The Sculptor

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 Jan 2019

"A riveting crime thriller.  Packed with mind-blowing twists and turns, The Sculptor will keep you reading until the very last page."
The Sculptor is a twisted murder mystery. The setting is Rome which is nice. A serial killer is stalking a grad student. It's a frightening premise because this killer does terrible things to the women he kills. Will the student outwit the serial killer? It's a story filled with tension. The main character is intelligent and intuitive. It's a good mystery read. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
The Sculptor is a good book, with many twists and turns in the plot. It keeps you guessing to the very end.
I was drawn to this book by the cover first and then the premise. It has been a little while since I have read a good murder story. Thus, my excitement to jump into this book.

The opening scene was intense. It hooked me and had me wanting more. However, all of the intensity seemed to disappear and I was left playing the waiting game. I kept reading waiting for the story to pick up again. It was not until the last third of the story where the story found its footing again and picked up some steam. Before than; I read until a third of the way into the story before I jumped ahead to the middle of the story to more it along.

The authorities came off as some what stupid. There was obvious clues and it was like they didn't know what to do with them when they finally put the pieces tighter. It was frustrating. This didn't make me like the characters any better. Overall, a nice idea of a story that just didn't come together for me.
Action packed, non stop thriller!  The book cannot be put down!!  I thoroughly enjoyed the Rome setting.
A book that keeps you on the edge of your seat while reading it. It is well developed serial killer story mixed with great details about student way of living in Rome Italy. The author in her own way dragged me into the story and kept me reading it until the end. Just perfect mix of mystery, action, thriller
It' a book that deserves a  sequel  because it ended on a chilling cliffhanger.  I recommend it for those who like horror movies.