Cover Image: Dangerous Beauty

Dangerous Beauty

4.5 stars!
I didn’t realize this was going to be a cliffhanger type book and thought it would be similar to other series I have read by this author. But honestly, it didn’t bother me in the least.
Naz and Eva... I loved the instant connection, the banter, Naz’s protective nature and his heart, his need to do the right thing by Eva who has suffered so much at the hands of her ex boyfriend.
I about died at the end bec I NEED to know what will happen to these characters and I can’t freakin wait for more gahhhhhhh
What a thrilling start to Geissinger's new Dangerous Beauty series! Nasir, a former Special Ops military man and bodyguard has a new job keeping tabs on the runaway wife of his Russian client. But the more he watches the beautiful, kind, courageous woman, the more intrigued he becomes with her. She is nothing like the woman he was lead to believe she was and he can't help the attraction he feels for her. Evalina is cautious, and vigilant, but when she sees the sexy man who helped her escape from danger, she can't help but begin to feel safe with him. But no matter how close they get to each other, the secrets Eva and Naz closely guard, could destroy them both. Naz is determined to keep Eva safe and she doesn't make it easy. I loved the banter between Naz and Eva and their chemistry is explosive. I also loved his colleagues, Connor and Tabby who added so much fun to this story. This fast paced, gripping story is an exciting and steamy romance with plot twists that will have you on edge trying to figure out what will happen next. I was stunned at the end and can't wait to read the second book of this trilogy, Dangerous Desires.
QueenZany 4 Star Review
Dangerous Beauty
by  J. T. Geissinger

OMG! WTF???
Dangerous Beauty is one crazy ass ride!
Oh, no it's wild! I had no clue what I was store! So to say I was a little dumbfounded is saying it mildly. Crazy sex hot and oh the twist!!!! My head is trying t recover! But F**K the cliffhanger!!!!! OMFG!
Cliffhanger warning!!! Prepare your heart!

This story is fun, sexy and full of suspense. You'll definitely be "one more chapter-ing" this bad boy until you fall asleep with it in your reading chair.

The author really let's these two characters develop without missing a beat on the plot. Can't wait to see what happens next!
5 Thelma and Dudley Riveting Stars****
I absolutely love and adore Geissinger's writing. There is soooooo much humor, hot sex, action and I feel overwhelmed with emotions while reading her books and Dangerous Beauty is no exception. I always take the time to fully focus on her writing and story and make sure that I am not interrupted in any way shape or form, Lol. In this beautiful story we have Nasir and Evalina, I just about fell love with him. Naz and Eva do not meet under the best circumstances. Naz is keeping a huge secret from Eva, while slowly falling in love with her. Once Naz discovers the truth, he knows he has to be upfront and honest. Wow, did that conversation end up badly. Evalina was amazing! I loved her humor, courage and her love for Naz. She is the best!! Eva has been in hiding and is running after 7 years of emotional and physical abuse from her captor.
Once the truth is revealed Naz makes it his mission to take him down.
And the best part of this fantastic story is...we have Connor and Tabby time! Wooooohoooooo they are like my absolute favorite couple from the Wicked Games series. They are actually the first book I ever read by Geissinger and I totally fell in love with her writing style. It is an awesome privilege to read an author who makes me feel the way I do when reading her work. Yes!!!!! I have to admit that the ending though, that ending...almost killed me. I was like Nooooooo...however I know that Geissinger will make it all better soon. Lol. Loved it! Kudos on another job well done, Geissinger!!!

SPOILER AHEAD******
Some awesome quotes...read at your own risk!

"She says with quiet wonder, “I can feel my heartbeat in my fingertips.”“I know. Me too.” I advance another step. She’s an arm’s length away. I see it when she begins to tremble. “This must be what a stroke feels like,” she whispers as I reach out and touch her face. “Probably not this good.” I slide my hand into her hair, and she bites her lip."

"Blinking slowly, she licks her lips. “Do you brush your teeth with narcotics? I feel drugged.”

And this quote by Eva was the BEST!!!

“The average woman exhibits more courage before lunch every day than a soldier does his entire career. The bravery of women is what built the entire world. You men just like to take credit for it.”

****I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book provided by NetGalley*****
One of my favorite reads so far this year!

I found this gem of an author last year on Netgalley and I fell completely in love with her writing and the stories she has created.  Dangerous Beauty  is not an exception and is now my favorite book of hers.

I fell in love with Nasir and Evalina right from the beginning, these two are amazing characters and the chemistry between them is obvious since moment one! It's sexy, explosive and consuming, but that's not all! Even when the story is full of suspense and intrigue, it will also make you laugh out loud, for real. I love how understanding these two are of each other, they fit perfectly together.

Nas and Eva made my heart hurt because of how much they fought to keep their feelings for each other at bay, how they struggled to walk away from the other one when all they wanted to do was to hold on and never let go. Reading about them falling for each other gave me all the feels.

This entire book is an emotional rollercoaster from start to end (jawdropping cliffhanger) and I can't wait to get the next book in my hands!

Hilarious, intriguing and heartwarming.
Loved it.
Eva is a fantastic character strong yet vulnerable, slightly broken yet brilliantly honest.
Naz is a wounded man struggling with his own demons, then his own desires and values as what he's tasked to clashes with what he believes is right.
What follows is a rollercoaster of one man's greed, one man's desire and the woman in the middle that just wants to be herself..
I'll be honest, I put off reading this book because I wasn't in the mood for a dark mafia. But I knew I wouldn't be disappointed with a Geisinger book. I'm so glad I finally picked it up. I loved Eva and Nasir. Their story was surprisingly fun and while there was some darkness, the witty banter between the two was a perfect contradiction. I can't wait for the rest of the series because I'm not a fan of cliffhangers. Gimme gimme.
Reviews by the Wicked Reads Review Team

Ruthie – ☆☆☆☆☆
I absolutely loved this book... although I need book two NOW, please, pretty please!

It is impossible not to like these two lead characters, and want everything good for them... but anyone who has read Geissinger before will know that there are going to be a number of twists and turns before we get the happily ever after that we know they deserve.

Told by turns by Eva and Naz, we know all too soon that they are pretty much on a road to disaster, and they also both know that the chances of this being all they wish it could be are slim. Their painful pasts may be entirely different, but the intelligence, humour, and chemistry make them suddenly light and happy when together – it is so pleasurable to watch them on their 'dates.'

I have to say that there were a few times when I had to stop reading, look away, and steel myself to keep going, as I was so invested in things going well that I was worried about reading on! But a few deep breaths later and I couldn't really resist carrying on... and get completely hooked back into the drama.

As the percentage read went up I was really worried at which point I would be left hanging, and thankfully, whilst it is a cliffhanger, I now, a day later, can acknowledge that it could have been far worse. That said, the sooner I know what happens next, and how it can all work out, the better.

In addition to the Naz and Eva story, we also get to enjoy Connor and Tabby in their natural habitat, which is always fun too.
This author surprises me every time she has a new book!This was fun and sexy.It was fast paced and it has the perfect amount of angst!

"I love how she wears her heart on her sleeve and doesn’t pretend to be tough.
She isn’t tough. She’s strong, but not tough. She’s obviously capable and independent and whip smart, but she’s also vulnerable. Sweet. Soft. "

Eva was refreshing, Nasir was a protector by nature and when feelings are getting in the way, he can do everything for the other, especially EvaThis couple were so freaking cute and fun and sexy .I couldn't get enough of them!
First, let me say that the ending has a cliff hanger, I don’t like to mention anything about endings but I read so many books that a lot of times I forget when the next book is coming out. That being said I was taken with this story from the very beginning. Eva has gotten away from her rich captive and is now in Mexico. She is going through the streets but she knows someone is following her. Enter Nasir, former Spec Ops, and bodyguard. He is now working at protecting her. He is supposed to be following her and reporting back to the man who hired them. Problem one she is walking into danger by going into the wrong area. Now he comes in to save her without it looking like he was following her. Problem two, three and four he begins to fall for her. He enjoys showing up where she will be. Then he finds other things about her and they begin to fall for each other. When he finds out that the reason that they were hired were false, the company takes them both away. Finally thinking maybe everything will work out for her and him. No one afternoon they are attacked by the man who hired them. Nasir ends up in the hospital and after she knows he will make it while she is talking to him he gets the feeling that she is saying goodbye. Bingo, he got it well maybe in the next book he will because you don’t get that part it just ends. You do know the deal she made, but in the other books by this author book 1 really just means the 1st book in the series, not a cliffhanger. This is my hang-up and it bothers me to no end for as much as I like reading her I would have skipped this book. Now people must purchase the second book in order to find out what happens if they remember. I liked the story and the characters, but ugh.
I just finished this book, so I’m still processing all of my thoughts, but I think a 4/5 stars is my solid rating.

Where to begin. When I went into this book, I was expecting very little more than a sex driven romance. I was wrong. For most of the book, there are no sex scenes. *Gasp* There’s an actual plot with actual meaning. I keep going back and forth with my rating just because there was a lot of good stuff about this book, but there were also some things that I wasn’t the biggest fan of. I loved how the relationship between Eva and Nasir developed naturally. It was very quick and sudden, but there were parts of it that were drawn out. They kept wanting to see each other, but neither knew where a potential relationship could go. I will say that Eva soon became very forward about her feelings, which I hate and admire at the same time. On one hand, I’m glad to see a woman finally initiate a relationship. On the other hand, it was just so cheesy and kind of ridiculous. But aside from that, I just genuinely enjoyed reading about their relationship. I loved the grey moral areas in both characters, and how both of them could joke around so much with each other, even in dark times. The only part of the romance that I didn’t like was how overprotective Naz became. All he wanted to do was protect Eva. With such a strong female character, I was pained to see a man be so overprotective. But Nasir still respected her, which I can appreciate. Overall, this was a pretty good book that became much more than a bunch of sex scenes.

I received an advanced copy of this book through NetGalley. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
When I started this one. I didn’t know it was a trilogy (not a fan of them) so that got me worried. Then this is kind of a spin off (another thing I don’t like) but after all of this I like this author stuff. But I Must say I did get bored at the end. So won’t bother continuing.
Nasir and Evalina are a couple to root for.  He was sent to watch her, not make contact, and get paid.  When situations are out of control and they end of talking he starts to realize that everything isn't as it seems.  He feels guilty for not telling her who he really is, especially after they strike up a friendship.  He is insanely attracted to her, not only for her beauty, but her intelligence as well.  She is also attracted, but due to the man she is running from, tries to push the attraction down.
  As they get to know one another, and Naz learns more about her and what she is running from, he turns into this yummy alpha male who wants to protect her.  When she finds out that he is working for who he is, she understandably doesn't take the news well.  When he gets her to go with him (under the guise of protecting her) he has his work cut out for him.  Luckily all of his conversations were recorded, so that bump is resolved quickly.  Unfortunately, evil still lurks and the ending of this book leaves you wanting to scream, needing to know what happens next.
  I received an ARC in exchange for an honest, voluntary review.
I had no idea what I was getting into when I chose this book to read and review.  But, wow, what a journey I just was on.  I read this in one sitting because I COULD NOT PUT IT DOWN!!!!
This book had so much drama, and angst, and love, but the one thing about this book I was not expecting was a cliffhanger.  I hate cliffhangers! Yet, I’m not sure I wouldn’t have read this book even if I had known....I might have waited for the second book before reading this one though because I hate cliffhangers!  All that said, this was an emotional roller coaster of a story.  I loved Nav and Eva and am waiting for their HEA.  So excited for the next book to see what happens!
**3,75 "Anything for you!!!" stars***

"There's a price to pay for everything in this world. Nothing is free except the grace of God."

This was definitely a good start to a new series by J.T. Geissinger's pen!!! And with a hero that we had seen from time to time somewhere else...
If you had read the Bad Habit series, your eyes have catched Nasir somewhere...
And of course Connor and his wife, Tabby had their own book in another series...
But this is a different story and i would stick on this one!!!

"As every saint and sinner knows, forbidden fruit is always the most tempting."

Well, Nasir had been assigned to watch Evaline by her husband, Dimitri, a mafia man...
His job is to watch every move of Dimitri's runaway wife and to report every single detail back on him...
Eva is finally free after seven years full of abuse and degradation... Before some months, she managed to runaway from "him" and his ugly ways and now, she is somewhere in Mexico living a simple, but full life...
But she's never stopping look behind her shoulder!!!

"Dimitri. My dark overlord. I still can't believe I finally escaped."

At some point, Nasir and Eva's paths are colliding and something is shifting between them...
But the things that are standing between those two are too many...
First of all, Nasir is, in a way, her stalker... And secondly, Eva had her whole life at stake...
So, is there a chance for those two??? Especially, when they are having a major enemy breathing down their neck???
What will happen when everything will fall apart???

"Life is short, Naz, and full of pain. When I die, I don't want to have any regrets. And not telling you how much I like you would definitely be a regret."{Evaline}

"I can't lie to myself. I'm in serious danger of doing anything she asks me, consequences be damned."{Nasir}

Well, i enjoyed this book... It was a good story, with a rich background!!!
Eva was a survivor and she was sooo strong and a very determined woman...
Nasir was a protector by nature and when feelings are getting in the way, he can do everything for the other, especially Eva...
So what made me hestitate to love it even more???
I think that the feelings felt too much, too soon!!! And that i didn't enjoy the teasing between them very much!!!
Overall, it was a good book and I'm curious for the next chapter of this story...

"I wish I had the right words to tell you all the ways you've saved me. I used to think death meant freedom, but now I knowall you really need to be free is someone who believes in you so much you finally believe in yourself."

***ARC kindly provided via NetGalley for the exchange of an honest review***
Well...this story blew me away. I became so immersed in Naz and Eva’s story. Their chemistry was like nothing else I ever read. I literally felt like I was sitting next to them witnessing their banter and dialogue. Their characters were perfectly developed. Nothing was rushed or drawn out. This was just so perfect. And sexy. Even though we have a long time to wait for the actual act to happen between the two. But a quick description:

Naz, who is originally from The Bad Habit series, was sent on a mission from his new job at Metrix Security to follow a Russian runaway, Eva. Her husband hired them to watch and report back to him. As Naz was doing his job, Eva became in a precarious situation and he had to intervene. This was their first meeting which Eva thought was just by chance. And of course, one situation led to another and bam! Their relationship started.

This story is so well written with secrets, and intrigue and an ending that will blow you away.
4.25 stars--DANGEROUS BEAUTY is the first instalment in J.T. Geissinger’s contemporary, adult DANGEROUS BEAUTY erotic, romantic suspense trilogy-a spin off from the author’s BAD HABIT series. This is former Special Ops military man and security specialist Nasir ‘Naz’ Mansouri, and Evalina ‘Eva’ Ivanova’s story line. DANGEROUS BEAUTY can be read as a stand alone without any difficulty. You do not have to have read the previous series to follow the current time line but I recommend reading HOT AS SIN for some background and cohesion to Nasir’s story.

Told from dual first person perspectives (Nasir and Eva) DANGEROUS BEAUTY follows the building relationship between former Special Ops military man and security specialist Nasir ‘Naz’ Mansouri, and Evalina ‘Eva’ Ivanova. Nasir Mansouri’s first assignment as a member of Connor Hugh’s New York Metrix Security Services is to follow Russian runaway Evalina Ivanova, a woman whose ‘husband’ is tired of her need to run. Contrary to everyone’s information Evalina is woman on the run from her abuser, a man with connections to the Russian Mafia.  Living and hiding in Cozumel, Mexico, Eva will be rescued from a local gang by our story line hero. Unaware that Nasir has been hired to report on her whereabouts to the man in charge, Eva will begin to develop feelings for the mysterious man who seems to appear wherever she goes. What ensues is the building romance and relationship between Nasir and Eva, and the potential fall-out when the truth is revealed, and Nasir’s life hangs in the balance.

Nasir Mansouri doesn’t do relationships but meeting Eva Ivanova stirs something deep within our story line hero. Having previously loved and lost, Nasir knows to get involved with a mark could end his career before it gets started. Eva Ivanova knows someone is watching her every move but struggles with her attraction to a man who may or may not be the enemy from home.

The relationship between Eva and Naz begins as a lie. Nasir is on assignment but Eva’s back story forces Nasir to go from stalker to protector within a matter of days. Having lived a life on the run, Eva’s attraction to, and want of Naz is questionable under the circumstances but loneliness is a b*tch, and our heroine is tired of always being alone. The $ex scenes are intimate and passionate, without the use of over the top, sexually graphic language and text.

We are reintroduced to Nasir’s boss Connor Hughes and his wife Tabby West, who battle between personal friendships and business dealings as it pertains to Naz’s first assignment. Connor and Tabitha’s story can be found in WICKED SEXY (Wicked Games #2)

DANGEROUS BEAUTY is a story of secrets, lies, betrayal and abuse. The premise is fast paced and engaging; the romance is impassioned and seductive; the characters are colorful, energetic and driven. DANGEROUS BEAUTY ends on a cliff hanger-you have been warned.

THE READING CAFÉ: http://www.thereadingcafe.com/dangerous-beauty-dangerous-beauty-1-by-j-t-geissinger-review-and-excerpt-tour/

GOODREADS: https://www.goodreads.com/review/show/2753880731

AMAZON.COM: https://www.amazon.com/review/R3OH1OOBAWPO0W/ref=cm_cr_srp_d_rdp_perm?ie=UTF8

BOOKBUB: https://www.bookbub.com/reviews/414555479

B&N (Sandy_thereadingcafe) posted

CHAPTERS/INDIGO (Sandy_At_The_Reading_Cafe) posted
Dangerous Beauty is everything I look for in a romantic suspense book and more! We have our leading man Nasir. He's been mentioned in previous books but it is not necessary to read those books because you will get to know the real Naz aka Barney in this one. He's a former soldier turned bodyguard/surveillance specialist. His current mission is to watch a wealthy Russian's runaway wife. Evalina is not some pampered runaway wife but a woman on the run. She's terrified but not willing to let the outside world know it. She meets Naz in Mexico innocently enough or is it? Dangerous Beauty is full of twists and turns but there's also laughter and heat. I can't say much without giving their story away but more will be coming for Naz and Eva and I cannot wait to read it! Dangerous Beauty is told from dual POV and I fully recommend reading it.
The Bad Habit series is one of my all time favourite series. It not only has a very hot and steamy group of rock stars as heroes but the heroines who tame them and steal their hearts are their equals in every way. J. T. Geissinger doesn’t just write sensual romances, she writes stories about broken souls who are able to mend with the help of their soul mates, stories that will stay with you long after you’ve put the book down. So it is no wonder that she has become one of my favourite romance authors.

In this equally amazing series we meet a group of men who go far and beyond to protect the women that they love.
Nasir was special-ops and is now a bodyguard who is working at a security firm who specialises in high danger operations. He has found himself in many dangerous situations but doing surveillance on a Russian mobster’s runaway wife is turning out to be one of the most dangerous operations he has had to do. And that is even before he finds out the truth about the life she left behind in Russia and the nightmare that still haunts her.

Eva has finally been able to runaway from the man who has enslaved her. Now far away from Dimitri and his influence, she has finally made a new life for herself while always keeping a safe distance from everyone. That is until she meets Naz, a man who is everything that she has ever wanted. A man who not only ignites passion but who also is a safe harbour for her.

But after everything she has survived, can she truly believe and trust any man? And is she truly safe from Dimitri? Or is she living in a fake secure bubble believing that she is finally free?

An exciting and sexy read by Geissinger! The only complaint I have is that it ended on a cliffhanger! Can’t wait to see what other obstacles will stand in Naz and Eva’s way before they are finally able to have their happily ever after!