The Korean Woman

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 18 Jan 2019

The Korean Woman is a thrilling story about an activated sleeper agent from North Korea. There's a problem,though. She has a family. Also, unknown to her, the cover is blown,and someone is after her. What would you do? It's a terrible situation, so it makes a good story. It's engaging and full of action and drama. The characters are likeable and dynamic. It will pull you in and keep you guessing until the end. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
If you ever wondered what is would be like to be a sleeper agent living in the United States then this is the book for you.

Suddenly activated from her normal family life as a wife and mother, Mi-Mi is thrust into her former identity as a North Korean agent sent to the U. S. to be available for clandestine activities when the time comes.  But all is not what it appears and you soon learn there is someone else with nefarious purposes in mind manipulating the strings behind the scene.  Friend or foe?  That remains to be seen.

Well written with a thrilling ending I think you will thoroughly enjoy this book.  Release date is in April, 2019.
Thank you to NetGalley and Blackstone Publishing for an advanced read in exchange for this review.

Song Sun Young is a North Korean sleeper agent.  She's married and has children.  She's been waiting for a call for 7 years, and she hopes that it never comes.  She's living a pretty good life in NYC. The call comes.  Unfortunately and unbeknownst to her, the CIA has already broken her cover.  She's being tracked.  There's so much at stake.

A good, solid thriller that took me on a wild ride.  My one criticism is that I didn't feel like i knew Song very well at the end of it.  I know the book is about her and there are glimpses of her past, but I still felt disconnected from her.  She seemed like a strong lead who had so much to lose, but that was all I got from it.  Still, a good read that kept me guessing!
Captivating, suspenseful, entertaining novel! This beautiful thriller kept me on the edge of my seat while I was reading it! Would highly recommend to those who enjoy this genre.