The Girl in the Corner

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 Jan 2019

This book was amazing from start to end.  The main character Rae was so well written and she took you on the journey with her.  The surprising ending was brilliant and stayed with me for a long time.  Great author who's books I will definitely be looking for now.
The author's writing is beautiful. This book also contains a beautiful message one of living for ourselves and not trying to please others all the time. I loved this book.

I would like to thank Netgalley and the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book free of charge. This is my honest and unbiased opinion of it.
There was a melodic quality to this author's words and I found that many times I would take a moment and re-read a sentence, letting the words pierce my heart, feeling the full weight of the character's angst. I loved this book and would definitely be inclined to read other work from this author.
Amanda Prowse takes her readers on a rollercoaster journey of emotions with wonderfully crafted characters.

As always with this author you should have the tissues handy - you will need them!

It is a beautiful story which holds the reader captive from the first few pages due to Amanda’s way of writing that makes you really feel deeply for the characters.

This is a book that gives the message that we should be the person that we want to be, to try to live the life we want for ourselves, and not for anyone else.

Beautiful and heartfelt book. Thank you Amanda.

Thank you to NetGalley, Lake Union Publishing and Amanda Prowse for the opportunity to read and review this book.  I have also puchased a copy of the kindle book following publication date!
I found this to be an excellent read.  It was well written, realistic with believable characters, for the most part, and an entertaining story from start to finish.  This book had it all - romance, heartbreak, family stuff, marital issues.

Rae and Dolly have been friends from the age of sixteen and wound up sisters-in-law when Rae married Dolly's brother Howard.  Life was good; a successful family business, two healthy children, a beautiful home and lots of loving family around.  But when Rae learns about her husband's infidelity, from him on their wedding anniversary, all the world comes crashing down on  her.  I don't want to spoil the book for anyone, but I strongly recommend this one.  It was a really great read.
Amanda Prowse has become an auto-read author for me.  I love her stories of ordinary women (and their families) who are thrown into extraordinary circumstances and how they react and adjust.  This is another in that vein, and I was left guessing until almost the end as to how things would pan out for Rae-Valentine, what the truth of her situation would turn out to be, and what direction she would choose for her life.  As a bonus, I listened to much of the audio version, which is read by the author, and she does a lovely job with the narration.
Thanks to Netgalley and Lake Union Publishing for providing a copy for an unbiased review.
I have never read a book by bestselling author Amanda Prows before and this was certainly a great one to start with.

Rae-Valentine and Howard were childhood sweethearts. They’ve shared twenty-five peaceful years since they were brought together by Dolly, Howard’s larger-than-life sister. But now, on the night of their wedding anniversary, Howard reveals a shocking betrayal that leaves Rae reeling.

“The Girl in the Corner" was a highly absorbing story with very charismatic characters, particularly the protagonist Rae. I related a lot to Rae - I fell in love, married at 16 and was typically 'the girl in the corner'.

“You stand out, you shine brightly. Yes, you are quietly spoken, but you have energy and kindness; you are many things, but you are not furniture.”

You may think you know what is going to happen but the ending has a surprising twist in the tale. Overall, it was a well written book that engages readers right through the book eliciting a range of emotions from love to loss.
Another great book from Amanda Drowse which I read in couple of sittings!  She has the ability to create such believable characters and story line that I find myself totally involved from the very first page
A tear-jerking page turner. This book was beautifully written.

This was the first book I've read by Amanda Prowse. It won't be the last.

Thank you to NetGalley and to the publisher for allowing me the opportunity to read this.
If I'm being completely honest, I didn't think this book was any better than ok. I struggled to get into it and I found the whole thing just a little bit slow. I didn't find any of the characters very likeable so wasn't very invested in their journeys. This isn't a book I would recommended to friends or family, mainly because I don't think I will remember it in a few months time.
I really enjoyed reading this book - full of good characters and a storyline that was enjoyable to read and see what happened.  I think I have found another good author that I like reading their stuff!
I would recommend this book, it was a nice and easy read, dealing with the subject of relationships, emotions, marriage, family and the lost of trust in a husband of many years. A subject I could relate to! Thoroughly enjoyed.
Amanda Prowse never lets her readers down, and this book is no exception.

She writes about topics which we can all relate to, have experienced, or are struggling with.

I was instantly drawn to Rae Valentine, as I feel we are all "in the corner" at some point in our lives, and she showed us how we can cope/change our outlooks, and be brave.
The twists and turns were quite unexpected at times, but in true Amanda Prowse fashion, the book was hard to put down, once started.
I do so hope there is a "follow on" to this book, as I feel Rae Valentines journey has just begun.

I absolutely loved another brilliant book from this author

My thanks to the author, and Netgalley for the arc copy, in return for an honest review .
Amanda Prowse never fails me.  Even though I felt this book dragged on a little bit, the story was powerful and engaging.

Thank you to NetGalley and the publisher for providing a free copy of this book.
A really enjoyable book by an author I haven’t come across before. I will definitely look out for title by Amanda Prowse in the future.
This is the story of a marriage, a friendship, betrayal, and reevaluating life choices. It is written in a believable way that draws you into the feelings of the main character, Rae, and makes it impossible to not sympathise with her situation.
At times I found her character to be annoyingly indecisive and I wished for her to be more proactive, but in reality with a family and so much to lose you can’t blame her for the choices she makes and has to live with. The ending was worth it!
Overall a compelling story about love, respect, trust and fidelity which I would highly recommend to anyone who enjoys a non-cliche contemporary romance novel.
The transformation of Rae, the girl in the corner, to Rae, the girl who finally decided to stand up for what's right, was amazing. Though, I would like to add that I wish the story wasn't more inclined towards how Rae felt helpless and indecisive. More than half of the book is about Rae's issues and her feeling helpless about it. The ending is really good. This might be a spoiler but I am going ahead and saying it. Rae stands up for what is right. It was really nice to see Rae finally being a strong and independent woman. But, I wish there was more of this in the story than Rae being delirious.

I loved Amanda's writing style. It keeps the reader engrossed until the end. The storytelling was good too. I might seem repetitive here but I liked the way she included real-life scenarios in this book. It even makes you feel like you could relate to a few things mentioned in the book. The story highlights the emotional side of the character, a tad too much if you ask me, but with such an awesome ending, I really did not mind it at all.
I received a netgalley of The Girl in the Corner by Amanda Prowse, in exchange for an honest review. Rae-Valentine and Howard were childhood sweethearts that have been married for 25 years. They were introduced to each other thru Howard's sister, Dolly. On the night of their monumental anniversary, Rae is learns of a betrayal that puts her in a tailspin. Instead of taking her husband on their anniversary vacation, she takes Dolly instead. This trip will bond her and Dolly. It will also make Rae look at her choices thus far and how she is going to proceed with her future.
I felt for Rae and was rooting for her. I enjoyed the book and recommend to those who like women's fiction.
An author who I love, but never fails to surprise. Amanda Prowse knows how to have you gripped from the start. Not your typical love story, this covers 25 years of a sometimes difficult relationship. A perfect ending too.
Loved this book! Thank you so much for the opportunity to read. Can’t wait to read more from this author.
First book I have read by Amanda Prowse and I really loved it, so am now reading all her other stuff as it’s on my kindle unlimited subscription.

This book is about evaluating life choices after after finding out your partner has been unfaithful after many years of marriage. It looks at the consequences of betrayal, how it affects families and friends and well as the couple.

Beautifully written book and you could understand the emotions that the main character was going through and only admire her bravery.

Thank you for letting me review such a great book x