The Wish

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 May 2019

I really enjoyed The Wish! It was an intriguing read and I was captivated by the characters. They were fully developed and I enjoyed being immersed in Amish culture. I thoroughly enjoyed the plot and it was the perfect amount of suspense.
This Amish novel is a little different from others that I've read. An Englisher, Joshua recently out of jail finds out that his estranged wife is dying and wants him to take their son to her parents but an accident occurs that has him and the baby living with an Amish family. Both Joshua and Amy, his wife come from an Amish background but left at an early age. This novel is about Joshua becoming to grips with his past and dealing with his future that may or may not include his son. My favorite character is Laura Beth because of her gentle spirit. I enjoyed her sister, Sarah trying to protect her older sister's reputation. Very enjoyable novel! Recommended!
Really enjoyed this book! My heart went out to Laura Beth immediately that she would go to such lengths to fulfil her dreams. Joshua took me a little longer to warm up to due to his abrasive personality. However, once I saw through the wall he tried so hard to build around his feelings, I began rooting for him to let go of himself and realize what he had! This book is a rollercoaster of emotions and a great read!
The Wish is a beautifully written inspirational romance.  I loved the plot and the characters.  I enjoyed the writing and look forward to reading more books by this author.  I received an arc from Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
I enjoyed this story.  I liked the characters of Joshua and Laura Beth, and thought the author did a great job of making their stories compelling reading.  I wanted to keep reading until I’d finished the story to make sure they reached their happily-ever-after.  This is a sweet, clean Amish romance that was enjoyable reading.  I also learned some new things about how the differences of how the Amish live in Kansas

I received a copy of this book from the publisher. All opinions are my own.
This is one of the best Amish fiction books I have read in a very long time.  I would definitely recommend for anyone who is looking for a story that grabs you and does not let go till the end.
This was a really lovely book.  The characters were likeable and I enjoyed reading about them.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the ARC.
This is a very well written Amish romance.  I really liked the characters and how the story progressed.  This book show the Amish life and how one person deals with leaving the Amish life
You know when you start a book that purports to be a romance that all will end well.  What keeps you reading is how the ending gets there.  Joshua crashes his car and is taken in by two Amish sisters.  Their road is under water so he will wait until the river goes down, but the baggage he is carrying is almost too much to bear - an ex-convict, an infant son, and to top it off, raised Amish, but left many years ago.  As the story progresses he falls in love with one of the sisters which is rather forbidden - he being Englisch and all.  But to tell you more would ruin the book for you.   it's well-written, believable and really rather good.