Cover Image: Dear Wife

Dear Wife

Thank you, Harlequin for our gifted review copy.

Kimberly Belle is just so good at writing these addictive and pulse-pounding thrillers. DEAR WIFE is no different. It's a great book to take to the beach & you'll read it in its entirety. QUick chapters &  lots of suspense.
This book kept me guessing from the start. The first chapter draws you in, then you must follow a path through different characters perspectives to the conclusion. Tiny clues are thrown our throughout the story to keep you guessing. I was honestly suprised at the ending.  An excellent read!
Traveling With T’s Thoughts:

Back last November, I attended the Louisiana Book Festival and one of the panels was Tiffany Quay Tyson and Kimberly Belle talking about their books ( I forget the panels name- but it was a really cool vibe with them 2 talking- the only thing missing: WINE!)

Anyway, Kimberly’s upcoming book was mentioned in this panel and I made a note to request it. Fast forward several weeks/ couple or 3 months later and Steph’s Novel Fiction and I have been chatting via Instagram and Twitter and decided to buddy read Dear Wife.

We did our buddy read a week or so ago- and both of us flew through the book. I had 2 left field theories- one was brought about by reading a message that Steph sent me (that turned out to be wrong). The other theory was brought about by something a character revealed in a very off hand way- and it spun my mind to thinking something. Chapters later, my spidey-senses were tingling as evidence began to mount to support that theory.

After we both finished reading, we began discussing things and how we both had come to the correct theory- although, we came to the theory in different ways.

What I liked:

The cover. This is one that will stay on my shelf for years.

The plot. It kept me guessing and then glued to the book. I DID NOT want it to end.

How the book was laid out. I love hearing from multiple characters.

Bottom line: For me, this book was SO good. I loved the characters, the mounting suspense of each chapter, and the ultimate final conclusion. I highly recommend Dear Wife.
One wild ride if a thriller this was that I was unable to put down , I absolutely devoured this one.  Told through multiple pov this wad one tangled web that certainly kept me guessing.  The plot was intricately constructed with amazing character building.  I really thought I knew what was going on and than bam, she hit me out of the blue with a twist i had no idea was coming.
RATING: 3.5 STARS
2019; Park Row/Harlequin

I had a difficult time rating this one. Belle had me racing along with the novel to see where it was going. I knew one of the red herrings was just that a red herring, but I wanted to know how it all came together. This is also a difficult book to review because the things that didn't work for me are spoilers, lol. So, I am going to keep this review short...I liked Belle's writing and almost all the characterizations were strong, and the suspense was definitely there for me. Just the last 20% of the novel started to fall apart in suspense and I found it all a bit too neatly wrapped up. Yet, it is also emotionally satisfying.

***I received a complimentary copy of this ebook from the publisher through Edelweiss/NetGalley. Opinions expressed in this review are entirely my own.***
Another great thriller by Kimberly Belle!   This one was hard to put down and kept me guessing to the end with several twist right through to the end of the book. Told in multiple POV, but the author does a wonderful job blending those together.

Kimberly Belle became a go to author after I read The Marriage Lie a few years ago and I can't wait to read her next book.
“Dear Wife” is a gripping, captivating, take-your-breath-away novel!

Kimberly Belle has become the household name for Domestic Suspense, so by the time, “Dear Wife” was released, I was thrilled with excitement when UPS delivered it!
Then due to unforeseen circumstances, I had to purchase the audiobook as well, and it was just stunning! They did an amazing job narrating. I thoroughly enjoyed listening to this story....It made everything come to life!

The secrets, the not-knowing, the twists and turns...I repeat, the actual “not-knowing” who one of the main characters truly was, became such an intense hunt that I could not stop listening.

The urge to get to the end was such a powerful force that when I did finally get there...WOW!!!

So...Proceed with caution, because Belle gives us a powerful shock at the end that I was not expecting.

Well done Kimberly Belle!! Well done!!
I will read anything Kimberly Belle writes.  She builds suspense very well and ultimately once you get started you don't want to put the book down until you are finished.  Dear Wife was no exception.  Even though I thought I had it mostly figured out there was an unexpected twist at the end that made it that much better.  The author was a joy to have at our library's annual Southern Voices conference and I will definitely be reading her next book.
A pulse pounding edge of your seat thriller. How do you escape an abusive husband? The twists and turns keep coming in this fast paced read from Kimberly Belle.
A great tale of two stories that keeps you guessing until the end. I definitely figured it out about half way through, but nonetheless needed to know what happened to Beth!
Thanks to Netgalley for the ARC!
Well, what can I say. Mind blown. This is a fantastic book. Told from different POV but easy to follow. The ending was perfect.. Highly, highly recommend.
Thank you Netgalley and HARLEQUIN – Trade Publishing for an ARC in exchange for an honest review. Dear Wife is a suspenseful and thrilling female power book. I thought it was going to be like Gone Girl...I was glad to find out this book is quite original and felt like a fresh idea. What made this such a good read for me was that the characters were so well developed. Even Sabine, who we never get a first person view into, is a character you can understand empathize with. Through the whole first part of the book I was trying so hard to understand how Beth fit into the story. I fully loved the ending and would definitely recommend this book.
I confess, I approached Dear Wife with some trepidation. I've been more than a little burned by mystery / thrillers recently and was not sure this would work for me. However, the great reviews I've seen on Goodreads made me decide to pick it up and give it a try and I'm so glad I did!

Undoubtedly, the story has been summarized to death by now but it's an outstanding look at marriage and how trapped women can become by it as well as a rollicking myster/thriller that examines who we are, who we *really* are, and what we can become. I found it incredibly enjoyable and reminiscent of Gone Girl, which is--as far as I'm concerned--one of the best thrillers and looks at toxic marriage around.

Outstanding characterization, good crisp writing, and a corker of a plot make Dear Wife a very enjoyable read and highly recommended. (4.5 stars, rounded up)
I received a copy of this book from Netgalley in exchange for my honest opinion.   WOW!   This is my second book I’ve read by this author and she is now on my list of favorites!   Once I started this I could not put it down and lost sleep staying up late to read it.   This book is absolutely amazing from start to finish and I recommend reading this ASAP!
First off I want to thank @netgalley, @parkrowbooks & @kimberlybelle for my advanced copy in exchange for an honest review.
Wow! Mind blown, I was not expecting that at all. I am impressed at how the author was capable of shifting the story from the beginning preventing you to find out the ending.
I was honestly hooked from the beginning and just couldn't stop reading. This book is written in multiple POV's and it was very well done. The plot was intricately constructed with good character building. I really thought I was heading in the right direction but the author took me and slammed me to the floor with how incorrect I was. There was a point in the book where I was wondering if something more would happen and when it did, boy did it make me flip the pages non stop until the end.
This was a great thrilling, suspenful novel with a twist that you won't see coming. If you like being surprised and mind blown pick this one up!
Dear Wife by Kimberly Belle is a well written thriller mystery.  It deals with a woman on the run from domestic abuse and hooks the reader.  I usually can figure out where the book is going but I didn't see this ending.  I will r err commend it to the readers of my library but will time them it deals with abuse in case they need a warning
This book started off a little slow for me but once I got into it I REALLY got into it.

The writing was a little meh, but the story and the characters definitely made up for it! The twists at the end were very well crafted. It tied everything up nicely without being rushed or too wild. Definitely a good suspense novel!
I didn't finish this book. I was already not liking the writing, but after hearing what Alexa Donne had to say about it, i couldn't bring myself to finish it.
Dear Wife by Kimberly Belle had me on the edge of my seat almost the entire time I was reading. The characters were well developed, the story was riveting, and I kept changing my opinion on "who did it" throughout the story. I would highly recommend this suspense story.
Dear Wife is a wonderful twisty drama about a woman on the run and a woman who has gone missing. This was my first Kimberly Belle novel and it certainly won't be the last. A great book for anyone who enjoys psychological thrillers or domestic dramas, this book was a fast paced ride!