Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 May 2019

Justice Delivered by Patricia Bradley is book 4 in the Memphis Cold Case series. I have read the other books in this series and I have to say that this one is the best so far. Carly is a survivor of human trafficking. She finally escaped but faces shame at her past and fears for her life if she comes out of hiding. This is the story of how she finally has to face the culprits in order to save her niece. This book is way more exciting than my description seems-- Ms Bradley is a master storyteller and she writes an engaging, well-paced novel that will keep you turning the pages way too late in the evening. I highly recommend this book. I received a digital copy of this book from the publisher with no obligations. These opinions are entirely my own.
The fourth book in Patricia Bradley's "Memphis Cold Case" series is, in my opinion, the best of the series. Rest assured if you haven't read the first three in the series it won't interfere in enjoying this book as they can all be read as a stand-alone.

The heroine of the story is Carly Smith, a victim of human trafficking, who after escaping from her captor she changed her name and hid out for many years. After the death of her sister she comes out of hiding, so to speak, and goes back to her former hometown to see if she can locate her abductor. She ends up working with a police officer whom she dated in her youth and when they first meet he doesn't recognize her.

Filled with twists and turns, this suspense-filled novel kept me glued to my seat until the very last page. Just when I thought I had the bad guys pegged I realized I wasn't quite right after all. I highly recommend this novel to anyone who loves a good suspense-filled novel.

On a 5-Star Scale - 5 Star Stars!!!!!

I would like to thank Net Galley and Revell for my e-copy of "Justice Delivered. I received my e-copy for free with no expectation for a positive or negative review. The opinions are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR. Part 255.
A fast paced romantic suspense. Lots of twists and turns. I really enjoyed this novel. Patricia Bradley's best yet!
For the 4th book in her Justice series, Patricia Bradley chose sex trafficking as the main focus.  She has done an excellent job of demonstrating how easy it is to be taken and hard it is to break free.  She delivers a direct punch to the heart with the stories of girls never seen again.  Her research and the effort she took to develop both the story and the characters make this an excellent book.
A sex trafficking victim is slowly regaining her sense of self worth when someone close to her is taken.  She fights to find her niece and save her from the people holding her.  Who can she trust is the biggest question she faces as time runs quickly.
Not only was this a great book trying to focus on a horrible topic, it was a great action/ thriller that any reader will love.
I would have to advise that if you are sensitive to human trafficking issues that you might want to read this one with caution. There could be some triggers in here for someone with those issues. This is the fourth book in the Memphis Cold Case series, but can be read as a standalone as well.

I love the way that Patricia Bradley approached the whole issue of human trafficking in this story. It was done very tactfully and was also educating on some aspects. Carly is a young lady that was kidnapped and sold to a human trafficker when she was seventeen. After eight years, Carly managed to escape and is now working on having a life and dealing with all that she has been through in the past eight years. Naturally, Carly has trust issues and is put through some rigorous counseling to help her deal with what all she was put through.

After Carly gets her feet back on the ground, she decides that she is ready to face the men that put her through all the agony when she was captive. She will never forget their faces and is determined to find them and bring them to justice. Carly meets back up with Logan, a friend from her past that she also has trust issues with.

The suspense in this story builds and builds as you read. Carly takes us on a crazy ride as she is determined to bring these men to justice. I was on the edge of my seat and could not read fast enough in some parts of the story. Very well done by Bradley for sure and I can't wait to see what is in store for us next as readers!

All opinions are my own. Thanks to Netgalley, the author and the publisher for an advanced copy of this book.
Carly Smith came by her trust issues honestly. A victim of sex trafficking, she's been at the mercy of merciless men, ignored by law enforcement officers who should have helped her, and seemingly rejected by her family. She can't even trust herself to do the right thing. Though she escaped her captors and is working hard on building a new life, the past continues to haunt her when she discovers that the man she couldn't bring herself to report to police for fear of reliving her captivity is still out there, luring vulnerable girls under the guise of being a modeling agent. When her own niece is kidnapped, Carly must overcome her fears and come forward with the information she has before it's too late. When that proves to be not enough, she'll have to go after the perpetrators herself.

My Review:

A very well written book that leaves you wanting more. Excellent writing and scary as this could really happen. Once I started reading the book I did not stop until I finished it. It is that type of book. Your emotions will range from anger to happiness and that’s alright because in the end you will jump up and scream. Can’t really give too much away, so go out and but the book, you will not be disappointed.

This book was provided to me for free in exchange for my honest opinion.
The books in this series have just gotten better and better. Props to Patricia Bradley for really hitting her stride in this series.
Bradley handled the topic of human sex trafficking in both a believable and respectful way. Carly was a character I greatly enjoyed rooting for and getting to know. Getting inside her struggle to both be loved and to forgive were powerful markers to the gospel. I would recommend this series to any of my friends.
Great read!

This is another great addition to the Memphis Cold Case series. While there are return characters from previous books, this can be read as a standalone. Patricia Bradley always brings great characters, and suspense that will keep you guessing. This story deals with the tough subject of human trafficking, but the author does a great job of portraying it in a very real way.

This author is definitely on my 'go to' list for great suspense. I would recommend any of her books!
A victim of sex trafficking, Carly Smith's trust goes to few people. She's been burned repeatedly by those who should have helped her, including law enforcement. Now that she's finally free, and helping others coming out of the lifestyle, Carly is horrified to hear from one of the girls she counsels, that she was lured into sex trafficking by a man who fits the description of the same man who lured Carly in. Focused on finding this man, and stopping his evil, Carly travels home and catches the eye of Logan Donovan. Detective Logan Donovan. The man who took her to the party where she made her first contact with the "modeling scout". Could he have been in on it all those years ago?

When Carly's questions get her shot, Logan begins to suspect that she's not who she says she is. Since Carly doesn't trust any cops, that leaves her brother-in-law and Logan out of her loop, but she feels that Maggie, the lawyer who represents the local women's shelter, can be trusted - even if she is dating her brother-in-law. When her niece is snatched off the street near her home, Carly's world gets even scarier than it was. How can she protect her identity, and get her niece away from the evil that nearly destroyed her?

Logan Donovan has never found a woman to compare to his first love, Heather Morgan. When she disappeared, she took a large part of his heart with her. Wouldn't you know, the first woman to interest him since is one with way too many secrets? There's something about Carly Smith that intrigues him, and when he catches a glimpse of her eyes, he's sure he knows her from somewhere. He's only known one woman with starburst eyes, and this one has them, too. Could this be Heather? As he investigates first her shooting, then the abduction of his friend David's daughter, he becomes more convinced that Heather has returned. Can he handle her truth?

Can Carly find the men who stole eight years from her before they do the same to her 11-year-old niece? Will she find that she can trust more than just her best friend? Will following the clues get her killed?

Wow! Patricia Bradley knows how to ramp up the suspense until it screams, or her readers do! I can't tell you how often I had to tell myself - "Calm down. It's only a story." The scariest part for me was, this whole story really could happen, and maybe does.

I definitely recommend this to anyone who enjoys romantic suspense, because both were exceptional. This was five-star all the way!
Patricia Bradley

Justice Delivered by Patricia Bradley is book four in her Memphis Cold Case series. I have not read the other books in this series, but the novel reads well as a standalone.

Human trafficking is a serious and disturbing subject. Patricia Bradley has broached the topic in a thoughtful way. Carly Smith was abducted and sold to a human trafficker at the age of seventeen. She’s now a substance abuse counselor, but is always on the lookout for the man who sold her into slavery. Now Carly’s niece has been abducted and could be on her way to living the same traumatic life as her aunt. Carly has to confront her past in order to have a real future.

Justice Delivered is an excellent novel. The characters and their stories are compelling. The romance is tastefully inserted into the framework of the narrative. The plot is interesting and the ending is appropriate. It could be the end of the series or a nice platform for the next installment. I completely enjoyed this book and rate it 5 out of 5 stars.

My thanks to Revell and NetGalley for the opportunity to read an advance copy of this book. However, the opinions expressed in  this review are 100% mine and mine alone.
Patricia Bradley continues the human trafficking theme with this book. This time, giving it a bit of a different perspective by having one of the main characters be someone who survived human trafficking and how it has impacted her. The story drew me in from the beginning because of the depth of this perspective. I would have liked to have focused more on Carly and Logan's story instead of sharing it with David and Maggie from the previous book in the series but I still enjoyed the book and it was kind of nice to see the continuation of David and Maggie's story.
A difficult subject to read about is sex trafficking. The author has created this world in a realistic compassionate way that is the basis of this book. Carly Smith is an alcohol and addiction counselor at a camp for girls. She is a ex addict and  former victim of sex trafficking . When she discovers that the man who caused her descent into sex trafficking is still  luring girls she wants to take action. Soon her own niece is kidnapped and she with the help of her family goes after the suspect.  She is incredibly brave to use herself as a lure and takes risks that almost cost her life.
This was a thriller that was sensitive to the issues and had a good ending.  It was a good read and the author handled a difficult subject very well. It is upsetting to read about and can be a subject that victims or women cannot read without trauma.   Do be advised before your read it that it is a focus on sex trafficking.

by Patricia Bradley

Revell

Christian

Pub Date 02 Apr 2019

I am reviewing a copy of Justice Delivered through Revell and Netgalley:

Carly Smith has a good reason to have trust issues.  A victim of sex trafficking she has been at the hands of men who have no mercy, she’s been ignored by the very enforcement officers who should have helped her and it seems to her she’s been rejected by her family as well. She doesn’t even feel as if she can trust herself to do the right thing.  Despite the fact she had escaped her captors and has been working hard on building a new life, the past continues to haunt her though when she discovers that the man she couldn’t make herself report to the police about because she was afraid of reliving her captivity is out there still.  He is still luring vulnerable girls under the guise of being a modeling agent.

After Carly’s Niece is kidnapped she must move past her fears and tell the authorities what she knows before it’s to late!  After that proves that it’s not enough she risks her life to go after the perpetrators and save her niece herself.

Justice Delivered is a fictionalized account of an unfortunately all to real issue that of Sex-Trafficking.  The storyline is powerful and Carly’s character is raw and real.

I give Justice Delivered five out of five stars!

Happy Reading!
Carly Smith is an alcohol and addiction counselor at a camp for girls, she is a survivor herself, a former victim of sex trafficking and drug addiction. When she discovers that the man who lured her into that dark world of sex trafficking is still at large and luring other girls to the same fate under the guise of being a modelling agent.

When her niece is kidnapped, she decides to take action and go after the perpetrators, along with her brother-in-law, his girlfriend, Maggie, and Logan, a man from her past.

A fast-paced thriller, that though it is a part of a series, stands alone and is more of a companion to the previous books as they are minimally related. A chilling read, about a difficult topic, Carly is very brave and is working hard to start over and carve out a fresh start, she doesn't want to relive her past, and I admired her courage in facing her past. She wants to do whatever she can to help bring her niece home. She has her personal struggles with faith and trust, and I think she was a stronger character because of her vulnerabilities.

I liked David and Maggie, he is a cold case investigator and she is a defense attorney. They find their faith and their relationship tested by their respective jobs, finding common ground working to bring Lexi home. I liked the scenes with them together, they have great interaction.

Overall, a suspenseful and action-packed read, with inspiring characters, great character building and relationships, as well as faith. A well-rounded story, and fantastic read. Advised for older readers due to the more mature subject matter.

I received a complimentary copy of this book.

Opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.
This was probably my favorite book of the series! This could be because it gave me the ending, but I think I also really liked the characters and the basis for the book

Authors have a huge platform and I liked how Bradley used hers to discuss a hard issue taking place all around the world that most people would rather not think about. I also like how she focused on the ability to recover and move on with life through therapy and core groups of friends.

This story also had tons of suspense and I couldn't read fast enough. I love a good page turner.

I was pretty impressed with myself for figuring out a couple of the bad guys, but even then I still really enjoyed the book.

I received an advanced copy of this book through the publisher and NetGalley. This is my honest opinion.
Suspense! Danger! A sex traffiking ring in Memphis! Carly Smith is a brave woman determined to help other young women since she escaped her captors and has built a new life. When business takes her back to Memphis and someone takes a shot at her, Carly is even more afraid to trust anyone including law enforcement! Who recognizes Carly as Heather Morgan? Logan Donovan is a police officer who says he wants to find the shooter but he was at the party when Heather (Carly) was kidnapped. Can she trust him? Things become more terrifying when Carly's niece is kidnapped and Carly realizes what Lexi's future holds. All of the main characters in Justice Delivered are great. I have loved all of the Memphis Cold Case series and recommend Justice Delivered to anyone who enjoys suspense. I received an advance e-book of Justice Delivered through Net Galley. This is my honest opinion.
Carly Smith was kidnapped and sold to a human trafficker when only 17.  After 8 years, she is able to escape and begins a new life; but she never forgets the man who kidnapped her or the man who trafficked her.  Now after 8 years of freedom, intensive counseling, and finishing a college degree, Carly is ready to face her family and find the two men who were responsible for her years of terror.

This book is the last in the Memphis cold case series.  It reads well as a stand alone, but some of the characters from previous books appear in this book.  It starts slowly, but the pace picks up with every page and skyrockets to the end.  I felt like Carly really grew and became more confident as the story progressed.  I can't  imagine having to deal with 8 years of sex trafficking as well as abuse and torture by her handler.  I especially liked that she faced her demons in order to get Blade and Grey off the streets and no longer trafficking young women.  I did guess who Grey was about 3/4 of the way through the book.  But still Bradley penned a wild ride ending.

Well done suspense series that I recommend for those who like this genre.

**I received a complimentary copy of this book  from Revell Publishing through NetGalley.  Opinions are mine alone. I was not compensated for this review.
Justice Delivered is the fourth book in Patricia Bradley’s Memphis Cold Case series.
Intense and riveting, this book is maybe the best yet!
I just love these cold case mysteries!
 Carly Smith had been. victim of sex trafficking and has now returned to her hometown of Memphis to stop her abductors before any other girls are hurt.
She’s trying to play it safe...but then somehow the wrong person learns her true identity and her own niece is kidnapped...
Twists, turns, and much more...I had various suspicions and guesses as to what was really going on...
Once you start this book, you won’t want to stop!
Disclaimer: I receive complimentary books from various sources, including, publishers, publicists, authors, and/or NetGalley. I am not required to write a positive review, and have not received any compensation. The opinions shared here are my own entirely.  I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255
Love this one! Perfect addition to an outstanding series!  Quickly connected with Carly and her trauma was intense and completely relatable.

Human trafficking is a very real and powerful threat and Bradley has crafted a story that draws the reader in, educating while also enlightening and entertaining.
Justice Delivered is the exciting fourth installment from Patricia Bradley’s Memphis Cold Case series. This addition to the series has to be my favorite. It involves horrible issues that is happening around the world today, which is human trafficking. It is packed full of action, mystery and suspense. I could not put it down until I read the last page.
I give Justice Delivered five stars and highly recommend it for readers who enjoy clean suspenseful books.
I received this book from the publisher. This review is 100% my own honest opinion.