The Paris Apartment

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 30 Nov 2018

If you're looking for a very smutty romance set in Paris, I would say it's definitely worth a read. Did it blow me away? Not at all.

For one thing, I found Mila and James' relationship to be just kind of...odd throughout. I don't see why the author felt the need to write their first sex scene as kind of a big yikes. I read smutty romances to escape reality and have fun honestly, and that scene just took me out of my reading experience. There were also small details throughout this book in regards to their relationship that left me feeling weird. I don't really know how to explain it.

The smutty scenes after the first one were just okay IMHO. I've read smutty scenes that are written so much better, so I wasn't impressed.

I did enjoy the scenes where Mila was touring around Paris and there are some aspects of their relationship that I enjoyed, but there's nothing to write home about with this novel.
This was a super cute book. I got an ARC form NetGalley and it did take a while for me to get to it but i can say im sorry i waited so long. First of all, what girl does not dream of her friend's older brother falling in love with her? I was so glad the way this story played out. It was a perfect romance novel.
I love books set in Paris. I love the sibling's best friend trope. But I just found James and Mila kind boring. It was an okay read.

Many thanks to NetGalley, the publisher, and the author. All opinions are my own.
This was a hidden jewel in my TBR. I enjoyed this book more than I thought I would. Sophia Karlson is a new-to-me author and I’ll say I’ll keep reading her books. The Paris Apartment was fresh and sexy. Though I thought Mila recented her best friend for the unlimited freedom and financial situation, I still found her relatable. Being a preacher’s daughter wasn’t easy for her and so seeing her rebel and become her own was great. I’m looking forward to reading more stories by this author.
Beautiful book that I read in a long time

I loved everything about it
The characters were perfect
Mila is the modest, virginal best friend of a wild party girl. Desperate to shape her own future, and get out from under her oppressive family, Mila agrees to go on a two week Paris vacation. The trip promises to revive her love of painting and, at the hopes of her best friend, bring plenty of men to woo her. Arriving at James' apartment, the older, handsome brother of her best friend, she finds herself alone, inspired, and seriously considering the opportunity to give away her innocence. She doesn't plan on James arriving home in the middle of the night and she definitely doesn't plan on waking up beside him the following morning. He lights a fire in her and together they rush into a passionate affair, one that leaves no room for the secrets the wealthy trader holds close.

The Paris Apartment came as a surprise for me, with a story-line that delved into the character's personal backgrounds and gave explanation to the connection they shared, it felt like it had more to it than other similar stories I have read in the past. While it is an erotica, a very steamy one at that, it also is a complex story of love, forgiveness, and human connection. Mila and James have known each other since they're youth, but meeting each other once again as adults and in such close quarters progresses their relationship forward quickly. They set out to complete Mila's Parisian bucket list, but the romantic city and the opportunity to be their true selves fuels the lust between them.

Of course, it wouldn't be such a good book without the drama and there is certainly plenty of that. James has a complex relationship with love, something he'd rather not deal with, but finds himself facing as he falls for Mila. He knows his past relationship will soon affect the one he is beginning to his sister's best friend and the secrets he holds back might just change her view of him entirely. Mila had a complicated religious upbringing, one that leaves her questioning the truth of love, romance, and sexuality. James, though a ladies man, has a heart of gold and helps her experience the world with little judgement. The location, especially the close confines of the apartment, bring the two together and there's extensive character development mixed in with the erotic moments the two share. I really felt like both James and Mila gained so much perspective and awareness from the short time they had together and it made their affair so realistic. The chemistry between them is palpable the entire read and I too fell in love with them just as they fall for one another.

The Paris Apartment by Sophia Karlson is book one in the Love Nests series. It read as a standalone in my opinion and should be picked up by anyone who loves well-written contemporary romance and just the right amount of smut. It's a complex erotica, one I enjoyed reading from the very first page. I'll definitely be reading this one again.
This was my first time reading this author and after reading The Paris Apartment I will definitly be reading more of her work. The story is set in Paris at Mila's best friends brothers apartment. She is there on a vacation and he should be out of the country working. However, that is not how it works out. There was a lot of sex and some drama. I read this book quickly because I could not put it down.
Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me this ARC.
Mila and James are polar opposites.  This book takes the reader on a trip to Paris, France. The beauty of the art world is seen through the main character's eyes.  She is an young artist and viewing and creating at is her passion.

James is a businessman. He lives in Paris, but also travels the world.  When these two meet...well let's say you must read this book to find out what happens.

This was a great story! I loved it from start to finish!  I highly recommend it!
I really liked this book. I thought it was a sweet story of two people in Paris falling in love. Who wouldn’t want to do that?  I hope we get to read his sisters story next.
Take a twenty-four-year-old beautiful virgin and a hot, hugely successful, hunky chap in a minimally furnished apartment in the centre of Paris, the most romantic city in the world and you've got an incredibly sexy and romantic read!

Mila Johnson and James Sinclair haven't seen each other for more than twelve years, and when they accidentally meet up again, there is an intense attraction between the two of them. Mila has escaped her narrow-minded parents and limiting family life for two weeks of freedom in Paris, ready to explore the exciting and vibrant City. Then James turns up, her best friend's older brother crush, sexy, broody, full of dark secrets and a man of the world...

Right from the start, this is a phenomenally sexy and incredibly exciting read, with beautifully descriptive love scenes. I loved the chemistry between the two main characters.

"His heart was jolting, his pulse irregular as his eyes glimmered at her, taking in her beautiful face, the even complexion of her untainted skin, her eyes big and wide, accentuated by the dark-rimmed glasses that she wore. Those eyes were something else, and the way she looked at him he wanted to tug off her glasses, lean over the table and kiss her lips. Mark her."

But all is not rosy as there are dark moments and plenty of sordid secrets, too. I enjoyed every moment of The Paris Apartment.

This romance by Sophia Karlson makes for an easy, escapist and thrilling read.

Many thanks to Backlit PR and Netgalley for this ARC.
Wow. This book was just wow!
Holy hotness and then some! Mila, a young Art Student, wants to explore Paris and it’s magnificent art culture. Little does she know that James, her bfs older brother is also in the city.
She’s a virgin.
He’s older.
She’s a preachers daughter.
He’s a son of a drug addict.
She’s his sisters best friend and inexperienced.
He’s off limits but it’s oh, so so tempting.

He tries to leave his feelings out of this, she is already dreading the two weeks will crush her.

This is a great read.

I received this ebook copy from the publisher and NetGalley for an honest review.
A romantic story blossoms when the hero sees his sister's friend. Entertaining ride with slow phase.
This story was well written and engaging. My number one criticism is that the author seemed to beat up on the Christian faith. The old "girl goes wild due to strict religious upbringing by hypocritical parents" theme is common enough, but I felt that the blatant religious references during the more intimate scenes were over the top and a bit offensive. With that said, I was prepared to cringe my way through the rest of the book, but as the heroine learned to accept herself and gained perspective on her upbringing, the story was much more balanced.  In fact, I rather appreciated the nuanced revelation of why the characters were who they were. I'm glad I kept reading.
I have been looking for a contemporary romance to love and I was attracted to the promise of the title itself. Paris has always been a dream destination for me. The author did not disappoint in terms of the setting. It was a lovely escape, and the museums and art scenes were such a pleasure to explore.

I liked how the characters are polar opposites, so that they learn a lot about life as they get to know each other better. I don’t really relate to each of them as individuals but I did like them as a couple. The tension was delicious and the chemistry was there at the beginning.

If virgin girl meets ladies man is your thing, then by all means try this. The heroine Mila is raised (brainwashed) by strict parents to be religious and pious and she has a lot of issues towards sexuality and the concept of sin. The lead male character James is a liberated (sexually active) guy struggling to survive a traumatic former relationship.

The book has a promising theme of sexual awakening and sex as a form of empowerment, although I must say I was not entirely satisfied with the execution. I didn’t really like the hate towards sexually active women. Being a virgin does not mean you’re pure as a person. But I can blame this on Mila being “brainwashed” so I guess I can forgive that. But, I am still hating on the fact that James would only think of being “gentle” and will “treat a girl right” only if she is a virgin. Every girl deserves that kind of treatment, right?

Definitely a must read if you’re into contemporary romance with the familiar templates of beautiful and hot main characters caught in steamy scenes. Happy ever after also guaranteed.

Big thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for giving me a copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
James Sinclair, a successful trader, keeps his busy life uncomplicated. Work is about all he has time for. Imagine his surprise when he returns to his Paris apartment to find his little sister’s best friend, Mila Johnson, in his bed.When I started reading I couldn't put it down. Sophia Karlson is magnifysent and amazing writer.I cannot wait to read more of there books.Keep up the great work.You should definitely read this book.Can't wait for the next book.
This book's plot had potential, but the portrayal of the characters kept pulling me out of the story. Mila was naïve to an extreme. I understand that she was sheltered and raised in an extremely conservative household, but when she was so impressed that James spoke French after seven years living in Paris, I was baffled. Then, when they visit museums together, James is the one that seems more knowledgeable about art, but she is the art student. Again, I was scratching my head. Then there are the extreme differences between these two characters, which I won't go into to avoid spoilers, but I will say that I didn't understand James' attraction to Mila. The elements of the story were interesting, from Mila's extremely conservative upbringing to James' lifestyle preferences, but what was lacking was a nuanced character development to make these disparate elements come together in a believable way.
James comes home to his Paris Apartment and finds his sister’s best friend Mila in his bed. While James isn’t looking for a relationship, sparks fly but will innocent Mila be able to handle the real James.  This is a great start to a new series and I look forward to reading more.  The chemistry is steamy and the story entertaining.  I loved it!
4 stars

Relaxing read.  Story of Mila an Artist and friend of the hero, James' sister.  The interaction of Mila and James was good and the romance built up quickly, the ex girlfriend was selfish and a bit over the top.  James' guilt over his past debauched life style and the reasons behind his sisters wayward behaviour come out in the story.

I would look out for other books by this author.

Let me start by saying that I'm a huge fan of the sibling's best friend trope. Add to that the Parisian setting and the intriguing blurb and I was pumped to read The Paris Apartment. While the book is sufficiently steamy, I just didn't vibe with the characters. Yes James and Mila had chemistry and history, but I feel like I didn't get to know them that well, so I didn't understand the draw they had to each other. That being said, there is heat and angst and drama, so I did find it entertaining. Will I continue with the series? I don't know. Did I enjoy this one? It was ok... So I'm guess I'm stuck in the middle :( 3 out of 5 wine glasses.
‘The Paris Apartment’ drew me in with its beautiful cover, and I soon found myself also captivated by the passionate nature of this book. James Sinclair, arrives home to find a beautiful woman in his bed, only to discover that this is his sister’s best friend Mia. It was clear from the very start that this would be an intense relationship, but what follows is a growing awareness that each fills a need in the other. James has suffered from his parent’s relationship whilst Mia’s life has been closed in by her parent’s way of thinking.
Whilst the chemistry between the two was undeniable, I felt that their strong feelings for each other were developed carefully, through the amazing writing style. Their romance is brought to life against the beautiful background of Paris and I found myself captivated.
I received an advanced review copy from NetGalley in exchange for my honest review.