The Naked Truth

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 21 May 2019

This memoir is heart-warming, heart-wrenching, humorous, and informative all at the same time. Morgan makes you question the things that really matter in life in a very interesting way. The writing is descriptive, and the story line is top notch. I highly recommend.
I received this book free from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.
Thanks NetGalley!

i was intrigued by the descrption of this book.        the author has a lovely way with words.    as someone who recently divorced an emotionally abusive man myself, i could relate so much to Leslie.    This book is REAL and makes you feel there.

great read.
It's definitely one of a kind memoir. I definitely enjoyed the author's explicit honesty about her experience with the five guys she's with. The self-confidence she has regained, and the life lessons she has learned over the course of the relationships. She was able to finally explore her sexuality, which I personally did not find disturbing or mind at all. I think that women should reclaim themselves if they feel like/are not happy with who they were.
A candid, explicit account of the author's post divorce journey of rediscovering her sexuality. Morgan ended a dead marriage and jumped into casual sex with younger men. She seems to find them everywhere and wasn't shy. These casual hook ups seem to be almost too cliche, until she meets an old boyfriend and she falls hard. Only to discover that he's petty, spiteful, and cruel. Ultimately, she discovers, that despite the sex, she is still her own  best company.
This book is a bit graphic and salacious but I enjoyed it. The author is very candid as she shares her experiences of reclaiming herself and her sexuality after the ending of her marriage to an emotionally abusive man. She shows that just because you're over 50 doesn't mean your sex life has to end.
I enjoyed this book a great deal. The author exhibits great honesty as she shares her experiences of reclaiming herself and her sexuality after the ending of her 20 year marriage to an emotionally abusive man. All in all, an inspiring and worthwhile read. My thanks to NetGalley for providing me with an arc in exchange for my honest review.
A detailed encounter of the authors divorce and subsequent single lifestyle .  This book was graciously provided via netgalley in exchange for an honest review.
Leslie definitely has a way with words, and creating her journey after her divorce. I felt like I was there with her. This book follows Leslie through the end of an emotionally abusive relationship to casual dating five men. You are never too old to learn new lessons. She proves that just because you are pushing fifty, doesn't mean you can be confident, and sexy. It doesn't make you less of a feminist either. This book was sexy, and passionate.

It isn't all the fun parts. It is real, and the nitty gritty. Which, I mean, I feel makes it truly a memoir. Not just all the fun parts. Which there are. Leslie handles balancing her mom life, and single life. Leslie always takes something away from every situation. Even when it hurts.  This book is full of hope of life after divorce and abuse.
Not my cup of tea even though I do love salacious sex and storied infidelities. The book was in many ways too juvenile, especially for a trained writer and experienced woman such as Leslie Morgan. The writing was actually not good at all I am sorry to say and I abandoned the book before the halfway mark.
okay, I have to say this book was really only marginally interesting to me. In fairness to the author, I was born and raised at a time when sexuality was a private, and  monogamous way of life.
I get that she is recently divorced after decades of marriage to a a man who was emotionally and sexually repressive. I get that she was looking for adventure, and her own self esteem and approval. don't quite get why she needed 5 men to do that.
This was a pretty good read. The book was very relatable to women who are aging and starting their lives over as single mothers, jumping into the dating pool.. This book by Leslie Morgan takes you through the ending of her marriage to a man who clearly was only still in the marriage for comfort, to her dating life and finding herself again as a women. Leslie at times frustrated me with her constant feelings of finding her self worth through men, especially when she was such a successful woman with really minor life problems in the grand scheme of things. Leslie easily takes vacations on short notice with her “boyfriends”,, has a great job that allows her to travel and really lives a life of ease. You do see that even with all Leslie has she is still a broken woman who doesn’t realize her self-worth until literally the end of the book. I loved that Leslie had great friends who she relied on and who gave her excellent advice on men and realistic dating. Stick with the book until the end because I do feel there is a lesson in it for all women, as we have all been through the ups and downs of emotionally abusive relationships and men who were just not as available as the woman is.
I just couldn’t get through this. Though I am the author’s age when she wrote it, and though the book is supposedly about sexual awakening at mid-life, it is a little too focused on the aspects of aging that could coexist with sexuality for the author.
I don’t think of myself in such binary aged terms.
Well, this book was not what I expected. It is loaded with graphic sexual content.W hen Leslie Morgan divorced after a twenty-year marriage plagued by suspicions of infidelity and lack of intimacy, both her self-esteem and romantic optimism were shattered. She was determined to avoid the cliché of a lonely, middle-aged divorcee lamenting her stretch marks and begging her kids to help craft an online dating profile. Instead, Leslie celebrates her independence by seeking out the erotic adventures and authentic connections long missing from her marriage with an audacious plan: devote a year to finding five lovers.
Let's just say, Leslie was a very busy woman. This is a Memoir.
Thanks, to NetGalley for the advance copy to review.
Honest and a bit cringe-worthy, this is quite a read. Well done.

Thanks to author,publisher and Netgalley for the chance to read this book. While I got the book for free,it had no bearing on the rating I gave it.