Neron Rising

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: Not set

This was a great book!!! From start to finish the pace and action had me by the throat!!
I fell in love with the world, the characters and the plot line.

Nova, a mechanic in search of a way to escape her "boring" life. Shes somehow connected to a man whose voice she hears in her head. Who is this man? Why the connection?
You can feel her desperation as the story unfolds.  As her planet is put in jeopardy, her escape, and the mysterious man.
Cant wait to read the rest of this series!

This was a very interesting read, the author does a beautiful job a weaving words and building the world of this title. I loved the characters and their interactions, the action and suspense, the promise for the relationship. I’m excited for future novels from this author, especially part two of this series!
It's barely 100-page long, but this first episode of the Neron Rising Saga utterly hooked me.
I can't wait for reading the next one!
I received a free ARC from netgalley.

This is a science fiction story.  After watching Ready Player One, I was disappointed that the heroine also lives in the Stacks.  But the rest of the world building was unique and different enough to be fascinating.

The intrigue leads to action and a few questions answered with many more popping up. The open ending got me.  I'm hooked enough to read episode 2, yes, these are serial shorts.  I don't have much patience for these if there is more than a couple weeks between installments so my rating could decrease through time.
An interesting and unique science fiction romance with characters that are well written and likable a high a nice story along with it.
This was really interesting. I like that it's in episodes and can't wait to read the next one. Since this was short I can't say much about the story yet but I did leave me wanting more.
Brilliant start for a new series based in another universe

Neron Rising is a brilliant start for Keary Taylor's newest series. It sets up the Neron universe in which Nova lives, and yet it is still fast-paced. The characters have a clear potential for growth. The main character, Nova, has already won my heart with her will to survive, her compassion and her underlying strength.
The storyline is rather standard, yet Keary has managed to put a twist to it that makes it enjoyable and clever, introducing themes such as superpowers, romance (of course!!) but also sustainability, overpopulation and corrupted power. I look forward to reading the next book in this series!
".... Honor, glory, love. When did we become a galaxy full of survivors?”"

In a nutshell.
88 pgs and Im amazed how it still managed to love the story, the characters and worldbuilding . End of episode one left me yearning to read more about this world, about Nova and the fate of their galaxy.

The first chapter felt choppy and didnt really grip my interest, but after that it just got better and better. Its exciting, realistic and I could easily picture the world the author created.
The few issues I faced were, I found some parts of the story was predictable and we sort of get to know our MC in a rush so I dont really connect with her very much (probably because its just below a 100 pgs, so its justified I guess).
As much as I liked the world,  something I felt off was, we get to know a preview of her surroundings and then MC gets involved in her business and we dont get to know much of it. Again its just episode 1, so im sure episode 2 will make up for it.

The whole idea of the story is pretty intrigueing (trust me its way cooler than it sounds in the synopsis), and the author did a pretty good job executing the idea, making it plausible and amazing.
The antagnoist...I have a thing for villains, I tend to be more drawn to them than the good guys.sometimes. Its pretty impactful the events surrounding the villain, and I feel we'll have something good coming up in the future episodes (villainish good though).

Overall I loved this book, despite being short it managed to hook me in and not leave it till I got to then end.
Worth the read!
Looking forward to the sequel!

Thank you Netgalley ,Keary Taylor and Xpresso book tours for this e-Arc.
I am so grateful that I had been approved to read this because it absolutely blew me away.

The front cover drew me towards this book, it had a very Star Wars feel to it and I adore this type of genre when it comes to reading. I wasn’t really sure what to expect when I came to the realisation that it was 88 pages long but it feels so much longer than that because of how great the story itself is.

I loved the whole world that Nova describes, it wasn’t confusing or too much for me as a reader. I truly immersed myself in this and got lost in the pages. The characters were well written and I truly felt for Zayne a little when it came to his and Nova’s past. But I could also understand why Nova was drawn to what she did also. I liked the language and the dialogue between characters, the description of the planet and of course the entire existance Of Neron. How it is practically described as a life source, how it powers this and that and how weapons are made with it. It was great picturing it in my mind filled with this electric blue colour that surrounded the galaxy.

My love of all things sci fi also includes gaming, hearing about Neron reminded me a lot of “Eezo” or Element Zero from the Mass Effect Series. It too powers mostly everything and is mined. However not to the extent that Neron has however, its the source of life and is everywhere and is used to power practically everything and is also very powerful when in the wrong hands.

I loved the episode format, it is very different - it really leaves you wanting more. I will definitely be recommending this book and I was lucky enough to be accepted to read Neron Skies and I simply cant wait to find out what happens to Nova and the mysterious Valen Nero who I need to read more about.

This is a brilliant story, and it’s a really great example of Sci-Fi / Romance at its finest and is a great book as a starter in to the genre for the people who aren’t to sure about it and want to give it a try.
I received this novel from net galley and the publisher. Thank you!
This novel was a short read and the series is being told in "episodes". In this first episode, we meet Nova, who wants to get off the planet with her father and friend. She has a job but on the side makes weapons illegally with Neron. The Dominion wants control over all the Neron and they currently do not know about the Neron deposits on Korpillion, but secrets never stay secrets forever. Neron has incredible powers when it weapons and can even be dangerous to those who can wield it. Nova is independent and smart, but she wants more than just the same daily routine. Nova has a mind connection to a young man, but she does not know who he is, but he seems to know about her. Nova does not understand this ability though. When Nova discovers who the man whose thoughts connect with her, she is in shock. He helps her to get off the planet when the Dominion arrive, but she does not quite know what to think of the visions she has of this man. Nova and others are now travelling to find a people only thought to be legends to discover who Nova is.
(The Neron Rising Saga book was is a fabulous blend of sci-fi and action. Good story and greatly enjoyed