey star but the heroine was the most realistic in my world, may be I don’t know many rich designers but I do have plenty of size 12 & 14 and heavier. There was also lot’s of chemistry and with Serena’s confident attitude and fun makes for an entertaining story! Looking forward to more from this series!
I started to read the book, but found it was not my style.  I found it boring, so did not finish.  There was good writing but the excessive sex scenes put me off.
sweet and sexy hockey romance.  there are some great supporting characters in addition to two fun and fairly down to earth main characters.
I love sports romances. After a awkward first meeting involving a slushy, and a second encountering, a one night stand ensues between Serena and Christian. I honestly didn't think that the chemistry was great between them. Serena kept accusing Christian of groping her. In the end it was ok.

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book provided by NetGalley.
I love reading sports romance novels and this one did not disappoint. I look forward to reading even more by this author.
Even though I don't play sports as does no one around me, I really enjoy a few different sports stories. Ones about hockey is one of those. I had hope for this one, but unfortunately I didn't love it. I ended up stopping it because it just wasn't working for me. The characters felt immature and things that were happening in the story just didn't make sense.
Ice Hot by Tracy Goodwin is the first book in the New York Nighthawks hockey series. I love hockey books and the blurb intrigued me. Sadly, it didn’t work for me.

Christian has been called up to lead the new NY Nighthawks expansion team. He’s building it from the ground up, and it’s a lot more pressure than he anticipated. The only bright spot turns out to be dumping an Icee on an unsuspecting woman in a parking lot. Serena isn’t big on one night stands, but when she runs into Christian again (not literally this time, thank goodness), she can’t help but take him home. He might be a player, but she wants him between the sheets. Only Christian wants more from Serena. She thought she was getting a one-night stand. He’s determined to make it last.

I ended up quitting this book around page 70. The characters were both really immature and the writing drove me crazy. Christian would say and do things that were so silly and strange, it pulled me out of the story. He was supposedly a killer hockey player, but he lacked confidence.

I toss a hundred-dollar bill on the wood-grained counter to get the bartender’s attention. She orders a Gray Goose on the rocks with lime. I order the same. I probably won’t drink it, though. I ordered it to impress her, or to fit in with her. I can’t quite figure out which.

The way the heroine acted in the beginning didn’t make sense to me, either. She had attitude for days, and immediately accused him of trying to grope her. Then later, she hides in her bedroom to talk to him on the phone, while her friends listen at the keyhole. These are adults who own their own business. Not teenagers.

I wasn’t curious enough about the romance to power through. I’m pretty sure this is a debut novel, so I might try something by the author in the future.

Rating: DNF
After a meet cute at a gas station in which hockey player Christian dumps his slushy on Serena, the two spark a steamy romance.  The problem is that Christian is always in the spotlight, and Serena may not be able to handle having a social media target on her back constantly.  Add in a team member that is causing drama for Christian, and the couple may have more than they can handle.

I really enjoyed this first title in the new series.  I loved both characters and found them realistic and the social media aspect highly relatable.  I received an ARC in exchange for my honest review.
This book did not lack for the steam factor that is for sure. And the writing was okay. This book however did not catch my interest quick enough. I am honestly afraid as a reader, I am getting a bit burned out on hockey romances. No matter how steamy.

I voluntarily reviewed a copy of this book provided by NetGalley.
Rarely do I “DNF”, but this one was just too immature for me. Couldn’t engage with the characters...if this was classified as YA, it would have made more sense.

Thank you NetGalley and Random House/Loveswept for an advance reader copy in exchange for an honest review.
I enjoyed this romance between Chris and Serena. Serena’s sass and her mission showing the world that “real is beautiful” was what made me love her. Christian is broken and all about hockey, but meeting Serena is fate and just what he needs.
The emotional roller coaster was great but I do think some of the things were drawn out a bit and wordy.
I would recommend this book.
Truly enjoyed this book. entertaining plot, characters I actually liked, and a satisfying ending. I look forward to more books by this author.
I love Tracy Goodwin books.  Always a fun read to get your mind off of your life going on.  Another great book.  Excellent character development and the settings were perfect.