The World's Best Jokes for Kids Volume 2

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 05 Feb 2019

What a great time I had with my grandchildren reading this book and telling the jokes.  There were giggles and laugh-out-loud belly laughs.

This book contains jokes that will please everyone.  Some you will love, some you will not but everyone will find jokes to tell the kids. The accompanying illustrations were just as funny as the jokes

This book if funny for kids over 5.  Under that they may not understand some of the references.

This book would be great for a family road trip.  They can be long and tedious.  Telling the jokes from volume two will keep the kids entertained and the time will fly by.

I received an ARC from Andrews McMeel Publishing through NetGalley in exchange for an honest review.  This in no way affects my opinion or rating of this book.
My daughter has always loved telling jokes (whether they make any sense or not) and now that she's getting older and can read on her own, she loves getting new comedic ideas from this book. They're silly but keep her occupied.
Creative, silly, and entertaining. Keeps kids and adults chuckling for hours! Fun illustrations. Read with kids and have fun!
I loved joke books as a child, and my little sister has been really big on jokes lately too. I read this thinking I would recommend it to her. I still might, but I don't know that this is 'the world's best' joke book. Still, it's got some pretty good jokes, and it good for a whole family to enjoy.
I'm not sure if they are "the world's best" but this book sure had my son laughing. The illustrations are enjoyable and add to the humor. If you're looking for a joke book, this is a good one.
Sterling and Lazar’s compilation for kids is chalk full of fun jokes. These two volumes, really brought me back to my childhood and reminded me of a book I had growing up.

Some of the jokes included in the first book, I had heard before. However I was pleasantly surprised to read so many that were new to me. The modern references that mentioned such examples as: current technology and pop culture, will appeal to the children of today.

The World’s Best Jokes for Kids Volumes I & II would be ideal to share with the whole family. Teachers could share them with their students and these books would also make for great gifts.

I would highly recommend these volumes for ages 8 and up.
Super cute! Simple, including fun little illustrations with each joke. This book is perfect for little jokesters or little ones who need a bit more help with their jokes! I’ll be needing this for my little jokester!
I am really excited about this follow up since the first one was so adorable. Definitely jokes I will share with my nephew. I did share some with my coworkers as well and they got a kick out of them.
As was true of volume one, this book is full of jokes that are sure to amuse and entertain elementary school aged children.  A few examples:

Why was the man fired from the calendar factory? Because he took a day off.

What dogs make the best scientists?  Labs

What do you call a police cat?  Claw enforcement

There are many, many more jokes in this illustrated volume.

Understanding jokes and puns makes kids feel clever.  They also love trying to stump the adults around them.  For these and other reasons, joke loving kids will enjoy this book!

Thanks to NetGalley and the publisher for these laughs.  The opinions are my own.
We read these books recently: the joke book kept my 5 year-old amused (he loved the illustrations) and he would have kept reading for longer. The language is, in the main, very simple and he could read it independently.
This is full of clean, eye-rollingly cheesey puns and jokes that kids will love!  I can't keep joke books like this on the shelves at my elementary library and this would make a great addition to our collection!
This is Volume 2. I enjoyed Volume 1 so much that I had to read Volume 2. I read this courtesy of netgalley.com, but I will buy this as soon as it comes out! Great jokes and wonderful illustrations!
I received this book via Netgalley and it didn't disappoint! My kids laughed so much! They always love a good joke, this book is full of loads! A good belly laughing load of fun and giggle, I reccomend it to all!
I liked Volume 2 better than the first volume! Kids & I really enjoyed this joke book. Felt that the second edition jokes were easier to understand quicker than the first edition. Would definitely recommend!
I enjoyed the first volume of this compilation, hence, I immediately grab the chance to check out this. I prefer this second installment because there are more funny or silly jokes here than the first book. Of course, there are still corny jokes mix in, but it is given that there's no such thing as perfect. I'm giving this 4 out of 5 stars just like the first book, but I consider this better even if I've rated them just the same. Hope that Swerling and Lazar will come up with the third book soon or much better, they could produce more succeeding volumes in the future.
Snagged with hook, line and sinker by volume 1, there was no stopping me from making a return visit for the next edition to continue my fill of chuckling, that is, if there'll ever be a fill; it's doubtful. Not to be disappointed, I was greeted with the same quirky one-liners accompanied by well-drawn illustrations. If this book drew endless chortles for me then it's bound to be a sure winner for the younger generation. Witty, wacky and weird, it hit on all cylinders. For endless entertainment, this book comes highly recommended.

I offer my thanks to NetGalley and Andrews McMeel Publishing for this ARC in exchange for an unbiased review.
"What did the table say to the chair? Dinner's on me." Kids love jokes, and they also love silly drawings. This book is unique in that every joke is illustrated by New York Times bestselling duo Swerling & Lazar. Each drawing is a sweet comic gem in itself and will help get the kids reading ... and the whole family laughing. This illustrated book by the New York Times bestselling creators of the Happiness Is . . . project will leave your family in stitches. The World’s Best Jokes for Kids Volume 2 is filled with hundreds of corny, brilliant, and silly jokes—each paired with a small drawing that’s a sweet comic gem in itself. It’s the perfect book for road trips, rainy days, or those special moments when kids and parents can laugh together.

My Review:
...quite funny, as the description already said: perfect for roadtrips, restaurant trips  or rainy weather or just for fun! Kids love those kind of jokes - easy to understand and to read. Simple but good!

This is Volume 2 - another great batch of jokes for Kids!

Note 2 or A-
Thanks to Netgalley and the Author for letting me review this book!