Bamboozled

Pub Date:   |   Archive Date: 31 Dec 2018

I enjoyed this book. I liked the writing style. I enjoyed the characters. It was a quick read. I would recommend it.
Bamboozled by Barbara Barrett is the second book in the Mah Jongg Mystery series.  This book is a bit deeper than the usual cozy mystery series.  The main characters are dealing with serious issues.  I did not read the first book in this series but did not feel lost when reading this book.  The four women who are amateur sleuths who also play mah jongg.  When a member of the mah jongg group is accused of murdering her boss, she begs the ladies to help clear her name.  This is a more sophisticated cozy style mystery with serious planning of the investigation and the other things going on in the characters' lives.  If you are looking for a cozy series with a bit more depth, this is the one for you!
This is the second book in the Mah Jongg Mystery series. This is the first in this series that I have read. I saw this in the read me now section of Netgalley after publication. I was intrigued by the cover, the description, and the catch of mah jongg. This can be read as a standalone book.

I liked that it did not focus on any one person but on the group of friends, plus their significant others/spouses. I love the developing romance between the Sheriff and Kat.

I am looking forward to the next book.
A very nice cozy mystery. Characters are likable and are easy to relate to.
The relationships within groups and units are very nicely described. Husband and wife detective duo is different from that of four female friends. I found some interesting points that are close to my soul in one of the characters.
The plot is fine. The suspense is there and enough of it. The climax and the ending are predictable but still fun.
Once again, there is no old age and that's a good thing and encouraging.
This is a great book with a wonderful story and well developed characters. The story flowed very well and was very enjoyable. This book will keep you reading long into the night and you will not want to put this book down until you finish. This was such a great read and full of surprises. I am looking forward to reading other books by this great author.
a murder is happening. Some older couples and friends of the accused try to solve the murder on their owon without the help of the police. Easy and fun to read, an unsuspected end.
Bamboozled by Barbara Barrett, is the 2nd book in Mah Jongg series. A fun group of seniors, Kat, Syd, Marianne and Micki, help co player Cathy solve the murder of her boss Dorcas Wiley.  This book is a fun read, with intelligent older women. I found this book to be a quick read, with well developed plot and characters. I am looking forward to reading the next book in the series. If you love fun cozy mysteries like I do, than I recommend this book.

I received an ARC copy of this book from the author for an honest review.
Enjoyable cozy, though now I really want to retire if I can live a life like these ladies. Maybe not the sleuthing so much as it's more fun to read, but the cruising, Mah Jongg, and good friends that are there no matter what are calling.

The plot is well written and you'll find trying to solve this along with the characters interesting. Enjoyed this one, as it was a quick read and captivating.
Fun book to read. Didn't guess the killer until the end. Love the developing relationship between the sheriff and Kat. Good book!
This is the second instalment I read in this series and I liked it as the first one.
The cast of characters is likeable, the plot is engaging and entertaining.
The mystery was good, no plot hole, and it's quite fast paced.
An enjoyable read, I look forward to reading the next instalment in this series.
Recommended!
Many thanks to the publisher and Netgalley for this ARC
This is a fairly standard cozy mystery with an OK plot. The story and the characters are good, but the dialogue seems a bit unnatural, especially between partners. You can also get tired of the multitude of times there is a mentioning of sleuthing being bad.
Overall I enjoyed this book, even with the canacer them running through it. Characters are real and  likeable, writing is tstrong and well done. I would have like more infor on themah jong and easenal oils to fill in the background though.
I had to stop reading this because the storyline of one of the characters hit too close to home right now.  I did enjoy the writing and the story  is really interesting but I'm just vulnerable right now.
Thank you.