Every Last Breath

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 03 May 2019

Maddox is part of a secret agency that does jobs other agencies sometimes can’t. She is one of the top operators and is about to can on a mission that could change her life. Someone has developed a smallpox virus that is deadly. Cole is a Russian and was Maddox’s boyfriend years ago until she thought he died. He faked his death and Maddox is supposed to try and get Cole to help them. He is still mad because of Maddox, his father was killed. Now together this must go undercover and try to be the winning bid for the virus. But her cover is blown and they barely escape and now an assassin has the virus and plans to release it. Can they find him and stop him before he kills thousands of people?
First time reading this author and I absolutely loved this story. So much suspense, action, and sex. There is a cliffhanger and I can’t wait to read the next one. This will definitely keep you on the edge of your seat, so be prepared.
* Voluntarily read and reviewed this for NetGalley *
Every Last Breath is kick-***. This ex-military author really knows her covert ops. With some seriously bad men and a worldwide threat and plenty of toys like comms in diamond earrings and flash bang grenades in chunky buckles, it would be a riveting spy thriller all on it's own, but then egads it's also….very sexy. And did I mention the kick-*** female protagonist? She’s stuck with me for days, and I can't wait to read the next book. What a cliffhanger ending!
Every Last Breath by Juno Rushdan.
I normally prefer psychological thrillers rather than spy thrillers. That being said it was a good story but had way too much romance which I cant stand.  I would have preferred a bit more mystery and some suspense. ⭐⭐⭐Three stars.
I received an advanced copy via NetGalley.

This is the first book for Juno Rushdan. It falls well within my wheelhouse of romantic suspense. The story follows Maddox and Cole and Maddox's team of super secret spies trying to stop a bioweapon from being launched. This novel was an entertaining read with lots of action. I enjoyed learning about Maddox and Cole as a couple (it's a reconnection from the past storyline). It looks like this is the start of a series for the author and I am excited to read the next book!
Thank you Netgalley for providing this ARC in exchange for an honest review.
This  is a very well written book and my first novel by this author. I loved the strength and bad ass moves of special agent Maddox. She's tough but maintains her feminity. She morns the death of her fiance and is shocked when she finds out he's really alive. She enlist him to help her stop a madman from exposing civilians to the small pox virus. She's capable and is torn between keeping her distance from Cole who broke her heart when he fakes his death or give in and rekindle their love.
As for Cole's character I  have mixed feelings. He's a ferocious, alpha of a male who's out for revenge and feels betrayed by Maddox. He says he feels hatred for her and yet when he's s around her he ends up showing affection and rubbing her feet. I mean make up your mind already. He gives up his anger towards her too easily to be realistic. Anyway, he ends up showing her how his love for her did not die and together they save the world.
Great book if you like action and second chance romance.