Cat and Nat's Mom Truths

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 09 Jul 2019

Hilarious fun read. I feel a real bond with these ladies.
I loved it and would recommend for any mom!
Honestly no matter where you are on your mom journey you need to read this book. It puts so much stuff into perspective for you and it’s laugh out loud funny!
This book is definitely a fun and easy read that would be perfect for a new mom to enjoy snipets of seen through sleep deprived eyes in between nursing sessions.  It isn't a perfect book, though.  There are some great highs - like when Cat and Nat talk about how to get through tough parenting moments and how to stop judging other moms (while acknowledging that they've done their share of judging in the past but work to stop).  There are some really funny points - talking about how your body changes after having a baby and whether or not you might have poop on your pants.  But there are some low points as well - when they mention pretending to call the cops to scare their kids straight or how sometimes women *have* to clean up and look "banging."  I can't buy into that stuff, so minus stars for keeping the myth about what any woman/mom HAS to do.

Thank you to the publisher for providing an ARC through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.
When opening this book, I was still new to Cat and Nat. I had just started listening to their podcast also titled Mom Truths, and quite funny. The book is written in their true voices and translated well on the pages. No longer a Mom of babies or toddlers I was still able to laugh out loud and relate to many of their stories. This is just the type of book I could have used during those frantic baby/toddler years. I will definitely remember to gift this book to new moms I know.
This book is just honest and real and so much of it deeply resonated with my experience as a mom, especially when I was a new mom. There is so much that people just don't tell you or they sugar-coat the not so great parts. I love that Cat and Nat just throw it all out there for you. I like that they don't pretend to be perfect or know it all, and I love their message of accepting all types and ways of being a mom and letting go of mom shaming, because really being a mom is hard enough. This book was laugh out loud funny and overall a terrific read. Would highly recommend!!!
I received a free copy of this book via Netgalley in exchange for an honest review. I am writing this review voluntarily. All thoughts and opinions expressed in this review are my own.

Cat and Nat's Mom Truths is a gem, written by two best friends, it takes us through different stages and situations moms face during motherhood. In this book the friends talk about their experiences which are sometimes difficult, sometimes fun and almost always messy. Told with blunt realness, bold honesty and humor this book is a window of actual things moms face.

Up until reading this book I had no idea who Cat and Nat were. However, I saw the cover of the naked doll upside down in a glass of wine and thought "if my life had a cover, this would be it." After reading the description I thought this book may just be worth the read. I was right! This book is funny and honest and simply refreshing. I enjoyed reading a book about parenting that wasn't contained inside some pretty little box with a list of do's and don'ts as most parenting books are. I found this book relatable, entertaining and refreshing.

I wish I had this book back when my first born was a baby, and then again almost 12 years later when I gave birth to my second born. This book is a must read if you have children, are expecting children or even considering having children.
I didn't know Cat & Nat from their videos or online presence, so I approached this one wholly blind. It was exactly what I expected it to be - a fun, silly, helpful, honest, occasionally over-the-top look at being a mom. I laughed out loud a lot and found myself enthusiastically nodding my head and exclaiming "yes!" in response to a lot of their statements about motherhood. They claim not to be in the business of advice-giving but actually offered a fair amount of it (and of affirmation and comfort).and what they did offer was heartfelt and exactly the kind of truth that has been downplayed for far too long. For that I give them two enthusiastic thumbs up...
Cat and Nat, online media celebrities, dish about everything motherhood in their new book, Mom Truths. The book will make you laugh, cry and feel like you are talking to two of your best girlfriends. Cat and Nat discuss all the brutal honest truths of labor and delivery, husbands, marriage after baby, friendship and life with little ones. It's definitely  on my favorites list. Grab a copy for you and your BFF.
If there is any book I want to recommend to moms in the thick of the baby, toddler, preschool years, it is this one! I flew through this book because it is super relatable, funny, and entertaining.

You may be familiar with Cat and Nat from their hilarious viral social media videos they film in their minivan/SUV. Their take on the craziness that is motherhood has made them popular with moms. So, when I saw they had a book coming out and then I saw the hilarious cover, I knew it was a must read.

And, they didn't let me down! They cover everything from giving birth to sex to the loneliness of motherhood. And, they somehow managed to make me laugh even when they were discussing the tough stuff.

Plus, the format works really well. The write as if they are talking to friends. In some chapters, the whole content is written in a conversation format between the two women. I found this very refreshing. It made it feel even more personable.

This is a quick read - I read it in an afternoon. With summer coming up, this is a great pick for days at the pool or the beach. Thanks to the authors and Netgalley for providing me with a copy to read and review.
I loved, loved, LOVED this book!! As a toddler Mom, everything in this book was so incredibly relatable. It was funny, honest (sometimes brutally so!), moving, and best of all - encouraging!

At times I was tearing up because...IT WASN’T JUST ME! I wasn’t the only one who felt alone and isolated in those early days. I wasn’t the only one staring at the clock, breathing a sigh of relief when I (FINALLY) heard the garage door opening, meaning my husband was home. I wasn’t the only one feeling like I might not make it.

As the mother of only one child right now, I worried I wouldn’t be able to relate to everything the ladies talk about since they have 7 kids between them. But I never felt “left out” of any of the topics.

Each chapter is a stand-alone vignette written by either Cat or Nat (with a couple of co-written chapters). They talk about everything from meeting their husbands, to their birth stories, to sex after having a child, to difficult childhood behaviors, and so much more.

I would highly recommend this book to new mothers, mothers of older (or even grown!) children looking to think back on the joy/misery/hilarity of those early days, or expecting mothers. Really, I think anyone would enjoy this book.

What an entertaining, enlightening, empowering, enchanting, encouraging (go me, for this alliteration!), honest, hopeful book! Definitely 5 Stars for this mama! Here’s hoping they do a sequel some day about being the Mom of teenagers, because down the road I’m sure it’s book I’ll need!

*Thank you to NetGally and Penguin Canada/Harmony for providing me with an advance review copy in exchange for a fair and honest review. This review is on Goodreads, Facebook, and Amazon.*
Thanks to Netgalley for allowing me to read this arc early.

When I saw this book on amazon for preorder, I almost choked on my drink.     I didn’t have the money to order, so I’m extremely grateful for netgalley.     This book did not disappoint.      I was laughing nonstop.    I hope they release many more books together!   Get the book.  Don’t even think twice.
Easy and hilarious reading. A great gift for any new (or not-so-new) mom. Validating for any mom who struggles and feels like they are alone in the insanity of parenting. Anyone who follows Cat and Nat on social media will be especially in love with this book!
This book made me laugh, cry and nod my head constantly as I devoured the pages that were oh so relatable to my current life. Cat and Nat strip down what motherhood is all about and help us mothers out there realize we are not alone! We all have ups and downs in motherhood. There are high highs but oh are there low lows. I really appreciate books like this that are non-judgemental and just tell it like it is. We may all not do things the same way or believe in the same methods but its nice to be vulnerable and ask for help or to realize other moms are going through the same things. I really enjoyed Cat and Nat's style of writing as it feels like just talking to my best friends. The section talking about being in a mom rut really spoke to me and I think so many others would relate to this topic too. So for all new moms out there or anyone who is currently out in the battlefield this book is for you! Remember you are not alone and we all are just trying to do our best!!
This was just what the doctor ordered. Im a mom of 3, and a stepmother of 3.... it is comforting to know some "mom truths" are universal.  This wad hilarious and very.... necessary.  I'd definitely recommend it to ALL mothers.
I seen clips of Cat and Nat on the internet and have always found them to be funny and relatable. This book is just that, funny and relatable. This is a book I wish I had when I was pregnant. While it mostly deals with upper middle class stay at home mom problems,  I still think most mom can appreciate the humor and truth in their stories. They seem like the seasoned moms you want to be friends with in real life who will you the truth when others don't. This is a book I would give as a baby shower gift to friends!
I absolutely adore Cat and Nat from their videos on Facebook. Their banter and sense of humor is right up my alley. I was so excited when I saw that they were coming out with a book and I was hopeful that it would be just as hilarious as they are in their video content.

I was disappointed. I feel like their wicked sense of humor and timing was lost in translation here. The chapters are short and easy to read, but it's just not super funny. It's got some gems of wisdom , especially for new moms, but overall it's a bit lackluster.
If you're a mom, or are thinking about becoming a mom, read this book!

Here's the thing about parenthood - we all have moments before it actually happens that we say 'not me! I won't do that with my kids!'. You absolutely will do it with your kids, and this book is the perfect way to not only get that across, but that make you feel some kinship. We're all on this crazy, frustrating, amazing parenting journey together!

This book was so funny and so honest. Tantrums are just a part of life and oh my, did I feel the kinship when reading the tantrum stories. The chicken wing story had me wheezing! Stories about marriage and working and just the all consuming overwhelming feeling of creating and being responsible for another human being, this book has all of it.

It's so nice to feel heard and understood when we sometimes feel like no one else can possibly be going through the same things we are. This book will feel like chatting with a friend!
I love watching Cat & Nat's videos on Facebook so when I saw they had a book coming out, I was all about it. This ended up being my first read of 2019, and it is the perfect book to remind me of what's important.

The book is broken up into chapters alternating between Cat and Nat. A lot of the chapters include personal stories that had me laughing out loud. Nat's story about eating chicken wings will stay with me for a very long time!

I read the book in one sitting and found a lot of great advice--the hospital tips were gold (although in the US, most of the items they mentioned are actually provided by the hospital). I also was touched by some of the stories they shared. The story about the meltdown/tantrums reminded me so much of my autistic child that it brought tears to my eyes.

I find that I personally relate to Nat more than Cat--the yelling, the bribery, it's as if Cat was talking about me when she described Nat's way of parenting. I found myself wishing I could load my kids in the car and drive to one of their houses to spend the afternoon. What's two more kids when there are already seven?
I was able to read Cat and Nat's Mom Truths by Catherine Belknap and Natalie Telfer for free from Netgalley, the publisher and the author for providing me with an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Thank you Netgalley and publishers for offering me this book!
The book was light, funny, straightforward, honest, encouraging, and at times, downright hilarious and completely perfect!  Short easy chapters to read made reading this book a breeze. Highly recommend.
O. M. G. I LOVED this! Moms, you are NOT alone! This book made me feel like maybe my best friend and I aren’t crazy after all! Or at least we aren’t the only crazy ones! Loved this. Loved it.