One Summer in Paris

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 11 May 2019

4 Stars - I recommend if you enjoy multi-generational women's fiction. This was a mix of women working through personal and relationship issues with a bit of fluff.

I absolutely adored The Christmas Sisters by this author last year, and wanted to give some of her other books a try. As with the Christmas Sisters, this one started a little slowly for me, but really built up a powerful narrative of female growth, family, and friendship. I loved both Grace and Audrey and their unlikely friendship that brought them out of their shells and allowed them to move on in their lives. I liked that this book explored Paris too, that was a very fun atmosphere to read in. While I would not quite classify this as a romance I did enjoy the romantic elements of this story and liked that I didn't see every move coming. While this book ultimately left me feeling hopeful, I love that Morgan's books have a lot of depth to them as well. I would recommend this if you are looking for something that is a good mix of fluff and depth for a summer read.
This was one of the best books I read so far this year. It entwines two woman with different lives and they help each other through two different situations.  It sucks you in from the first page and you never want to put it down. It holds your attention through the while book. It reads smoothly with no hiccups.

** I received a copy of this book from NetGalley in exchange for a honest review**
One Summer is Paris tells the story of two women, Grace and Audrey. Grace's husband has just announced that he wants a divorce, and she must take the trip to Paris she planned for their twenty-fifth anniversary by herself. Meanwhile, Audrey, an English girl, wants to get away from her difficult home life by spending a summer working at a book shop in France (though she hates reading). When an unfortunate incident causes the two to meet, they become friends.

I really enjoyed this book. It was a fun vacation story, but it had darker moments and a lot of great lessons to learn about discovering yourself and successful relationships. The characters were able to grow so much and become amazing, kind, and independent people. Though a little predictable, it was a captivating storyline with very fun, relateable characters and a dash of romance and humor. Overall, a fantastic book.
One Summer in Paris # NetGalley
Sarah Morgan ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

If you are looking for a light romantic story set in Paris, then this is the book for you.  The characters are very delightful and likable. There is enough use of Paris sights to make it picturistic.  This is my first book by Sarah Morgan, but I will definitely look up her other books. I found her style of writing easy to follow. I will definitely recommend this book to friends and family and rate it 4 stars. ⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read an advanced copy read of this book for an honest review.
Very heartfelt.
To celebrate their twenty-fifth wedding anniversary, Grace has planned the surprise of a lifetime for her husband—a romantic getaway to Paris. But she never expected he’d have a surprise of his own: he wants a divorce. Reeling from the shock but refusing to be broken, a devastated Grace makes the bold decision to go to Paris alone.

Audrey, a young woman from London, has left behind a heartache of her own when she arrives in Paris. A job in a bookshop is her ticket to freedom, but with no money and no knowledge of the French language, suddenly a summer spent wandering the cobbled streets alone seems much more likely…until she meets Grace, and everything changes.

Grace can’t believe how daring Audrey is. Audrey can’t believe how cautious newly single Grace is. Living in neighboring apartments above the bookshop, this unlikely pair offer each other just what they’ve both been missing. They came to Paris to find themselves, but finding this unbreakable friendship might be the best thing that’s ever happened to them…
OMG this book was everything. This was such a treat of a book about unlikely friendships that form a bond.  As a child of an alcoholic, I could identify with both women's struggle with relationships and how they cope with life.  I loved that the book was set in a Paris bookshop.

i have been recommending this book to friends.

This book was featured in What I am Currently  Reading? 5/6/2019  and it will be featured in the Summer Reading Guide.
This is my first book by Sarah Morgan and I really enjoyed it.
Honestly speaking, I wanted to read this book because there was the word Paris in it hahaha. Luckily for me, this book was such a delight to read!

Considering that the book is set in Paris which gave this storyline such an inviting magic. Grace and Audrey's story is one that is absolutely heartfelt.

One Summer in Paris is a book on heartbreak, embracing change and flourishing, it's about friendship... but most of all, it's about life and living in the moment.

I truly enjoyed this book so much! I
One Summer in Paris is a very well written book.  I enjoyed the plot, characters, setting and the author’s writing.  I highly recommend this book.
I loved this one!  Book like this one really hit home to me and I identify with the main character Grace in so many ways.  I loved the themes in this one, family and friendship, and most importantly starting over and forgiveness.  Grace discovers herself, and what she wants her second half of life to be when she visits Paris for the summer.  She forms new friendships and discovers some old ones as well.  Her relationship with her daughter grows, but most importantly her relationship with herself grows and changes.  She learns to trust herself, and to let go a little bit.
I enjoy Ms. Morgan's light hearted romances but her women's fiction stories hit deep into the heart of the women as she exposes the heart and soul of her characters.

Ready to celebrate her twenty fifth anniversary, Grace is shocked when her husband announces that he's in love with a much younger woman. Grace moves to Paris for the vacation that she had planned and ends up re-discovering herself. In Paris she meets Audrey who's dealing with her own set of challenges.

Two female protagonists who complement each other and support each other as they discover themselves and a deep abiding friendship.
Grace, the main character in this book is in her 40’, while she is getting ready to surprise her husband on her 25th wedding anniversary with a one-month trip to Paris. Her husband he’s announces that he has been having an affair with their former babysitter and wants out of their marriage.

Being forced by her daughter to take the trip to Paris on her own, she is feeling frustrated and miserable when she meets Audrey, who has moved to Paris recently working in a book store.
Audrey, 18, is a dyslexic daughter of an alcoholic and sometimes abusive mother. She is trying to rebuild her life and she moves from London to Paris not having any money or knowing what happens next, she starts working in a book store.
And what comes next is what happens when Audrey and Grace meet and all that that is happening in the coming month.

This book is like an emotional roller coaster. Made me laugh, cry and very emotional all through the book.
Sarah Morgan is an amazing storyteller.

Many thanks to Net galley and the publisher for sending me an advanced digital copy.
As the old saying goes: "Secrets, secrets, are no fun.  Secrets, secrets, hurt everyone".  But everyone has secrets, don't they?  Some secrets hurt more than others.  Like Grace, whose husband decides to tell her his secret.  That he's cheating with a friend.  Their daughter's friend who is more than half their age.  And he decides to tell her this at dinner for their 25th Anniversary.

Other secrets we keep so we don't get hurt or judged by others.  Like young Audrey, who is dyslexic and just trying to get through high school.  But it is hard to do when she has an erratic and constantly drunk mother.

Both Grace and Audrey meet by chance while each are escaping from their respective chaos in Paris.  Both had more in common than they could have possibly expected and develop a strong friendship where they teach each other what it means to be completely honest and to bring out the best in each other.  I loved that this book explored friendship love, parental love, love lost, and romantic love all in one story based in the city of love.

This is yet another wonderful book by Sarah Morgan! It is an emotional rollercoaster full of secrets: heartwarming yet tense, funny yet serious, hopeful yet grieving. The amount of character development among multiple characters was astounding.  There was one character in particular that I absolutely had feelings of rage whenever they were involved in the plot but towards the end I found myself (begrudgingly) rooting for.  It also is a great book that highlights the important benefits of traveling, particularly internationally, as well as the importance of a strong relationship with grandparents.

As someone who simply adores my grandmother, Mimi is my favorite character of the book.  She is one of the main character's grandmother who is sassy, independent, unconventional, and just plain fun! She also has a secret that she has been hiding for decades that is later revealed.

I have read many other books by Sarah Morgan but, out of all of them, this was the hardest.  This was simply not a book that I could finish in one sitting.  Hear me out, it does get easier to read as the plot develops but, for me it was hard because, both main characters also had complicated relationships with their respective mothers.  In particular, they both had difficult and unstable childhoods due to their mothers' addictions.  I could relate to each of the main characters as this was something I had also experienced.  This made reading the book difficult as it brought up a lot of things that I had spent a lot of time repressing.  Which also made this book cathartic in that it helped me work through some of it rather than repressing it.  (Ms. Morgan, you can bill me later for the therapy ;) ).

Therefore, if you are one who has also had to deal with a difficult childhood with a parent battling addiction, this book may be heavier than expected.  However, I do still recommend it as it can also be healing.

I would also recommend this book for readers who enjoy stories about friendship, traveling, and romance.  I would recommend this book for adult readers as it does have foul language, heavy topics, and sexually suggestive scenarios.

Please note: an electronic ARC of this book was generously provided by the publisher via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review (Thank you!).
Two women, both at crossroads in their lives. Grace, an American, has just been told, on her twenty-fifth anniversary no less, that her husband is having an affair. Audrey is  British and is ready to get out of her alcoholic mother's house. She's not going to college, that's for people who are smart and not dyslexic. Their lives will collide when Grace is mugged and Audrey comes to her rescue. Eventually they realize that they each need something from the other; a chance to step out of their day-to-day.
I really wish this book had been a bit longer. There were some real problems in this book but it felt like the solutions were glossed over or rushed through. I liked Ms. Morgan's other step toward romance light but this book, while worth reading, was not as successful.

Three stars
This book came out April 9
ARC kindly provided by publisher and NetGalley
Opinions are my own
To celebrate her 25th wedding anniversary, Grace books the trip of a lifetime - a month in Paris for herself and her husband. Except, her husband wants a divorce. Instead of doing what is expected of her and cancelling the trip so she can mourn the loss of her marriage, Grace goes to Paris alone. She meets a teen from London who has come to Paris to figure out her life and the pair become unlikely friends. They both manage to secure jobs at a used bookstore that Grace's grandmother used to frequent when she was a young woman living in Paris. Told in three voices (Grace, Audrey, and Grace's grandmother), this is an enjoyable read that allows everyone to have a very plausible happy ending.
One Summer in Paris looked exactly like my type of book when I first saw it. When I started reading it, I was quickly drawn into the story and it was very easy to feel immersed in the story.
We have Grace and anniversary celebration gone wrong, changing her life completely. On the other hand, we have Audrey, looking for an escape from her life and problems. They are both in Paris, but… could they be any more different? Once they meet, they realize that they might not be so different after all.
I loved both characters. Grace was interesting, it was nice to know her story, and how she was dealing with it and how kind she was, especially with Audrey. Audrey was a very cool character, a quirky, snarky girl that was very refreshing and likable. I liked the side characters as well, although David not so much and I am struggling with some of the things that happened towards the end of the book.
The story was warm and filled with strength and hope, it talked about real issues and I loved reading about the relationship between Grace and Audrey, and how they helped each other.
I liked the rhythm and pace of the story, I like the writing style that was so light and fresh. The story was amusing and gripping, however, I did not like the ending. I have nothing against that kind of ending, but after everything that happened, I was certainly expecting something different.
SPOILER ALERT!!!!!
I did not like how everything was easily forgiven, I would have liked she ended up alone, because after all her development that was the clearest path. I also was fond of Mimi’s behavior that changed toward David and then how it meant nothing what she did about Toni.

Nonetheless, I think the story is fun and entertaining, it was great characters and writing and it is a perfect summer read. I hope you read it and like the ending more than I did.
I loved this book. The biggest thing about this book that I loved was the focus on female friendships. That it doesn’t matter your age or background that when you least expect it you may find a friend. Also how someone can go from being a stranger to a friend to someone who is like family. I loved everything about the friendship between Grace & Audrey. . How Audrey a young woman with an alcoholic mother who she seems to be more of a mom to her own mom. How Audrey feels as if she has no one she can confide in but then she meets Grace. Then Grace is a woman always in control and always has a plan. With a mixture of friendship & a changing the way when lives this book brings you on a journey of love, friendship & changing your life a little. Loved it!,
The best books are one with characters you can relate to. That’s how I felt Reading one summer in Paris by Sarah Morgan. I could relate to a piece of each character - Grace’s need to plan and control and Audrey’s anxiety over her mother’s addiction. The world and characters that Sarah Morgan creates are so deep and complex and real that while you’re reading you feel as if you are a part of their world. I truly loved this book - and now I have a deep desire to visit Paris in summer! 😊

Thanks to Harlequin and NetGalley for an advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
This book is about heartbreak, friendship, and learning to find yourself afterwards as an adult. Grace and Audrey are both totally different but yet become fast friends. They both are trying to find themselves in Paris and what they do find is an unbreakable friendship. These two women find out how strong they really are and how they can overcome devastation and life as an adult!
Title:  One Summer in Paris
Author:  Sarah Morgan
Genre:  Women’s fiction
Rating:  4.2 out of 5

Grace has been married for twenty-five years, and she has a surprise all planned out for her husband:  a romantic trip to Paris. But he has a surprise as well:  he wants a divorce. With her world in pieces, Grace decides to take the trip anyway and spend the summer in Paris—where memories of the one who got away haunt her.

Audrey has worked for years to get away from her alcoholic mother. A summer in Paris and a job at a bookstore is her way out, and she intends to enjoy every moment to the fullest. Now she’s in Paris, but doesn’t speak French, and has no money, so maybe she’ll be wandering the streets of Paris alone.

Then she meets Grace, and the unlikely pair form a bond that draws them together even as they help each other spread their wings.

One Summer in Paris made me want to visit the city…and I’ve never had the impulse to go there before. I would love to visit this bookstore—let alone work there—and the city came alive on the pages of this book. I’m more like Grace than like Audrey, but I thoroughly enjoyed this read!

Sarah Morgan is a bestselling author. One Summer in Paris is her newest novel.

(Galley courtesy of Harlequin/HQN via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.)
I loved this book. It is so refreshing to see the interested working of a marriage and how you can find friends wherever you are.