Cover Image: Probably the Best Kiss in the World

Probably the Best Kiss in the World

this is the most fun book I have read in a while. I really really enjoyed this light-hearted romance which does not only focuses on romance but the other aspects of the plot and characters a s well.
This was a cute story. I wasn't as invested in the characters as I would have liked to be. I did love Jen following her passion over any romance or relationship. Jen and Lydia as sisters had to find a way to live their own lives as well. The romance was cute, but not as strong as I was expecting. Overall, it was a cute read to look into.
I confess that what lured me to this romantic comedy was Copenhagen! I love to travel to locations on my bucket list through fiction and this light and lively romance, underscored with essential life truths and rounded out by a delightful cast of characters was just the perfect escape.

I really enjoyed the book's mantra that settling for just enough is, well, just enough and that the moment we allow ourselves to open up to something more, we can discover adventure, calamity, wonder and love.

The sights, sounds, tastes and feels of Copehagen are brilliantly and effusively handled by an author who clearly has a passion for the city and its unique history.

also shared on insta and fb and twitter
I loved this book!  It has humor and romance making it a fun and heartfelt read. It was a bit basic yet it wasn't a complete cliché. Jen is easy to fall in love with and relate to in someway. It is a predicable ending but it has some twist along the way. Jen does get a bit frustrating to read about, after a few chapters I wanted to slap her. Was a bit too slow for me and I did lose a bit of interest halfway towards the end.
This is the first book I've read by Pemille Hughes
I was really invested in the characters in this story they had a bit of depth and were relatable. I find sometimes that books of this genre, the characters can be a bit vacuous but I enjoyed that it wasn’t focused on romance. I mean we all like romance but it’s not number one priority for people. It's a book that shows a woman can pursue multiple interests as well as being focused on career

Overall its quite a feel good book and if you like romcom/chicklit you will enjoy 😊
An enjoyable book with a slow burn romance.  The two female characters' banter will keep you engaged throughout the book and may overshadow the romance for some readers.  I look forward to the author's next book.
A great read.

I particularly liked the parts of the book set in Copenhagen.

Likeable characters and you want them to be happy.
What a fabulous book! Really enjoyed every minute- from the home brewing (yes really) to the trip to Copenhagen and the luscious Dane who rescues Jen from the canal!

An amusing read - didn’t expect a book with beer at its core to be so much fun! And I love the title... probably the best kiss in the world being a play on the famous advertising slogan from Carlsberg...
This amazing novel is about finding love even when you don't think you need it. Jen and Lydia are sister and make the story even more amazing with the banter that comes from their friendship. It made me wish I had a sister to take care of me the way Jen does for Lydia. Brewing also was a major part of this amazing book, even though I think there was a little too much of it in the dialogue I understood why it was there. Jen makes some amazing growth over the entire story which made me think that you are never stuck in one place even if it feels like it at the time. Jen was able to continue her dreams and figure out who was in her life for the right reasons. That seems to be something I need to learn as well and this story helped me with that.
I was unable to read and review the book by the publishing date due to other commitments.  I will update the review immediately upon completion of the book.  Thank you NetGalley and publisher.
This was a woman who has been through a lot trying to find her way and make it through life’s obstacles and still found love. This book hits on big deep topics but it doesn’t go too to deep all in all it was good
I really enjoyed this book. I feel like it dealt with some heavy topics but only hit the surface with the topics and it worked well. I'll admit the beginning was a little rocky for me. However, the more I read the harder it was to put it down and before I knew it I had finished the book. It was a cute, fun and fast read with a small hit of realness.
Sweet, sassy, and inspiring!

Probably the Best Kiss in the World is a thoughtful, heartfelt tale about rediscovering one’s self, taking chances, following your dreams, and the special bond between sisters.
I found this book on NetGalley, and I thought it sounded familiar (I probably saw a couple of reviews already), and when I read that there's a part that takes place in Copenhagen I immediately wanted to read it. Especially since I wanted to read something light anyway. I love to read around the world!
Funny thing is, I expected to like the book because of the travel aspect, and what ended up completely endearing me was the craft beer brewing part. It gave this story a charming, unique atmosphere. Actually, I think this is what saved it from being just like another cliché romcom.

Otherwise the story was a higher level average, with many highs and a couple of 'oh no, come on that IS a cliché' moments, but in general I enjoyed it very much! The characters seemed at the beginning a little cardboard, overused ones, but they developed into interesting and lovable individuals, and by the end I felt like I wanted to read about them more! I especially loved Lydia, the sister's character, she's really strong and interesting.
I recommend this book to fans of romantic comedies who want to get a bit out of the complete clichés and try some new ideas (beer, for example)!
Jen Attison likes her life Just So. But being fished out of a canal in Copenhagen by her knickers is definitely NOT on her to do list.

From cinnamon swirls to a spontaneous night of laughter and fireworks, Jen’s city break with the girls takes a turn for the unexpected because of her gorgeous, mystery rescuer.

Back home, Jen faces a choice. A surprise proposal from her boyfriend, ‘boring’ Robert has offered Jen the safety net she always thought she wanted. But with the memories of her Danish adventure proving hard to forget, maybe it’s time for Jen to stop listening to her head and start following her heart…

This was a sweet, quick romance. There was very little plot involved but I enjoyed it anyway.

*Book received from NetGalley in exchange for an honest review*
Brilliant book. Totally engrossed in the story from the very first page. Jen is seeing Robert and they are bumbling along with their twice weekly date nights. She’s responsible for her younger sister Lydia after her parents were tragically killed. The story follows her journey and the relationships she has along the way.
Pernille Hughes has a lovely way of writing and the story isn’t predictable. Thoroughly enjoyed this book, feel bereft now as I want to know what happens next...
This book was a cute and cheesy quick read. Probably the Best Kiss in the World follows Jen’s journey of learning to break free from the mechanical and fully planned out methodology that she followed in order to pursue her dream aspiration of opening a brewery. I appreciated that though romance was an element in this book, it wasn’t the main focus and instead focused on her discovering herself and bettering her relationship with her family.

I thought that the plot was interesting and easy to follow and I felt like I could relate to Jen and her development as a person.
I could feel the chemistry between Jen and the love interest and I thought that it was realistic and not the dread insta-love.
This book warrants 3 stars from me because I really enjoyed the book and found it a light afternoon read however, it didn’t really stand out to me in anyway.
I love the writing style of this book. There’s something lovely and refreshing about it, it’s lovely and light, but also keeps the reader hooked from the very first page.

In this book you also have some really lovely characters. That you always cheer along and want the best for.

In this book we meet Jen. Whose life is good, she has a nine to five job that she doesn’t really like but it pays the bills, but at home Jen makes her own beer, she sells it at craft fairs and local markets and dreams of making it a full time living, she also lives with her sister, whom she worries about constantly. Since their parents passed away. Both characters that you automatically love.

Jen also has a fiancé who is dependable and safe, but the sparks seems to have gone out of the relationship, and when Robert proposes, he just assumes Jen has said yes, when well she didn’t really answer him. Roberts plan for their life is for Jen to move into his stately Manor, to not work and spend her time raising the children. But these were never plans that Jen saw in her future.

So when her girlfriends suggest a girly trip away to Copenhagen Jen jumps at the chance. The last thing that she expected was to fall into the canal, and be fished out by a handsome stranger, that stirs things in her that she thought were long gone. What will Jen decide to do when she gets home? Marry Robert? Or track down this stranger?

A really lovely book. That I’m only giving four stars to because it was rather predictable. However a lovely story none the less.
Now I personally am a huge fan of To Do Lists, so immediately I like Jen as a character. I found myself wishing she were real so we could be bestie's. This is a very well written book and as the story progresses you can easily see the characters developing.  This is one thing I really enjoyed as there were points when I wanted to slap some of the characters but as stated they grew as the book went on and the urge to slap them reduced.

Now as is the routine of my reviews, let's talk about the hook! By this I mean the point where I didn't want to put it down. I will admit I did find that I was slow to get into this book. However the hook came with Chapter 9. After this the book kept gaining momentum and I didn't want to stop reading. I got into the book wondering what was going to happen next with Jen and co. At this point it took me three days or less to finish this book.

Another thing I found rather refreshing is that this is not the same old love story. As you can tell from the blurb this story is not simple in the love department. She has a choice and reading about the Jen figuring out which choice is right for her is entertaining.

My final thoughts on this book are simple, I loved it. I will definitely be checking out her previous title. I will also be keeping an eye out for any future releases.
This title is just downright silly.  I do love me some silliness.  But halfway through this romance I got bored.  Big time bored.  The plot then took a turn towards super silly and crazy predictable.  Even though I liked MOST of the characters, I found Jen the main character too needy and controlling, I started skipping full on pages.  I enjoyed Lydia, Jakob, Max and Annie.  But come on, Jen was a bore.  Lydia most definitely should have been the main character.  Give her more pages!  Give her more of a plot.  I finished this silliness.  But I think I'll be skipping the next one.