A Very Lucky Christmas

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 26 Dec 2018

Daisy's life is a disaster she has split up with her boyfriend and had to move back in with get mother and then to add insult to injury she swallows the sixpence from the Christmas pudding and ends ip in A and E.......... but actually maybe things are looking up when she is treated by Noah the rather gorgeous doctor!

A lovely warm festive book which is as much comedy as romance and great to curl up in front of the fire with
My favorite time of year is by favorite time of year by far and this sweet and funny story hits all the notes! I loved it!
When you think it can’t get any worse, Daisy finds it can. When you are thinking engagement ring and find out he is gay, running home to mom, aunt and grandmother who are man haters doesn’t help. I thought the story was super cute. I really enjoyed this book.
very cute, funny, cozy Christmas read!

though i read it after Christmas, it still got me into the vibe of the festive season!!

Definite read during December, next to your fireplace!! :)
This book is a light, read, predictable, but fun.  Good to read to get you into the holiday spirit, but don't expect any big revelations.
What a lovely story and a great little Christmas read. Love hope it draws you in. The characters were well thought out and the spirit of the season comes through.
A Very Lucky Christmas is a cute cozy mystery. No surprises here, but it's overall charming and fun. The characters are loveable. The plot is engaging and will keep you reading. Perfect for cozy mystery fans. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
What’s it About?  Daisy's Christmas is not so Merry - she's going through a messy breakup and had to move back in with her mum, and then she chokes on the sixpence in the Christmas Pudding and ends up in A&E which is even more embarrassing because the Dr is so dishy. (I love that word - I'm always telling my best guy that he's dishy!)

What I liked The cover is fun, and the story is ok - I flew through it, and Daisy was a nice enough character that I was rooting for her and I am such a sucker for a comedy Grandma (Grandma Mazur anyone) and only those with a heart of stone don't like a Christmas romance, right? RIGHT?

What I liked Less Could it have been any more predictable. OMG. Also Noah has to be the worst doctor to the point that his incompetence really distracted from the story for me and it just became tedious. I skim read a lot of this book, and rolled my eyes more than I would like.
Zuckersüß..Nicht zu sehr weihnachtlich, kommt hier solide Unterhaltung mit  vielen  Lachtränen und teils skurrilen Charakteren. Ein echter Mills eben.
I love this book, it’s heartwarming, cosy and as comforting as hot chocolate on a snowy evening.
Daisy is hoping for love and with a little bit of interference from grandma and a little Christmas magic who knows what will happen. I love books where it all works out right in the end! This book is a hug in a book
This story was absolulely hilarious from start to finish. I never eat Christmas pudding anyway, but I don't think I ever will with the fear of where the coin might have been. I loved the characters and really felt for poor Daisy. She wasn't always the most likeable and I feel sometimes she might have brought a bit of her bad luck on herself but by the end I was rooting for her 100%. This was a perfect Christmassy read and I'd definitely read Lilac Mills again.
Satisfied my Christmas feel good read requirements! I like to get a couple of Christmas books in over the holiday period.

Not the most exciting I've ever read, but it did have some likeable characters and it was an enjoyable read.
This was a very fun and easy read. It reminded me of a mix between Bridget Jones and Shopaholic, although I didn't always find the main character very likeable.
I was also looking forward to a cozy christmassy read, based on the title and cover, but even if it was set around the holidays, I was somewhat disappointed.
All in all, I did enjoy reading the book, and would recommend it.
This is like a comedy of errors, full of gaffes, humour and -eventually- true love. Daisy Jones was expecting her boyfriend to propose this Christmas but they end up splitting up and she moves back in with her mother and gran. Her great-gran says she needs to make a Christmas pudding and guides her in making it. However, when eating it, Daisy chokes on the ‘lucky’ sixpence and ends up being rushed to A&E. That’s where she’s treated by Dr Noah Hartley . . . . Somehow they keep meeting but discovering the secret of her ex, losing her job, moving back to her Mother’s home . . . . comparing herself to her “perfect” brother .... there are lots of changes for Daisy but will that sixpence prove to be very lucky or the portent of an even more disastrous year?

This is a fun festive read with laugh out loud incidents and others that are more heartbreaking. It is a story of facing changes, moving on and being willing to take chances. It has a diverse range of characters, the relationships within the Jones family are key to the whole story and this includes Daisy’s sister-in-law, who is initially a stranger but definitely grows on you as you read the story. This is a fun festive read that can be enjoyed whatever the season.

I requested and was gifted a copy of this book via NetGalley. I chose to read it and this is my honest review after doing so.
Unfortunately this book was archived before I was able to read it - I would’ve liked it to have been available on kindle as I then would’ve had the copy regardless. I’ve given it a three stars in lieu of this
What could be better than spending christmas immersed in this funny and heartwarming read? Just the perfect kind of Christmas Romance.
I received a digital ARC of #AVeryLuckyChristmas from #Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

I really enjoyed this book. Lilac writes in a way that really draws you in and gets you hooked. I didn't want to put it down. It was a very funny book and I found myself laughing a lot. Just what I needed! This is the first book i've read by this author but it won't be the last.
DNF...this one just didn't work for me. I just couldn't get into this one. Daisy's family were a bunch of twats...
This Christmas story is fun and festive.  It is an easy read full of humor and fun!  It is a perfect escape from the stress of holiday preparations.  I liked the characters and the story development very much and I am pleased to recommend it.  Thank you netgalley for the opportunity to read and review this book.  Tge review is my own opinion
I really enjoyed this book which is a lovely festive tale set in Worcester. Poor Daisy - could things really get any worse for her? This is a feel good festive story about heartbreak, traditions, relationships, family, new beginnings and romance. A warm, funny story which made me giggle in places.

A delight! I can't wait to read more from Lilac Mills.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for the opportunity to read this book in exchange for an honest review.