We're Not Sixteen Anymore

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 28 Feb 2019

Internet dating is a thing in my age group. Being sixty-plus myself, a lot of my friends are either divorced or widowed, so this looked like it might be a fun read, because I would be able to associate. One of my friends actually wrote a book on the same subject recently.

Firstly, I did enjoy reading about all the different dates she went on, because I could associate with everything. However, I did not really find it a fun or quirky read, but rather a book about someone who is constantly more aware about appearance than about two souls looking for friendship and more. Putting herself down constantly, became tiring to read, the writer really sounds like she is so much more than that. This read more like a rom-com for a thirty-year-old who does not know herself yet.

What I did appreciate, was the way she described the situations she got herself into and the suurroundings, she managed to put me right in the middle of the situation, every time. And I am surrely glad about the ending.

If there was an option for 2.5 stars, that would be my choice.

This was quite a fun book to read. The author, Becky Anderson, talks about the adventures of online dating and her experiences with it. She had some really funny experiences, but she seemed to end up finding online dating to be fun. She is an older woman and her family got her to try it. This book, although very humorous and fun to read, was very positive about online dating, which was good. After all, it seems like all you hear is negative things about it, so to hear someone have positive experiences with it was heartwarming. I would read this book again. It was well written and just hilarious to read. I highly recommend it.
I had a great time reading this book and now I am looking forward to reading more books by the same author. Many many thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for granting me access to this eARC.
One thing is clear after reading this book... dating is never going to be an easy job, whether you are sixteen or sixty! 😅

I giggled and chuckled my way through this book where the author shares her funny and embarrassing experiences with online dating at the age of 61.
A story about a 60 year old who is embarking back into the dating world. It's definitely a quirky and fun read. Online dating isn't easy but at 60 to read the dates bought a skill me to my face.
This book was cute. It was humorous but not laugh out loud funny as I expected it to be.  I like the different take of the older woman trying online dating. I look forward to reading more by this author.
Aww, I fell in love with this book because it's cute, charming and very heartwarming. A good way to escape reality by reading this light and fun book! Totally recommended to all ages!
In We're Not Sixteen Anymore, Becky Andersen has created,a wonderfully funny book of essays chronicling the pitfalls and perils of dating in the digital age.

First is the trauma of creating a new account and a dating profile; then waiting for the first responses to come in. It's amazing how quickly checking for responses goes from a pleasant pastime to a raving addiction.

She meets an entire collection of Mr. Wrongs. There's the utterly boring guy, the guy who makes a hobby of dating, and the guy who goes to a great deal of trouble to create a perfect first date. She also discovers that a horseback riding date, after years of not riding, is a painful way to meet another Mr. Wrong.

Does she meet a Mr. Maybe, or even a Mr. Right. You'll have to read it to find out!

I would highly recommend this title to woman looking for something light and funny.

In the interest of full disclosure, I received a free digital copy of this title to review from Net Galley.

#We'reNotSixteenAnymore#NetGalley
While I enjoyed this book immensely and chuckled at many parts, I wondered how very lucky this lady was.  Where were the ones who gave you false names and someone else's picture, or the scammers who try to steal your identity?  At least I don't feel alone in my efforts to find the "one".
The lead character is advised to find “a friend” and she tries out online dating but she’s not sixteen anymore. In her early sixties, the author discovers the benefits and disadvantages of online dating as she goes on her dates.
The narration is very hilarious, perfectly a romantic comedy! The author’s witty sense of humour will make you laugh on each page and each line. The way she describes her date and herself and the surroundings is awesome.
Grab this book on Valentines Day or any Day and it surely won’t disappoint you!
This book is a  fun story of a 60ish woman dipping her toes into online dating.  I laughed a lot and cried  little.  Overall I think this book will not dissappoint both young and old
What a nice surprise! Such a refreshing book, it looks like the story of an oldish Bridget Jones looking for another love of her life after Mark Darcy (snif). It's the writer's real story searching for love in a date website and it's really interesting to know the truth about being in the love market at that age, but she narrates it in a light and funny way and I found it difficult to put down. The ending was a little too rushed, but she choose my favourite suitor, so happy ending for all LOL.
To have such an eye opener of a book was quite a surprise. It opens your eyes then tears them up full of tears with such hilarious tales of dates gone bad. This is such a cute and comical book! If you need a good laugh you can get it with this novel. I gave an honest review in exchange for a copy of this hilarious tale! It was time spent well.
This wasn't exactly a laugh out loud kinda book, but I did enjoy the slight humor and sarcasm. Becky's story was enjoyable but I got bored real quick and pushed hard to get through it.
This book is more than it seems!

Yes, it's a fun and funny look at on-line dating from the perspective of a 60 year old woman but it's also honest and  refreshing. Becky Andersen is not some doddering old lady, she is great and I hope to be half as cool at her age.

Anyone who has ever dipped their toe in the pool of on-line dating will find this book relatable and enjoyable.

Thank you to Becky Andersen, BQB Publishing, and NetGalley for this ARC in exchange for an honest review!
I really enjoyed following Becky's adventures in online dating, for a not so 'tech savvy' older lady;she certainly got to grips with it. The different dates that Becky's experienced provided humour and some laugh out loud moments, I found the storyline really interesting and relevant for an older generation who still want to find love.
I was slightly disappointed with the short end to the book, I thought there were so many more humourous dates for Becky to share with the reader although it does allow an opportunity for a follow up book.
Cute book, liked the font. I enjoyed the perspective of the older person trying to find love in the modern dating scene.
I've had a go at online dating so this looked like it might be a fun read and I did enjoy reading about all the different dates she went on. It's fun and quirky and I really enjoyed it
We're Not Sixteen Anymore by Becky Andersen is a very funny book about senior online dating.  What a fun read! If you are looking for an entertaining book, that will keep you reading, I recommend this book.

I received this book in exchange for a fair and honest review.
I struggled with this book, not really understanding the "baby boomer" reference.

I didn't find the book humorous at all, verging on boring if I am honest. The subject is relevant, given the current culture of divorcing at the first sign of trouble. The thought of dating again fills me with dread. However, for others in this situation, I can understand their predicament, but felt rather than encouraging older singles to date, please would put them off.

A disappointing read.