The Soul of a Team

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 22 Mar 2019

I would hope most don't pass this book by Tony Dungy over because they think he is only talking about Team as in a Sports Team. Tony does another amazing job at teaching the principles of S.O.U.L that apply to all arenas we find ourselves and the struggles that come to them.
Title: The Soul of a Team
Author: Tony Dungy

This book was about: Tony Dungy tells a story about how a made up football team had an “ok” season but couldn’t quite make it over the hump. Dungy describes how his character would go into a team and help the coaches and players work together to maximize their strengths and minimize their weaknesses. This book tells of some of the most common issues that affect teams and what holds them back. The Soul of a Team shows you how to focus on creating a stronger, healthier and more productive team that is destined for success.

I loved: I love how easy this book was to read. Because he writes it as a fable/story, you can really make your way through a majority of the book quickly.

Reading this book made me wonder about: It made me wonder why more teams (football, or otherwise) don’t apply more of these techniques. A positive team supporting each other is probably considered foundational but not always put into practice.

Overall this book was: Excellent and I would recommend it to other leaders.

I give this book: 4 out of 5 stars.

The publisher gave me a copy of the book via net galley in exchange for an honest review. I was not required to give a positive review.