Dare Me Again

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 29 Jan 2019

If you like to laugh while reading a really well-written story, you're going to love this one. If you enjoy a really well-written and heartfelt second chance romance between two lovable characters, you will love this story.
4 stars.
Really sweet and cutesy small town romance.
This is book two in the Angel Fire Falls series and having previously read the first one I am pleased to say that I am really enjoying these books.
Such a delightful read for all animal lovers like myself.
Rebel's backstory really touched my heart as the young girl that had barely survived an alcoholic mother. All alone and homeless on the streets of Portland she found solace and comfort with a stray dog which gave her the motivation to keep it together and push on to become the kind and caring young woman and dog trainer that makes this story so adorable and enjoyable to read. The fact that she is committed to helping veterans and individuals with traumatic brain injuries makes her such a sweet heroine and was also a big plus for me. 💕💖💕
This is in fact a second chance romance and also of the type that I simply love to read (i.e. the unselfish type). Rebel is young and faced with an extremely tough decision when she runs away and abandons Elliott- she really believes that it is in his best interests.

Shelly Alexander always seems to deliver a good story with plenty of interest, not overly angsty but also one that is very pleasurable to read.
Her and Miranda Liasson are my go to authors for these type of small town reads.

ARC received in exchange for an honest review.
3.75stars
This is a second chance romance between Eliot and Rebel. Their second chance begins where it all ends on the small island. Eliot is here to help his family with resort and Rebel is the new dog trainer of resort big event. There are a lot of unsaid things between old lovers and a lot of hurts, resentment but also still a lot of spark and attraction. Eliot is at first determined not to cooperate with Rebel and he tries everything that someone else overtakes his assignment. in the end he demands to stay and of course a lot of things go wrong. Rebel and Eliot also make amends, share their soul and reignite their spark. They don't talk about future together and when the things with camp go really south Rebel does the thing she is the best at- runs. It is an emotional story we see that both Rebel and Eliot live with the burden from the past that is keeping them from being happy. They are well developed and keep us surprising, especially Eliot. There are a lot of dares in the story do you dare to read it?
I volunteered to review an ARC of this book for Netgelly
I enjoyed the first book in this series, and feel that the concept of this book had potential, but I lost interest about 2/3 of the way through and skimmed the rest. The two main characters ran so hot and cold with each other. One minute, hot and heavy. The next, storming away from each other. It got so I didn’t care if they worked out their issues or not, and I usually love Secong Chance romance. The sex scenes were meh. I skimmed those, too. That being said, I’ll give the third book a try when it comes out.
This was a good book by a new to me author. I enjoyed the characters and the plot was good. Will def read more by this author
I like everything about this book. There’s so many things to love in Angel Fire Falls, and falling for The Remingtons is just scratching the surface.

I can’t get Elliott out of my mind. He’s got a strong hold to his family even if he wasn’t planning on staying long in Angel Fire Falls. Seeing again and spending more time with the woman who’ve hurt him in the past wasn’t part of his plans, but this diversion sure did open a big hole in his heart.

Rebel Tate needed to come back to her roots to be able to start her business involving service dogs. This woman’s selflessness and compassion inspired me to give more attention and love to my four-legged furbabies. But being with the man she’d escaped from ten years ago sure got her anxiety spiked up a bit more. Could she really work with the Remington without dredging up their past?

I don’t know about you, but this book by Shelly Alexander worked like a charm. I got so busy with work and kids this past few weeks that, for the first time in my history, I wasn’t able to read a book in one week. Didn’t pick up my Kindle, didn’t get a book out of my book case, didn’t access epubs on my laptop. Nada.

Then one day, I decided to read Dare Me Again and it got me out of my reading slump. Elliott Remington’s charming disposition had me falling head over heels in love with him. Rebel Tate’s soft heart and doggie buddies won me over. Bogart and Rem we’re adorably cute and all the Remingtons are a solid, rare bunch.

Like I said, I like, I mean I love everything about this story. I loved the first in the series ,Dare Me Once but I loved this second book even more. If you want to feel good about finding love the second time around, I dare you to read this book!
I absolutely adored this book!  From the moment I met Rebel, I fell in love with her painful past and her ability to pursue a better life.   Elliott new that the only thing he wanted in his future was to be off the island and back in San Francisco, that is until Rebel unexpectedly walked back into his life with “Buddy”.  Second chance romances are my absolute favorite stories to read and this one rates amongst the best!  I fell hard for the Remington clan and can’t wait to read more of this series.

Thank you to MetGalley for gifting me a copy of this ebook for an honest review.
Elliot Remington is back home to help his family bring life and stability back into their resort. He never intended to stay. Only problem is he's never told his dad or his brothers. He's taken a leave of absense from his job and his time is up. He wants to complete one last big successful job for the resort before leaving.

The only issue is and it's a major one is that he has to work with his ex, Rebel Tate. She crushed him when she left him. There is so much more to why Rebel left and the more the story unfolds the more she opens up. There are parts in this book that I was crying and there were parts that I was laughing.

You know a book is well written when you are so invested that your emotions are all over the place.

I was so excited to be back in Angel Fire Falls and reading the next Remington brother's story. Do I think it can be a stand alone-yes. You'll have no problem fully connecting with the story. But I highly recommend you read them in order as I think you'll just get a much better appreciation for the series as a whole. Plus there's one more brother to go....can't wait for the next book.
Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Mary Jo – ☆☆☆☆
This is a second chance at romance book. What sets this book apart from the norm is the circumstances that led Rebel to leave the island of Angel Fire Falls. Aside from being from the wrong side of the tracks, Rebel had to deal with her mother's alcoholism as well. Rebel found sanctuary in the arms of Elliot Remington as well as love. When her mother's situation grew dire, she knew that in order to keep Elliot from drowning in her problems, she would have to leave the island.

Elliot never forgave Rebel for leaving the way she did, and even looked for her for a while. He threw himself into making lots of money in the financial investments arena and never looked back. Until his family called him home to help turn their family's resort around. Chomping at the bit, he's ready to return to San Francisco and his life, but knows he can't until he can repay his family for all that he took from them.

Now that Rebel is back, both Elliot and Rebel must come to terms with their past, this mistakes and their future.

I enjoyed this book and can't wait for the next book in the series.

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆
This is the second book in the series, and I would definitely recommend that you read them in order. That said, this is a really strong story in its own right and could be enjoyed as a standalone – I think you would miss some of the references, but could always go back, if you really want to start here!

This is the ultimate second chance kind of romance, and one with lots of difficult truths that need to be faced, although really nothing to do with the love that still lives in both of them. Both Rebel and Elliot have a long way to travel to clear their conscience and allow themselves a second chance, and Shelly Alexander does an amazing job of leading them to wonderful and believable happily ever after.

The inclusion of dogs and their sensitivities and skills is inspired in this book, and as we hear how Rem (Rebel's dog) moves between Rebel and Elliot and we get to learn why, it tells us all we need to know about these two lost lovers. It also makes the solution to the family dynamics all the sweeter at the end.

We also get to catch up with the rest of the Remington clan that we met in book one and Ben's progress is a pleasure to see, as his relationship with his duck! Add in the donuts and coffee, which left me wishing I were there just for them, and this is a truly lovely read.
True love, it never dies and is easily rekindled. After leaving their homes as teenagers, the couple meet again and work together.

They find love again, in this great story, about mans best four legged friend and their ability to to heal and aide those who have had trauma, be it our military veterans or others who need assistance.

What a great way to put all this into an emotionally charged, seductive story.I
I received an Advanced Reader Copy from Montlake Romance for my unbiased opinion of the book. Rebel Tate and her mother ran out of town because of something she thought her alcoholic mother did several years ago.  She is coming back to town for a job having graduated from the school of hard knocks into a dog whisperer.  She is coming in as a last-minute replacement to run a boot camp for Veterans and service dogs pulled from shelters.  What she wasn't planning on was running right smack into Elliott Remington, whose family's resort is hosting the event.  Sparks fly from the get-go when she ran out of town without a goodbye to him or anyone else for that matter.  Can they both put their egos aside and make this event a success for the resort and themselves without losing what's most important! You just must read the book for yourself to find out!  You won't be disappointed!  What a great second book in the series! I loved every minute of it and couldn't put it down.  Keep up the good work Shelly!
I read this directly on the heels of the preceding book in the series, and I think the read was better for it.  However, this wasn't quite as good as that first book in the series.

While both Rebel and Elliott had tragedy in their pasts, I found I had a hard time connecting with them both individually and as a couple.  I hated Rebel's secrecy, and she just came across as too closed off to be heroine material.  Elliott, likewise, came off as too bitter and consumed with returning to his life in San Francisco to recognize that everything he needed was right in front of him.  I had a hard time believing in their second chance romance because I didn't have an emotional connection with them.

What I did love about this story was seeing the progression that had been done with the resort and the relationship established in the previous book.  It was the supporting cast that shone in this book, not the main characters, and it was what kept me reading it.  My favorites among those were the dogs themselves and Trace's son.  The other thing that really stood out to me was the outreach that the author seemed to do with the topics of homelessness and the service dogs for vets.  I really loved the fact that the book was trying to raise awareness for these topics and the topic of special needs kids in the book before it.  I'm eager to see what she has in store for the next book in the series!
What a find! A new author and a new series - it just doesn't get better than this. I loved the characters, people I would enjoy knowing. The story kept my interest from the very beginning, and I am look forward to the next book in the series.

Dare Me Again is the second in the Angel Fire Falls series but the first book I've read of Ms. Alexander's. After finishing, I can assure you it won't be the last. While I enjoyed the book immensely on it's own, the relationships would've been enhanced by reading the books in order. I will be returning to read book one in short order.

I love when authors tackle real life issues and make their characters feel like people you actually know. Poor decision making being the hallmark of childhood, Elliott Remington and Rebel Tate both carry a mountain of grief and regret, a burden neither was meant to carry. Now ten years later, they are back in each other's orbit and try as they might, they can't run from the lingering feelings from their young love. Rebel is back on the island running a service dog training boot camp, doing incredible work of matching veterans with shelter dogs. She's gifted at healing the wounds of others but even better at ignoring her own. Elliott should be used to Rebel running from her problems after she left him with no explanation all those years ago. It seems to be her M.O. but he's got no room to talk since he's been on the run for just about as long. Can these two wounded characters help each other heal and find their way back into each other's arms?

Fantastic book about second chances and recognizing our gifts. Really enjoyed the veteran and service dog angle. I'm a firm believer that service animals should be available to ALL vets and that shelter dogs are the best dogs! I'm not ashamed to admit I bawled like a baby during the matching scenes. Beautiful book and powerful message!

AnnMarie - Alphas Do It Better Book Blog
4+ stars! Dare Me Again is a wonderful continuation of the Angel Fire Falls series! It IS a standalone, but it builds on the same world as the first book, so I'd recommend reading Dare Me Once first. Shelly Alexander knows how to write the perfect balance of drama, emotional development, and steam, with a wonderful supporting cast. I'm looking forward to the rest of the Remington clan's stories!

This one is a second chance romance that focuses on Elliott Remington (middle brother) and Rebel Tate. Elliott and Rebel have a bit of *drama* in their history, and they're stuck working together on the service dog camp project (gotta say that I loved this element of the book). Sparks fly, feelings are hurt, and additional drama ensues.

Rebel and Tate are relatable narrators, and I really enjoyed the story. My one complaint is just that there are some pretty cavalier references to some tough subjects... but it's also awesome that this series is tackling those tough subjects with heart, so I'm being pretty picky. Dare Me Again is a heartwarming beach read with substance.
3.5 Second Chance stars, rounding up to 4 on puppy cuteness alone.

We’re back again at The Remington Resort, this time it’s Elliot’s book.

Elliot is the middle brother and the financial wiz of the family but he’s been punishing himself for an accident from his childhood. Add that to the love of his life abandoning him ten years ago, the dude is a wreck.

Rebel (ok, love the name but JAX’S is the one that gets made fun of? *eyeroll*) is the woman who broke Elliot’s heart years ago trying to help her alcoholic mother keep a devastating secret. Now she’s back to help with a Support Dog training boot camp for Veterans.

So lots of secrets and assumptions make up this second chance romance. Not surprising but it worked well enough. I normally don’t like second chance romances but this one was pretty good.

Things I really liked: Ben - Elliot’s nephew with high functioning autism,  the Remington brothers secret code, and the veterans with their dogs. I mean I’m a sucker for that last one.
“Stubborn hearts” didn’t even begin to describe these two – and boy, did they ever have to work hard to get their second chance! Of course, this makes their happy ever after that much sweeter, one in which Shelly Alexander delivers an emotional read that will leave your heart happy at the end.

Between Rebel’s guilt for the sins of her mother, Elliott’s need to escape from Angel Fire Falls because of events from his past, and their shared history that had an abrupt end when Rebel ran out on Elliott without a word, these two had all sorts of things they needed to deal with from their past. Add in the tension between the two as they both fight the attraction that still simmers between them and the need they both have to protect themselves from being hurt again, and this story had lots of emotion that led to both the sexy times as well as both Elliott and Rebel finding peace with their pasts and a future with each other.

I really loved how the author weaved the animals into the story. Rebel’s pup Rem, the little stray named Bogart, and everything about the service dog boot camp helped tell Elliott and Rebel’s story and added a nice layer to the emotion in the story. Even Ben’s duck (from book #1) had a feature, and for me, the animals played a huge part into the success of the story.

Catching up with the rest of the Remington family and some of the residents of Angel Fire Falls was also fun. I love small town romances that feature a tight knit family, and the Remington’s are certainly that. From offering support to all their shenanigans and antics, the Remington brothers bring a real life feel to this story.

A great second book in this series that left me anxious to see what will be next – one that any contemporary romance fan should love!
3.5☆

Second chances
Part of a series: Angel Fire Falls
Standalone
HEA

I look forward to reading the other books in this series.
Elliott has taken a leave from his financial career in San Francisco to help out his family.    He has returned home to Angel Fire Falls to facilitate the training of service dogs for veterans that will take place on their property however he was not expecting the trainer to be the ex that broke his heart ten years earlier.

When Rebel left Angel Fire Falls ten years earlier it was with the best of intentions.   She didn’t want Elliott’s bright future to be derailed by her issues, so she decided a clean break was required.    She now finds herself back where it all began but being near Elliott is more painful than she imagined.

The chemistry and connection between them is stronger than ever, but is this their second chance or will it end when their obligations for the training dogs do?

This is a story of a second chance at love for two people who have always belonged together that is filled with heat, humor and family.    I voluntarily reviewed an Advance Reader Copy of this book.
Shelly Alexander dared me again and I’m thankful she did. I have loved this new series which book one and two can definitely be read as standalones, but honestly you’ll want to read both, two fantastic fun loving reads, two hot brothers. I can’t wait for book three which mean another hot brother to swoon over.

Elliott Remington has plans, big plans and none of them involved staying on the island, and they certainly don’t involve spending time with his ex girlfriend. Life really has a way of turning things upside down, and inside out.

Rebel Tate never expected to be back on the island where she left long ago. She has her reasons for sure, heartbreaking reasons. But she is back, she has a job to do. Elliott can either help her or not. Maybe he hasn’t got the balls. (laughing face inserted here)

This story is fun, but also heartbreaking. Being a dog lover I was truly amazed with the storyline. Second chances can happen for anyone, and if anyone needs a second chance it’s Rebel. That girl has a heart of gold. Elliott knows life will never be the same without Rebel in it. Maybe some things really are just meant to be.

This is a book all romantic comedy and animal lovers need to read.