Tripping on a Halo

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 13 Jan 2019

I have never read Alessandra Torre but when I saw the blurb I knew I wanted to read it.

I was a little skeptical though because I thought this could be a paranormal book (her being a guardian angel and all that) but I found out then that it isn’t.

It surprised me how short of a read this was. The heroine is very quirky, at times weird. I didn’t know what to think of her. She had this idea that she needed to protect Declan even though he didn’t even know her.

When he realized he had a stalker he was all freaked out but when he talked to her and saw why she was doing it, he was like okay. From then on it was insta lust.

I didn’t feel very connected to them until the last 20 or so %. It was then that I saw the depth of his feelings.

Since I wasn’t quite okay with the heroine most of the book (even though it’s all very clear at the end), I’m giving this book 4 stars.
This story was adorable and sexy and so much fun. It is absolutely sweet and full of heart and I laughed out loud. It left me smiling after I read this. This is different from what I have read so far from Alessandra Torre, but I loved it. I can't wait to see what she writes next.
4 Stars! Loved this quick, little romance. I read it in 1 snowy day! It was funny, and not altogether predictable... which is hard to accomplish in this crowded genre. The characters were unique, memorable and endearing! With all of the dark, heavy stuff in our world today books like this are a breath of fresh air. This is my first read by this author and I will definitely be back for more! Thank you to NetGalley!
"Thank you Netgalley and the publisher for the advance copy of this book, in exchange for an honest review."

Loved this book very much.  It had just enough sweet, sexy romance and the storyline was great! I highly recommend!
One of the best, most upbeat yet tender books I've read from Alessandra Torre. Funny, moving and sexy all at the same time.
This was my first Alessandra Torre read and she has a new fan! This book had me laughing right from the beginning. Autumn and Declan were PERFECT! And who can resist any story where the heroine has a pet pig?! Not this gal! 🐖
Thank you to NetGalley for providing an ARC of Tripping on a Halo in exchange for an honest review.

At first, I had trouble getting into the book and falling for the characters. However, after a little while, the characters grew on me and I became invested in their lives. I love to read romcoms and this one definitely had its moments. Autumn and Declan are quite the pair to follow through the book. This book had my emotions going everywhere, in a good way. I enjoy a book that can tap into my emotions. Overall, it was a quirky and fun read! Pick it up today!
Tripping on a Halo is a laugh out loud kind of read. Autumn Jones is a force of nature, but with an intense side. Some people may call her crazy, but she’s a strong-willed heroine with a ‘who cares’ kind of attitude. I love that she doesn’t exactly apologize for her behavior. Meanwhile, Declan Moss is just wanting the chaos in his life to settle, but when Autumn not so graciously inserts herself into his life, he can’t help but carry a different tune. Especially since he inserted himself into Autumn’s. Alessandra Torre created a wonderful comedy romance where I could just relax and laugh to my heart's content. Along with realistic characters where it isn’t hard to imagine yourself as Autumn or had a friend like her.

If you’re looking for a comedy romance, then Tripping on a Halo should be a story to check out!
Rating 4.25 stars!

I really enjoyed reading Tripping on a Halo! I loved autumn as the main character! She was funny and adorable - I loved how much she worried and researched over Declan! And Mr Oinks! What can I say about Mr Oinks...well after reading this I definitely wanted to invest in a pet pig! Although my boyfriend told me it was a straight up no ha! Overall this book was a really enjoyable romantic comedy that had me entertained throughout! I’d definitely recommend it!
(3.5 stars)
This was a quirky and cute story. I liked it, but I had a hard time connecting with these characters.  This was my first book by this author, and I've seen a couple more that I've heard are absolutely amazing, so I am not done with her yet. I did like her writing style, and I laughed a couple times, which keeps me looking forward to more. This story, unfortunately wasn't right for me. My missing stars are due to the narrator choice, and the fact that I didn't connect to the story as much as I'd hoped I would. I would, however suggest this story to a couple friends of mine that I know would absolutely love it!
Why didn't anyone tell me that Alessandra Torre wrote romantic comedy? Tripping on a Halo was a book that sparkled and had me busting a gut right to the end.

Autumn - this girl was a riot! Although she annoyed me with her refusal to see what was literally in front of her face and how she kept trying to push the hero away when she was obviously attracted to him, somehow her other qualities worked. She was incredibly awkward and delusional. She was a stalker who thought she was a guardian angel. She was absolutely nuts but it worked in her favor.

Declan - this man was funny too! He was stoic without being too uptight. He was honest and open and there wasn't any way people wouldn't like him. I LOVED him! I did think that he was almost as crazy as Autumn because even though he knew she was stalking him, after she gave him her cockamamie excuse, he was on board. What?!

So yeah, to truly enjoy this story, I think you really need to suspend your realistic beliefs because this story is very unrealistic. However, it was funny as heck and each encounter with these characters was hilarious. I especially enjoyed watching these two navigate their way to a happy ending. I do wish there was more to their romance and I think the pig was an extraneous element, but in the end, this romcom was lovely and I hope to read more of this from the author in the future.
Review featured at www.books-n-kisses.com

3.75 Hearts I think I must have been in the mood for silly when I started this book. It really is silly but also a quick read. It was perfect for a bit of calm and brainless reading between heavier books.

It kept me entertained and even had me laugh out loud moments… ok maybe not laugh but chuckle.

Cute read but be ready for mindless fun.

Disclaimer:
I received a complimentary copy of the book in exchange for an honest review.
3 Stars / 2 Steam Fans

I am normally a huge fan of Alessandra Torre stories but this one just didn't do it for me. Autumn is "stalking" Declan because she thinks she is his guardian angel. The beginning of the story is a bit jarring when you meet Autumn since she is stuffing an inflatable adult toy into her purse in public. Declan notices and has his partner do some digging of his own. Autumn and Declan start to interact and there is some sexual banter that is fun but I wasn't really connected or a fan of either character. By the end of the story I was left scratching my head.

This specific video review will be included in the January 2019 wrap-up.

For other video book reviews check out my YouTube Channel: Steph's Romance Book Talk.
Wow that was simply breathtaking! We as readers are reminded once again why this author is a best seller. It's raw and dramatic and so very crazy. The story will crimple you when you least expect it.
Autumn is... Well hard to describe. She is unique in ways that don't even begin to cover the inflatable object she carries are the beginning. Task with trying to keep Declan alive, or so she thinks, she finds creative ways to do just now. Though going through the trash can is probably not her best move.
Declan realizes he has a cute stalker but not just how adorably awesome she is until he starts following her.
Sparks fly for these two unlikely pair but Autumn is determined to keep everything professional while she tries to keep him alive.
The curve ball of epic proportions is not at all close to what the readers will expect. My heart literally stops after a few short words.
It's a huge page turner and a must read of 2018!!!
Hurry!!! Tripping On A Halo is a hysterical twist of fate romcom you must not pass by this season.
Hysterically and Intelligently Funny.  The freshest, funniest, most enjoyable read of the year!! Torre Save the Best For Last (2018)
Its a sidesplitting laugh riot with Autumn Jones , the guardian angel of Declan Moss.  In true Torre fashion,  she transformed a romance into a haven of unexpected serenity.  It’s a laugh out loud must read!!!  Plush carpet and maybe a hard helmet is a must when you fall on the floor dying of laughter.  MILE HIGH KINK BOOK CLUB HIGHLY RECOMMENDS FOR YOUR CARRYON.
Okay I'm not going to lie, that first chapter, I was like whoooah you're pyscho lady how am I going to enjoy this and like you. And then BOOM... I got my head in the game and I couldn't honestly put this book down.

I absolutely freakin ended up loving Tripping on a Halo, it's funny, sexy, very quirky and just an all-round excellent piece of pleasant escapism. And it would make an excellent movie! One of those books you don't want to end.

Autumn and Declan are great characters, one as nutty as a fruitbat, the other hot as Hades. The chemistry between them from the word go was fab, the draw between then, the weirdness of her brand of stalking, and his seeing beyond the stalker, seeing her.

I loved everything about this, and it's definitely a story I'll revisit again and one of a few coveted ebooks that I'll have to have in paperback too. The humour, plot, emotions, and deliverance was all right on my wavelength making this a six star read.
This book, was one of my first 5 star reads of 2019. You come into the book laughing as she waves around an inflated dingle. But by the end, you cry, you laugh.. a lot more, you find yourself feeling every emotion. It was well written, the character build was fantastic. The interactions between each character were awkward in all the right ways. Everything I wanted, and nothing I expected.
This is a fun read.  I wasn’t sure going in reading that I would enjoy because I’ve read the guardian angel like story before, but this story was much different and quite enjoyable. The characters are relatable you can’t help but like them no matter how frustrating they can be. The story definitely took a turn I did not see coming nor was I prepared for, but everything worked and the story just flowed along. I plan on reading more by Alessandra Torre. Thank you for the opportunity to read this delightful book.
Oh my goodness I absolutely adored this book! The beginning was pretty wacky and cringeworthy but I’m so glad I kept going. Absolutely loved all of the characters, and the story line was amazing. I have laughed and cried through this and am gutted it’s over.

ARC generously provided by publisher via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review.

To say that Autumn is a bit different would be an understatement.  She has a pet pig for goodness sake and believes that she was chosen to be the personal guardian angel of Declan Moss, someone she knows better then he knows himself even though he has never really met her.

Declan knows he has a stalker but she has always seemed harmless, even while waving around a giant inflatable penis.  Then he discovers that she is taking this stalking thing way further then he knew.  After a chance meeting at a bar one night Declan realizes that the feelings he has for this nut job are not what one would normally have for their stalker.  When he talks to her and realizes that she in not madly in love with him but believes herself to be his protector he realizes she might be nuts but she is also someone who he wants to learn more about.

Soon their relationship changes and there are new aspects that neither one ever saw coming.

I enjoyed the story but I have to admit it took me a little bit to get into it and I kinda felt like I knew what the twist was going to be before it ever happened.  Still I enjoyed the book and it is a pretty quick read.