The Third Jihad

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 05 May 2019

THE THIRD JIHAD by MICHAEL YOUSSEF is a real eye opener! The description on the front cover says,"OVERCOMING RADICAL ISLAM'S PLAN FOR THE WEST, and that is what the author shows us to do as Christians who stand for the truth, praying earnestly for the Lord to send revival.
It is a well written book, which in no way advocates hatred towards Muslims, whilst coming against the insidious infiltration of Islam, particularly into the West, giving examples of incidents in America and England when those in authority have been too afraid of being perceived as anti Islam or not "politically correct" to stand up for the rights of non Muslims.
The historical facts are well laid out for us and the author has obviously done a great deal of research. He shows how Islam, from its inception, took over countries, turning churches into mosques and bringing in Sharia law wherever they could. He tells us of the First and Second Jihads and shows the similarities between those times and those in which we live. In so many countries, especially in Europe, the church is dead, and in some churches in the West false doctrine is being preached. Christianity has become diluted with apathy and worldliness.
As always, there is hope, and this is strongly brought out in the book, as we are encouraged to stand strong in the Lord "and in the power of His might", reading, memorizing and meditating on His Word.
It is an excellent read, and we need to take heed of the warning signs, and, as the Lord said to Joshua, "Be strong and very courageous", trusting Him and spreading the truth of His Word in love.
I was given a free copy of the book by NetGalley from Tyndale House Publishers. The opinions in this review are completely my own.
Oh, that we would heed the wisdom of Michael Youssef. The author is very knowledgeable on this subject and I wish the West would wake up! I hope this book can get into the hands of as many people as possible. Thank you for writing this! Anyone who enjoyed this book would also enjoy listening to Leading the Way radio. Michael Youssef is an excellent Bible teacher and author.