Yoga for Everyone

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Aug 2019

I would and will definitely buy this book. I love how it goes through each yoga pose - with alternatives to accommodate any challenges and then also gives you set programs you can do on your own ! And so many photos !!!
This book is exactly what the yoga world needs! As a bigger person, the pictures and modifications were so helpful that I ordered a copy for myself right away and another to gift a friend. Plus Dianne’s style is so encouraging and supportive, you will want to continue to explore your yoga practice. Yoga is for everyone with this essential book!
I loved this title. Having modifications to suit larger body sizes for yoga is essential and not often taught in yoga classes at fitness centers is an incredible help. Now every size body can try yoga and reap its benefits without giving up on moves a larger body cannot do without modification. This is something I would refer to regularly as it helps keep me from too much weight stress on my joints with difficult moves.
While the book illustrates a number of alternatives to enable everyone to participate in yoga, anyone who has had an introductory class in yoga would be aware of most of these methods.
"Yoga for Everyone" makes yoga accessible for many different body types and abilities. There are many different variations for the various asanas to make stretching and strength building more attainable for all. The descriptions and pictures work well together, however, I recommend the smaller font with the arrows be changed so it is more readable.
Really nice book! The photos are very helpful, and I appreciated all the different sizes, shapes, colors, and abilities of the models. It made me feel that I indeed could do yoga and succeed! A great introduction to yoga for anyone who wants to try it.
This is an encouraging book of yoga designed to introduce it to everyone. There are 50 poses designed for anyone to do whether a person is old or young, big or small and a wide variety of ability. It gives various skill levels to the poses and easy to follow steps. It is also encouraging letting the reader know they can do it with the various options available in the book, which allows for everyone to do yoga with every body type.
This book is helpful and well designed showing you step-by-step or instruction-by-instruction how to do the poses properly or how to use any prop correctly. Even if you have trouble with something there are many variations that could work for you as there are options available because the point of this book is to help every body. If you want to improve your balance, gain focus or improve strength this book could help you begin working on yoga to achieve your goals. If you have tried yoga before and had trouble or you thought about starting yoga, but didn’t know where to begin this is a great way to introduce yourself to yoga or start. It is a helpful yoga book for everyone and every body type.
When the title says "Yoga for Everyone: 50 Poses For Every Type of Body", it really is everyone; you see poses suitable for men, women, pregnant moms, elderly, amputees. The book accommodates for everyone, which was an absolute pleasant surprise while reading it.
It does this by having many variations, portrayed with lots of photos, so it's easy to follow
I was really impressed by this book due to the diversity of models and people used for poses.
The book doesn't stop there. There are also short bios of yoga instructors and enthusiasts and how they got into yoga. And it's quite inspirational, because they come from different type of careers and background, with different degrees of capability in yoga. I believe many people can relate to these people.
The representation is amazing; the book breaks away from the typical mold of an ideal yoga professional that is usually portrayed in yoga books, and takes an egalitarian approach of including all body types and capabilities.
The author makes yoga an egalitarian pursuit open to all takers in this colorful guide. Photos feature the young, old, thin, curvy, pregnant, and differently abled making the ancient practice their own, with poses shown to fit their particular needs. A wonderful addition to the yogic canon, one I look forward to using to strengthen my aching back. 5/5

Pub Date 02 Apr 2019.

Thanks to the author, publisher and NetGalley for the review copy. Opinions are mine.

#YogaForEveryone #NetGalley
"Yoga for Everyone" is a great book for those who are brand new to doing a yoga practice or those who need a refresher.  The book offers bright, colorful pictures of each pose with descriptions to make them super easy to follow.  I also love how each pose has several variations so literally anyone can participate.  I also love the sequence examples at the end which uses poses from throughout the book.  I have started doing the evening sequence on a regular basis and have noticed a difference in how long it takes to fall asleep.  I find that I am more relaxed and feel so much better when it's time for bed.  I would recommend this book to anyone looking to start or re-start their yoga practice!
This book is so amazing!

Yoga for everyone and every body type. Seriously!
So many variations and well-photographed pictures that show you exactly what to do.

I always felt bad when trying yoga (numerous times), because I could never achieve the poses showed by the instructors. Yes, they said I could modify it because I am a newbie, but I didn't know how to go about the modifications.

And this is the main reason why I think this book is so amazing. It fills a gap that needed attention. It helps those of us that are not "fit" just yet.

Besides all the modifications, seeing all those different body types is so helpful and encouraging, empowering even. It literally goes beyond telling yoga is for everybody, to actually showing you that yoga can be learned and perform by anyone.

I read this book as someone that wants to learn to do yoga, but I can see this can also help yoga teachers to show their students how to go about adopting yoga poses and practices as beginners with less strength as flexible as a teacher that is probably practicing yoga for years and might not quite remember how it is intimidating for a newbie to see all those poses and balancing performed by a professional.

Yoga for everyone also shows you that the people in the book are not just models posing for the photographs. They are real people practicing yoga. Some even instructors themselves.

This book is truly a valuable resource for anyone trying to learn yoga.
This book is an amazing intro into yoga poses.
all broken down step by step, and the use of photos are just great.
The fact it shows and explains modifications step by step also is such a bonus.
I'd definatly recomend this for anyone interested in yoga.
Thanks to netgalley for providing an arc for an honest review
I cannot tell you how many times I have had clients come to me and ask if there is a different way to do a yoga pose, that actually they can do. Dianne Bondy has written a wonderful book, that will reach the needs of many yoga enthusiasts. I think for most people just trying yoga for the first time, it can be a bit intimidating. I have had several conversations with people about the difficulty they experience when coming to a yoga class, they think they cannot possibly do it and should quite. “Yoga for Everyone”, will save a lot of people from missing out on the life changing experience you get from Yoga, by enabling anyone to do it.

I enjoyed the way the author displayed the original yoga pose, then on the next page, gave several variations depending on your body makeup, of poses that are unique to your individual needs. She covers all the basics of yoga, with 50 poses in this well written book, as well as sequences in the back you can include in your daily routine. Each is labeled to a particular personnel need you might have. The pictures instruct the reader with such clarity, that this is a great book for an at home yoga self-taught experience.

I have been teaching yoga for 10 years now, and will be recommending “Yoga for Everyone” by Dianne Bondy to my clients, to reaffirm that they CAN do yoga.
#YogaForEveryone #NetGalley
Other "yoga for everyone" type books I've read have been more manifesto than instruction. This simple book fills in the gap. With diverse bodies, large images, and thorough modifications, the book made me want to drop everything and practice now. I spent decades practicing yoga in the closet because I didn't think I looked the part. I love seeing a shift in the community's perception of what yoga looks like. A book like this will encourage many people to practice without feeling excluded.
Excellent instruction book for yoga students and teachers. Alternative poses for different body types and capabilities with and without props.
When Dianne Bondy says Yoga For Everyone she means everyone. The book includes multiple poses with variations of each. There are multiple color photographs for each pose and the models for the poses are of varying abilities and sizes which drives home the "everyone" even more.  This is a valuable book for anyone wanting to start yoga.

Yoga is for every body, including yours!

For years, yoga books have asked readers to bend over backwards (literally!) to conform to their physical demands. It's time for the opposite—for readers to demand that yoga conforms to their individual needs. It's time for a yoga book to reflect the broader population that would benefit from a yoga practice geared toward them. It's time for Yoga for Everyone!

This book offers yoga for every type of body: those who are big, small, elderly, pregnant, or of various physical abilities—everyone. No matter who you are or what you look like or what your abilities are, you can do all 50 poses in this book. The variations to classic poses in this book will also allow you to perform all 10 sequences, which combine different poses into one singular experience and focus on specific physical and mental benefits.

So, forget what you've heard. Yoga isn't just for the privileged few. It's meant to be enjoyed by everybody and every body. Yes, you can do yoga—and Yoga for Everyone will show you how!
I am very intimidated by yoga as I am surrounded my Lululemon clad sticks who I am sure are looking at my plus-size bum in some hideous Walmart outfit: and they are bendy and flexible to boot!  This book is amazing as it shows how to do Yoga FOR EVERYONE --- plus-size, chair-bound, senior, etc. etc. and it includes everyone, unlike those snotty b*****s at most yoga classes.

When I was in my cast, I learned to do chair yoga and I was sweaty as heck by the end of it --- don’t make your “handicap” or the size of your bum and thighs.  This may be the most important book about non-exclusive exercise that was ever written. Don't be afraid of yoga - try it!!!

As always, I try to find a reason to not rate with stars as I love emojis (outside of their incessant use by Millennials on Instagram and Twitter) so let's give it 🧘🧘🧘🧘🧘 (I heard that there are more Yoga emojis coming soon as yoga is so hot right now!)

NOTE: I cannot link this review to LinkedIn - there is something wrong with the linking/programming and it will not happen.
Yoga for everyone is a great book for people who are just learning about yoga (myself) and even for people who are seasoned yogis would enjoy this useful resource. The cover also deserves some fine praise, since that's why I chose this book. I am so glad that I did, I found amazing stretches for my neck and shoulder area that I have been experiencing pain in for months. It's worth keeping on the shelf.
This is a very straightforward guide that describes each pose in a simple manner. Nothing was over-complicated and the format was easy to understand. I really enjoyed this and feel like this is a great start for any beginner.
I received this book, in exchange for an honest review from Netgalley.

Guys, I love this book! I'm not big on yoga, but I would love to get back into it. Yoga for Everyone is fantastic for the beginner or anyone struggling with sequences. The first portion of the book is dedicated to each pose and variations you can use. Towards the end, Bondy gives you sequences to try (and what pages you find the specific poses on!)

I love the models, and the unobtrusive biographies sprinkled about. The pictures were stunning and showcase the yoga poses very well. This book is fantastic for all bodies, all shapes, all abilities. If you want to give yoga a try but have been shy to try it or visit a studio, give this book a read!