Faking Forever

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 26 Mar 2019

Catherine Bybee's First Wives Club series continues with Shannon Wentworth's story.  Shannon was an Alliance client and former first lady of California.  Once her husband had secured the governor's office, he no longer needed a dutiful wife and their contract came to an end.  Unfortunately for Shannon, she had come to love her husband so the demise of her marriage was devastating.  She buried herself in wedding photography work but her biological clock is ticking so she comes up with the over the top plan to find a baby daddy.

This installment has a great deal of humor along its side an enemies to lovers sweet romance. Shannon is a woman who is floating aimlessly in her life having lost her identity along with her marriage.  Her desire to be a mother the only focus she has without the balance the rest of her life needs.  She has forgotten her dreams and ambitions within the hurts of her world. Victor is a man who is just following the steps of life.  Be a good son, check. Succeed at work, check. Find a woman to marry, check.  These two are wandering through their lives versus living them.

This is a low drama story where the focus is on the introspection of the leads instead.  It shows the growth of a strong relationship through the growth of the people who build it.  A great choice of read if you want a funny, easy sweet with heat book.
Hands down a simply wonderful book!  Full of hilarious humor, angst and passion- I just loved the chemistry of victor and Shannon!  I can’t wait to see more of these characters come to life in the series!
Shannon is nearing 35 and divorced. She wants to be a mother but the clock is ticking so she plans to get pregnant from a one-night stand.

Victor is a workaholic and marriage is just a tick off a list to him. He is about to get married in Mexico, a wedding his wife hired Shannon as the photographer for. They first meet on their flight to Mexico, not pleasant for either of them. He is dumped at the altar and decides to spend his honeymoon all by himself. Shannon also stays back to execute her mission of getting pregnant.

I liked Victor and Shannon together. The banter and tension between them was great. Their flirting and fun times in Mexico were my favorite parts. The romance was completely believable.

But I have a serious problem with this story. Let me rewind to what I said right at the beginning – Shannon plans to get married from a one night stand without consulting the guy. Am I the only one who finds it so wrong? Getting pregnant involuntarily from a one-night stand is another thing. But intentionally engineering an encounter to get pregnant even if you never plan to see that man again? That’s just horrible! And what horrified me even more was how normally everyone took it when Shannon shared her plans with them. We find out about Shannon’s plan right at the beginning and I had to muster a lot of patience to continue. I also had other small quibbles with the book, but none as significant. I just couldn’t get past this one thing.

If you, unlike me, don’t mind such plot devices and are in mood for some breezy romance, you can give this book a try.
Faking Forever is a well written romance.  I enjoyed the plot and the author’s writing.  I recommend this book.  I received an arc from the publisher via Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
It took me a minute to warm up to Faking Forever but once I did I was pretty much invested.
Shannon wants a baby and she’s pretty much given up on the idea of finding Mr. Right or Prince Charming or whatever else we call him, so she’s decided to get pregnant the old fashioned way, unsafe sex.
The premise might leave you feeling a bit like you need a shower and I get it, I really do. But once you get over that hump and all the drama that happens beforehand, you’ll enjoy this read. Shannon and Victor didn’t get along from the moment they met but there were definite sparks.
SPARKS.
Through the maneuvering of the man himself along with her friends, Shannon and Victor drop their walls and get to know each other. From there this was a mostly fun read that I enjoyed. The only thing that got in the way is my complete loathing of overly meddlesome friends and family in romance novels. It’s not cute or endearing, it’s just annoying. But Shannon didn’t mind so I tried not to, but it did affect my enjoyment of the book.
This book made me laugh, I loved the banter between them. This is Shannon’s story the fourth book in the First Wives Series.

Shannon wants a baby and is determined to have a one night stand to get pregnant after her location job in Mexico as a photographer. Victor is the work aholic groom who is left stranded at the alter. Shannon and Victor had met on the flight to Mexico but neither knew who the other was until the rehearsal dinner. After the wedding is cancelled Shannon goes to her vacation spot to start searching for her one night stand and bumps into Victor who decided to go on his honeymoon alone.  This was an enjoyable refreshing read.
ARC received via Net Galley for an honest review.

Shannon's story is book 4 in the First Wives series and I have been looking forward to reading her story from the very start.

There are  4 women in the series, 5 if you count Sasha, which I do. Are very different. It was so nice reconnecting with all the women of the First Wives Club and getting an update on their lives.

Shannon Wentworth’s wants a baby nothing is going to get in her way. She will do whatever is necessary have one.and her wedding-photography business is going to help it to do just that. Shannon is booked to do a destination wedding in Mexico. This is where she has concocted a plan to have a one night stand to get pregnant. Where no one knows the former governors wife. Let the antics begin.

Victor Brooks is the groom who does not make it down the aisle. From the beginning there is some serious heat between these two.
There really are some laugh out loud moments like most of Catherine’s books. I am hard pressed to pick a favorite from this series. So excited to read Sasha’s story.
Oh my gosh, this is an excellent book!  I was up all night reading it. It would be hard saying anything about it without blowing it out of the water!  I can say this is Shannon and Victor’s story.  She is the last of the First Wives. Don’t wait to buy this book or you will definitely wish you hadn’t waited. It caught me from the first page!

I voluntarily reviewed an Advanced Reader Copy of this book from NetGalley.
ARC received via Netgalley for an honest review

I have been waiting for Shannon's story since the series began, and Catherine Bybee did not disappoint.

I went into this story pretty blind, other than it being Shannon's story, I didn't know a thing about it. I knew it would be wonderful being part of this series, and that was all I needed to know.

We get insight into her past, delved into her mind for what she wanted for her future, and got to love her and the First Wives even more.

My heart hurt for her as she tried to move on from her divorce and back into her true passions. The passion she found on the job though was not expected. I loved seeing her come out of her shell and into the forefront of the First Wives - she has always been a little in the background as the other ladies are such big personalities. Now she takes the lead, and what a story she gives us.

I laughed, I cried, I truly enjoyed this story, and I can't wait for Sasha's story.

4 Stars
Catherine Bybee seems to do no wrong with this series. She creates characters fully developed and I love the bonds her posse has for her. This takes the enemies to lovers troupe with a 3 month waiting period- perfect.
Thanks to NetGalley for the opportunity to review this book. An easy to read, feel good book with a strong storyline, albeit somewhat predictable.
I have read quite a few books by this author and they are good books to read for a bit of escapism. The characters are well developed and the romance is pitched at the right level.
Yes! This was exactly what I hoped for and I read it in one sitting. Escaping a cold, rainy February day in New Jersey and being transported to the beaches of Tulum was perfect.

I loved reconnecting with all four women of the First Wives Club and getting to see Shannon’s story. I had an idea of what I thought hers would be but it was totally different than I expected.

I laughed out loud multiple times and couldn’t put the book down until I finished. Loved spending my evening with Shannon and the other ladies! I think this was my favorite of the series.

Thank you to Netgalley and Montlake Romance for the advance reading copy in exchange for my honest review.
Shannon Wentworth’s biological clock is ticking, and she isn’t going to let her single status keep her from having a baby. When her wedding-photography business takes her to Mexico, she has every intention of finding a willing baby daddy to help her out. Until the bride goes AWOL, leaving Shannon to coddle the arrogant fiancé who has accused her of sabotaging his wedding.

Victor Brooks never could have imagined that he’d be on a honeymoon for one. Only here he is, taking a hard look at his life after the younger women he thought he loved walked out. The woman who volunteers to help him reflect is the last person he expects to be attracted to. Between the tequila, the sun, and one earth-shattering kiss, Victor finds Shannon a distraction too sexy to ignore.

They strike a deal: wait three months, cool off, and see if their tropical beach attraction is worth taking up when they go back home. Unfortunately, that’s just enough time for the past to come calling. All their best-laid plans are at risk. So is the last thing Shannon expected to matter the most: her heart.
I just realized that this was my 19th Bybee book. Obviously, there is something about her books that keeps me coming back, and all those things were well represented in Faking Forever.

I had been eagerly awaiting Shannon's story. She was one of the few, who actually fell in love during her arranged marriage, but unfortunately, the feeling wasn't mutual. I so wanted her to move past her heartbreak and find her HEA, and I absolutely adored the man she was paired with.

Victor seemed an unlikely match for Shannon given the circumstances under which they met. Shannon found him quite repugnant, and even felt that his bride deserved better. But, Shannon discovered a very different side of Victor during their time in Tulum, and that was the Victor she wanted to know better.

The growth both Victor and Shannon experienced was great. Shannon opened up and shed her quiet and reserved girl persona. She began speaking up and demanding more attention, while also opting for the less "safe" choices. Shannon said goodbye to her past and starting moving towards her future, and I fell short of doing a slow clap for her. Seriously, I was really proud. Meanwhile, Victor began putting more time into his personal relationships and being more honest with those around him as he started to see his future being about more than his business. It was fabulous seeing the contrast between how he was with Shannon and how he had been with his ex. It really clearly displayed how genuine his feelings were for Shannon.

Other things I really liked:

• I had a lot of fun in Mexico with Shannon, Victor, and the rest of their Tulum crew.
• This group of women have such a wonderful and fierce female friendship. The way they drop what they are doing to come to each other's aid or how they will support one another, even if they don't agree with them was a beautiful thing.
• It was terribly fun having all the couples so present in this story. This first wives family has grown over the course of the series, and I was thrilled to see them all settling into their HEAs.
• The 3 month countdown!
• The ending was so fun! What a nice way to send the group off into sunset.

Overall: A mighty fine ending for a series, that gave me fabulous heroines, great heroes, and heartwarming HEAs.
This was a wonderful book, full of fun and interesting characters (and some nutcases too).  A wedding photographer clashes with the groom, the bride to be is not happy, the bride's mother is a nightmare and it keeps going from there.  Drama, romance, more drama, and misunderstandings all come together to make one great story.

I got this book from NetGalley for an honest review
A biological clock ticking, a cancelled wedding, and two main characters discovering what and who they want in the future creates an excellent conclusion of Catherine Bybee’s First Wives series with Shannon and Victor’s story. Catherine Bybee excels at drawing the reader in with her multifaceted characters and complex elements of conflict.  This novel is a perfect ending to a well-loved series. Readers will not be able to put this book down.
Catherine Bybee saved the best for last -  Shannon Wentworth’s story. The former first lady of California is hired to photograph a wedding in Mexico and she decides to find a baby daddy during the trip.

Of course, nothing goes as planned and after lots of fun, quirks and laughter; we have a dreamy ending.

Many thanks to Netgalley and Montlake Romance for the advance copy.
I received an Advanced Reader Copy from Montlake Romance and Netgalley for my unbiased opinion of the book.  This story is about Shannon Wentworth the last one in the First Wives Club.  She is a wedding photographer and works to have something to do but not a passion.  Her true passion is taking pictures of life and her surroundings.  Trying to figure it out takes time and with her biological clock screaming in her ear it sidetracks her.  While working on a tropical destination wedding and looking for a possible sperm donor for her first child.   After the wedding that she comes down there for doesn't happen, she starts on her baby mission and runs into Victor Brooks who is on his un-honeymoon.  Sparks fly but decide since she doesn't want a relationship and he is just getting out of one to cool it for a few months...  You must read what happens next!  What a great story!  Catherine hit it out of the park again!  I am sad to see this series end.  I can't wait to see what is coming next!!!
This book will run you through all of your emotions.  Shannon's clock is ticking and she has baby fever so bad.  Victor is getting married to a girl who is much younger than him and is so immature.  Shannon and Victor are actually on the same flight to Victor's wedding.  These two can't stand each other and are working each others nerves on the fight.  The mother-in-law and future bride need to be throat punched several times throughout the book.  As you read in the book pre-view you can see that Victor doesn't get married.....thank god!  Victor and Shannon actually figure out that they have more in common than what Shannon thought.  Victor is a caring business owner who she actually changes into a more caring man,  This book can be read as a standalone or you can read the rest of the series.  I have read the other books but you won't be lost if you just read this one.  You will however want to probably read the rest of the series.  Thank you Catherine for the way you wrapped up this book.  I loved that Shannon & Victor worked it out.