The Erie Canal Brides Collection

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 01 Jun 2019

I enjoyed reading this book.  There was some history about the building of the Erie Canal.

I would recommend this book
I enjoyed reading about the building on the Erie Canal during the different stages of development. Also I enjoyed reading about the different towns the canal went through and how it brought goods to their town and how they were able to travel by water way. Reading this reminds me of the trip I took last Summer to Cumberland, Maryland to visit the Cumberland Visitor Center which houses the C&O Canal National Historical Park. Inside the museum are many pictures of digging the canal and water travel. I was absolutely fascinated and could fully enjoy this book more because of the visuals I had while reading it. I highly recommend this book to lovers of historical fiction looking to learn something.
Publish date March 1,2019.
I was given a complimentary copy of this book from Barbour Books through NetGalley. Thank you. All opinions expressed are my own.
This is a book with 7 stories about the Erie Canal.I love these stories with a touch of history and so much more.  Each story is well written and an easy read.  I love tge length of each story as I can finish it in a single setting.    Being an Ohio girl, I learned  lot of the canal history and have visited several sites along what was the canal.  I enjoyed this book.  Thanks netgalley and Barbour Publishing for the arc, the opinions are my own
You can feel the surge of excitement around the building of the canal and the changes it brought to the area and the people.

The Erie Canal was dug, by hand, across Upstate New York state and Ohio in the early 1800s. It brought a lot of people together, in many ways, because of the way it was made and the communities it went through. These 7 stories are an interesting and diverse look at the people whose lives were impacted by it. I live close to part of the canal, so it makes it a little more personal to me. Of course my favorite one is about the Irishman who worked digging the canal, my second favorite about the German village, since my heritage is both Irish and German. All the stories include interesting historical information about this vast area and the early days of the canal. It's easy to become thoroughly engrossed in each story. They're written with great depth. You can easily envision the characters and feel as keenly as they do what they are going through. Never a boring moment! Each also has a message of deep Christian faith which I feel competes any story.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from the publisher and NetGalley book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”
A sweet, clean collection of historical romances. Each of the seven stories had there on unique POV around the Erie Canal. Each story was a relative quick read and they were all enjoyable. Well worth the read.
The Erie Canal Brides Collection: 7 Romances Develop Along Manmade Waterways of New York and Ohio is a collection of seven stories. These stories include:
The Way of a Child by Lauralee Bliss
Wedding of the Waters by Rita Gerlach
Digging for Love by Ramona Cecil
Return to Sweetwater Cove by Christina Miller
Journey of the Heart by Johnnie Alexander
Pressing On by Rose Allen McCauley
The Bridge Between Us by Sherri Wilson Johnson
This collection is great and I highly recommend it.
Five stars.
The Erie Canal Brides by various authors is a collection of seven stories set in the early 1800’s when the canal was the quickest way to move supplies and people. The stories are each unique and the settings are various towns along or near the canal. I enjoyed each story and the characters, both with good intentions and some not so good. The stories give a fictionalized view of what life was probably like back then. For many the canal made doing business in surrounding areas much easier and therefore more profitable. Others saw the canal as bringing ruffians who worked to dig the canal and later working on the boats to disrupt their peaceful lives. Some did not want to sell their land for a canal they felt was not needed. I felt very attached to many of the characters and their struggles with choices they had to make. I enjoyed this book very much as it delved into the history and time of the canal. All of the main characters are Christians though they may struggle with doing what is right. The stories include the characters leaning on scripture many times but are not preachy. I give this book 5 of 5 stars and believe it will appeal to a wide range of readers.
I received an advance copy of this book through Netgalley in exchange for my honest review.
The Erie Canal Brides Collection features 7 couples that were brought together one way or the other along this waterway that connects various towns in New York and Ohio. Along the way, the novellas highlight the benefits and challenges faced by the population from pre-canal to post-building years. It was quite clear that though the Erie Canal was instrumental in bringing business to the smaller towns, lots of social ills also came in tow. I was quite intrigued by the discrimination against Irish immigrants in the 19th century and it is an issue that I will educate myself on.

The Erie Canal collection gave me the travel bug and will look forward to adding some of these places to my North America bucket list.  The collection is heartwarming and will be a great pick me up that one can leisurely read.
The Erie Canal Brides Collection includes seven novellas. The stories are varied in social status, culture and location, but they share the  commonality of  the Erie Canal. All by different authors and all entertaining. This collection is a fun read for fans of historical romance fiction. Thanks to NetGalley for an arc in exchange for an honest review.
This collection of stories was written entirely by authors I was unfamiliar with. I enjoy reading these collections because of all the new-to-me authors that I discover:-) The Erie Canal Brides Collection takes you from Ohio to New York, from wealth to poverty, & from farm fields to city dwellings. Each story is unique, yet they are all tied together by the Erie Canal. As someone who has visited many of these places, I was impressed by the through research that the authors had done so they could accurately describe the countryside, & attitudes towards the workers during that portion of history.
As far as novella collections go, this was pretty decent. Of course the stories are short, and the romance often unbelievably quick, but they are still entertaining. I don't know if any of these will stick with me, but they were worth the time to read!
I enjoyed how each of the stories had elements of the Erie Canal in them, it made each of the stories connect to the central theme yet they each explored different situations. My particular favourites were Pressing On and Return to Sweetwater Cove. All of the stories had strong women whose grace and faith in their tough situations was an inspiration to me.
A fantastic collection of historical romances.  I found each selection to be well written and enjoyed reading each one.  Fans of historical romance will enjoy this book.  I received an arc from Netgalley and this is my unbiased review.
Sweet, clean stories written by seven great authors.  I love the area and the historical settings.  I love all the various series of these  collections.  I enjoy the Christian themes.  There is even a bit of suspense and action along with the romance, of course!  It's very easy to be able to recommend this book to you!

I received an ebook copy from NetGalley.  All thoughts are my own.
If you like good,clean christian fiction, you will love this book. All of the stories are very well written and are by different authors. This book has action, suspense and romance. All the stories are different and set at different times along the Erie Canal. Thank you Barbour Books via NetGalley for the ARC copy of this book. This is my honest opinion and I highly recommend this book.
Thanks to the author for providing a copy of this book via Netgalley
All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Very clean, Christian stories. Cute main y second characters. Well developed. If you looking for some nice and clean romance books, this book is for you!