Sorry Not Sorry

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 14 Feb 2019

Did not manage to download this book on time. I am very sorry that I did not manage. Thanks for the opportunity.
Everything seems to be random in this story. First of all, I got thrown in the middle of a scene and I supposed to keep up with every information regarding these characters and what they're talking about. It almost feels like as if you're accidentally listening to someone's having conversation on the train that sits right beside you, you have no idea what they're talking about, but you're forced to listen to them anyway. There's no clear purpose with the plot too, although it literally mentioned in the earlier chapters. A lot of other side characters come and go, and when I thought these or those characters are going to have an impact and additional value to the story, they were not. It's just confusing, because what's the point of explaining the side character's motive for 10 pages here?

Thank you Bookouture and NetGalley for providing me with an advanced reader copy in exchange for an honest review.

Final Rating — 2/5
Enjoyed the book and Charlotte's character but lots of the other characters were unlikeable. I didn't feel compelled to keep reading but it was a timely sideline to thrillers I was reading at the same time. The link between the podcast and what Charlotte did wasn't always as strong as it could have been and this could have made for a stronger plot. I wasn't as amused as I thought I'd be, possibly for that reason. I will look out for the author in the future.
‘Sorry Not Sorry’ just wasn’t for me.  I am delighted  that there are lots of other positive reviews and I am clearly in the minority, but I struggle to find positive things about the book.
I found the style of writing very simplistic, many of the main characters one dimensional and not very likeable, the storyline did not engage me and I struggled to remain interested in the book. Having said that, I am pleased that I did continue with the book, as I certainly did not predict the ‘twist’ at the end.
Thanks to NetGalley for a Kindle copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.
A contemporary romance that centers on Charlotte as she ponders the next steps in her life.  She is in search of a companion, and aims to put herself out there after listening to a podcast, but as she masters each challenge her life becomes more and more out of whack.
I received this ebook copy from the publisher and NetGalley for an honest review.

It started good but it was hard for me to get into this book and then about midway just started to drag and I had to force myself to finish.
Sorry Not Sorry is an amusing tale of one woman willing to try anything to make her love life better.We get to follow Charlotte as she goes through a list of challenges that are supposed to improve her life .Charlotte was a pretty sympathetic character, I really felt for her, she really had a lot on her plate.The secondary characters were also lovable.The story was sweet and so fun!
I didn't love it and it took me a WHILE to get through it. The plot didn't really propel forward organically so I was just pushing myself chapter to chapter in an attempt to find a thread I would want to follow. Instead, it was a bunch of random obstacles getting in the way of the main character that never really served a purpose. I definitely wish a book marketed as a rom-com had more actual romance, and I really didn't find it funny.

Thank you to Netgalley and Bookouture for providing a free copy of this book in exchange for an honest review.!
I really enjoyed reading this! What a fun and exciting story - about Charlotte having to explore what the world has to offer and how she can face it while stepping out of her comfort zone. I feel frustrated with her friend, Maddy who easily believed in Bianca (who is a perfectionist) to ruin her friendship with Charlotte. I sometimes want to shake and pull Charlotte's hair for being too kind and nice without putting a fight.

I laughed a few times, but I still want to see the progress in the plot. It gets delayed about her repetitive meetups with Myles and her being nice to her co-bridesmaids who don't have a spine to tell Bianca to quit bitchin'.
Back in the 90s I think I read every chick lit title out there, right until the moment in the oughts when chick lit was declared dead and gone. Then I switched to YA.

There were things I did like about Sorry Not Sorry, things that felt a bit too familiar, and things that were somewhat of a let-down.

I liked Charlotte (she was kind of a Charlotte in SaTC terms, a nice girl who wants a guy). There were some nice friendships (Charlotte and her friends even have a weekly brunch just like Carrie and Co.) and amusing moments.

This book felt a bit like a cross between Bridget Jones (Charlotte’s work life, in which she’s the dependable Girl Friday at a hedge fund) and Bridesmaids (a subplot in which Charlotte’s best friend gets married and Charlotte’s maid of honor duties get hijacked by a rich perfectionist.

I wasn’t so much a fan of the whole Bad Girl podcast element, which basically ends up with Charlotte involved with a married man (the relationship itself was more interesting.)

The middle of the book dragged quite a bit. The ending was good but with too much crammed in. Plus, I felt the romance with Mr. Right felt way too rushed and shoved into the last few chapters.

If chick lit is back, I’m in!
Did a book’s ending ever make it hard to fairly rate a book? I am not saying that the ending was terrible, its just that…well, I just didn’t like it. Which stinks because up until the 95% mark of this book I thought it was rather fun. I was whipping through the ending because I wanted to finish and then BAM, that “twist.”

It was a fun story; classic chick-lit, light read that is easy to whip through. I liked some characters, I hated some characters (which you were supposed to).  But obviously meh about the ending.

Charlotte’s dating life is non-existent. She stumbles upon a podcast “Sorry Not Sorry” that will challenge her to go beyond her comfort zone and open up more within the dating scene. Each episode is a series of challenges which she will embark on (or at least try to).

Like I said, super light and fun concept. I was jiving with it, I just didn’t understand the ending. Please don’t confuse this with the ending being confusing: its not. I can’t explain without giving it away – and I try to be spoiler free – so I will leave it up to you to decide.

It is a cute beach read if you are looking for one. I want you to read it so we can discuss it. You can tell me you agree with me, or that I am overthinking it and to stop being so serious.

So, if you read it already let me know!
Sehr unterhaltsam und kurzweilig, toller Schreibstil, viel Gelächter und schmunzeln ist angesagt bei der Lektüre dieses frischen und frechen Buches.
Geeez, poor Charlotte!! I felt so sorry for her throughout the book as she always seemed to draw the short straw in life. It was as though her friends saw her as the butt of all jokes and her work saw her as a skivvy who would pick up the pieces anytime things went wrong. How much could one character endure?!

I didn't find this book to be as laugh out loud as I would have expected, given that it's in the tag line on the front cover. However I did snigger at some of the colourful personalities which make themselves known as the storyline progresses.

I honestly expected a proper light hearted read and, whilst there were moments where I felt as though the storyline was on cloud nine, it was quite deep and serious.

I loved getting to know Xander - he was so fun and made Charlotte's personality shine like it was meant to all along.

I did enjoy 'Sorry Not Sorry', what with the unique characters and unpredictable storyline, and I think that this is a read which is perfect for reading by the side of a pool. Sassy, colourful and unique - I am SOOO not sorry that I read this one!!
This is brilliant! I absolutely loved this novel which at times I could really identify and at which I laughed out loud….a lot!  I’m so glad I got to read this!

Charlotte is a fantastic character who I’m sure many women will identify with….especially when it comes to dating and men!  After her best friend and housemate moves out with her soon-to-be husband, Charlotte gets some new housemates and decides she needs to start sorting out her own love life.  She starts listening to a podcast called ‘Sorry Not Sorry’ which sets her weekly dating challenges and some of them are hilarious!  We get to go along with her and it’s honestly brilliant!

Not only that she builds some brilliant new friendships although at the same time goes through a lot of struggles……as it says on the book cover….’When life gives you limes, make margaritas’!  She has problems with work, fallings out with friends and man trouble and all the while you’re completely willing her on!  She’s definitely the sort of person that I’d happily have as a mate, with lots of nights out drinking!

There are so many real moments in this book, and plenty of moments that make you cringe but they genuinely had me smiling and laughing! There were also plenty of times when I felt sad, frustrated and angry for her too…….And there was a BIG twist at the end which I didn’t expect AT ALL!

Honestly guys, if you want to read something that will give you all the feels, and plenty of smiles and laughter then you NEED to pick this up.  Highly recommended by me!!

I’m looking forward to reading more from this author for sure!
Captivating, suspenseful, entertaining novel! This beautiful thriller kept me on the edge of my seat while I was reading it! Would highly recommend to those who enjoy this genre.
A cute departure from my regular thrillers and suspence novels. Light but laugh out loud funny. Bit of a twist which was excellent. All in all, a satisfying read that not only focuses on romance but relationships of many kinds. Friendships, office relationships with co-workers. The other relationships with whom we spend much of our days.
I feel like I should pull a Charlotte and do what she did. This novel could be used as a self-help book for sure!

Charlotte has always been good. She focuses on work, rarely goes out. But as you can expect, it gets boring so she decides to try and change it. Thanks to almightly Google, she finds a podcast to spice up her life. There starts the journey of completing weekly challenges - my worst nightmare as I'm a total wuss. Will she find her Mr Right?

This is a rather lighthearted and enjoyable read, if not a little too predictable.
The first book I’ve read by this author. I enjoyed it. It seemed like typical chick-lit but I found it funnier than most I’ve read in that genre in the past. Some of the British/UK terms I found confusing but they were easy enough to figure out the meaning of from context clues. I look forward to checking out other books by Ms. Ranald in the future.
The first book I’ve read by this author. I enjoyed it. It seemed like typical chick-lit but I found it funnier than most I’ve  read in that genre in the past. Some of the British/UK terms I found confusing but they were easy enough to figure out the meaning of from context clues. I look forward to checking out other books by Ms. Ranald in the future.
Charlotte loves her job. However, her job involves long hours, dealing with highly-tensed financial traders who throw tedious and arduous tasks her way as their assistant. But when Charlotte's best friend and former roommate, Maddy starts her wedding planning, Charlotte finds balancing her career, non-existent love life and maintaining her bridesmaid's duties quite a challenge. As her world changes dramatically once Maddy and her fiance move out of Charlotte's shared home to start their own home, Charlotte is forced to take a moment to find out what she wants. Well what she wants at the moment is to kick-start her dormant single-life and heeds the advice from the podcast, Sorry Not Sorry that takes her on an adventure of stepping outside of her comfort zone and ask out a guy rather than wait for them to ask her.

Sorry Not Sorry provided me with laughter by Charlotte's antics and uncomfortable situations that she seemed to regularly land in. This chick-lit book was well written with the intertwining humourous adventures and it was never a dull moment in Charlotte's life. If you're in the mood for a  lighthearted read, this is a novel that will provide and a much needed break from the intense novels such as the ones I've been reading in my book club. She was very relatable with her insecurities and and held on to her morals (well, mostly).