Dangerous Beauty

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 08 Apr 2019

I love JT Geissenger and have many of her books, so I was excited when this ARC was offered to me through NetGalley. Unfortunately, I was disappointed. I had a hard time getting into this book. It just didn't hold my attention. The constant teasing throughout the book was too much and many of the teasings wasn't funny at all. The relationship between Naz and Eva was lacking. With cliffhanger, I'll have to read the next book!
And now I’m hooked!!!

Eva and Nasir have me hooked! Their chemistry is explosive and jumps right off the page! I was absolutely consumed. I went in blind and was pleasantly surprised and pleased with the overall plot and storyline. And that ending is WOW!

The author does such a fantastic job keeping the readers engaged and looking forward to more!

Here’s what I loved:
Despite Eva’s history she’s very open, trusting, and giving to Nasir. She is smart, sweet, and so full of life. I hurt for her! She’s such an amazing character.

Nasir’s description had me salivating. He sounds sexy!! Like fanfreakingtastic! His dedication to those he loves is very endearing.

I loved the humor and banter between them. It really supported the progression of their relationship. I was impressed by the humor and banter.

The writing and storyline are fabulous. Overall, this is a solid and definitely recommended.
Dangerous beauty is the story of a woman escaping her prison and learning to trust and a man who is trying to complete a job but soon realizes that things are not what they seem. Nasir works for a security company and his job is to observe a missing wife.

Eva is on her own finally. She is going to make her life better but the sexy stranger is drawing her attention. It’s filled with action and suspense and flirtation and so much more but it does end in a cliff hanger:

I enjoyed it a lot and can’t wait for the next one.
dammit, this book was good. Naz was so sweet and pure, and deserves the sun and the moon.
this was similar to meghan march books, maybe a little less raunchy, but the vibe that i got from the book was extremely similar.
4 1/2 Suspenseful Stars!

Naz is a former military man who has joined a security company that has been hired to watch the wife of a Russian mobster. But he intervenes when a drug gang harasses his mark ... the beautiful Eva. Eva knows there is something special about the mountain of a man that saved her ... she just has no idea that he works for the man she ran away from.

This book has a huge cliffhanger! I really enjoyed the suspense, romance and the steamy scenes. Who wouldn’t want Naz watching their every move? And I loved that Eva was a badass and could hold her own. Her ex is just creepy! Can’t wait for the next book.

I received a copy courtesy of Montlake Romance through NetGalley in exchange for a honest review.
OMG, the chemistry between Eva and Nasir is amazing. The cliffhanger ending though!! Why Eva? Why?! I can't wait to read the next installment. This is a promising author.
ARC provided via NetGalley in exchange for an honest review. I voluntarily read and reviewed an advanced copy of this book. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
From the very first page, the story of Naz and Evalina had absolutely captivated me. A woman on the run and the man sent to Cozumel, Mexico to keep an eye on her for her mobster husband. A dangerous attraction and a love that can cost them everything, this slow burn romance kept me riveted to the pages.
The very second Eva appeared on the pages, I was fascinated with her. This is a woman that has clearly been to hell, and she has no desire to go back.
Survival is simply the art of suffering gracefully when we’re up against forces out of our control. I lost my fear of dying because I expected it every minute of every day. Tomorrows only exist in our minds.
This is a woman that lived through her worst nightmare and has the scars to show for it. On the run for her life, she’s come to Cozumel to live a life under the radar. But then an alluring stranger saves her life and there’s just something about him that she can’t stop thinking about.
Why is your heart hammering, Naz?” “Because you’re crack and I’m an addict.”
Naz is all alpha with a heart of gold. This is a man that puts his life on the line for a living, but now he’s supposed to have an easy assignment; keep an eye on a mobster’s errant run away wife. But nothing is what it seems, and it doesn’t take long for Naz to realize that his assignment is not at all what he thought. And he’ll stop at nothing to protect the woman that he couldn’t help but fall for, even if it costs him everything.
As much as I love a grumpy alpha that fights his feelings with everything he’s got, Naz’s easy affection and fierce protectiveness of Eva made my heart melt. I loved the way that he was with her. This is a man that doesn’t try to go after a woman while holding on to his secrets, and I really liked that about him. He wanted to be with Eva without the pretense of who they thought the other was, and there’s a lot of secrets to unearth between the two of them.
After a moment of shock, I manage, “What are we doing?”
“Badasses like to spoon before a nap, sweetheart.” He presses a soft kiss to the nape of my neck.
“Oh. I wasn’t aware.”
I loved the delicious slow burn between Eva and him. The chemistry was downright incendiary, so by the time they finally give into it, I thought I would explode myself.
There are some subject matters in this book that may be a bit of a trigger for some, so just go in knowing that it does run on the slightly darker side with Eva’s past. The woman is a fighter, though. I loved the way she protects Naz in her own right. There’s this core of strength to her that you can’t help but respect. This is not a woman that runs from her demons, but she faces them head on.
There’s plenty of action along the way and a cameo from my favorite duo Connor and Tabby, from Wicked Sexy. I will never have enough of these two.
Dangerous Beauty is the first book in a trilogy and I’m downright salivating for book two. I adore all things JT Geissinger, and she managed to deliver yet another heart pounding, suspenseful and sizzling read that will keep readers glued to the pages from begging to end.
DNF

I was unaware before going into this book that this would be a series featuring the same couple. This one ends in a cliffhanger, so I'm putting the book on hold until all the books are out to binge read.
Nasir is a hired bodyguard and his new assignment is going to be ridiculously easy - Follow the spoiled wife of a Russian thug who has runaway (again) to Mexico. Eva has escaped to Mexico and is getting by, living her life the way she wants. Until one day, she makes a wrong turn and is face to face with a drug gang. Lucky for her, a handsome ex-cop was there to save her. Then they begin to see each other all over town. She has to get to know him. As the relationship between Naz and Eva begins to grow, as does the sexual tension.

This novel was so well written that I couldn't put it down! The connection between Naz and Eva is instant and hot! The more and more they spend time with each other, the more and more I can't stop reading. The slow burn is real with this one.

When Naz tells her the truth about everything and the way Eva reacts to it.. Kind of irked me though. I mean, I felt like she over reacted to the whole situation based on past experiences. Everything begins to change when secrets are revealed and the cliff hanger at the end?! Man, I can not wait for the next one in this series! First time with this author and it will definitely not be my last.

Huge 5/5 stars
I love this author and this book. Definitely was a little disappointed it was a cliffhanger but can't wait for the next book. This is a spinoff series so you can catch glimpses of previous characters. It was a nice steamy read. The characters really flow with one another and the love story is perfect.
The author did such a great job developing the characters, that I feel like I really know them, and not just the major two characters, but the minor ones too.

I loved everything about it - the characters, the plot, the emotion, the writing, and the ability that the author had to tell me a story that had me wanting this book to go on and on.

I received a copy of this book and am voluntarily leaving a review.
Geissinger is one of my favourite contemporary romance authors. She's auto buy for me.
What do we have here? Action, adventure and suspense mix with steamy romance.

Eve is a a brave, strong and sassy heroine, her past made her like that. And Naz... he is such a great character. so protective, loving and funny. Not to mention sexy. They fall for each others very fast. I prefer slow burns, but in this case I understand this insta fascination and connection. This story is full of secrets, intrigue and suspense.
Banter between these two is awesome. You can always count on this in Geissinger's books.
Plus, he have (yes!) Tabby and Connor from Wicked Games.
Now. I'm waiting for book 2.
Former Special Ops Naz, was hired to spy on a Russian’s wife, Eve.  Weeks on end of keeping track and staying away from her, Naz has no choice but to intervene when she is gets in trouble.  One thing leads to another and they become fast friends, of course, much more in the end. Being that Eve is connected to the MOB, things get pretty crazy in Naz and Eve’s story.

As always, Geissinger did not disappoint. I enjoyed every bit of this book.  The easy going friendship that formed into a romance between Naz and Eve, the funny banters, and the light suspense and action was everything I needed.  The cameos of characters from Wicked Games series was a good plus. They made this book even more fun having to know them from before, but rest assure that the focus did not stray from the H/h of the story.

Geisinger is an auto-read for me so, without reading the blurb, I just dove in.  If you don’t already know, this book is part one of a three-part series and with that said, you can expect that there is no HEA in this book.  There is a little cliffhanger at the end, but you get the gist of where the author is taking the story, so it’s not too bad. You will however will want to read more. Rest assure, the next book Dangerous Desire is schedule to release August twentieth of this year and Dangerous Games will release shortly after in January 2020.
This author surprises me every time she has a new book!This was fun and sexy.It was fast paced and it has the perfect amount of angst!

"I love how she wears her heart on her sleeve and doesn’t pretend to be tough.
She isn’t tough. She’s strong, but not tough. She’s obviously capable and independent and whip smart, but she’s also vulnerable. Sweet. Soft. "

Eva was refreshing, Nasir was a protector by nature and when feelings are getting in the way, he can do everything for the other, especially EvaThis couple were so freaking cute and fun and sexy .I couldn't get enough of them!
When I requested an ARC from Netgalley with this story, I said it would probably have the same plot with the previous stories that I read.

But, oh, boy I'm wrong!

Nasir is one hot bodyguard that no one can resist! I'm drooling with the description of him and I'm so happy reading his point of view!

I'm sad about the bad experiences of Eva but I'm grateful that she survives. She is truly a strong woman who is smart and independent.

I wasn't able to finish the story quickly because I was postponing it.  I'm so in love with Naz and Eva! I can't wait to read Dangerous Desires and hopefully, Dimitri would finally get what he deserved!

Thank you for the ARC, Montlake Romance!
4.5 stars!
I didn’t realize this was going to be a cliffhanger type book and thought it would be similar to other series I have read by this author. But honestly, it didn’t bother me in the least.
Naz and Eva... I loved the instant connection, the banter, Naz’s protective nature and his heart, his need to do the right thing by Eva who has suffered so much at the hands of her ex boyfriend.
I about died at the end bec I NEED to know what will happen to these characters and I can’t freakin wait for more gahhhhhhh
What a thrilling start to Geissinger's new Dangerous Beauty series! Nasir, a former Special Ops military man and bodyguard has a new job keeping tabs on the runaway wife of his Russian client. But the more he watches the beautiful, kind, courageous woman, the more intrigued he becomes with her. She is nothing like the woman he was lead to believe she was and he can't help the attraction he feels for her. Evalina is cautious, and vigilant, but when she sees the sexy man who helped her escape from danger, she can't help but begin to feel safe with him. But no matter how close they get to each other, the secrets Eva and Naz closely guard, could destroy them both. Naz is determined to keep Eva safe and she doesn't make it easy. I loved the banter between Naz and Eva and their chemistry is explosive. I also loved his colleagues, Connor and Tabby who added so much fun to this story. This fast paced, gripping story is an exciting and steamy romance with plot twists that will have you on edge trying to figure out what will happen next. I was stunned at the end and can't wait to read the second book of this trilogy, Dangerous Desires.
QueenZany 4 Star Review
Dangerous Beauty
by  J. T. Geissinger

OMG! WTF???
Dangerous Beauty is one crazy ass ride!
Oh, no it's wild! I had no clue what I was store! So to say I was a little dumbfounded is saying it mildly. Crazy sex hot and oh the twist!!!! My head is trying t recover! But F**K the cliffhanger!!!!! OMFG!
Cliffhanger warning!!! Prepare your heart!

This story is fun, sexy and full of suspense. You'll definitely be "one more chapter-ing" this bad boy until you fall asleep with it in your reading chair.

The author really let's these two characters develop without missing a beat on the plot. Can't wait to see what happens next!
5 Thelma and Dudley Riveting Stars****
I absolutely love and adore Geissinger's writing. There is soooooo much humor, hot sex, action and I feel overwhelmed with emotions while reading her books and Dangerous Beauty is no exception. I always take the time to fully focus on her writing and story and make sure that I am not interrupted in any way shape or form, Lol. In this beautiful story we have Nasir and Evalina, I just about fell love with him. Naz and Eva do not meet under the best circumstances. Naz is keeping a huge secret from Eva, while slowly falling in love with her. Once Naz discovers the truth, he knows he has to be upfront and honest. Wow, did that conversation end up badly. Evalina was amazing! I loved her humor, courage and her love for Naz. She is the best!! Eva has been in hiding and is running after 7 years of emotional and physical abuse from her captor.
Once the truth is revealed Naz makes it his mission to take him down.
And the best part of this fantastic story is...we have Connor and Tabby time! Wooooohoooooo they are like my absolute favorite couple from the Wicked Games series. They are actually the first book I ever read by Geissinger and I totally fell in love with her writing style. It is an awesome privilege to read an author who makes me feel the way I do when reading her work. Yes!!!!! I have to admit that the ending though, that ending...almost killed me. I was like Nooooooo...however I know that Geissinger will make it all better soon. Lol. Loved it! Kudos on another job well done, Geissinger!!!

SPOILER AHEAD******
Some awesome quotes...read at your own risk!

"She says with quiet wonder, “I can feel my heartbeat in my fingertips.”“I know. Me too.” I advance another step. She’s an arm’s length away. I see it when she begins to tremble. “This must be what a stroke feels like,” she whispers as I reach out and touch her face. “Probably not this good.” I slide my hand into her hair, and she bites her lip."

"Blinking slowly, she licks her lips. “Do you brush your teeth with narcotics? I feel drugged.”

And this quote by Eva was the BEST!!!

“The average woman exhibits more courage before lunch every day than a soldier does his entire career. The bravery of women is what built the entire world. You men just like to take credit for it.”

****I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book provided by NetGalley*****