Cover Image: All the Wrong Places

All the Wrong Places

Unfortunately, All the Wrong Places was not for me - I am having a hard time focusing lately and this one just did not grip me or hold me.
I’ve read every Joy Fielding book and quite frankly loved every one.  All the Wrong Places was no exception.  Her character development is outstanding and her storyline is filled with drama, conflict and emotion.
This book entrapped me from the very instant I started reading it. I know I say that about several books on my blog, but I have to be honest, it's always true. All the Wrong Places by Joy Fielding is a novel told is multiple perspectives while the main character, Paige, takes her dating life online. When she meets Mr. Right Now through an online dating site, she's not sure if he's too good to be true, but she definitely has no idea that his whole game plan is to murder her and move on to the next girl on the site.

Paige has had almost everything she could ever want, the man, the job, so on and so forth. That's why her cousin Heather wants to have Paige's life. I mean, everyone says that look so much alike, so why can't Heather just be Paige? That's why Heather decides to sleep with Paige's longtime boyfriend, and then eventually marry him. This causes a massive rift between the cousins, to the point where they don't talk anymore.

As we watch the story weaving in and out, while Paige goes on dates with multiple men, and Mr. Right Now tries very hard to secure his and Paige's destiny, as well as Heather and her seduction attempts, will Paige get what's in store for her? Will she finally go on a date with Mr. Right Now? And if she does, will she make it out alive?

That's for you to find out! This book is probably one of my most recommended this year. I tell all my friends, if you like thrillers, you'll love this book. It's so intense, but also has a little mystery to the point where you aren't sure if you know what's going on, or if you're being tricked, plus the ending is just delicious. I had a blast reading this book, which means I think you will also! I give this one 5 out of 5 stars.
This was difficult for me to get into. I usually love books in this genre, but this one didnt quite hit the mark for me.
I was expecting a thriller and got a very drawn out drama that I picked up and put down countless times until I finally forced myself to finish it. It found it to be quite a let down because the story just didn't interest me.
I always loved the twist at the end of a Joy Fielding book, but that didn't happen in this one.  There were a few, on the edge of your seat moments, but I love the, Wow, I didn't see that coming, which wasn't here this time.
I just wasn't that into this book. The characters were unlikeable, the plot was long and drawn out and everything about it was comparable to a really bad teen horror movie book of cliches.
What I couldn't get over was why wasn't anyone else in Boston worried about this supposed serial killer? It would have been much more interesting to have that be more of the plot instead of the fluff with an 80 year olds birthday party. Yes there were a few mentions of the missing "Tiffany" but no one really seemed on alert about women going missing in the same time frame or in regards to going missing after online dates.
The killer was your classic cliche killer - mommy issues, loves to cause pain and watch things die, good looking, charming, kill the girl with rope and dump her body kind of killer. Boring. And he might have been the most boring part of of it all.
I was drawn into reading this thinking it was going to be a psychological thriller with online dating as the premise of the story. This was more of a story about the family dynamic between a bunch of women with the killer as a side note that honestly could have been removed from the story and it wouldnt have changed the story much at all.
The ending was pure disappointment. I was going to DNF so many times but was hoping for a twist or something exciting.
Thanks to the publisher, author and #NewtGalley for my free ARC in exchange for my honest review.
*Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for an advanced reader's copy in exchange for an honest review.*

This book hooked me in and I didn't want to stop reading to see where it would go! While the ending made sense, I didn't like one bit and felt like I had immersed myself in the characters' lives for no real reason. I usually love this author, so not sure what happened to me while reading this title.
4 women are looking for new relationships. A man is hunting for victims online. It's clear where this is going from the very beginning, so there's not a huge amount of suspense. The convoluted plot, overly complex and dramatic pasts of the female characters (which, perhaps ironically, made them feel like dull, stock thriller characters), and gruesomeness of the killer's crimes made this a tough read. Unfortunately, this one wasn't for me.
I have always loved Joy Fielding's books and it is no surprise that this book is as great as all of her other books. This book is about online dating at it's worst! Very t interesting story line seeing how the serial killer manipulates these women. Loved this book !!
I wanted to enjoy this, but I had a hard time getting into it. I doubt I will review it elsewhere, and although I probably won't go out of my way to handsell it at my store, I will not discourage others from purchasing it, either. I know she is a popular author... But this book was just a miss for me. I'll try another of her novels in the future, just to see if I like it any better.
I rate this 4 stars out of 5. I always enjoy books by Joy Fielding. It was a quick, entertaining read.
I didn't really know what to expect from this novel, but I was pleasantly surprised with a fun and entertaining read. It wasn't exactly as suspense filled as I was hoping, and most of the action didn't really happen until the very end. BUT, it still held my attention and had me flipping pages late into the night. The characters were interesting and I loved the family dynamic between Paige and her mother as well as Paige and her cousin. I'm always a fan of family drama (in books, not real life)!

This novel was a lot of fun and I would highly recommend it to readers who enjoy a light suspense novel filled with high strung family dysfunction. It was entertaining to read and I think readers of all genres will enjoy this novel. Thank you to NetGalley and Ballantine Books for sending this novel in exchange for an honest review.

Rating 3/5
Ballantine Books and NetGalley provided me with an electronic copy of All the Wrong Places.  I was under no obligation to review this book and my opinion is freely given.

When a serial killer using online dating as his trolling grounds targets four woman connected by friendship or family binds, will their lives be forever changed?  Will a compulsive need for an outside human connection doom the four women?

I have read Joy Fielding's books for years, but have not enjoyed the more recent ones nearly as much as the previous novels.  The attempts at misdirection only serve to muddle the plot, leaving a less than satisfying taste at the end of the novel.  All the Wrong Places is a psychological thriller with some suspenseful moments, but just not enough to propel this book to higher than average.  I did like some of the characters, especially the relationship between Paige and her mother Joan.  The perils of online dating has been well documented in novels as of late, so there was really no sense of anything unique or remarkably interesting.  For these reasons, I would be hesitant to recommend All the Wrong Places to other readers.
I received an ARC of this book from the publisher in exchange for an honest review. This did not affect my opinion of the book or my review itself.

This was one of those books where I kept turning pages, but I'm honestly not sure why. At various points, I would consider giving it a DNF, but something I still can't identify kept me reading.

I just had a lot of problems with this book. First, I didn't really like any of the characters, or care about them. I know there were some I was supposed to love and some I was supposed to hate, but I just felt blah towards all of them.

Also, there was barely any mystery or suspense of thrills. There were so many side plots, all full of supposed drama, and when the suspense finally came, it was so rushed. The end twist was a good one, but I saw it coming a few chapters away.

Sadly, I just can't recommend this one. I'm still not sure why I took the time to finish it.
I have read every book that Joy Fielding has written so when I got this one I was so very excited. She is a great thriller writer, but this one was a tiny bit of a disappointment. It had all the makings of a great thriller. It had the killer, victims, reasons, friends, family, everything you would expect from one of Ms Fielding’s books. The problem I had was that it didn’t focus that much on the killer. I mean it had him of course and it told some vague things about what he did. He was very evil but it gave no reason for why he did what he did. The ending felt unfinished. The last girl, who was a key player in this book, was never mentioned. She was never found??? The killer disappeared without a trace? What was up with that unless maybe there is going to be a sequel which I highly doubt because I have never read one of her books that didn’t end and the bad guy always got caught.

While I did enjoy this book it just didn’t seem like the other books that this author has written. I felt kind of cheated. I liked the characters. They were well developed and you will feel like you know them. You will love to hate about three of them and love the rest. I loved the things that came out of the mouths of Chloe’s children. They were so funny. I was glad she decided to have a life and be happy and that her and Paige were so close. I can’t say much without giving things away though. Paige’s mom was a very nice lady and I was happy she found love at 70. Gives us hope that some things don’t die when we get older. Ha ha But seriously.....

I have to thank NetGalley and Random House Publishing-Ballantine for the ARC of this book.

I only gave this a 4 star rating because of some things noted above. I did enjoy it and I do recommend it to my friends who love to read. It was an enjoyable book. Just a bit off for other books I have read by this author. I will continue to read her books though and wait for another one.
I really enjoyed this book and I’m giving it 3 out of 5 stars. It was party mystery, there was some comedy and a lot of companionship. The characters were well developed, I was intrigued about what would happen next and I definitely wanted to keep reading to see what happened next.
I thought the plot line was interesting and connected well with how single people currently explored relationships via social media. This book relates to the reader in the way of dating and using an app to forge relationships, but in a thoughtful, insightful way. This book also did a great job of keeping the mystery fresh...you never know what type of person is on the other side of the computer.
I am  HUGE fan of Joy Fielding and have been for years. I was so excited when I saw on NetGalley that she had a new book coming out ! Even more excited when I was approved to read it !  And this book did not disappoint. And after reading this I will never ever use online dating ! Lol ! In all seriousness, this book is excellent. I was only disappointed in the ending as it left a few things up in the air , but maybe I can hope for a sequel.  This book has it all,  Cheating and betrayal. job loss, jealousy, friendship and murder. There are a few stories with in the story and you can really relate to the characters each and everyone of them.  If I liked the ending better I would have easily given this a 5 Star rating. I highly recommend this book.
All The Wrong Places is a mystey/thriller that's actually more accurately domestic suspense. As domestic suspense it's outstanding, really digging into the characters and their motivations that make it a worthwhile read. The mystery/thriller aspect of All The Wrong Places doesn't work. But as a domestic suspense novel it's very good indeed.
Thank you Net Galley and the publisher for giving me the opportunity to read this book.  I've read all of Joy Fielding's other books and I was excited to read this book; unfortunately, I was disappointed.  I could not get into the book  I gave up a quarter of the way through.