SORDIDA

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 12 Nov 2018

A steamy smoking hot romance book. I wasn't too sure about what to expect. But wow , too hot to put down.
This is the first book I've read by this author and it won't be the last. I was lost in the pages of this book. I just couldn't put this book down till I'd finished it. A fantastic story with some great twists in the story. I can't wait to read more from this author in the future.

Highly recommended read

I voluntarily reviewed an advance reader copy of this book
Sorry I just didn’t get this book, I’m not sure if it’s supposed to be erotic fiction or a thriller or just a simple story. Based on an escort and millionaires private club the book was reasonably entertaining but neither one thing or the other.
Totally not what I expected, having forgotten I had selected this book I was hooked from the moment I picked it up. So many twists and turns without becoming too nonsensical, kept you on your toes until the very end. I don't think this is the last we will hear of America or Tim.

Some of the scenes are quite detailed but not too graphic which is particular skill of the author. I wouldn't let them put you off if you are not sure as they add to the story rather than take away.

Having not read anything by this author before I would happily read another of their collection in the future.
My thanks to the Publisher via NetGalley for the opportunity to read this in exchange for an honest review. I gave this a 3 star or 6/10.

Amercia works in a shop part time, but also has another string to her bow she uses her womanly body to earn her more money. Due to information gleaned from one of her clients Jake Parker, she embarks on finding out more about an underground Swinger's club that he talks about, called Sordida.

Not one to shy away from things, Amercia soon finds herself embroiled in more than she at first bargained for. Are things as they at first seem though? Can Amercia keep her wits about her and stay one step ahead of what appears to be happening or will she find herself in too deep?

I enjoyed the premise of this erotic themed read, there was lots of promise some of which didn't fully deliver in my opinion and I feel that the writer will grow with subsequent books that he may write.
I enjoyed the start of this book and was really looking forward to the genre,  i enjoyed all the twists too, however the end of the book wasn't for me.  In my opinion erotica and one of the other topics covered, in the  same place have too be handled carefully and this fell short of my expectations, I do think for a first novel it was good and think Jason's work will only Improve from here on and look forward to reading more from him in the future.
I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own
The book is a mystery suspenseful story that is interesting and intriguing. Good engaging characters and well written. I appreciate reading this book. I am voluntarily reading and reviewing an advanced reader copy of this book.
Sordida is an engrossing read with Jason Andrews having produced believable characters and plot. Worth the read.
This was gritty and nasty. It wasn't my favourite read of the year, but it was very interesting. The sex scenes were hot, but I hated the characters.
Sordida is very obviously a first novel and Jason Andrew's story is quite promising as this sort of book goes. It does however need some serious editing. Some of the sentences are basically unpunctuated small paragraphs ,there's some confusing contradiction and plenty of repetition..
To be fair people don't tend to buy this sort of thing expecting Shakespeare but while  it's not a bad go for a first novel it could have been a whole lot better with a bit of proof-reading and some of the superfluous stuff taken out. A lot of the language is crude as well rather than erotic and Amercia wouldn't last very long as an Escort using the kind of language she does in front of clients.
If it wasn't his first book I'd give it a 2 star rating,as a first effort Jason Andrews book shows he has promise but please Jason get a decent editor.The cover is great,the story is intriguing,the telling of it needs polishing.
3 stars

There is no denying this author can weave a compelling story. Sadly, there's also no denying he's in desperate need of an editor, or a good proofreader at the very least.

Although I can overlook typos, the jumbled tense changes, (from past to present; often in the same sentence) head-hops, and other grammatical errors pulled me out of the story, time and time again.

Let's go back to the stylish secretary look and next and only time can you be more forceful...

...change of personality intimated her
This isn’t another 50 Shades of Grey, it’s better! There’s a believable yet intriguing plot, a main character we seem to already know, and it reflects the reality of today. BUT, it stretches the limits of erotic literature in that it flicks the middle finger at decency.

It’s not a book to be left at your gran’s, but it will have you enthralled. It’s fast paced, very erotic (in a base way; it’s not all floral and sickly sweet - the sex hits hard) and I didn’t want it to end.

For debut novel, this ticks every box. I’m looking forward to more from the author.