Day of the Dragon

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 25 Feb 2019

Old legends and new realities along with the Dragons set the tale for this book. Interesting read and intrigued as to the dragons.
Ebook from netgalley and publishers with thanks. Opinions are entirely my own.
I loved reading this story! The characters and storyline, as always, were very well done. It is always fun to read about new characters and a new set of dragons. I recommend this story and series to everyone. I give Day of the Dragon: Two full books for the price of one (Dragon Hunter Book 2) 5/5 stars.
I love Katie McAllister's humour and this book have loads of it. But it also has heart. The pairing is especially interesting with lots of chemistry between them.
I am not a fan of this series. I hate to pull I miss the old Kanye, but I prefer her other dragon's to the ones in this world. It's not horrible, but it's just not that good.
Katie MacAlister had a talent for making me laugh so hard my dog gets mad and finds some place safer to sleep, and this book was no different. Great steam, great dialogue and banter, and a great storyline (Hello? Dragons!) If you're into paranormal shifter stories, you're going to love this one. Set against a phenomenal world and blended with mysticism and romance, the story of Mr. Tall Dark and Infuriating is one that you aren't going to want to miss!
Good paranormal/fantasy romance is hard to find and this did not disappoint! This was such a fun romp with the right balance of action & romance,
This is hard for me to assess because there were a lot of things I liked about it, but I felt like I was left in the lurch on a lot of plot points that never went anywhere but seemed that they should have... What I enjoyed most about this book was the back and forth between the main characters -- as with the HRs I have read by this author, she does a great job with witty dialogue throughout the story. Thaisa and Archer had really good chemistry, and I do love the steamy goodness! Overall, I liked it, but I wasn't blown away.
Katie MacAlister never disappoints. I love her books. This one was just as good as the others. I enjoyed every moment of it!
Real scholars know that supernatural beings don't exist. But the moment I meet Archer Andras of the Storm Dragons, all my academic training goes out the window. Thanks to Mr. Tall, Dark, And Infuriating, I'm learning that I really should worry about those things that go bump in the night. . . and that dragons like Archer are 100 percent pure trouble. Now I'm caught in the middle of a war. On one side is Archer. On the other is his twin brother. And I am the key to translating an ancient text that could bring balance-or deadly ruin-to our world. But none of that is as dangerous as the seriously sexy sparks between Archer and me. He's too tempting to be real. Too gorgeous to trust. And when it comes to dragons, there's no smoke without deadly fire.
I hadn't read this author in a long time. She’s one of my favorites for Dragon Shifter books so I was REALLY excited to get one of her books on Netgalley. Her books tend to be normal, imperfect, yet strong heroines who put their alpha males in their places. These two main characters definitely fell into those character types. The story was good enough. For some reason I did struggle to get through it a little though. I look forward to reading more from this author.
**I voluntarily read and reviewed this book
I am an avid fan of MacAlister's Aisling Grey stories and thought to dive right in on this book, Why, you ask? Because DDDDRRAAGGGOOONSSS! I love them, Lol. In this book we have Archer Andras and Thaisa. I have to say that it took me a while to read this book, there were some lull moments and I just couldn't get into it, Archer needs help in stopping his brother who is causing all sorts of problems in his territory. He is tasked in finding a scroll that Thaisa so happens to have. Thaisa is a world class linguist and historian, together all with all sorts of other things happening they embark on a journey that will allow Thais to transcribe the scroll, unlocking Archer's full Dragon potential. I did find numerous parts of the story funny and the sexual chemistry between them was hot! After all he is a dragon, Lol. An enjoyable read, that seemed rushed towards the end and left out parts of the story missing, in my opinion. I liked it, I was just looking for something more? 3.5 stars*****

****I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book provided by NetGalley*****
Day of the Dragon:
Its a little difficult to describe Day of the Dragon without giving anything away. There are a lot of twists and turns to old tropes that keep the plot moving and fresh. I thought the new twist on the rival dragon clan to be an interesting one. The family dynamic that ran throughout the story was exceptional. i was left feeling a little let down regarding the information provided regarding the hero's mother. She never became an identity though everyone else did, including the fire. It left me feeling less like she was a woman with her own story and more like she was a convenient plot device. Considering how much I adore Katie MacAlister's work, that was probably more of a let down than if someone else had done the same thing. The dialogue was well done and at parts I found myself laughing loudly and reading it to family members. The heroine was a delight. I found her very well-developed with a sincere and not overly done conflict with friends and potential glass ceilings within her field while still showing the moral "evil" that some women face as well as humaitys ability to become their own worst monsters. Overall, I enjoyed the book and definitely recommend it.

Wolf's Mate:
This is the first book I've read by Celia Kyle and I absolutely loved it. You are introduced to a mix of shifters working as a military or high end security styled team. The difference between them and your typical group is that the group isn't made up of your typical good guys. Instead, these guys are ones that were recruited for their skills after they had led a life down a much darker path. Like Suicide Squad, they're the bad guys doing good that you don't want to see fail. You cheer for them, love them, and long for them to find their happy ending. It allows them to step outside of the expected since you don't know what limits they have or how deep loyalty among them when tested. The heroine had a sassy mix of independence, skepticism, and damsel in distress that allowed for humorous and nail biting situations. It was an appreciated combination that wouldn't allow me to put the book down. This is the first book in a series and I can't wait to read more from this author.

Thank you to Forever (Grand Central Publishing), Katie MacAlister, Celia Kyle, and NetGalley for giving me the chance to read these books and share my honest thoughts and opinions with others.
Day of the Dragon was an enjoyable fun read. I like MacAlister's books are always like this. If you have ever picked up one of her books you know the females are going to be kick but and the males will be antiquated and have to adopt to their modern woman.

Celia Kyle's book was okay I remember reading one of her past books and  enjoying it. This was okay. I was bored and really didn't care for the relationships.
Who doesn’t love a good dragon tale? MacAlister delivers again with another gut-busting, action packed dragon hunter novel to add to her back-list. Where book 1 gave us a human thrust into the role of a dragon hunter, DOTD focuses on a dragon shifter and his quest to save his lineage. Under the direction of his wayward cousin, Archer Andras is now on the hunt for a dragon scroll that tells the tale of his birth (alongside his brother’s) and how it split the dragon lineage apart in to two factions that are now at war. The scroll holds the key top unlocking Archer’s full potential as a dragon hunter, one prophesied. But the scroll is in the hands of one delectable human that Archer can’t seem to get his mind off of. Now he’s fighting for more than just his own namesake, now he’s fighting for his mate.

Thaisa, a secretly world-class translator and historical extraordinaire, has some wacky friends. When a much needed girl’s night out leads to dragon and magic talk, she’s convinced she needs to head home. But when she arrives, a man claiming to have purchased a new, rare scroll is there to collect. Dashing and devilishly handsome, Archer talks Thaisa into letting him take the scroll but it’s the biggest mistake of her career. Under her boss’s threat to retrieve it, she has to navigate a new world she’s never even dreamed of. Dragons, fairies, magic, and demons are all a new part of her world and Thaisa is stuck right in the middle of it. All the while Archer is by her side warming her with his dragon fire and tempting her to leave it all behind. Despite the world of magic, in order to save Archer’s people, their future, and even Thaisa’s Gran (threatened by her boss), only Thaisa holds the key to translating the scroll to unleash Archer’s true power.

Filled with the typical wit and humor from any MacAlister book, this fantastical story reminded me a bit of King Arthur. A runaway prince, dreaming of finding his true destiny and a lovely maiden to tie it all together. This is true fantasy wonderfully melded with the modern world. Rocking side hicks, hilarious hi-jinks, and demon battles to keep even the slowest reading flipping the pages faster and faster. Another truly wonderful addition to the massive library that is MacAlister’s fantasy romance come to life!
Katie MacAlister has a few successful dragon shifter series under her belt. Her combination of sexy romance combined with action and laughs has made for some enjoyable reads for me in the past, and I’m happy to say that this new release, Day of the Dragon, delivers another equally entertaining escape.

Sibling rivalry is taken to extremes when it comes to brothers Archer and Hunter. A tragic family history resulted in the two brothers being separated at birth and now they’re arch-enemies leading rival outcast dragon clans. Archer leads the Storm Dragons and his ranks have been decimated lately. He blames Hunter and his Shadow Dragons and they have been unable to come to a truce.

Both brothers want to get their hands on a medieval manuscript that purports to describe an ancient dragon artefact, but in their way is Thaisa, a medieval scholar who works at the antique shop that has the treasure, and the only person who can decipher the encrypted text. Thaisa recently had a chance encounter at a bar with a man she’s dubbed ‘Mr. Tall, Dark and Infuriating’. When that man, who happens to be Archer, shows up after hours at the shop to steal the manuscript, Thaisa recognizes him. Suddenly she’s caught up in a supernatural struggle with dragons and demons and sprites – oh my! Can she solve the mystery of the manuscript and bring about a happy ending for the brothers, and an HEA of her own?

I know to expect a low angst, laugh-out-loud reading experience with Katie MacAlister and that’s exactly what you’ll get here, with some interesting world building and a mystery that gets solved over the course of the story. There are some fun twists and turns, some unexpected surprises and of course, a sexy romance for Archer and Thaisa. The existence of supernatural beings is a shock Thaisa gets over reasonably quickly considering she’s fully human. She doesn’t seem at all wigged out by being attracted to a dragon shifter, and once Archer believes her to be his mate, he’ll do anything to keep her safe and protected, a difficult task since there is more than one enemy after the manuscript – and Thaisa’s  cryptography skills.

Thaisa has a condition, poliosis,that results in streaks of white through her hair, eyebrows and eyelashes. She knows she looks different and she has some self-esteem issues when it comes to her appearance, ones that Archer goes out of his way to dispel. He’s attracted to all of her – her looks, her brain, her fiery spirit. There’s plenty of banter between them that’ll make you smile, plus Thaisa’s internal dialogue is a hoot. The story is told in an interesting way, with Thaisa’s point of view being in first person, and Archer’s in third. The switch is a little jarring at first, but it makes a clear distinction between their thoughts.

Like any good story, there are secondary characters with important parts to play. Thaisa has a best friend, Laura, and Laura has recently introduced her to Bree. There’s something a little odd about Bree (though she’s very funny) and she turns out to have a significant role later on. Archer’s feud with Hunter heats up when both want Thaisa’s help, though Hunter will try to get it in more devious ways. Archer relies on his best friend and cousin Milo but Thaisa isn’t sure that Milo’s not up to something for his own benefit. Thaisa’s boss is a jerk, one who threatens Thaisa’s grandmother if she doesn’t get the manuscript back after it’s stolen. Thaisa will do anything to keep her grandmother from harm so she too has her own agenda. Everyone has secrets to be uncovered.

Solving the mystery of the manuscript takes some ingenuity, skill, and luck. There’s a lot of action scenes, even some sword fighting (!) and plenty of magic to get to the happy ending everyone deserves. Archer and Thaisa have a fun, sexy and exciting partnership and I plan to read more of the Dragon Hunter series in the future. One last note – the book available for purchase currently includes the novel Wolf’s Mate by Celia Kyle, a two for one special. They each take up approximately half of the total length of both the digital edition and the paperback.

This review has been posted at All About Romance and feedback updated with the link.
Archer Andras is the Dragon Master of the Storm Dragons. He suspects his twin brother is responsible for his clansmen’s suspicious deaths. At his cousin’s urging, Archer purchases an ancient manuscript rumored to have a certain artifact’s whereabouts. The last thing he expects is to encounter his destined mate. When his brother shows interest in her too, Archer braves everything to protect her. Will Archer learn who is murdering his clansmen? Can he keep Thaisia from falling into his brother’s hands?
Thaisa Moore works as a researcher for a bookstore that specializes in rare books and antiquities. She does not believe in the supernatural; however, Thaisa finds herself deeply immersed in that world. Twin brothers, Archer and Hunter, seek her out to translate an old manuscript. Flames literally erupt between Archer and Thaisa. What secrets will Thaisa find in the ancient script?
I am on the fence about Archer. Sometimes, he came off as too overbearing and sex-crazed for my tastes. I love how Archer disliked the way Thaisa disparaged her appearance. He sees the beauty in her genetic deformity, something that she could never do. What I adore the most about Archer is his thoughtfulness towards Thaisa and her family members. Without asking, he includes her grandmother in his protection.
I adore the uniqueness of Thaisa’s name. It is not a common name seen in romance books. Thaisa is an intelligent woman, one who is confident in her scholarly abilities. I empathize over her self-consciousness of her genetic abnormality and people’s reaction towards it. I feel she dwells on it a bit excessively. What I like most about Thaisa is how she stands up to Archer. She refuses to let him boss her around or dictate her life.
DAY OF THE DRAGON is book two in Katie MacAlister’s paranormal series, DRAGON HUNTER. Unfortunately, I have not read the prior book, yet that did not hinder my ability to follow the story’s plot and characters. I love Bree. For a secondary character, she made the story humorous. Bree’s spacy personality and quirks kind of reminds me of Nix from Kresley Cole’s IMMORTALS AFTER DARK series.
DAY OF THE DRAGON is a fun and quirky read. I love the humor Katie MacAlister wove into this tale.
She is the specialist at all things ancient especially artifacts she has immersed herself in her studies as everyone shuns her due to her looks Now Archer has come to her to try to end the war between him and his twin brother which has been reigning for years. Thaisa has no confidence in herself and even when Archer states they are mates sh still continually questions herself As for Archer for god sake get a room this was one sex addicted dragon shifter. The plot of this story dragged a lot in the middle and tended to jump around a bit so it wouldn't be one of the better ones I have read
This is the second book in this series and it did not disappoint. I really like it when an author has humor in her books. I love the romance here too it gets off to a slow start but I did not put it down.
I have liked Katie McAlisters books in the past, and  I was really hoping to like this one more than I did. I would give it 3 1/2 stars, but for me this felt  more like a it should have been great, but it wasn’t book.
Just as with all of Katie's stories, I absolutely adored the characters and their banter.  I had so much fun and really enjoyed reading this story. I can't wait for more.
Day of the Dragon by Katie MacAlister is a paranormal romance about a dragon shifter who is the leader of his clan and a female scholar in ancient languages.
I enjoyed this book. There is action, romance and and big dose of humor. Although the humor probably exasperated the dragons around her at first, it gave more actual human reactions to some parts with Thaisa. Some of the situations she found herself in would have made me say pfft, suuuuure. As if. - insert eyeroll.
Thaisa and Archer were a good match, but I did not enjoy how much attention was paid to Thaisa's looks or lack of. It was almost like she had two heads with unibrows on both. Geez, guys, different isn't always hideous.